PS3 vs Xbox 360: after 2008, which one has the better exclusives in your opinion

• 130 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

I just want to get a feel on what everyone thinks about the exclusive game libraries for PS3 vs 360 after 2008. I think that the PS3 has been catching up on the 360 in terms of games, and I wanted your opinions on this.

Since how much one person enjoys a certain game is subjective for the most part, please don't insult anyone for their preferences. Also, forget about price issues, hardware malfunctioning - forget about everything other than the games here. Finally, forget about all review scores, whether Gamespot, Gamerankings, or Metacritic - forget about everyone else's opinions - I just want your honest opinions.

To be honest, I've never had that much of an interest in most of the 360 exclusives, which is why I have a PS3. I have been recently looking to get a 360, but I'll need to save up some money first. Anyway, here are the lists of notable exclusives (please let me know if you feel that I'm missing something):

Playstation 3:
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patrots
LittleBigPlanet
Resistance: Fall of Man
Resistance 2
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty
Valkyria Chronicles
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Motorstorm
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice
Folklore
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
PixelJunk Eden
PixelJunk Monsters
Ridge Racer 7
Siren: Blood Curse
Super Stardust HD
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
WipEout HD
Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Xbox 360:
Gears of War 2
Halo 3
Forza Motorsport 2
Project Gotham Racing 3
Project Gotham Racing 4
Braid
Ninja Gaiden II
Lost Odyssey
Saints Row
Tales of Vesperia
Fable II
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
Blue Dragon
Dead or Alive 4
Crackdown
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
Perfect Dark Zero
Ridge Racer 6
Kameo: Elements of Power
Castle Crashers

EDIT:
Due to a rule regarding this forum and the PC brought to my attention by Blackbond, I'm not allowed to ingore the PC or other consoles in this forum. Therefore, I removed all games from the two lists that are also available on the PC or Wii.

munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts
i like ps3 exclusives more because the games are more appealing to me.
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 abdelmessih101
Voting is great, but some of you need to post as well to keep the thread alive for more than a few minutes. ;)
tupapi006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tupapi006
Member since 2003 • 2980 Posts

I just want to get a feel on what everyone thinks about the exclusive game libraries for PS3 vs 360 after 2008. For the purposes of this thread, I'm only interested in these two consoles - forget about the Wii and the PC for now. That means that any PC/360 game counts for as a 360 exclusive for the purpose of the poll. I think that the PS3 has been catching up on the 360 in terms of games, and I wanted your opinions on this.

Since how much one person enjoys a certain game is subjective for the most part, please don't insult anyone for their preferences. Also, forget about price issues, hardware malfunctioning - forget about everything other than the games here. Finally, forget about all review scores, whether Gamespot, Gamerankings, or Metacritic - forget about everyone else's opinions - I just want your honest opinions.

To be honest, I've never had that much of an interest in most of the 360 exclusives, which is why I have a PS3. I have been recently looking to get a 360, but I'll need to save up some money first. Anyway, here are the lists of notable exclusives (please let me know if you feel that I'm missing something):

Playstation 3:
LittleBigPlanet Going to PSP
Resistance: Fall of Man Going to PSP
Resistance 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Motorstorm
Folklore
PixelJunk Eden
PixelJunk Monsters
Ridge Racer 7
Super Stardust HD
WipEout HD ON PS
Ninja Gaiden Sigma ON Xbox

Xbox 360:
Gears of War On PC
Gears of War 2
Halo 3
Mass Effect ON PC
Left 4 Dead ON PC
Forza Motorsport 2
Project Gotham Racing 3
Project Gotham Racing 4
Braid
Ninja Gaiden II
Lost Odyssey
Saints Row
Tales of Vesperia
Fable II
Blue Dragon ON DS

naruto broken bond
Dead or Alive 4
Crackdown
Dead Rising ON WII
Perfect Dark Zero
Ridge Racer

abdelmessih101
_Pinbot_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 _Pinbot_
Member since 2008 • 1062 Posts
For me it is the 360. I have both a 360 and a PS3 and I haven't even heard of many of those PS3 games and when I research them, I find they scored low.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

Playstation 3:
LittleBigPlanet

Resistance: Fall of Man
Resistance 2

Valkyria Chronicles

Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Motorstorm
Folklore

PixelJunk Eden
PixelJunk Monsters
Ridge Racer 7
Super Stardust HD
WipEout HD
Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Xbox 360:
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Halo 3
Mass Effect
Left 4 Dead
Forza Motorsport 2
Project Gotham Racing 3
Project Gotham Racing 4
Braid
Ninja Gaiden II
Lost Odyssey
Saints Row
Tales of Vesperia
Fable II

