PS3 Pulling a GameCube

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

king-kill33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 king-kill33
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts

Albeit, the xbox 360 has been out much longer than the ps3, and the ps3 has got a few games to call its own... but has anybody else noticed that the majority of its "killer" titles out at the moment or in the near future [minus gran turismo] are all either games that have been or will be on the 360/pc. Ontop of the fact its lost a few of its exclusives now too.

Whats with this, im neither a ps3 owner or lover. But come on, we can all see it has potential, developers could at least support it a little more than just "right, lets convert this game, add an extra weapon and price it up at £40"

nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts
But the GameCube started out great.
CalmityDaunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CalmityDaunt
Member since 2006 • 296 Posts
All i see is i'm jealous i don't have a PS3 so ill post another topic on SW bashing it thread.
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
lol. no. its X360 pulling a Dreamcast and Wii pulling a GameCube and PS3 pulling a PS2.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
"but has anybody else noticed that the majority of its "killer" titles out at the moment or in the near future [minus gran turismo] are all either games that have been or will be on the 360/pc." Uh, what?
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]lol. no. its X360 pulling a Dreamcast and Wii pulling a GameCube.

Wishful thinking on your part.
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nyoroism
lol. no. its X360 pulling a Dreamcast and Wii pulling a GameCube and PS3 pulling a PS2.xxThyLordxx
And the PS3 is creating something so new that the next generation will be pulling PS3's.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

But the GameCube started out great.nyoroism

what may be a little known fact is that the gc actually outsold the xbox for the first several months.

CalmityDaunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CalmityDaunt
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]lol. no. its X360 pulling a Dreamcast and Wii pulling a GameCube and PS3 pulling a PS2.nyoroism
And the PS3 is creating something so new that the next generation will be pulling PS3's.

So i was right in the other thread, it's not logic you were using, you were just typiing your reply from the back of the PS3 hating bandwagon.
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
To be honest, the system that is on the right track is the Wii. PS3 sales are picking up, but not a great rate. And X360 seems to have reached a road block and the Wii is making it clear that the X360 early launch was all for nothing.
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nyoroism
[QUOTE="nyoroism"][QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]lol. no. its X360 pulling a Dreamcast and Wii pulling a GameCube and PS3 pulling a PS2.CalmityDaunt

So i was right in the other thread, it's not logic you were using, you were just typiing your reply from the back of the PS3 hating bandwagon.

I'm just making a joke is all.
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
Not really. PS3 will sell. If it's only just because of the brand name. I've seen people getting a PS3 who don't even know what an X360 is. Where I live, people are all over it when they hear the word Playstation. Although the PS3 isn't selling good over here. It will once a price drop kicks in.
CalmityDaunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CalmityDaunt
[QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"][QUOTE="nyoroism"][QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]lol. no. its X360 pulling a Dreamcast and Wii pulling a GameCube and PS3 pulling a PS2.nyoroism

Funny how your jokes seem to always put the PS3 in a bad light :P coincidence?
king-kill33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 king-kill33
lol. no. its X360 pulling a Dreamcast and Wii pulling a GameCube and PS3 pulling a PS2.xxThyLordxx
how?? the sales figures contradict that statement in every possible area
All i see is i'm jealous i don't have a PS3 so ill post another topic on SW bashing it thread.CalmityDaunt
if i wanted one, id buy one. but at the moment there is no need, as i said, every game i like on the ps3 i can buy for my pc/360
mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mwa
Member since 2003 • 2639 Posts

[QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"][QUOTE="nyoroism"][QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]lol. no. its X360 pulling a Dreamcast and Wii pulling a GameCube and PS3 pulling a PS2.nyoroism

I'm just making a joke is all.

lol some people really do take SW waaayyyy too seriously, but yeah, we'll see where things are at the beginning of 08, then the predictions will have more validity 

nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nyoroism

[QUOTE="nyoroism"][QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"][QUOTE="nyoroism"][QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]lol. no. its X360 pulling a Dreamcast and Wii pulling a GameCube and PS3 pulling a PS2.CalmityDaunt

Funny how your jokes seem to always put the PS3 in a bad light :P coincidence?

I made a Wii one in another thread.

The TC of this thread said (about the PS3) "enjoy your one year old games"

To which I replied "And we Wii owners will enjoy our 15 year old games"

I guess one statement doesn't really prove anything, but I'm just taking advantage of the opportunities.

lordxymor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lordxymor
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

To be honest, the system that is on the right track is the Wii. PS3 sales are picking up, but not a great rate. And X360 seems to have reached a road block and the Wii is making it clear that the X360 early launch was all for nothing.Viviath

I reach that same conclusion looking at nexgenwars, vgcharts, eproductwars and NPD numbers.

