Project Cars for WiiU is about as good as Dead.

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

@KBFloYd: DLC! LOL

You haven't had so much as an average game since February. The preceding one, Captain Toad, goes back 6 months. SIX MONTHS. And you have the gall to argue with me over the wii u having a drought! LOL!

Mario Party 10 is one, bunch of families enjoying that one. Nintendo can only develop so many games. Theyre good, but come on, they cant shat gold daily. We may have droughts, but good thing we got wells.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@KBFloYd: Again with you changing the subject. Admit it. The Wii U has had a trademark Nintendo drought.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

@KBFloYd: Again with you changing the subject. Admit it. The Wii U has had a trademark Nintendo drought.

so does the ps4..admit that

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#54 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

What are these droughts you speak of? I'm creeping up to over 50 games on Wii U now. Instead all I hear are haters talking about droughts. I'm not hurting for games on it.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@Gue1: Why do people think you can get refunds for Funded stuff?

You get the product you thought you backed you just get pissed and move on. There are no refunds for Kickstarter or Backed things.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9734 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

Wii U owners funded this thing. Now its not getting it? Well **** them too.

Those people got screwed pretty badly. Nintendo should have more power in the Wii U. Their rep as a console maker is embarrassing until they actually make a proper console. I feel bad for them.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

I'm sure the 3 fellows waiting for the Wii U version are disappointed.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LegatoSkyheart

@EducatingU_PCMR: There were more.

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 648 Posts

Looks how crappy it runs on the other consoles and you thought it would run on the Wii U? Project cars shows how shitty the 8th gen consoles are in power.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

@KBFloYd: It isn't out yet.

What was the last game you got? Was it Witcher 3, which I'm currently massively enjoying? No wait, Wii U doesn't get serious western RPGs. Was it Batman? No wait, that's out next month, not on wii u unfortunately. Perhaps it was Mortal Kombat. Or Bloodborne. Oh wait....didn't get those...

Dodging the question because you know you've had another massive drought. What was the last game you got?

LOL Splatoon being the game to "save" you. If this is on Xbox or PS4 it's a minor download only distraction for £20. If it's on PC, LOL, it goes way under the radar, lost on steam like an RPG Maker game. It's a rotting piece of bread to a starving man, and so it tastes like a steak to you.

The way nintendo is treating splatton is not minor.The game is currently matching witcher 3 in preorders from what I heard which tells me the game will easy sell decent and maybe even really well on the console. I don't think the game will be the saviour of the console, but I can easily see it end up being in at least the top 5 for best selling wiiu game. Let's keep the discussion on the WiiU version of Project Cars.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#61 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

@super600 said:
@DocSanchez said:

What was the last game you got? Was it Witcher 3, which I'm currently massively enjoying? No wait, Wii U doesn't get serious western RPGs. Was it Batman? No wait, that's out next month, not on wii u unfortunately. Perhaps it was Mortal Kombat. Or Bloodborne. Oh wait....didn't get those...

Dodging the question because you know you've had another massive drought. What was the last game you got?

LOL Splatoon being the game to "save" you. If this is on Xbox or PS4 it's a minor download only distraction for £20. If it's on PC, LOL, it goes way under the radar, lost on steam like an RPG Maker game. It's a rotting piece of bread to a starving man, and so it tastes like a steak to you.

The way nintendo is treating splatton is not minor.The game is currently matching witcher 3 in preorders from what I heard which tells me the game will easy sell decent and maybe even really well on the console. I don't think the game will be the saviour of the console, but I can easily see it end up being in at least the top 5 for best selling wiiu game. Let's keep the discussion on the WiiU version of Project Cars.

And where did you hear THAT?

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DocSanchez

@super600: You want to keep the discussion about wii u project cars but started by talking about splatoon. You can't have your cake and eat it .

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Better to just cancel the project than half answers. The WiiU can't run the game as made, and that drives up the port price. When you add in a tiny user base that rarely rewards third party IPs, it makes sense. It doesn't make sense to say "if we don't see new hardware at E3 we'll maybe kinda sorta try again...

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

Nintendo owners do not buy third party games. Even when the wii was a pop culture hit third party games still struggled.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DocSanchez

@gamevet77: This is true. I was surprised when I'd heard a third party publisher was taking the risk of a mature racer that was a Wii U exclusive. I was unsurprised when they moved on to next gen instead, and very unsurprised when the development of those versions took precedence. It's just economics. A third party game on wii u is a gigantic risk at the very least. Before we factor in the game being a sim racer.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By super600  Moderator

@nintendoboy16 said:
@super600 said:
@DocSanchez said:

At some Gamestop's it may be matching Witcher 3 preorder according to some people that went to preorder games at certain gamestop's . I don't think the game will beat Witcher 3 in sales anyway.It also seems to be doing good or great on multiple Amazon sites(UK,Japan and etc). The advertising for the game is also really decent. People noticed splatoon related advertisement in multiple stores, the game has been even advertised even in movie theatres and other places.I don't think the game will be niche anyway.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#67  Edited By Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Don't particularly care about the game. And if I wanted it I would get it on PS4/Xbox One. But, regardless, Splatoon this week!

