Problems i had with PS3 that led to trade for 360 Elite

• 147 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PS3nut
Member since 2007 • 515 Posts

First, of all i don't like the mandatory game installs by most games like Bioshock, MGS-4, Grand Theft Auto 4, Devil May Cry 4 and many more, i mean were talking no less than 4gb per game installed on the hard drive and i had the 160gb PS3 and it had 92gb after these games were installed, then there was my DLC that took up another few gigs. On the 360 it's an optional choice whether you want to install a game or not on the hard drive.

Secondly, the 360 gets all the best DLC, i mean c'mon' Grand Theft - Lost and the Damned, Fallout 3 - The Pitt, Oblivion has like 8 DLC items not available on PS3.

Third, Games like Fallout 3, Oblivion, and Tiger Woods look and run so much better on 360 and i don't know why.

Fourth, updates and downloads are always a slow two part process on PS3 - download and install, download and install

Lastly i never used the perks that Sony charges $100.00 more for, which was the Wi-Fi connection, my consoles are hard wired, and with my massive DVD collection i never bought or used the Blu-Ray for movies.

As for the RROD that i may or may not get, well i have a 3 year RROD warranty and a regular 1 year warranty for any other issues from Microsoft.

So i'm happy, i have my 360 Elite, 15 games, a renewed Gold Live account, and allloootttttt of DLC to enjoy.

P.S.

Besides i've owned the 360 before and i have alot of money invested in downloadable games and content, for games such as Gears 1 & 2, Oblivion, CoD 4 & WaW, Halo 3, not to mention i bought like 12 Xbox Live arcade games, downloaded 2 original Xbox games, and i have every intention of getting the extra content for Grand Theft and Fallout 3.

So there is much more invested here than on PS3 and i just can't stand to lose it.

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts
Deja vu?
Ze_ALEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ze_ALEX
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

nice man, i like both consoles

although tbh my live ran out so my ps3 has been getting more love recently

piercetruth34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 piercetruth34
Member since 2008 • 1393 Posts

So you are justifying your trade in now? I sold my 360 and got a ps3 and haven't looked back dude. You made a booboo. But to each their own... The 360 is a good console and you'll enjoy it but I tend to think you are just thinking the grass is greener and enjoying the perks i guess of hte 360. I personally think the ps3 is better though after having both.

did you ever turn rgb full and super white on on your ps3? Games dont run better on the 360 man.... The ps3 is the nicer console. Yes microsoft are bastards and make you pay to have downloadable content and online.

ganon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ganon546
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts

I would have just saved up some money and bought a 360 but hey it's your call.

ThugKing6669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ThugKing6669
Member since 2008 • 725 Posts

The only PS3 game I've played so far that had the mandatory installs was MGS4, it didn't bother me too much, what did bother me was the game nagging me to take a break and to not smoke and put my cigarettes in a ash tray. I wanted to punch the game in the face for that. But other than that, the installs aren't really a problem, they didn't detract from the game as much as the long cutscenes did for me. I would say just buy both the 360 and PS3 to get the best of both worlds, but that's not always an option for everyone.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#7 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Oh the irony in your name, might want to change it
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

[QUOTE="ganon546"]

Achaean728

^ This

This aswell. Wow

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#10 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

if you had such a problem with installs due to space why didnt you just upgrade the HDD? its cheap as to do.

piercetruth34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 piercetruth34

What's funny is this guy is going to trade back to the ps3. i can feel it coming.

Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts

What's funny is this guy is going to trade back to the ps3. i can feel it coming.

piercetruth34
I called it in another thread :P
piercetruth34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 piercetruth34

I think you just got antsy waiting for new games and started thinking the grass is greener when you had the better console going forward man.

mgsfan1189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mgsfan1189
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts

well theres one born every day, hey if you ever wanna trade your 360 ill buy it for $20 :)

tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tirralirra
Member since 2009 • 2261 Posts

First, of all i don't like the mandatory game installs by most games like Bioshock, MGS-4, Grand Theft Auto 4, Devil May Cry 4 and many more, i mean were talking no less than 4gb per game installed on the hard drive and i had the 160gb PS3 and it had 92gb after these games were installed, then there was my DLC that took up another few gigs.On the 360 it's an optional choice whether you want to install a game or not on the hard drive.

