Poll: Which system will have the most RPGs by 2008?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zazoo4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 zazoo4455
Member since 2006 • 458 Posts
PuddleMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PuddleMonkey
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts
Hopefully all of them will keep the RPGs to a minimum.
zazoo4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zazoo4455
Hopefully all of them will keep the RPGs to a minimum.PuddleMonkey

Why should they keep RPGs to a minimum?  RPGs are the best games.
Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Strakha
Member since 2003 • 1824 Posts
The 360 or the Wii but probably the 360. If the Wii continues to do really well in Japan I expect it to get a lot of RPGs. Whether they will be out by 2008 I don't know because they haven't even been announced yet. The 360 already has lots of RPGs announced, so it's probably the best bet.
morris44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 morris44
Member since 2006 • 254 Posts
The 360 is big in RPGS.
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
The 360 is big in RPGS.morris44
360 = little JPN support alot of US support. JPN support = RPGs PS3 = JPN support PS3 = most RPGs or it could also be nintendo, but definitaley NOT 360.
DarkMetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DarkMetroid
Member since 2005 • 74 Posts
2008?

I doubt it will be the PS3.... too few buyers now, so some developers will leave. Less games, then less buyers. Vicious circle.
The Wii has quite a few lined up, like Crystal Chronicals and Dragon Quest.
Perhaps the 360... I don't know.

Actually, the DS may outnumber them all.
zazoo4455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zazoo4455
I think the 360 will have the most RPGs by 2008.
eastside49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 eastside49er
Member since 2002 • 19559 Posts

• Oblivion (Multiplat)
  • Cry On (Exclusive/Japanese)
  • Trusty Bell (Exclusive/Japanese)
  • Blue Dragon (Exclusive/Japanese)
  • Mass Effect (Exclusive)
  • Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Multiplat)
  • Fable 2 (Exclusive)
  • Enchanted Arms (Multiplat/Japanese)
  • Phantasy Star Universe (Multiplat/Japanese)
  • Lost Odyssey (Exclusive/Japanese)
  • Two Worlds (Console Exclusive)
  • Kingdom of Fire: Circle of Doom (Console Exclusive)
  • New IP from SE which is an RPG (Exclusive/Japanese)

There are a lot more and I'm sure more and more will be announced next year. Oh and so much for that lack of Japanese support.

Red_Baron5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Red_Baron5
Member since 2006 • 1522 Posts
ps3 will have more RPGs by the end of its life cycle but not by 2008. Thats only one year and the RPGs in development for the ps3 wont be done by then.
Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

ps3 will have more RPGs by the end of its life cycle but not by 2008. Thats only one year and the RPGs in development for the ps3 wont be done by then.Red_Baron5

This is where your post fails, I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying you have absolutely no substance to support your claim other than the ignorant misconception that all aspects of a predecessor's product is carried onto the successor.

Red_Baron5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Red_Baron5
Member since 2006 • 1522 Posts

[QUOTE="Red_Baron5"]ps3 will have more RPGs by the end of its life cycle but not by 2008. Thats only one year and the RPGs in development for the ps3 wont be done by then.Blue-Sky

This is where your post fails, I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying you have absolutely no substance to support your claim other than the ignorant misconception that all aspects of a predecessor's product is carried onto the successor.

There is a very, very good chance that the ps3 will have more RPGs by the end of its life cycle. Is that better?
CassiusGaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CassiusGaius
Member since 2006 • 865 Posts
I don't see why there is even a poll for this subject.  The 360 as of right now has more rpgs announced then both the Wii and PS3.  Also, to add to what I said, the large amount of announced rpgs are being made by well known developers.  In the matter the PS3 ends up with more rpgs, they will have been made by fairly unknown developers seeing how there isn't any direct notice in the immediate future.