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@gamevet77 said:

Nintendo owners do not buy third party games. Even when the wii was a pop culture hit third party games still struggled.

What about Monster Hunter, Sonic, Lego games, Skylanders, Just Dance, Rayman, Kingdom Hearts etc? Nintendo fans buy good games, not half ports, weak multiplats, or hyped games. Nintendo fans buy what they love, not what they think they might love. Nintendo fans are a little picky only because games are not cheap, some become hard to get, and also cause they have way to many choices of awesome games, that competition be real.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DocSanchez

@super600 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@super600 said:
@DocSanchez said:

At some Gamestop's it may be matching Witcher 3 preorder according to some people that went to preorder games at certain gamestop's . I don't think the game will beat Witcher 3 in sales anyway.It also seems to be doing good or great on multiple Amazon sites(UK,Japan and etc). The advertising for the game is also really decent. People noticed splatoon related advertisement in multiple stores, the game has been even advertised even in movie theatres and other places.I don't think the game will be niche anyway.

You've gone from currently matching to a load of fabrications, maybes, and absolutely no facts.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By super600  Moderator

@DocSanchez said:
@super600 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@super600 said:
@DocSanchez said:

You've gone from currently matching to a load of fabrications, maybes, and absolutely no facts.

A lot of the stuff I 'm talking about was mentioned by people on multiple forums and other sites.Some people posted images of some splatoon advertising while others ust posted whatever they saw.I always saw a few commericals related to the game recently on tv. We are getting off topic about this anyway now.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DocSanchez

@super600: You keep saying that but you're the one dragging it off topic. The first part of your post is off topic and the next is telling others not to be.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By super600  Moderator

@DocSanchez said:

@super600: You keep saying that but you're the one dragging it off topic. The first part of your post is off topic and the next is telling others not to be.

Yeah I recognized that I was getting off topic by answering your post. If you want to discuss this Imore bring it up in the splatoon thread.I'm done arguing for now.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

23 FPS is perfectly fine and totally playable. Not sure what's the problem.

>.>

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Doh! bummer...thought this might happen. :P

NUSNA_Moebius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#75 NUSNA_Moebius
Member since 2014 • 118 Posts

The weak CPU is possibly a culprit. Not enough SIMD performance to handle the number of calculations needed for a modern car sim, at least in comparison to the Xbone and PS4. I figured the Wii U version was using the same graphical assets as the cancelled PS3 and 360 versions, of which I don't see why it would have issue. Perhaps it's the memory system. The 32 MB of eDRAM is pretty large, but the main memory system may be too slow to sufficiently feed the eDRAM which I suspect is used as a texture and frame buffer.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@DocSanchez said:
@super600 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@super600 said:
@DocSanchez said:

hahahaha

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#77 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

If the machine doesn't have the power to realize the developer's vision, then that's just it. Fact of the matter is, Wii U is weak. The Wii U version of Project Cars has had more development time than all the other console versions, yet 23FPS is all the developers can squeeze out of the hardware. This isn't the first time a developer hasn't been able to get their project working on the Wii U well. Arkham Knight won't work on Wii U, among many others. I refuse to believe that these developers are lazy or unskilled. That's not a fair assumption.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

How sad really.

Didn't Criterion Games did an EXCELLENT job with Need for Speed on WiiU?

I think, correct me if I'm wrong, the game ran a solid 60fps at 720p.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@lawlessx said:
@Gue1 said:

wasn't this game funded through a kickstarter? Are they gonna refund the people that put money for the Wii U version?

no,but those who put money expecting to play the Wii-u should get something.

They are, they are getting a huge slap in the face from these devs. I'd be highly upset if I helped fund the WiiU version. They actually have a legit reason to be upset.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 LegatoSkyheart

@M8ingSeezun said:

How sad really.

Yeah, but Most Wanted wasn't supposed to be a Car Racing Sim.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#82 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@M8ingSeezun said:

How sad really.

30fps, but yeah, it ran a bit smoother than 360 and had much higher res textures, and revamped nightime lighting which looked fantastic.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 super600  Moderator

@M8ingSeezun said:

How sad really.

The reason why the game is struggling to run at 30fps and 720p on the WiiU is because of they are trying to use some of the stuff they added to xbox 1, ps4 and PC versions of the game like that tyre model for the cars(Which is seta for those versions of the game), weathering, dynamic lightning and etc. They could theoretically cut back some of this stuff a bit and get it run at 30fps easily, but I don't know if they want to do that. They may actually release the game on the console still and they will probably make that decision around E3.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#84 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

lol I'd laugh if they released footage of the Wii U version. I honestly doubt its existence.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

@super600 said:
@M8ingSeezun said:

How sad really.