Problem is fixed, well not even fixed, but upgraded with any laptop HDD fitting into PS3. You can probably get a 1TB HDD for just under £100.

Secondly, the 360 gets all the best DLC, i mean c'mon' Grand Theft - Lost and the Damned, Fallout 3 - The Pitt, Oblivion has like 8 DLC items not available on PS3.

This might be going back and forth with the NG2 exlusive thing.

Third, Games like Fallout 3, Oblivion, and Tiger Woods look and run so much better on 360 and i don't know why.

Fourth, updates and downloads are always a slow two part process on PS3 - download and install, download and install

Lastly i never used the perks that Sony charges $100.00 more for, which was the Wi-Fi connection, my consoles are hard wired, and with my massive DVD collection i never bought or used the Blu-Ray for movies.

Yeah, fair enough, I probably wouldn't have a PS3 if I never used any of them extra hardware features.

As for the RROD that i may or may not get, well i have a 3 year RROD warranty and a regular 1 year warranty for any other issues from Microsoft.

So i'm happy, i have my 360 Elite, 15 games, a renewed Gold Live account, and allloootttttt of DLC to enjoy.

PS3nut

Mr_Apple_Soup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mr_Apple_Soup
Member since 2006 • 3580 Posts

fifteen games? why would you do that?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#17 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

ganon546
I'm trying to do that with the PS3, it's hard, but I shouldn't trade in another console for it, not even my Wii.
piercetruth34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 piercetruth34

reason i know this is because i had a 360 for 3 years i was always thinking hte grass was greener. Traded my 360 for a ps3 2 weeks ago. I started feeling i madea mistake. STopped myself and stuck with the ps3 and i made the right decision. This stuff will teach you patience and self control. had i traded my ps3 for a 360 i would have felt like an idiot right now and this is coming from someone who owned a 360 for 3 years.. The ps3 is a fantastic system man and anyone who doesn't know this is missing out and has never really owned one and given it a chance and been patient with it.

tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tirralirra
Member since 2009 • 2261 Posts

reason i know this is because i had a 360 for 3 years i was always thinking hte grass was greener. Traded my 360 for a ps3 2 weeks ago. I started feeling i madea mistake. STopped myself and stuck with the ps3 and i made the right decision. This stuff will teach you patience and self control. had i traded my ps3 for a 360 i would have felt like an idiot right now and this is coming from someone who owned a 360 for 3 years.. The ps3 is a fantastic system man and anyone who doesn't know this is missing out and has never really owned one and given it a chance and been patient with it.

piercetruth34
tis true
piercetruth34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 piercetruth34

I absolutely di the right thing. I owned the 360 during its best 3 years. I saved ymself some money and got a ps3 and when its at its best as well. it's a win, win for me. I got to own both consoles at their best and didnt spend for both of them completely. It's like the stock market man. I sold at the right time and bought at the right time. You did the opposite. It's weird when you do the right thing and you know it in your gut and I know it. I dont think you do man.

12345678ew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 12345678ew
Member since 2008 • 2353 Posts

First, of all i don't like the mandatory game installs by most games like Bioshock, MGS-4, Grand Theft Auto 4, Devil May Cry 4 and many more, i mean were talking no less than 4gb per game installed on the hard drive and i had the 160gb PS3 and it had 92gb after these games were installed, then there was my DLC that took up another few gigs.On the 360 it's an optional choice whether you want to install a game or not on the hard drive.