All I hear for the ps3 is White Knight Story and FF13... Which most likely won't be out until '08.
Avatar image for paranoiasurviva
paranoiasurviva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 paranoiasurviva
Member since 2004 • 13621 Posts
DS will have more RPGs than any other home console and handheld.
Quack_Attack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Quack_Attack
Member since 2005 • 2562 Posts
Err, PC. Duh.
nasos_33333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nasos_33333
Member since 2006 • 4530 Posts

[QUOTE="morris44"]The 360 is big in RPGS.Viviath
360 = little JPN support alot of US support. JPN support = RPGs PS3 = JPN support PS3 = most RPGs or it could also be nintendo, but definitaley NOT 360.

25+  EXCLUSIVE xbox 360 RPG's is HARDLY not the king in rpg's, PS3 has 3, Wii one, xbox 360 more than 8 JRPG's and more rumored to come too, so xbox 360 is BY FAR the best in rpg's

mrvanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mrvanx
Member since 2004 • 847 Posts
360 is looking the most likely
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts
zazoo4455
LOL... I love these polls. All they do is show how many MS fans are in this forum. No matter what question you poll Xbox always wins. Who won last gen? Xbox. Who will win next gen? Xbox. If the Xbox could go back in time and go up against NES who would win? Xbox. This is funny, because the 360 has no presence in Japan unlike the PS3. Japan are the RPG champs and pump them out like nothing. They also have their own devs who make games just for Japan, which alot of them tend to be RPG. Guess what system those devs will make their games for, the PS3. Now people honestly believe that the PS3 will not have the most RPGs in 08 and some even doubt in its lifetime. Come on.
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts

• Oblivion (Multiplat)
  • Cry On (Exclusive/Japanese)
  • Trusty Bell (Exclusive/Japanese)
  • Blue Dragon (Exclusive/Japanese)
  • Mass Effect (Exclusive)
  • Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Multiplat)
  • Fable 2 (Exclusive)
  • Enchanted Arms (Multiplat/Japanese)
  • Phantasy Star Universe (Multiplat/Japanese)
  • Lost Odyssey (Exclusive/Japanese)
  • Two Worlds (Console Exclusive)
  • Kingdom of Fire: Circle of Doom (Console Exclusive)
  • New IP from SE which is an RPG (Exclusive/Japanese)

There are a lot more and I'm sure more and more will be announced next year. Oh and so much for that lack of Japanese support.

eastside49er
Wow.
nasos_33333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nasos_33333

[QUOTE="zazoo4455"].
Javy03
LOL... I love these polls. All they do is show how many MS fans are in this forum. No matter what question you poll Xbox always wins. Who won last gen? Xbox. Who will win next gen? Xbox. If the Xbox could go back in time and go up against NES who would win? Xbox. This is funny, because the 360 has no presence in Japan unlike the PS3. Japan are the RPG champs and pump them out like nothing. They also have their own devs who make games just for Japan, which alot of them tend to be RPG. Guess what system those devs will make their games for, the PS3. Now people honestly believe that the PS3 will not have the most RPGs in 08 and some even doubt in its lifetime. Come on.

I REALLY can't say much fo PS2 JRPG's, most were craps, only a very few stand out, like xenogears, FF, Dark Cloud, dragon quest, while xbox 360 JRPG's seem ALL like heaven quality, from Trusty Bell, to blue dragon etc all seem FF level at least, which PS2 did not offer

Shinoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Shinoto
Member since 2006 • 8331 Posts
Easily 360....Wii Only has like One or Two RPGs. That we even seen stuff for. Like Fire Emblem and...I really dont know if there wasnt another LOL. Im just presuming. Maybe we've seen scans or something for FF:CC. I dont remember.

And 90% of the PS3 RPGs are...MIA. Outside of FF and White Knight. We really havent seen any other RPGs. And worst off is those two probably wont even come out till 2008(Most likely late in the US for FF). And that is still being positive about the FF. 2009 is really a possiblity for FF. And White Knight probably wouldnt come out till 2008 in the US(Probably Winter of 2007 for JPN). So we really are not pushing anything for a while on the PS3. And PS3 has no Exculsive Consule MMO's Or Hardly any Western Games in general. Their biggest one is an obvilion port a year late...