The reason why the game is struggling to run at 30fps and 720p on the WiiU is because of they are trying to use some of the stuff they added to xbox 1, ps4 and PC versions of the game like that tyre model for the cars(Which is seta for those versions of the game), weathering, dynamic lightning and etc. They could theoretically cut back some of this stuff a bit and get it run at 30fps easily, but I don't know if they want to do that. They may actually release the game on the console still and they will probably make that decision around E3.

wow, thanks for the info

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#86  Edited By Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

Is anyone really suprised? Did they even show footage of the Wii-U version?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

Do you blame them?

There is very little incentive to be a third party developer and make a game for the WiiU.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By super600  Moderator

Update: Ian bell admits on the project cars forum that the tyre model is way to much for the WiiU's CPU. He also says earlier in the thread that the wiiu's cpu is quite good in his opinion and that they went a bit nuts with tyre mode and that it's there fault.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27584-Can-the-Wii-U-run-PCARS/page23&p=945008#post945008

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27584-Can-the-Wii-U-run-PCARS/page22

Interested in what they do next with that version.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

Crooks like the people at Slightly Mad are the reason why I am afraid to back things on kickstarter. This game was intended for the Wii U/PC first before the other next gen platforms even were revealed yet. They were also planing a ps3 and 360 version at the time so I know it can be done, and I also know that it wouldn't compare to the PC or next gen console version, but they should still release the game.

Whenever people asked about the wii U version they said it was going well. Going well my ass! Those guys probably just started on the Wii U version just after the Ps4 and XB1 versions shipped.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By super600  Moderator

@Ghost120x said:

Crooks like the people at Slightly Mad are the reason why I am afraid to back things on kickstarter. This game was intended for the Wii U/PC first before the other next gen platforms even were revealed yet. They were also planing a ps3 and 360 version at the time so I know it can be done, and I also know that it wouldn't compare to the PC or next gen console version, but they should still release the game.

Whenever people asked about the wii U version they said it was going well. Going well my ass! Those guys probably just started on the Wii U version just after the Ps4 and XB1 versions shipped.

They started on the WiiU version way before the other versions of the game existed. They ran into issues with the WiiU version because they went overboard with their tyre model.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#91 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Wii U owners help kickstart the game, and now your going back on them basically saying sorry.

I really couldn't less if the game is even released, let alone for the Wii U. I know I would be upset if I helped support this thing for them.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#92 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@super600 said:

Update: Ian bell admits on the project cars forum that the tyre model is way to much for the WiiU's CPU. He also says earlier in the thread that the wiiu's cpu is quite good in his opinion and that they went a bit nuts with tyre mode and that it's there fault.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27584-Can-the-Wii-U-run-PCARS/page23&p=945008#post945008

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27584-Can-the-Wii-U-run-PCARS/page22

Interested in what they do next with that version.

That damage control.

Fuckin' hell nintendo... NX better have a good CPU, better than the shit in Ps4 as well.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#93  Edited By GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Do you blame them?

There is very little incentive to be a third party developer and make a game for the WiiU.

I sort of agree with you on this one, but the dev is being totally deceiving by claiming this has anything to do with hardware. Project Cars could easily be put on the WiiU. This is a racing sim we're talking about. The ps3/360 era sims were very good looking with lots of content.

They don't want to make a WiiU port because the WiiU has a small install base. They knew the WiiU's specs and capabilities from the start, and the game was even a WiiU title way before they considered putting it on the ps4 or xbone. Of course it was going to have to be a custom version and not a straight port.

Also, I got to love how they think that transferring it over to the NX project somehow absolves them of their promises to Nintendo fans. Of course this is just more patronizing BS. They know that the NX is not coming any time soon. They are trying to deflect blame for this onto Nintendo. They want Nintendo's e3 to be the announcement or non-announcement that decides the fate of this game.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By super600  Moderator

@GunSmith1_basic said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Do you blame them?

I sort of agree with you on this one, but the dev is being totally deceiving by claiming this has anything to do with hardware. Project Cars could easily be put on the WiiU. This is a racing sim we're talking about. The ps3/360 era sims were very good looking with lots of content.

They don't want to make a WiiU port because the WiiU has a small install base. They knew the WiiU's specs and capabilities from the start, and the game was even a WiiU title way before they considered putting it on the ps4 or xbone. Of course it was going to have to be a custom version and not a straight port.

Also, I got to love how they think that transferring it over to the NX project somehow absolves them of their promises to Nintendo fans. Of course this is just more patronizing BS. They know that the NX is not coming any time soon. They are trying to deflect blame for this onto Nintendo. They want Nintendo's e3 to be the announcement or non-announcement that decides the fate of this game.

They are using a tyre model that is way to demanding for the WiiU's cpu(It actually takes up all of the WiiU's available cores which is two). They could technically use an older tyre model and downgrade a few things to get the game running on the WiiU,but I don't know if they will do that.They haven't decided what they will do yet anyway.If they do go back to working on the WiiU version of the game they will definitely get rid of that tyre model from what I hae been reading in that thread on the project cars forum and downgrade it to one that can better run on the WiiU's cpu.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Honestly I'm not so sure Project Cars would have sold well on the WiiU, don't see the install base being highly interested in picking up a racing simulator..