PS3 and PSN only $6.67/mo ($181 cheaper than 360/XBL over 5 years)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Dan_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Dan_K
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts

That's right folks!!! When using lemming mathematics, you can see that the $400 PS3 console with FREE PSN is only $6.67 per month.

"Well, how is that, crazy dude?" you ask.

I'll tell ya.

$400 for the PS3 console. That's $400 for the ability to play all PS3 games (except those needing the PSeye), the blu-ray player, six-axis controller (rumble soon, if you're patient), media server capabilities, the ability to play PS1 games, and DVD upscaler.

PLUS, they throw in the PSN, that''s PlayStation Network to you and me. Allows you access, for free, to demos, movie trailers, themes, and backgrounds. Also allows you free access to play any PS3 title with an online multiplayer. AAAAANNNNNNND, it will also bring you HOME this year, for free.

Most will own the console for 5 years. Divide that $400 by 60 months, you get the $6.67/mo payment.

"bu bu but what about the 360?" you ask.

I'll tell ya.

$350 for the 360 console. That's $350 over 60 months totaling $5.84.

"Wow, that's cheaper than PS3/PSn isn't it?" you ask.

No, my firend, you have forgotten something major.

You forgot to add in the monthly payment for XBOX Live. You know, that little thing that allows you to get demos when they are released, the ability to play games online, you know, that thingy. That runs $3.85 over 60 months when buying the $50 subscription giving you 13 months per.

So, it's $5.84 for the 360 console and another $3.85 on top of that. Totalling $9.69.

So take the difference between the two, $3.02, and multiply by 60 months and you get a total of $182.

So, if some want to say the 360 is $350, I guess some could say the PS3 is $219 ($400 minus the $181 difference)

Buy now!!!

Coldplay07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Coldplay07
Member since 2002 • 4513 Posts
What grade are you in?
After_Math

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 After_Math
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts

(Not being serious)

I would buy a Ps3, but because of this, I won't.

HULKMANIA_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HULKMANIA_001
Member since 2003 • 251 Posts
just goes to show how flawed the logic can be in SW. seriously the 4/month XBL argument is laughable. thats like saying how could you not afford X game? its only X amount of $$ per month!
The_Dan_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The_Dan_K

So true , maybe Aaron Thomas can fly in and say it cost him a lot less and lock this thread and call it lame.

Nike_Air

:lol: Has word spread on that today?!?!? I hope so. I only PM'd a couple dudes about it when i found it.

What grade are you in?
Coldplay07

1st

Avatar image for hiphop_quotable
hiphop_quotable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hiphop_quotable
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts

i agree, the ps3 is a really great deal for it's price. I can't for june 12 when the msg4 bundle comes out, that will be an even better deal.

And for what is worth, I don't why Microsoft is charging to play games online, it should be free just to play the games, and they should charge for everything else.

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bezaire2005
Member since 2005 • 3635 Posts

Does Sony have used car salemen trying to sell their consoles now? Honestly...if the ps3 is all it's cracked up to be, than sit down shut up and let the console do the talking. If you have to try this hard and break out the math skills to try and convince people to buy a console, than there is something wrong there.

Personally, i make good money...I'd rather pay for the best service rather than settle for what's free. An this is coming only a few weeks after it's been stated that pSN might have been "compomised"?

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
So... I pay a console and suddenly it's a price for online? :x Still doesn't matter, after my card was charged for the PS3, there's no more charges going to it for the PS3's online service and the like. While as someone who buys a 360 get's their money taken tri-monthly, yearly or even monthly depending on the plan they buy... :|
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

(Not being serious)

I would buy a Ps3, but because of this, I won't.

After_Math

I guess you would not buy a Wii also because they will not let out any of their numbers

BigJerm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BigJerm1
Member since 2004 • 938 Posts
You also forgot to mention that the PS3 will save you in the long run by having a pathetic software library. What a bargain.
Bromz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Bromz
Member since 2005 • 1639 Posts
I agree with yout thread...the argument is stupid. However, as a 360 owner, I still would rather cough up and be ripped off for online gaming than having a free service where I can't even send messeges to friends playing other games. So ye, being ripped off for a good service beats getting a poor one for free, imo. (And yes I know Home, I'm talking about now.) PS. Yoshi you're actually wrong, I buy game cards that give me a code that gives me a set about of time, this means I'm not on a subscription and don't have to worry about them charging my card for something I don't need. I did the same thing for World of Warcraft.
-Jiggles-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -Jiggles-
Member since 2008 • 4356 Posts

...and once again, the Cows forget to add the Wii to the "equation".

Congratulations TC, your thread fails like all the other fanboy crap we see here daily.

towely14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 towely14
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
I like all the work you put into your post,the dan k....., but psn is nowhere near as good as live is.Neither is the community.
The_Dan_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_Dan_K

Congratulations TC, your thread fails like all the other fanboy crap we see here daily.

-Jiggles-

We're here discussing what we will feast on for Thanksgiving dinner.

Wii's over at the kids table.

Not in the same discussion because its not in the same fight.

Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Albanian_Killa
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts

-Jiggles-

For everytime someone compares the PS3 with the 360, the Wii kids (not kids as in young kids) have to come here and say "What about us?" feeling left out or something? Let the man compare what he wants. We all know the Wii is cheaper, we don't need him to point it out to use. What you get in the package is not that great. For the hardware, the Wii is overpriced.