360 on the other hand...Should have Mass Effect and Blue Dragon Just name name two big ones. Not to mention ones like Eternal Sonata and probably a few other small lil goodies.
They pretty much have completely control of all WRPG support on consules. And They are the only system with consule exculsive MMOs.

Sony will probably have the best JRPG support again(Unless the Japanese Take to Wii)...Then PS3 is in trouble.
pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pins_basic
Member since 2003 • 11521 Posts
I don't see how anyone can pick anything other then the 360. The 360 already have a few RPG's, while the other two have one (which is also on the 360). Next year the 360 has a ton of RPG's scheduled why the others have have just a few. There is no way the other two are going to catch up to the 360 in one year.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Why is the DS not on this list? I choose the DS.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
If you count all RPGs, the 360. If you only count traditional RPGs, the PS3.
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
I don't see how anyone can pick anything other then the 360. The 360 already have a few RPG's, while the other two have one (which is also on the 360). Next year the 360 has a ton of RPG's scheduled why the others have have just a few. There is no way the other two are going to catch up to the 360 in one year.pins_basic
So just because there's a one year advantage that means that the other two will never catch up? That doesn't make sense, especially considering the many companies that make RPGs haven't even committed to a console yet. 360 might be getting a few in the upcoming year, but the other two systems are just starting out and should get more 3rd party support. Perhaps even enough to make more RPGs than the 360
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
If you count all RPGs, the 360. If you only count traditional RPGs, the PS3.Spartan070
Agreed. When I think RPGs, I think traditional RPGs as well such as Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. Not those games with RPG elements like Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It's not really an RPG. It's more of an action game.
kyosukeugc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 kyosukeugc
Member since 2005 • 1407 Posts
should have put "good" RPGs....
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 osusfaith
Member since 2006 • 7398 Posts
By 2008, 360 most definately. I mean PS3 doesn't even have any announced RPGs releasing in 2007 officially other then Oblivion and probably Enchanted Arms. FF13 will more then likely not make it until 2008. White Knight may make 2007, but that's just a guess. By 2008 though 360 will have had both Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey released, as well as Eternal Sonata/Trusty Bell (all "traditional" rpgs). Infinite Undiscovery though most likely won't surface til 2008 like FF13
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Javy03

[QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="zazoo4455"].
nasos_33333

I REALLY can't say much fo PS2 JRPG's, most were craps, only a very few stand out, like xenogears, FF, Dark Cloud, dragon quest, while xbox 360 JRPG's seem ALL like heaven quality, from Trusty Bell, to blue dragon etc all seem FF level at least, which PS2 did not offer

That is your opinion. I love how you can diss SIX years of RPGs that scored well but you can give praise to RPGs that have the same battle system, similiar characters, and the fact you have not even played these games you praise. Someones fanboy is showing. I am sorry its hard to take you seriously when you praise unproven RPGs on the 360 and diss ones on the PS2. I am pretty sure your experience with both are about the same...0.
nasos_33333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nasos_33333

Xbox 360 and PS3 RPG's and adventures in order of importance

1. Fable 2 (360)- , will have the best graphics EVER in a video game (technically + art style), and the gameplay ideas seem over the top for next gen stuff, simply the most innovative game ever coming

2. Mass Effect (360)-, well getting down to a whole planet, and having such an amazing lighting with HDR and shadows system ,which we have only seen GLIMPSES so far from some magazine scans (never shown a pic during proper day time yet), is just out of this world even for next gen. The dialog system seems totally next gen too, and is a trilogy !!!