Blue Dragon
Dead or Alive 4
Crackdown
Dead Rising
Perfect Dark Zero
Ridge Racer 6

abdelmessih101

I bolded what I own or wanted (the majority is own), I bold and italicized what I didn't find worth a purchase, you can see what I favour.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
[QUOTE="abdelmessih101"]

I just want to get a feel on what everyone thinks about the exclusive game libraries for PS3 vs 360 after 2008. For the purposes of this thread, I'm only interested in these two consoles - forget about the Wii and the PC for now. That means that any PC/360 game counts for as a 360 exclusive for the purpose of the poll. I think that the PS3 has been catching up on the 360 in terms of games, and I wanted your opinions on this.

Playstation 3:
LittleBigPlanet Going to PSP ITS A DIFFERENT GAME
Resistance: Fall of Man Going to PSPITS A DIFFERENT GAME
Resistance 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Motorstorm
Folklore
PixelJunk Eden
PixelJunk Monsters
Ridge Racer 7
Super Stardust HD
WipEout HD ON PS NO IT ISN'T SOME LEVELS ARE FROM THE PS
Ninja Gaiden Sigma ON Xbox NO IT IS NOT DIFFERENT BOSS FIGHTS = DIFFERENT GAME

Xbox 360:
Gears of War On PC
Gears of War 2
Halo 3
Mass Effect ON PC
Left 4 Dead ON PC
Forza Motorsport 2
Project Gotham Racing 3
Project Gotham Racing 4
Braid
Ninja Gaiden II
Lost Odyssey
Saints Row
Tales of Vesperia
Fable II
Blue Dragon ON DSITS A DIFFERENT GAME
Dead or Alive 4
Crackdown
Dead Rising ON WIIITS A DIFFERENT GAME
Perfect Dark Zero
Ridge Racer

tupapi006

made a few corrections there
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 abdelmessih101
[QUOTE="tupapi006"][QUOTE="abdelmessih101"]

Playstation 3:
LittleBigPlanet Going to PSP
Resistance: Fall of Man Going to PSP
Resistance 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Motorstorm
Folklore
PixelJunk Eden
PixelJunk Monsters
Ridge Racer 7
Super Stardust HD
WipEout HD ON PS
Ninja Gaiden Sigma ON Xbox

Xbox 360:
Gears of War On PC
Gears of War 2
Halo 3
Mass Effect ON PC
Left 4 Dead ON PC
Forza Motorsport 2
Project Gotham Racing 3
Project Gotham Racing 4
Braid
Ninja Gaiden II
Lost Odyssey
Saints Row
Tales of Vesperia
Fable II
Blue Dragon ON DS
Dead or Alive 4
Crackdown
Dead Rising ON WII
Perfect Dark Zero
Ridge Racer

I already mentioned that Xbox 360/PC games count for the sake of this thread and this poll. Also, I said to ignore all other consoles. But thanks anyway for your concern.
For me it is the 360. I have both a 360 and a PS3 and I haven't even heard of many of those PS3 games and when I research them, I find they scored low._Pinbot_
There are plenty of low-scoring games that I'm sure you would like if you give them a chance. Two of my favorite games of all time (Kingdom Hearts I and II) scored in the 80-85 range. There are plenty of
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 abdelmessih101

I'm surprised that only one person voted for "...too close to call"

Otherwise, the PS3 has the slight edge at this point.

unknown37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 unknown37
Member since 2006 • 5135 Posts
neither are exceptional, but I'll go with ps3
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 abdelmessih101
neither are exceptional, but I'll go with ps3unknown37
So I'm assuming you're partial to the PC, right? Either that, or you aren't much of a gamer.
Menalque2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Menalque2
Member since 2007 • 2630 Posts

This gen is now three years old and yet these systems only have about 25 exclusives each?