PS3nut
so many holes in that argument, but you have 490 posts, so i assume your real. first off the updates thing, you have to watch it download on a 360, ps3 you can do it in the background, and an install has never taken me over 5 minutes. those games are better because they were ported to ps3, and should have been designed on it. your problem with installing stuff is just that all you play is story games and a wretched port. i have yet to see a purely shooter or purely racing game that requires install. the only one that did was mercenaries 2, and that's because the devs were idiots and it was a port. btw, going "they're wasting my memory" is pointless if it's only just over half full. your a true cow, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, only difference is you stared at the fence to long, everybody else went "whatever, downloads done, time to play farcry"
PS3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PS3nut

so many holes in that argument, but you have 490 posts, so i assume your real. first off the updates thing, you have to watch it download on a 360, ps3 you can do it in the background, and an install has never taken me over 5 minutes. those games are better because they were ported to ps3, and should have been designed on it. your problem with installing stuff is just that all you play is story games and a wretched port. i have yet to see a purely shooter or purely racing game that requires install. the only one that did was mercenaries 2, and that's because the devs were idiots and it was a port. btw, going "they're wasting my memory" is pointless if it's only just over half full. your a true cow, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, only difference is you stared at the fence to long, everybody else went "whatever, downloads done, time to play farcry"

Where the heck were you PS3 lovers back when i had mine and was bashing the 360 with various posts, because then i was bombarded my 360 fanboys all quoting sales and exclusives numbers to me and saying how great Live is compared to PSN, and the PS3 fan support i was looking for was no where to be found, but now you all wake up and attack me for switching. Your not telling me anything i don't know, yes the PS3 has more Reliable and Superior hardware, yes Online is free, and yes it has great Exclusives, but thats it. The main gripes i listed far out weigh the perks of the PS3 in my opinion anyway.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
why do people feel the need to trade in a system to get another one? why not try and get both :?
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17458 Posts

so many holes in that argument, but you have 490 posts, so i assume your real. first off the updates thing, you have to watch it download on a 360, ps3 you can do it in the background, and an install has never taken me over 5 minutes. those games are better because they were ported to ps3, and should have been designed on it. your problem with installing stuff is just that all you play is story games and a wretched port. i have yet to see a purely shooter or purely racing game that requires install. the only one that did was mercenaries 2, and that's because the devs were idiots and it was a port. btw, going "they're wasting my memory" is pointless if it's only just over half full. your a true cow, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, only difference is you stared at the fence to long, everybody else went "whatever, downloads done, time to play farcry" PS3nut

Where the heck were you PS3 lovers back when i had mine and was bashing the 360 with various posts, because then i was bombarded my 360 fanboys all quoting sales and exclusives numbers to me and saying how great Live is compared to PSN, and the PS3 fan support i was looking for was no where to be found, but now you all wake up and attack me for switching. Your not telling me anything i don't know, yes the PS3 has more Reliable and Superior hardware, yes Online is free, and yes it has great Exclusives, but thats it. The main gripes i listed far out weigh the perks of the PS3 in my opinion anyway.

Are you sick?? Because the last week or so, you havent been your -360 hating-self :P im kidding, but i pretty much feel the same way about my PS3 as you did about yours, i just kept mine for the bluray lol.........and Uncharted 2, but thats about it.

PS3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PS3nut
why do people feel the need to trade in a system to get another one? why not try and get both :?lawlessx
I'm 40 years old supporting a family of a wife and 2 kids with one income, lets see you try to build a game library for more than one console during a recession especially with all that. I'm not some teenager or even a guy in my 20's still living with my parents and working a part or full time job with nothing to spend my money on but games and girls.
piercetruth34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 piercetruth34

PS3nut

Maybe you are looking in the wrong place dude. The thing is the ps3 is just starting to take off. The 360 fanboys are just gettting jealous is all. I'm 35 man. I follow this stuff and research it and form my own opinion an dlisten to a lot of different people. I agree this forum is annoying because people are fanboys and it's not a great place to ask unless you research it to death like i did and ask about 500 different times like i did. I'm with you with the whole money thing. That's why i researched it to death. I tried to ask things on this forum in weird ways that peopel didnt get lol, but it was me trying to determine a purchase and trying to take the fanboy portion out of the equation. The thing is a lot of people own the 360 so they are going to tell you its better when i dont think it is.