3. FF13 (PS3)-, i know nearly nothing on how it will innovate, but this is one of the best upcoming rpg's too, not as vast and free in world like Fable 2 or Mass Effect, but still will hold the third place easilly, with the complex new character upgrade system etc, the graphics directly rival Mass Effect's too, in every ascpect bar the vast levels in ME

4. Lost Odyssey (360)-, well any game that ressembles FF series has to come 4th for me, directly after the king FF13, that one has AMAZING graphics too, and the setting seems KILLER

5. Blue Dragon (360)-, with GCI looking like graphics, and some stunig locales, and fluid animations, plus some info i got about some innovative features in battles and a job system,amkes this my 5th pick

6. Two Worlds (360)-, another Oblivion like free form game, with STUNNING graphics, i put it 6th for graphics alone, since i know nothing about actual gameplay

7. White Knight (PS3)-, even though the quest system seemed like one of the worst i have ever seen (pick quests from a map ?), the graphics look great, even though i am very sceptical for this one since the paths seemed VERY VERY constraining, and i hate that n next gen rpg's, i can fogive it in any FF because of greatneass, but not on any other rpg, but i will have to wait and see for this one

8. Bioshock (360)-, this comes 8th just because it lacks huge environments, but the graphics are STUNNING, better than most games i have seen to date, plus the gameplay seems so innovative,that this could well turn out to go up to 2ond place after Fable 2, just not yet

9. Overlord (360)-, well that one certaily looks great and innovates, with awhole upgradable goblin army to control, seems too cool to not come 9th

Xbox 360
Jade Empire 2 (this is the 10th spot, but since it is not even announced yet, it goes here),

Elveon (great graphics, but seems not like a true rpg),

Infinite Undiscovery (diablo looking like clone from Star Ocean creators),

Cry On (RPG with giants),

Trusty Bell (Looks AMAZING, and reminds me of mana series art but in full 3d),

Precursors (rpg-shooter),

Circle of Doom (another diablo like clone, from the well known series on xbox),

magna carta 2 (at least looked great on PS2, hopegully it is good),

Alan Wake (looks stunning, but i can't say anything for gameplay yet),

Theseis

new Square RPG

Blue Dragon 2

Namco RPG

Aliens RPG

nasos_33333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nasos_33333
[QUOTE="nasos_33333"]

Javy03

That is your opinion. I love how you can diss SIX years of RPGs that scored well but you can give praise to RPGs that have the same battle system, similiar characters, and the fact you have not even played these games you praise. Someones fanboy is showing. I am sorry its hard to take you seriously when you praise unproven RPGs on the 360 and diss ones on the PS2. I am pretty sure your experience with both are about the same...0.

Well name those RPG's on ps2 then that IYO are great (other than ones i mensioned), even dragon quest is not that great and looks silly, and games like kingdom hearts make me laugh

Also we are talking about next gen here, all i have to say is that xbox 360 RPG lineup is IMPRESSIVE beyond belief, all it rpg's so far seem like must haves, unlike most ps2 rpg's, and ps3 has not even hinted any more rpg's coming

It is true, there COULD be some japaneze rpg's, from mediocre old ps2 rpg's to make stunning new games, but

1. It is not certain will happen or be great

2. Simply they are nowhere to be found yet

As for the thread, it is laughable to have a poll, there are 20+ RPG's confirmed in the making for xbox 360, ALL will be 2007-08 titles, and another  4-5 rumored, and not counting the multiplatforms, meaning in 2007-2008 xbox 360 could have from 24 (confirmed) to 28(with adding the rumored ones, like one from Square, Dragon Age from pc etc) RPG's

How many could PS3 or Wii have, 3-4 ? Barely, since no more have been announced yet, a game announced in 2007 has little chances to release in 2008, especially a japaneze rpg

pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pins_basic
Member since 2003 • 11521 Posts
[QUOTE="pins_basic"]I don't see how anyone can pick anything other then the 360. The 360 already have a few RPG's, while the other two have one (which is also on the 360). Next year the 360 has a ton of RPG's scheduled why the others have have just a few. There is no way the other two are going to catch up to the 360 in one year.Zhengi
So just because there's a one year advantage that means that the other two will never catch up? That doesn't make sense, especially considering the many companies that make RPGs haven't even committed to a console yet. 360 might be getting a few in the upcoming year, but the other two systems are just starting out and should get more 3rd party support. Perhaps even enough to make more RPGs than the 360

