[poll] why do you hate a rival console?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

plourdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 plourdo
Member since 2005 • 222 Posts
I really don't understand fanboys with there systems so i would like to know why you hate rival consoles.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
It's driving the industry backward with a price like that.
Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Stonin
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

I really don't understand fanboys with there systems so i would like to know why you hate rival consoles.plourdo

Why support one football team when you can support them all and enjoy all matches equally?

The analogy isn't watertight but it does show that factions appear where there is competition. The games companies compete with each other to earn money and their goal is to push the others out of the market. Fans of one company do not like to see another company dethrone their favourite.

marinebro0306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 marinebro0306
Member since 2005 • 1098 Posts

I really don't understand fanboys with there systems so i would like to know why you hate rival consoles.plourdo

Your poll options are EXTREMlEY limited. How about the fact that it's user base is not the smartest? Or that it is simply inferior? Etc...

Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Caviglia
Member since 2006 • 1344 Posts
I find it hard to hate circuitboards encased in plastic, perhaps if in a freak accident one malfunctioned and burned my house down I would have a reason to hate.
AsJagpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AsJagpal
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Its not always people hating another consoles but some people tend to try and persuade others into buying the console they have simply because they believe there right. And when trying to persuade, they seem hateful towards the other console but may not be? It has not happened to me before as i dint see the point in persuading someone into buying the other console if they are happy with what they have got, but people i know tend to do it A LOT lol.
Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#7 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts
the only console I hate is the 360, I like the games but Im not risking it break on me. Its madness that a console would break that much, at first I thought it was happening to people that didnt take care of their console, but then MS says there is a design flaw(crazy). Then my friends 360 broke and he took great care of it. Which was the final reason I didnt buy a 360.
Xerlaoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xerlaoth
Member since 2005 • 1059 Posts
You left out too many good reasons. I don't hate xbox 360. I hate PS3 because Sony is so full of it.
TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#9 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts
I only hate a console if I own it and decide that I dislike it. Saying you hate a console you haven't owned is like saying oranges taste horrible without even trying them. It's childish.
Xerlaoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Xerlaoth
Member since 2005 • 1059 Posts

I only hate a console if I own it and decide that I dislike it. Saying you hate a console you haven't owned is like saying oranges taste horrible without even trying them. It's childish.TheLordHimself

It's not childish, it's being a smart consumer.

Scorch799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Scorch799
Member since 2006 • 177 Posts
I don't hate other consoles. I own both a 360 and PS3 and love them both, and I've played a Wii and found it to be fun too. I only hate it when idiots brag about one of the consoles and provide false and/or stupid information to make other console owners feel bad.
cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 cyprus646
Member since 2004 • 4070 Posts
I dont like sony consoles because of the quality issued my brother had with the ps2 and ps1 the games dont appeal to me and the cows here on SW really maginify my dislike for the Sony brand.
hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
the PS3 killed my mom and raped my dad
Overthrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Overthrow
Member since 2004 • 7025 Posts

Because Microsoft releases a watered down PC, slaps on a "cool" label and a fancy marketing campaign, then releases a bunch of PC multiplats and timed exclusives to breach into the console market and get a bunch of suckers to buy their low profile, heavily pirated games.

I learned this the hard way with the first Xbox. Ninja Gaiden was the only worthwhile exclusive I ever bought for it.

cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 cyprus646
Member since 2004 • 4070 Posts
the PS3 killed my mom and raped my dadhamstergeddon
:o!!!!!!!
Avatar image for ProductNumber49
ProductNumber49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 ProductNumber49
Member since 2006 • 3840 Posts
Because its entertaining.:|
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
I don't hate pieces of electronic hardware. I just like making fanboys squirm.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
I don't hate any console.
rtehrani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 rtehrani
Member since 2003 • 1485 Posts
i grew up a sega kid, my best friend down the street always had the new nintendo console and i always had the new sega console. so we got the best of both worlds. and when the dc came out, it just blew me away, such a great console. then sony killed it with their hype. and i have forever hated sony since. and everytime i read a press release from them talking some bs, they are sooooo arrogant its not even funny. ive stuck with nintendo(i have an nes, n64, gc and i will get a wii), although im more into xbox, they just have more games that appeal to me. also ms is prolly the only company that can run sony straight out of town. although its been nintendo as of late doing that. either way....i dont care, i hate sony and the people that do press for them. if nintendo and sega were still duking it out wed be light years ahead of where we are now in gaming. they really were the ali-frazier of videogaming. really brought out the best in each other.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
I don't hate any console, as a matter of fact I'll own all 3 bytommorow.
johnusabeis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 johnusabeis
Member since 2004 • 2369 Posts
even though i own a ps3 im not a huge fan of sony cause of their arrogance.
taidhg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 taidhg
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts
I don't hate the consoles I hate the companies that make them. For example I don't like Sony because they are arrogant and because they have had many problems before (exploding laptop batteries, PS2 problems etc) but I like the PS3 (don't personally own one yet but I will when it reaches $400-$450).
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

I dont hate the ps3 but I do hate sony mainly because they failed me at a time when I was just getting back into gaming whereas M$ helped me re-enter the gaming world and for that I am thankful.

p.s. There were no choices in this poll that I could vote on.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

I don't hate hardware. I might dislike its fanboy following or the inept companies deciding how to market and price the console.