PS3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PS3nut

So you are justifying your trade in now? I sold my 360 and got a ps3 and haven't looked back dude. You made a booboo. But to each their own... The 360 is a good console and you'll enjoy it but I tend to think you are just thinking the grass is greener and enjoying the perks i guess of hte 360. I personally think the ps3 is better though after having both.

did you ever turn rgb full and super white on on your ps3? Games dont run better on the 360 man.... The ps3 is the nicer console. Yes microsoft are bastards and make you pay to have downloadable content and online.

piercetruth34
Yes Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Tiger Woods 09 all play smoother and better on 360, i know because i had each game on both consoles, so i can confirm it, and besides even this very site along with IGN.com rated the 360 version of Fallout 3 higher than the PS3 version because of all the glitches and freeze ups. Check for yourself if you don't believe me.
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts

You should have kept your PS3, but I guess there is no turning back no. More power to you, I hope.

Mr_Apple_Soup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mr_Apple_Soup

[QUOTE="piercetruth34"]

PS3nut

Yes Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Tiger Woods 09 all play smoother and better on 360, i know because i had each game on both consoles, so i can confirm it, and besides even this very site along with IGN.com rated the 360 version of Fallout 3 higher than the PS3 version because of all the glitches and freeze ups. Check for yourself if you don't believe me.

i've played fallout on both consoles too, and the differences aren't really anything to lay eggs over (thats not even an expression :x )

the DLC is a different story...but gameplay differences in these multiplats are SOOOO minimal

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Is this still System Wars or is it Blog Wars now?

navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts

i really don't understand the I don't use a 100 dollars worth of features so I'm gonna go and lose more than a hundred dollars in the process to get this new console, when you easily could have saved up and bought it and enjoyed both, but whatever floats your boat ...

What also boggles my mind is how you go from 'Sony will eventually win this gen'(paraphrase from April 8th) to full blown PS3 to 360 conversion (by April 13th)

But this isn't twitter or facebook ... i don't need a bloody play by play of your life

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
why didnt you save for a 360
piercetruth34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 piercetruth34

[QUOTE="piercetruth34"]

PS3nut

the 360 is a great system man. There is no reason to think you did some horrible wrong here. you really can't lose either way this gen. i say stick with the 360 for a while get your moneys worth until you wear it out. if you've played more of the ps3 stuff it will probably be more fun for you.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50662 Posts

First, of all i don't like the mandatory game installs by most games like Bioshock, MGS-4, Grand Theft Auto 4, Devil May Cry 4 and many more, i mean were talking no less than 4gb per game installed on the hard drive and i had the 160gb PS3 and it had 92gb after these games were installed, then there was my DLC that took up another few gigs. On the 360 it's an optional choice whether you want to install a game or not on the hard drive.

PS3nut
If you traded it in how do you already have a renewed live account?
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Darth_Stalin

Anyway, i hope you enjoy your 360. I have both a 360 and PS3, I prefer my 360 easily because I buy ALL multi-plats for 360, and I love the netflix feature. My PS3 is only for Blu-Ray, PS2 games, and the PS3 exclusives.

Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Darth_Stalin
why didnt you save for a 360NSR34GTR
I believe he already answered that question.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 navyguy21
[QUOTE="Chutebox"] If you traded it in how do you already have a renewed live account?

Maybe he had an Original Xbox, and had LIVE Gold, Its easier to just transfer your xbox account over to 360
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

PS3nut

Dude, I was telling you this a year ago. Manditory installs are lame, PSN is a toddler, most multiplats are an afterthought to the devs since most (or all?) multiplats sell less on PS3, J-rpg selection is virtually nonexistent, lousy shooter lineup in comparason, lousy racing lineup in comparason, lousy arcade lineup in comparason, I mean yeah there have been a few brightspots for the PS3 but those are few and far between.