:| When did I say that the other two cant catch up to the 360? I said that the 360 already has more RPG's and will have more RPG's released next year then the other two. Do the math, if it already has more RPG's and will have more RPG's released in 07 then the other two, how will the other two catch up by Jan 1, 2008? The topic isn't who will have more RPG's by the end of the gen, it's who will have the most RPG's by 08.
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#34 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts

As awkward as it is to say it, Xbox is currently the king of RPGs this gen...surprisingly enough, by a long  shot.

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Javy03
[QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="nasos_33333"]

nasos_33333

Well name those RPG's on ps2 then that IYO are great (other than ones i mensioned), even dragon quest is not that great and looks silly, and games like kingdom hearts make me laugh

Also we are talking about next gen here, all i have to say is that xbox 360 RPG lineup is IMPRESSIVE beyond belief, all it rpg's so far seem like must haves, unlike most ps2 rpg's, and ps3 has not even hinted any more rpg's coming

It is true, there COULD be some japaneze rpg's, from mediocre old ps2 rpg's to make stunning new games, but

As for the thread, it is laughable to have a poll, there are 20+ RPG's confirmed in the making for xbox 360, ALL will be 2007-08 titles, and another  4-5 rumored, and not counting the multiplatforms, meaning in 2007-2008 xbox 360 could have from 24 (confirmed) to 28(with adding the rumored ones, like one from Square, Dragon Age from pc etc) RPG's

How many could PS3 or Wii have, 3-4 ? Barely, since no more have been announced yet, a game announced in 2007 has little chances to release in 2008, especially a japaneze rpg

I will not list what PS2 RPGs are great in my opinion because it is my OPINION. You see I know the difference between opinion and fact. Just because I dont like a game doesnt mean it sucks or wont sell well and just because I like a game doesnt mean its the best game on earth and will make billions. I dont let scores or other peoples opinions determine what games I play. As for the list you keep copying and pasting everywhere. You list of game importance is a list of opinions. You are hyping 360 RPG line ups because they are 360s. You diss a console that housed most of the RPGs for six years and praise these new ones nobody has played. Your nothing more then a excited fanboy hyping games. If you look at the list of 360 RPGs that are being made you will realize that its not that many for a console that has been out for a year. The PS3 has a decent amount announced and it has been out for a month. You jump the gun and dont look at the big picture. Japan is the land of RPGs. Japan doesnt buy 360s. Japan will make RPGs on the only powerful system that will have an audience there...the PS3. There will be alot of games announced for the PS3 but just like how many of the games MS fans are hyping now were nothing more then a work in progress or title when the 360 launched, you will see as the PS3 hits its sixth month mark how many RPGs it will get. Oh and listing a whole bunch of RPGS doesnt mean that they will all be good buddy. Thats why you wait till you play a game before you hype it. You list of so called RPGs are shooting RPGs like Bioshock and mass effect where you will do shooting as your main gameplay as you level up your character.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

1) Depends what you mean as an RPG ... FF's (indeed JRPG's in general) are more like a story, there's no more roleplaying than there is in halo 2) Quality over quanity is important, who wants a 100 terrible games over say 6 really good ones? So I think the question is flawed.

EDIT: I think its obvious I don't like JRPG's :D

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#37 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
I'd imagine it would almost have to be the PS3.
nasos_33333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nasos_33333

I'd imagine it would almost have to be the PS3.musicalmac

Can you back it up with GAMES ??