Pathetic

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
I own both. 360 is better, obviously.
SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts
Well, I play almost exclusively on my 360, so clearly I'd vote for that. I think there's obviously a case to be made for both consoles, and honestly, I don't think it really matters too much. I'd argue that a list of exclusives isn't nearly as important as a couple exclusives you really want. Case in point: If Gears, Mass Effect and Dead Rising weren't on the 360, I probably wouldn't want to buy one, at this point; I'd buy whatever system had those games. Likewise, a PS3 without MGS4 and maybe Killzone 2 wouldn't interest me.
dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#15 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts
PS3, easily.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
Personally I prefer the PS3 exclusive list. But that's just my opinion... ya know, you might prefer something else, and that's ok... that's fine. I just prefer the PS3 exclusives. That doesnt make it a fact... simply my opinion. So if you disagree, you can if you like. If you agree, that's fine too. It's all ok. Just opinions. Mine might be different than yours, but we can still be friends. IMO.
roddollente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 roddollente
Member since 2008 • 1543 Posts
ps3 because the 360 games are also on pc, so it's not exclusive at all. last time i checked, exclusive means you can't play the game on any other system. not a fanboy, but if you have a capable pc like me, then might as well buy (or DL??) the games rather than buying a 360, right? but of course, for people who only has an average pc, 360 is the way to go for them. i find the more interesting games on the ps3, since it has mgs4 and lbp, both are refreshing for me (havent played any other mgs game). gears of war was sweet as well sicne i don't like FPS besides the earlier FPS games like Spear of Destiny, and Counter Strike (FPS are best for PC's). but imma go for the ps3 exclusives. i would take out motorstorm fro mthere. not fun at all.
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

I've always preffered the Xbox 360s lineup, even before it got FFXIII, RE5 & Tekken 6. Now all the PS3 has that appeals to me is GoW, Killzone 2 & FFVXIII(Wish we got instead of FFXIII). Props to MGS4, not my kind of movie though. For everything else, I find the 360 does bigger & better...

..imo

isukuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 isukuno
Member since 2009 • 170 Posts

I would definitely say PS3. GeOW2 wasn't that great (rather repetetive...), while I whole heartedly enjoyed MGS4.

unknown37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 unknown37
Member since 2006 • 5135 Posts
[QUOTE="unknown37"]neither are exceptional, but I'll go with ps3abdelmessih101
So I'm assuming you're partial to the PC, right? Either that, or you aren't much of a gamer.

How can I be partial to PC when I dont even own 1? I post on a PS3. And to answer your question if being a gamer means playing nothing but half assed FPS and RPG games all day then no, I'm not a gamer... I'm on a completely different level than "gamers"
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 abdelmessih101
So I'm assuming you're partial to the PC, right? Either that, or you aren't much of a gamer.Menalque2
How can I be partial to PC when I dont even own 1? I post on a PS3. And to answer your question if being a gamer means playing nothing but half assed FPS and RPG games all day then no, I'm not a gamer... I'm on a completely different level than "gamers"

Okay, I find that hard to believe, but you have no reason to lie so I'll believe you. What I meant was if there isn't much that interests you on either list, then either you game mostly on PC, or you just don't game very much at all. Or you like mostly multiplatform games, which is fine too.
ps3 because the 360 games are also on pc, so it's not exclusive at all. last time i checked, exclusive means you can't play the game on any other system. not a fanboy, but if you have a capable pc like me, then might as well buy (or DL??) the games rather than buying a 360, right? but of course, for people who only has an average pc, 360 is the way to go for them. i find the more interesting games on the ps3, since it has mgs4 and lbp, both are refreshing for me (havent played any other mgs game). gears of war was sweet as well sicne i don't like FPS besides the earlier FPS games like Spear of Destiny, and Counter Strike (FPS are best for PC's). but imma go for the ps3 exclusives. i would take out motorstorm fro mthere. not fun at all.roddollente
I have a fairly new, fairly high-end PC, but I just hate gaming on a PC. I'd much prefer a controller to a keyboard and mouse. Besides, I don't want to have games on my PC and risk slowing it down or anything like that. It's just the way I am, but gaming belongs on consoles in my opinion. Besides, I said leave out the PC for the sake of arguing specifically about these two consoles.
SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts
[QUOTE="Menalque2"]How can I be partial to PC when I dont even own 1? I post on a PS3. And to answer your question if being a gamer means playing nothing but half assed FPS and RPG games all day then no, I'm not a gamer... I'm on a completely different level than "gamers"abdelmessih101
Okay, I find that hard to believe, but you have no reason to lie so I'll believe you. What I meant was if there isn't much that interests you on either list, then either you game mostly on PC, or you just don't game very much at all. Or you like mostly multiplatform games, which is fine too.
ps3 because the 360 games are also on pc, so it's not exclusive at all. last time i checked, exclusive means you can't play the game on any other system. not a fanboy, but if you have a capable pc like me, then might as well buy (or DL??) the games rather than buying a 360, right? but of course, for people who only has an average pc, 360 is the way to go for them. i find the more interesting games on the ps3, since it has mgs4 and lbp, both are refreshing for me (havent played any other mgs game). gears of war was sweet as well sicne i don't like FPS besides the earlier FPS games like Spear of Destiny, and Counter Strike (FPS are best for PC's). but imma go for the ps3 exclusives. i would take out motorstorm fro mthere. not fun at all.roddollente
I have a fairly new, fairly high-end PC, but I just hate gaming on a PC. I'd much prefer a controller to a keyboard and mouse. Besides, I don't want to have games on my PC and risk slowing it down or anything like that. It's just the way I am, but gaming belongs on consoles in my opinion. Besides, I said leave out the PC for the sake of arguing specifically about these two consoles.