Ps3 is picking up because the increase in the number of tiltes, blu-ray movies but mainly because the enourmous amount of units Sony is putting out.

The Wii, despide having the biggest increasing rate, is still being held back by the lack of avaliable units.  

king-kill33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 king-kill33
Not really. PS3 will sell. If it's only just because of the brand name. I've seen people getting a PS3 who don't even know what an X360 is. Where I live, people are all over it when they hear the word Playstation. Although the PS3 isn't selling good over here. It will once a price drop kicks in.FearlessSpirit
UH ,i didnt say it wouldnt sell
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts
GCN was never as popular as the Wii, you fail
CalmityDaunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CalmityDaunt
[QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"]All i see is i'm jealous i don't have a PS3 so ill post another topic on SW bashing it thread.taker42
And all I see is I'm jealous that I don't have any other consoles so ill keep posting "All i see is i'm jealous i don't have a PS3 so ill post another topic on SW bashing it thread." thread.

I have a 360, PS2, N64. You fail
taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 taker42
Member since 2007 • 1614 Posts
All i see is i'm jealous i don't have a PS3 so ill post another topic on SW bashing it thread.CalmityDaunt
And all I see is I'm so insecure about my console I have to delude myself that other people are actually jealous of me post.
CalmityDaunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CalmityDaunt
[QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"]All i see is i'm jealous i don't have a PS3 so ill post another topic on SW bashing it thread.taker42
And all I see is I'm so insecure about my console I have to delude myself that other people are actually jealous of me post.

Don't have a PS3, so you fail aswell.
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
To be honest, the system that is on the right track is the Wii. PS3 sales are picking up, but not a great rate. And X360 seems to have reached a road block and the Wii is making it clear that the X360 early launch was all for nothing.Viviath
Truth. The Wii is the one on the right track. I really wonder how much longer PS3 can sustain this slow rate of adoption. If it continues, I can see many devs abandoning ship and even with MGS 4 and FFXIII it might not recover.
Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts

[QUOTE="nyoroism"]But the GameCube started out great.CaseyWegner

what may be a little known fact is that the gc actually outsold the xbox for the first several months.

And then it went down^^ 

Also Cube has about 5million sales in Japan...Interesting enough the picture in Japan screams PS2 vx Cube again. And we all know how that turned out. Cube about 5million and PS2 about 20million. 

taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 taker42
[QUOTE="taker42"][QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"]All i see is i'm jealous i don't have a PS3 so ill post another topic on SW bashing it thread.CalmityDaunt
And all I see is I'm jealous that I don't have any other consoles so ill keep posting "All i see is i'm jealous i don't have a PS3 so ill post another topic on SW bashing it thread." thread.

Really? Well a lot of those cows use that excuse anyway. I deleted that one cause it doesn't make much sense.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts

[QUOTE="nyoroism"]But the GameCube started out great.CaseyWegner

Yeah, but never really outsold the PS2, Wii is outselling both the PS3 and 360
CalmityDaunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CalmityDaunt
[QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"][QUOTE="taker42"][QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"]All i see is i'm jealous i don't have a PS3 so ill post another topic on SW bashing it thread.taker42

Really? Well a lot of those cows use that excuse anyway. I deleted that one cause it doesn't make much sense.

It's not that dude, i totally plan on getting a PS3, it's just that i aswell as many other think it is too expensive at the moment, especially the way they are trying to flog it in the UK. I would have got it if HS met the launch though grrr. It's just mindless topics like "PS3, the new game cube" for the thousand time or "Mass Effect is teh downgrade". I know the forum is SW, but the same topic over and over and over again just gets kinda boring.
mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mwa

[QUOTE="taker42"][QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"]All i see is i'm jealous i don't have a PS3 so ill post another topic on SW bashing it thread.CalmityDaunt

if you don't have a PS3, why are you being a cow? are you planning on getting one in the future? it's pretty cow-ish of you to label anyone who says anything negative about the PS3 as being "jealous"

either that or you do have a PS3 and you're just trying to cover your cow tracks by saying you don't own one 

Gaming4_Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gaming4_Life
Member since 2007 • 775 Posts
That made no sense what so ever....
CalmityDaunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CalmityDaunt

[QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"][QUOTE="taker42"][QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"]All i see is i'm jealous i don't have a PS3 so ill post another topic on SW bashing it thread.mwa

if you don't have a PS3, why are you being a cow? are you planning on getting one in the future? it's pretty cow-ish of you to label anyone who says anything negative about the PS3 as being "jealous"

either that or you do have a PS3 and you're just trying to cover your cow tracks by saying you don't own one 

Yes because of the stupidity of the topic, and the fact that it's been posted a million times. TBH iv'e seen your posts so i really don't care what you think.
taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 taker42
[QUOTE="taker42"][QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"][QUOTE="taker42"][QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"]All i see is i'm jealous i don't have a PS3 so ill post another topic on SW bashing it thread.CalmityDaunt

It's not that dude, i totally plan on getting a PS3, it's just that i aswell as many other think it is too expensive at the moment, especially the way they are trying to flog it in the UK. I would have got it if HS met the launch though grrr. It's just mindless topics like "PS3, the new game cube" for the thousand time or "Mass Effect is teh downgrade". I know the forum is SW, but the same topic over and over and over again just gets kinda boring.

I hear you. SW is getting mighty boring. It's like an endless cycle. :(
mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mwa
[QUOTE="mwa"]

[QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"][QUOTE="taker42"][QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"]All i see is i'm jealous i don't have a PS3 so ill post another topic on SW bashing it thread.CalmityDaunt

Yes because of the stupidity of the topic, and the fact that it's been posted a million times. TBH iv'e seen your posts so i really don't care what you think.

so you admit you're a cow 

deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#36 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
good job for comparing a system thats over a year old to a system that is only a few months old. u should compare it to wii noob
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nyoroism
good job for comparing a system thats over a year old to a system that is only a few months old. u should compare it to wii noobdeadmeat59
But next-gen didn't start until Sony said it did.
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts
No the 360 pulling a dreamncast????!!!? What?!!? You know why the dreamcast came out so fast, is because Sega dropped the saturn because they werent making jack on it because of price and manufacturing costs. So they dumped it and rushed the dreamcast, and lost all of dev's support inlcuding one of the big ones such as EA. Then Dreamcast sold for a little bit but then straight fell apart because there were no supporters for games ex: EA. So Sega lost severily. 360 was not a rushed a system nor did MS drop the XBOX and lose all its support for it. So you can not put them in the same sentence.
king-kill33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 king-kill33
good job for comparing a system thats over a year old to a system that is only a few months old. u should compare it to wii noobdeadmeat59
ok i shall, the wii is selling millions more than the ps3. END
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]lol. no. its X360 pulling a Dreamcast and Wii pulling a GameCube.ithilgore2006
Wishful thinking on your part.

Don't think it's wishful thinking...I think he's dreaming 

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zhengi
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]lol. no. its X360 pulling a Dreamcast and Wii pulling a GameCube and PS3 pulling a PS2.xscrapzx
No the 360 pulling a dreamncast????!!!? What?!!? You know why the dreamcast came out so fast, is because Sega dropped the saturn because they werent making jack on it because of price and manufacturing costs. So they dumped it and rushed the dreamcast, and lost all of dev's support inlcuding one of the big ones such as EA. Then Dreamcast sold for a little bit but then straight fell apart because there were no supporters for games ex: EA. So Sega lost severily. 360 was not a rushed a system nor did MS drop the XBOX and lose all its support for it. So you can not put them in the same sentence.

Wow, when you talked about the Dreamcast like that, I could have sworn you were talking about the 360. MS dropped the XBox cause of price and manufacturing costs and they weren't making jack off of it. So they rushed the 360 to the market as evidenced by the shoddy hardware they put together that resulted in the red ring of death. The 360 is selling okay right now, but not as good as it can be. The only difference is the 3rd party support. DC didn't have it, but MS has quite a bit. Still, there are more comparisons between the two that I noticed after your post.
CalmityDaunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CalmityDaunt
[QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"][QUOTE="mwa"][QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"][QUOTE="mwa"]

[QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"][QUOTE="taker42"][QUOTE="CalmityDaunt"]All i see is i'm jealous i don't have a PS3 so ill post another topic on SW bashing it thread.mwa

so you admit you're a cow

No i'm a gamer, lemming. Make sure to always carry your umbrella with you. Infact over the past 2 years if iv'e played anything the most it would have to be the PC.