I can, and it seems it most certainly is not PS3

1. Fable 2 (360)- , will have the best graphics EVER in a video game (technically + art style), and the gameplay ideas seem over the top for next gen stuff, simply the most innovative game ever coming

2. Mass Effect (360)-, well getting down to a whole planet, and having such an amazing lighting with HDR and shadows system ,which we have only seen GLIMPSES so far from some magazine scans (never shown a pic during proper day time yet), is just out of this world even for next gen. The dialog system seems totally next gen too, and is a trilogy !!!

3. FF13 (PS3)-, i know nearly nothing on how it will innovate, but this is one of the best upcoming rpg's too, not as vast and free in world like Fable 2 or Mass Effect, but still will hold the third place easilly, with the complex new character upgrade system etc, the graphics directly rival Mass Effect's too, in every ascpect bar the vast levels in ME

4. Lost Odyssey (360)-, well any game that ressembles FF series has to come 4th for me, directly after the king FF13, that one has AMAZING graphics too, and the setting seems KILLER

5. Blue Dragon (360)-, with GCI looking like graphics, and some stunig locales, and fluid animations, plus some info i got about some innovative features in battles and a job system,amkes this my 5th pick

6. Two Worlds (360)-, another Oblivion like free form game, with STUNNING graphics, i put it 6th for graphics alone, since i know nothing about actual gameplay

7. White Knight (PS3)-, even though the quest system seemed like one of the worst i have ever seen (pick quests from a map ?), the graphics look great, even though i am very sceptical for this one since the paths seemed VERY VERY constraining, and i hate that n next gen rpg's, i can fogive it in any FF because of greatneass, but not on any other rpg, but i will have to wait and see for this one

8. Bioshock (360)-, this comes 8th just because it lacks huge environments, but the graphics are STUNNING, better than most games i have seen to date, plus the gameplay seems so innovative,that this could well turn out to go up to 2ond place after Fable 2, just not yet

9. Overlord (360)-, well that one certaily looks great and innovates, with awhole upgradable goblin army to control, seems too cool to not come 9th

Xbox 360
Jade Empire 2 (this is the 10th spot, but since it is not even announced yet, it goes here),

Elveon (great graphics, but seems not like a true rpg),

Infinite Undiscovery (diablo looking like clone from Star Ocean creators),

Cry On (RPG with giants),

Trusty Bell (Looks AMAZING, and reminds me of mana series art but in full 3d),

Precursors (rpg-shooter),

Circle of Doom (another diablo like clone, from the well known series on xbox),

magna carta 2 (at least looked great on PS2, hopegully it is good),

Alan Wake (looks stunning, but i can't say anything for gameplay yet),

Theseis

new Square RPG

Blue Dragon 2

Namco RPG

Aliens RPG

shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 shadow_lord_11
Member since 2004 • 20792 Posts
360 has

lost odessy
cry on
blue dragon
fable 2

ps3 has

final fantasy 13
white knight story
er.......
nasos_33333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nasos_33333
[QUOTE="nasos_33333"][QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="nasos_33333"]

Javy03

I will not list what PS2 RPGs are great in my opinion because it is my OPINION. You see I know the difference between opinion and fact. Just because I dont like a game doesnt mean it sucks or wont sell well and just because I like a game doesnt mean its the best game on earth and will make billions. I dont let scores or other peoples opinions determine what games I play. As for the list you keep copying and pasting everywhere. You list of game importance is a list of opinions. You are hyping 360 RPG line ups because they are 360s. You diss a console that housed most of the RPGs for six years and praise these new ones nobody has played. Your nothing more then a excited fanboy hyping games. If you look at the list of 360 RPGs that are being made you will realize that its not that many for a console that has been out for a year. The PS3 has a decent amount announced and it has been out for a month. You jump the gun and dont look at the big picture. Japan is the land of RPGs. Japan doesnt buy 360s. Japan will make RPGs on the only powerful system that will have an audience there...the PS3. There will be alot of games announced for the PS3 but just like how many of the games MS fans are hyping now were nothing more then a work in progress or title when the 360 launched, you will see as the PS3 hits its sixth month mark how many RPGs it will get. Oh and listing a whole bunch of RPGS doesnt mean that they will all be good buddy. Thats why you wait till you play a game before you hype it. You list of so called RPGs are shooting RPGs like Bioshock and mass effect where you will do shooting as your main gameplay as you level up your character.