Although I take the absolute opposite position console-wise (I'm for the 360 over the PS3), I completely agree with your view of gaming. No matter how good my computer is, I'll confine myself to console gaming 99% of the time, and I too prefer a controller to kb/m.
desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 desyple
Member since 2008 • 1725 Posts
ps3 list is more appealing to me but i still own quite a few of the 360 titles.
Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
Personal taste has me leaning PS3.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts
This comes down to preferences more than actual value. I prefer PS3.
xsalvioutlawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xsalvioutlawx
Member since 2007 • 423 Posts
360 for me overall.
CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

Resistance: Fall of Man Going to PSPtupapi006
Wow not even close on that one. The Resistance Franchise is going to the PSP as Retribution, but Fall of Man is not. Retribution has a completely new protagonist and a whole new side of the story.

That is like saying Super Mario Galaxy isn't a Wii exclusive because Super Mario 64 and the New Super Mario Brothers are on the DS. Gotta love people that attempt to make "corrections" and need to be corrected on their own corrections.

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts
PS3 by a mile for me , it just has better exclusives imo
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#30 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
[QUOTE="abdelmessih101"]

To be honest, I have never found anything life to be "too close to call," aside from a few things. This, especially, isn't "too close to call" for me, at least. I say PS3, by a mile.
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 abdelmessih101
[QUOTE="DeathScape666"][QUOTE="abdelmessih101"]

To be honest, I have never found anything life to be "too close to call," aside from a few things. This, especially, isn't "too close to call" for me, at least. I say PS3, by a mile.

Well, now I'm surprised by the PS3's considerable lead. 29 out of 80 votes for "PS3 by a mile" and 51 out of 80 for PS3 overall - where are the lemmings today? :P
isukuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 isukuno
Member since 2009 • 170 Posts

[QUOTE="abdelmessih101"][QUOTE="Menalque2"] Okay, I find that hard to believe, but you have no reason to lie so I'll believe you. What I meant was if there isn't much that interests you on either list, then either you game mostly on PC, or you just don't game very much at all. Or you like mostly multiplatform games, which is fine too.[QUOTE="roddollente"]ps3 because the 360 games are also on pc, so it's not exclusive at all. last time i checked, exclusive means you can't play the game on any other system. not a fanboy, but if you have a capable pc like me, then might as well buy (or DL??) the games rather than buying a 360, right? but of course, for people who only has an average pc, 360 is the way to go for them. i find the more interesting games on the ps3, since it has mgs4 and lbp, both are refreshing for me (havent played any other mgs game). gears of war was sweet as well sicne i don't like FPS besides the earlier FPS games like Spear of Destiny, and Counter Strike (FPS are best for PC's). but imma go for the ps3 exclusives. i would take out motorstorm fro mthere. not fun at all.SeanBond

Although I take the absolute opposite position console-wise (I'm for the 360 over the PS3), I completely agree with your view of gaming. No matter how good my computer is, I'll confine myself to console gaming 99% of the time, and I too prefer a controller to kb/m.

Uh...you guys know that you can plug a 360 controller into your computers and use them right?

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 abdelmessih101

[QUOTE="SeanBond"][QUOTE="abdelmessih101"] I have a fairly new, fairly high-end PC, but I just hate gaming on a PC. I'd much prefer a controller to a keyboard and mouse. Besides, I don't want to have games on my PC and risk slowing it down or anything like that. It's just the way I am, but gaming belongs on consoles in my opinion. Besides, I said leave out the PC for the sake of arguing specifically about these two consoles.isukuno

Uh...you guys know that you can plug a 360 controller into your computers and use them right?