i have no problem admitting that i'm a lemming (and also a big PC gamer)...i'm not the one going around trying to cover up my favoritism for a system and trying to convince everyone that i'm impartial when the opposite is quite plain for everyone to see (after all, you did jump to conclusions and immediately label the ppl saying negative things about the PS3 as being jealous, simply because they have an opinion that differs from yours...sounds pretty cowish to me, and you should just own up to it)

Obviously seeing the same PS3 bashing post over and over again, would be ok to you being a lemming, after the millionth time it quite frankly gets tiresome. I'd do exactly the same if it was on another one of these "omg teh downgrade" threads. The fact that you think this kind of repetitive posting, bashing the PS3 or anything else for that matter says more about your insecurities than it ever does about mine.
firestorm91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 firestorm91
Member since 2006 • 4538 Posts

Albeit, the xbox 360 has been out much longer than the ps3, and the ps3 has got a few games to call its own... but has anybody else noticed that the majority of its "killer" titles out at the moment or in the near future [minus gran turismo] are all either games that have been or will be on the 360/pc. Ontop of the fact its lost a few of its exclusives now too.

Whats with this, im neither a ps3 owner or lover. But come on, we can all see it has potential, developers could at least support it a little more than just "right, lets convert this game, add an extra weapon and price it up at £40"

king-kill33
It's not even half a year in yet, give it a rest!
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]lol. no. its X360 pulling a Dreamcast and Wii pulling a GameCube and PS3 pulling a PS2.Zhengi

Wow, when you talked about the Dreamcast like that, I could have sworn you were talking about the 360. MS dropped the XBox cause of price and manufacturing costs and they weren't making jack off of it. So they rushed the 360 to the market as evidenced by the shoddy hardware they put together that resulted in the red ring of death. The 360 is selling okay right now, but not as good as it can be. The only difference is the 3rd party support. DC didn't have it, but MS has quite a bit. Still, there are more comparisons between the two that I noticed after your post.

Um the difference is MS did pretty good with their first console, and secondly they sold double what the dreamcast sold and they were able to get a pretty good fan base, oh and also quick question because of the saturn and dreamcast costs, marketing failures, and manufacturing costs where are they in the console market now. Um let me think non exsistent.
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Zhengi
[QUOTE="Zhengi"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]lol. no. its X360 pulling a Dreamcast and Wii pulling a GameCube and PS3 pulling a PS2.xscrapzx

Um the difference is MS did pretty good with their first console, and secondly they sold double what the dreamcast sold and they were able to get a pretty good fan base, oh and also quick question because of the saturn and dreamcast costs, marketing failures, and manufacturing costs where are they in the console market now. Um let me think non exsistent.

Double the Dreamcast? The Dreamcast sold 10.6 million consoles. That's more than what the 360 has right now. And Sega was more successful than MS has been in the console race. They fell with the Saturn and Dreamcast, but MS has not even sniffed the same air that the Genesis attained. So your conclusion about the Dreamcast does parallel the 360 more than you think. If MS is not successful once more, then they will become nonexistent in the console market next gen.
snyper1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 snyper1982
Member since 2004 • 3407 Posts
As someone who owns all three here is the order in which they are played from least to most. 1. Far and away, the x360. It has put in some serious hours. 2. The Wii. Me and my friends have a great time playing the Wii. 3. The Ps3. Mostly sits collecting dust(which stands out horribly on the black, btw). It is sad that my PS3 has spent more time Folding, than playing games. I beat resistance, played motorstorm for a few hours, same with VF5 and that is about it. Of course this is all personal preference though, so YMMV.
snyper1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 snyper1982
Member since 2004 • 3407 Posts
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]lol. no. its X360 pulling a Dreamcast and Wii pulling a GameCube and PS3 pulling a PS2.Zhengi

You can still get on xbox live with the xbox, so it seems to me, they did not drop support...
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#50 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

king-kill33

I never thought of that analogy...

The Gamecube DID have some great games, but most were first party. If not they were mulitplat in the end a la Resident Evil 4. Otherwise they involved Link, Mario or Samus Aran.

But then your analogy is holding true for the Wii again as well. That system just takes PS2, GC and Xbox games from LAST GEN and ports them up with this "amazing new control scheme" and markets them as "Godfather : Blackand Edition" or whatever they are doing with Scarface or what not. Also, lets not forget the multiple releases of stuff like "The Barnyard" or "Cars" licensed games (The Xbox isn't innocent with this either to be fair), but Nintendo is the worst offender of these types of cheap cashins.Â