Which is of course in reference to the PS3. I want one, I just can't afford one quite yet.

Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

I don't hate consoles. I actually plan on having them all by the end of the generation.

I don't hate the fanboys, either. They're a comedy goldmine.

azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts

I don't hate the consoles I hate the companies that make them. For example I don't like Sony because they are arrogant and because they have had many problems before (exploding laptop batteries, PS2 problems etc) but I like the PS3 (don't personally own one yet but I will when it reaches $400-$450).taidhg

Is Sony arrogant?! Reggie says crap about other consoles all the time and Sony is arrogant?! And the PS2 problem, was it the red ring of death? Oh wait.... If you call 100 million units sold a problem then I think they're fine having problems.

I think that the Wii is overpriced and overrated. It's a GC with a new controller. Production shouldn't be more than 100 bucks and they're charging 250 dollars for it. Sony's like losing 200 dollars on every unit sold just to keep customers happy

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts
to make other people feel bad :)
Heri012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Heri012
Member since 2006 • 338 Posts
My 360 dead so to release my anger I throw my controller and hit my cat. My cat died because of internal bleeding in it`s head :cry:. That`s why I decide to hate 360 forever ( along with Bill Gate, Shane Kim and 360 fanboys ).
anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts
My 360 dead so to release my anger I throw my controller and hit my cat. My cat died because of internal bleeding in it`s head :cry:. That`s why I decide to hate 360 forever ( along with Bill Gate, Shane Kim and 360 fanboys ).Heri012

:o :shock:
Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts

I hate Sony, but I've decided that I love the PS3.

The PS3 is all of Sony's mistakes immortalized in one big pile of $600 mistake. How can I hate it, when it's given me so much material?

WeeWeeJumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 WeeWeeJumbo
Member since 2005 • 5380 Posts

My 360 dead so to release my anger I throw my controller and hit my cat. My cat died because of internal bleeding in it`s head :cry:. That`s why I decide to hate 360 forever ( along with Bill Gate, Shane Kim and 360 fanboys ).Heri012

Oh my God?

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
I can't say I hate any console, but I don't like the Wii because it is way way way way way way (did I mention "way") to underpowered for my taste. So underpowered in fact, that I refuse to call it next gen. Beside changing the look of the system and the controller, they didn't do much to change it from the GC. And I don't like the 360 because I don't like broken systems and thats exactly what the 360 is......a broken system. And before somebody scream cow fanboy, cow fanboy. Save it, if i was going to claim anything (I think the whole lemmings, sheep, cow, hermits labeling thing is pretty stupid, juvenile, and immature in the first place), it would have to be I am a hermit.
aG3Nt805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 aG3Nt805
Member since 2004 • 142 Posts
The only time i really hate on a console is when a series that I enjoy is released multiplat and the game is dumb downed due to the consoles limitations i.e. . Dues Ex, Thief, Ghost Recon.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

[QUOTE="Heri012"]My 360 dead so to release my anger I throw my controller and hit my cat. My cat died because of internal bleeding in it`s head :cry:. That`s why I decide to hate 360 forever ( along with Bill Gate, Shane Kim and 360 fanboys ).WeeWeeJumbo

Oh my God?

Yeah, seriously, if he'd done some research he'd be aware that Bill Gates has almost nothing to do with the Xbox 360, and that Steve Ballmer is the current CEO of Microsoft. Way to hate a retired guy who does the occasional press conference, and spends the rest of his time running a charity with his wife.
darkshadow64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darkshadow64
Member since 2004 • 6744 Posts

I dont HATE any of the of the other consoles anymore. I used to be anti-sony. It was just that rivalry between fanboys. Being part of a group who dislike this group and get along better with that group. That competition just felt good.

But I've learnt now that you cant really get through this gen with only one console. You'd be missing out on too much.

Elviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Elviathan
Member since 2006 • 5052 Posts
I don't really hate other consoles. The more consoles there are, there's more competition for companies to make great games on each individual hardware.
Avatar image for GearsOfWarLover
GearsOfWarLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 GearsOfWarLover
Member since 2006 • 637 Posts

the PS3 killed my mom and raped my dadhamstergeddon

thought i saw that on the news....

tHeFuTuReHeAd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tHeFuTuReHeAd
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts
i dont hate other consoles, theyve all got good points and bad points, and people should buy whichever they want. but if some fanboy is attacking the ps3 (im a sony fan btw), im more than happy to defend it, and have a digg at their console of choise. but im a lot happier to discuss consoles with people who can admit the strengths of their "rival" consoles, aswell as the weaknesses of their chosen console, proper gamers as i like to call them. to put it briefly, its not the console i hate, its the fanboys. damn you fanboys, damn you!