Ehhmmm, well i have to admit, ALL xbox 360 rpg's so far seem STUNNING, both in graphics and gameplay, there is NOT one that i do not like so far, if there were generic japaneze craps in there i would be the first to point them out, there are not !!!

All those rpg's are from well known developers, and all have a potential to deliver, only a very few like couldcept saga could fail, and even that one got a great famitsu score, also Blue Dragon my least wanted one delivered FULLY so far

We are in next gen anyway, and frankly ps2 had very few RPG's as interesting as those on xbox 360, i only cared for FF series, dark cloud and xenogears, all others were just too generic and boring, and since we are in a new gen, i will have to see what PS3 offers NOW, not in 10 years or not what PS2 offered, right ?

And xbox 360 totally kills it NOW and for some years as it seems

Then to call Mass Effect a ....shooter means you know not what you are talking about, the game has force powers in there, Bioshock as well, for all i know i could finish it with minimal actual shooting, so how is it a shooter when there is no ... shooting ? Also have you sen many shooters with the complex behaviour in AI like Bioshock, or complex and stunning dialogs/skills like Mass Effect ? I can answer that, NO YOU HAVE NOT ...

bullet_math

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bullet_math
Member since 2006 • 3020 Posts
wii or 360 probably 360
strahd01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 strahd01
Member since 2003 • 2440 Posts

[QUOTE="Viviath"][QUOTE="morris44"]The 360 is big in RPGS.nasos_33333

25+ EXCLUSIVE xbox 360 RPG's is HARDLY not the king in rpg's, PS3 has 3, Wii one, xbox 360 more than 8 JRPG's and more rumored to come too, so xbox 360 is BY FAR the best in rpg's

Keep in mind RPGs [both western and eastern] are a big part of MS strategy to win more people over not just in japan but also in america and europe they want sony customers to come to them and xbox 1 had no rpgs so they lost a big chunk of the market and in several interview Jay moore said they wont make that mistake again. I see MS saturating the market with RPGs both eastern and western by helping small companies get published (like Mistwalker)
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
360 it has a whole rack of rpgs and rpg hybrids comming out for it
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

[QUOTE="Red_Baron5"]ps3 will have more RPGs by the end of its life cycle but not by 2008. Thats only one year and the RPGs in development for the ps3 wont be done by then.Red_Baron5

There is a very, very good chance that the ps3 will have more RPGs by the end of its life cycle. Is that better?

what do you base this one? just the ps2?
nasos_33333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nasos_33333
[QUOTE="Red_Baron5"][QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

[QUOTE="Red_Baron5"]ps3 will have more RPGs by the end of its life cycle but not by 2008. Thats only one year and the RPGs in development for the ps3 wont be done by then.Ontain

what do you base this one? just the ps2?

PS2 means nothing, after all not ALL PS2 rpg's were great, only a very few stood out

nasos_33333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nasos_33333
I wonder if the thread means in all 2008 too, or in all 2007 and not 2008 ? I doubt that though,since in 2007 has not one RPG in 2007
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
Skewed polls like these remind me why it's important to take everything you read with a grain of sand here on system wars. This board needs an exterminator for the lemming infestation.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
WRPGs - 360
JRPGS - PS3

WRPGS + JRPS - PS3.

Although DS will have the most overall.
Avatar image for the_proof_hurts
the_proof_hurts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 the_proof_hurts
dont expect RPGS from the small companies (PS3)
lafigueroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lafigueroa
Member since 2004 • 6648 Posts

I really don't care which has the MOST RPGs...it's which has the BEST RPGs.

The answer remains to be seen.