Yeah, but I'd still rather not play games on my PC at all. I just like having it clearly defined this way: consoles for gaming, PC for everything else. The PS3 and 360 were made for games and movies, and the PC was made for everything else. Besides, I don't want to waste space and risk slowing down my PC with games anyway.
abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
PS3 exclusives for sure, that's the main reason I got a PS3 over a 360 besides some other reasons but as for 360 many exclusives go to PC and if they are on both then a PC would fit me better for me and my free online gaming (I know this is off-topic). Since gears1 and fable1 and Halo were released on PC then the new ones might come to PC in the future. But for the PS3 they don't release their games on PC and if they'd do then I'd be a happy PC-only gamer but they don't and the games interest me so I've no choice :P as for the Wii I really don't wanna comment...
GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts

I will go with the PS3 because I before their exclusive list but Mass Effect is my most favorite exclusive title.

cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts
360 for me. PS3 isn't as bad as I thought though.
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 abdelmessih101
So I guess the PS3 is now beating the 360 in terms of game library as far as Gamespot is concerned - I'm honestly surprised.
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 obamanian
Member since 2008 • 3351 Posts

Xbox 360 by 100 million miles, given i do not have any PS3 game that i liked much so far

In fact MGS4 and LBP are some of the most underwhelming games i played in 2008 easilly

While 360 is full of huge stunning looking and varied 100+ hours RPG's, like Mass Effect, Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, Last Remannt, Fallout 3 the complete edition, Tales of Vesperia, Too Human, Infinite Undisocvery, Blue Dragon etc etc

Also has the best for me action title, NG2, and the best innovative titles like Banjo 3, and Viva Pinata 2, both huge 40+ hours fully 3D games trying new exiting gameplay never done before

There is absolutly no contest for me, 360 is what i played 99% of my gaming time, the only game i actually liked on PS3 is Folklore, and even that was a extremely limited experience

In 2009 gets even better for 360, since i want to buy day one about 15+ RPG's for it, huge 50-100+ hours WRPG's and games like Star Ocean 4, FF13 and the biggest adventure and strategy games ever, Alan Wake and KUF2 that is

On PS3 i want much Demon Soul and that is it

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#39 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts
I'd say they're both about equal right now.
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 obamanian

I'd say they're both about equal right now.SpinoRaptor24

Not in RPG's, not in strategy titles, not in innovative fully 3D games, not in multiplatforms, etc

How are they about equal, when PS3 misses games in so vital genres ?

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 abdelmessih101

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]I'd say they're both about equal right now.obamanian

Not in RPG's, not in strategy titles, not in innovative fully 3D games, not in multiplatforms, etc

Because game quality is almost entirely subjective - a fact that you never seem to acknowledge.
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 obamanian
[QUOTE="obamanian"]

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]I'd say they're both about equal right now.abdelmessih101

Because game quality is almost entirely subjective - a fact that you never seem to acknowledge.

But total absense of exclusive games in specific genres, like WRPG's and startegy games is not

PS3 simply has zero of that kind, so how is it better again ?

Amartherion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 Amartherion
Member since 2008 • 221 Posts
obamanian, u again...let ppl have their own opinion pls. it's not all bout wad like in this thread. ur damn irratating.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

personally am more interested/looking forward to PS3 exclusives, so for me PS3 wins... however both systems have much to offer throughout 2009.. We cannot really say console X will be better since it comes down to personal tastes in gaming of each individual..

Its good that all systems (incl PC, Wii & handhelds) will have a great 2009, so its a win/win situation for us gamers...

division_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 division_9
Member since 2005 • 649 Posts
PS3, Metal Gear Solid 4 really defined my gaming this year.
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 abdelmessih101
[QUOTE="abdelmessih101"][QUOTE="obamanian"]

obamanian

But total absense of exclusive games in specific genres, like WRPG's and startegy games is not

PS3 simply has zero of that kind, so how is it better again ?

The PS3 has Valkyria Chronicles - a strategy RPG that won IGN's strategy game of 2008 if I remember correctly.

Otherwise, your argument in general is seriously flawed. You point out two niche genres that most gamers don't care too much about, and say the lack of PS3 exclusives in those genres makes it worse. If anything, it simply means that the PS3 exclusive library is less varied, yet overall value is still entirely subjective. I don't like WRPGs, nor am I that big on strategy games either, and I'm wiling to bet that most other gamers feel the same way I do.

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts
I prefer the PS3's but thats not to say the 360's isn't great, its quite clear that a lot of RPG lovers prefer the 360 but personally I hate RPG's and thats the only area the 360 really beats the PS3 in. I just think Sony have the best first and second party devs and I like their franchises more.
Avatar image for Master-Thief-09
Master-Thief-09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#49 Master-Thief-09
Member since 2009 • 2534 Posts

360 for me. Oh did I say "for me"? I forgot this was System Wars. I meant, obviously, clearly, easilly.

Both really good though.

Also, poll needs no more than 3 options.

sasapac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sasapac
Member since 2008 • 1056 Posts

ps3 of course

360 has some great games but they can't much up with ps3 exlusives