I've held on to my 60 gig and still use it for movies and digital vid and still storage and the like but for real the thing barely justifies its existence.

I'm sure many others are perfectly happy with the PS3 and in many ways so am I but going up against each other as pure gaming machines it's really no contest.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#39 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Bigboi500
More like "System Blog Wars", LOL.
PS3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PS3nut

i really don't understand the I don't use a 100 dollars worth of features so I'm gonna go and lose more than a hundred dollars in the process to get this new console, when you easily could have saved up and bought it and enjoyed both, but whatever floats your boat ...

What also boggles my mind is how you go from 'Sony will eventually win this gen'(paraphrase from April 8th) to full blown PS3 to 360 conversion (by April 13th)

But this isn't twitter or facebook ... i don't need a bloody play by play of your life

navstar29
Hey i'm not coming in here and bashing the PS3, i love the PS3 but there are certain things listed in the post that i don't like, and the bottom line is. i just have more invested in the 360, i'll explain in my original thread after i edit it.
Mr_Apple_Soup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mr_Apple_Soup

[QUOTE="PS3nut"]

Riverwolf007

Dude, I was telling you this a year ago. Manditory installs are lame, PSN is a toddler, most multiplats are an afterthought to the devs since most (or all?) multiplats sell less on PS3, J-rpg selection is virtually nonexistent, lousy shooter lineup in comparason, lousy racing lineup in comparason, lousy arcade lineup in comparason, I mean yeah there have been a few brightspots for the PS3 but those are few and far between.

I've held on to my 60 gig and still use it for movies and digital vid and still storage and the like but for real the thing barely justifies its existence.

I'm sure many others are perfectly happy with the PS3 and in many ways so am I but going up against each other as pure gaming machines it's really no contest.

:o your opinion...it burns!

i'll give you JRPG's, maybe even downloadable games, but everything else i bolded made me :lol:

piercetruth34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 piercetruth34

[QUOTE="navstar29"]

PS3nut

Hey i'm not coming in here and bashing the PS3, i love the PS3 but there are certain things listed in the post that i don't like, and the bottom line is. i just have more invested in the 360, i'll explain in my original thread after i edit it.

Thing is you will find things you don't like a bout the 360 after a few years as well. me personally i would have just stuck with the ps3 but if you needed something new and it was an even swap why not. I personally would much rather support the ps3. I know why but I'm not goign to get into that saga here.

PS3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PS3nut
Please look at my original post on page 1 and read my P.S. which better explains my switch even more.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
To each there own, because I got rid of my 360 because I had 3 RROD's in less than 2 years and traded my 4th for a 60 gig PS3 and could not be happier with my decision.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr_Apple_Soup"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]Dude, I was telling you this a year ago. Manditory installs are lame, PSN is a toddler, most multiplats are an afterthought to the devs since most (or all?) multiplats sell less on PS3, J-rpg selection is virtually nonexistent, lousy shooter lineup in comparason, lousy racing lineup in comparason, lousy arcade lineup in comparason, I mean yeah there have been a few brightspots for the PS3 but those are few and far between.

Riverwolf007

:o your opinion...it burns!

i'll give you JRPG's, maybe even downloadable games, but everything else i bolded made me :lol:

Another guy that will be trading up to a 360 after the last of his delusions get shattered.

I use my PS3 more than my 360 currently... Whoo!

*Runs away*

DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts

ganon546
Yup. Never a wise choice selling a console. To each their own, I suppose. I enjoy my PS3 the seldom times I use it for gaming, same with my Wii. Yet, my 360 remains the most used by a rather large margin.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 navyguy21
Please look at my original post on page 1 and read my P.S. which better explains my switch even more.PS3nut
lol, i hate for you to find out like this, but now you see how most PS3 fanboys are lol, they refuse to listen to your reasoning, no matter how much sense it makes :P, i hope you can deal with it, because it only gets worse :lol:
MrSlippery39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 MrSlippery39
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts

Bigboi500

System Wars has been pretty slow for the past month. Nothing big to talk about.