PS3 will whoop 360 in total sales, as for the Wii...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

washere12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 washere12
Member since 2003 • 612 Posts

I am sick of people saying the PS3 isn't selling and therefore it will lose the console war in sales.... WRONG

The Wii will dominate total sales, no doubt about that, but right now I want to stay on 360 and PS3

1)The PS3 is 600 bucks, SO WHAT: It won't stay that way forever, it is called price drops and once it reaches 300 bucks AWWWW.....

2)The PS2 has sold 100 million + consoles: and is still selling the strongest of all console, Sony will keep the PS2 strong until the PS3 comes to 300$, they are just trying to get money from those who have 600$

3)Since the PS2 has sold that much: Don't you think that at least half of the userbase of the PS2 will buy a PS3 sometime, which is probably more than the original Xbox sold and probably more than the 360 is going to sell.

4)360 will close down on the market share:There is no doubt Microsoft has made some great moves(Getting exclusives) and recieved many great titles, and that Sony has made some mistakes in responsability(Losing exclusives), which is why the market share will narrow in width and set a better course for Microsoft next-gen.

H3llstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 H3llstrike
Member since 2006 • 1877 Posts
Caps lock isn't your friend "sighs". Let me guess just wait....Potentialstation3 will win this arguements been had a million times here....
Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
dont know about you, but the xbox 360 is gonna whoop the ps3 in sales in USA and even europe. if the rumor is true about xbox 360 getting a price drop, then sony is going to get owned heavily. if sony wanna compete there going to have to drop the console price to $100, and that wont even be good enough.
2FacedJanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 2FacedJanus
Member since 2004 • 8236 Posts

Ah yes, and all the other consoles will stay at the exact same price... awwwwwwwww

It's anyone's guess how big the ps2 userbase is, seeing how many people had to rebuy theirs...

Userbase =/= fanbase

Wow and your last point is true, they get a broader market....  

OPbarfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 OPbarfer
Member since 2006 • 202 Posts

I agree!  Like you, I am a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment America and was issued the same future-predicting crystal ball you were.  Y'know, the one that calls the war for Sony no matter how low the sales are, how skimpy the software selection is, how barren the new release calendar is, no matter how much better the 360 looks graphically etc. etc.  Nevermind that no system has ever started the race having its a** handed to it, then rose to the top of the ranks.  Facts are for Sheep!  Besides, it's not like the other systems could see a price drop, especially not sooner than the PS3 will.  Right on man, best post eva!

SuperPogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SuperPogi
Member since 2004 • 108 Posts

stop living in the past and wake up

before playstation came, nintendo (or sega) was leading. what happened then?

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

Userbase =/= fanbase

2FacedJanus

That's probably true.

But how come the 100 million PS1 owners transferred to the PS2...with another 10 million on top of that? 

Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts

I am sick of people saying the PS3 isn't selling and therefore it will lose the console war in sales.... WRONG

The Wii will dominate total sales, no doubt about that, but right now I want to stay on 360 and PS3

1)The PS3 is 600 bucks, SO WHAT: It won't stay that way forever, it is called price drops and once it reaches 300 bucks AWWWW.....

price drop will be costly for sony video game sector. there already losing mony on the console, so dont expect a price drop so soon, and if they do, then dont expect a huge change in the pricing of the console.

2)The PS2 has sold 100 million + consoles: and is still selling the strongest of all console, Sony will keep the PS2 strong until the PS3 comes to 300$, they are just trying to get money from those who have 600$

the ps2 sold? or shipped? anyway, yeah its selling decent. sony cant really afford to even support the ps2 for long. there going to have to give third parties reasons for making games for the ps3. its costly for developers to develop on ps3, remember that. if there games dont sell as well as they want it to, then dont expect for them to remain on that platform.

3)Since the PS2 has sold that much: Don't you think that at least half of the userbase of the PS2 will buy a PS3 sometime, which is probably more than the original Xbox sold and probably more than the 360 is going to sell.

the fanboys will buy ps3, the rest of the market who have no loyalty, who cant afford the console, or even have other options wont.

4)360 will close down on the market share:There is no doubt Microsoft has made some great moves(Getting exclusives) and recieved many great titles, and that Sony has made some mistakes in responsability(Losing exclusives), which is why the market share will narrow in width and set a better course for Microsoft next-gen.

the gap wont be as great. japan could increase the amount of ps3's in the world, but if xbox360 drop its price, then sony and the ps3 will definitly be in serious trouble, believe me.

washere12
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
The PS3 isn't going to "whoop" anything.. They've already lost the Japanese market and the US market is Wii>360>PS3 as of Jan 07 with the 360 owning in total sales.  What I'm tired of is fanboys clinging to old glory using PS2 sales to somehow offset the fact that the PS3 is selling like sht right now.  The PS3 is TOO MUCH FREAKING MONEY... PERIOD!!!  And by the time the PS3 drops to $300 (which should be sometime in 2009), the wii will be like $150 and the 360 will be like $200 *core* 250-300 *premium* $400 *elite*  And you'll be right back where you started from...  That is with the PS3 being a hell of alot more expensive than it's competition.
2FacedJanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 2FacedJanus
Member since 2004 • 8236 Posts
[QUOTE="2FacedJanus"]

Userbase =/= fanbase

the-very-best

That's probably true.

But how come the 100 million PS1 owners transferred to the PS2...with another 10 million on top of that?

how do you know all of those transferred to ps2? These were the exact same people? I know people who owned a ps1, went on on pc, xbox, gc or ps2.... so.. . your point? 

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
[QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="2FacedJanus"]

Userbase =/= fanbase

2FacedJanus

That's probably true.

how do you know all of those transferred to ps2? These were the exact same people? I know people who owned a ps1, went on on pc, xbox, gc or ps2.... so.. . your point?

My point is that while I agree probably not all of the PS1 owners moved to PS2, I do think a lot did, and I think the PS2 got even more gamers who weren't gamers in the PS1 gen to join in.

And when the PS3 has its games ready in 2008 (FFXIII, MGSIV, GT5) then PS2 owners will start to make the transfer.

People have to understand that the PS2 sales didn't boom till 2 whole years after launch and it still came out on top, way on top.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#12 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Another PS3 fan saying this about how the PS3 will beat the Wii and XBox360 in total sales. A price drop. Sony can't afford to do that whereas Nintendo can. Not many exclusive titles for the console and a very expensive console which won't drop anytime soon. It's gonna continue like this for some time and Nintendo now have games that can go online.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

I agree! Like you, I am a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment America and was issued the same future-predicting crystal ball you were. Y'know, the one that calls the war for Sony no matter how low the sales are, how skimpy the software selection is, how barren the new release calendar is, no matter how much better the 360 looks graphically etc. etc. Nevermind that no system has ever started the race having its a** handed to it, then rose to the top of the ranks. Facts are for Sheep! Besides, it's not like the other systems could see a price drop, especially not sooner than the PS3 will. Right on man, best post eva!

OPbarfer

rofl You're spot on, gg.Â