• 142 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 GameHog9
Member since 2008 • 1052 Posts

Note: this is not a "Crapzone 2" or "ODST is an overpriced expansion" thread.

This is just asking which you like more. No fanboys (lol like thats totally possible)

Killzone 2

Advantages

- Strong single player campaign and multiplayer modes

- Quite possibly best console (lay off PC) graphics this gen

- Good DLC and decent amount of DLC adopters

- No install

- Good weapon varaiety

Disatvantages

- Campaign has its dull moments

- Plot is throwaway

- DLC is overpriced

- Dialogue

Halo 3: ODST

Advantages

- Same classic Halo formula

- 3 New maps plus all DLC for anyone who hasnt purchased already

- New and interesting campaign mechanics

- Firefight

- Halo REACH Beta included

Disadvantages

- Short campaign

- SAME maps for people that have already purchased the previous DLC. Only 3 new.

- Many feel that in light of this the $60 is not justified

- Not a true sequel and doesnt take the series anywhere

Both games scored a 9.0

And... VOTE

In other news I just finished Battlestar Galactica and I love it :P

#2 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts

Still haven't finished ODST's campaign, but I like KZ2 better so far.

#3 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

Note: this is not a "Crapzone 2" or "ODST is an overpriced expansion" thread.

This is just asking which you like more. No fanboys (lol like thats totally possible)

Killzone 2

Advantages

- Strong single player campaign and multiplayer modes

- Quite possibly best console (lay off PC) graphics this gen

- No install

- Good weapon varaiety

Disatvantages

- Campaign has its dull moments

- Plot is throwaway

- DLC is overpriced

- Dialogue

Halo 3: ODST

Advantages

- Same classic Halo formula

- 3 New maps plus all DLC for anyone who hasnt purchased already

- New and interesting campaign mechanics

- Firefight

- Halo REACH Beta included

Disadvantages

- Short campaign

- SAME maps for people that have already purchased the previous DLC. Only 3 new.

- Many feel that in light of this the $60 is not justified

- Not a true sequel and doesnt take the series anywhere

Both games scored a 9.0

And... VOTE

In other news I just finished Battlestar Galactica and I love it :P

GameHog9

killzoneeeee 2, cz new engine, new graphics (best so far), different type of gameplay.

#4 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
i don't like the halo campaigns that much (yes 1-3) so...
#5 Nidget
Member since 2009 • 1325 Posts
Doesnt take the series anywhere? what exactly does that mean? Also, theres a sticky
#6 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
None. PS3 owners will get KZ2, 360 owners will get ODST.
#7 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

This poll is going to nowhere. Since the fanboys are going to rush it. I personally picked KZ2 since I like it more then halo 3 MP,but halo MP is still fun since after all both these games offer very different feels in MP. I know if i had live still I wouldint buy odst since I peronally dont like the "story" of halo so I find the SP boring. I would just keep playing my copy of halo 3 online.

#8 AssassinFonce
Member since 2009 • 425 Posts
Honestly, Killzone 2 is a good game with ****** awesome graphics. Halo is absolute must have title. I'm sure there's a minority out there, but in general, you're lying to yourself if you say Killzone 2 is better than Halo. It's like pretending that Crysis is anything more than a pretty okay title with graphics.
#9 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

I think this poll will turn in favor ofKillzone 2 even with all the Halo fanatics.

#10 GameHog9
Member since 2008 • 1052 Posts

Honestly, Killzone 2 is a good game with ****** awesome graphics. Halo is absolute must have title. I'm sure there's a minority out there, but in general, you're lying to yourself if you say Killzone 2 is better than Halo. It's like pretending that Crysis is anything more than a pretty okay title with graphics. AssassinFonce

???

Okay you say its good but not good? You lost me

#11 dercoo

Honestly, Killzone 2 is a good game with ****** awesome graphics. Halo is absolute must have title. I'm sure there's a minority out there, but in general, you're lying to yourself if you say Killzone 2 is better than Halo. It's like pretending that Crysis is anything more than a pretty okay title with graphics. AssassinFonce

It is asking if it is better than ODST not Halo 3.

#12 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
KZ2 is better in every way imo.
#13 finalfantasy94

How? its all opinion. If i find the MP more fun how am I wrong.

#14 AssassinFonce

[QUOTE="AssassinFonce"]Honestly, Killzone 2 is a good game with ****** awesome graphics. Halo is absolute must have title. I'm sure there's a minority out there, but in general, you're lying to yourself if you say Killzone 2 is better than Halo. It's like pretending that Crysis is anything more than a pretty okay title with graphics. dercoo

It is asking if it is better than ODST not Halo 3.

And yes, I'm talking about ODST. I think a better poll would be ODST vs. Halo 3 to which I'd not be too sure on. I guess Halo 3 has a heads up as it' has lasted me 2 years now, but then again, ODST probably will. And to where do the new maps count? Because Heretic and Longshore are my 2 favorite maps in the game now, Citadel one of my favorites. Really, people are just underrated ODST because of preconcieved notions of what it'd be. It's like reverse hype. People need to look at it and realize that it's full length, great value, and is easily one of the best shooters there. And also, it's total fanservice. Not in a Disagea way, but more in a what the hardcore halo fans want to see type way + new stuff + unexpected.
#15 AssassinFonce
KZ2 is better in every way imo.Doolz2024
Story. Oh damn. You lost bud.
#16 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]KZ2 is better in every way imo.AssassinFonce

You know what "imo" means? :| Again, I think KZ2 is BETTER in every way over ODST.
#17 AssassinFonce

[QUOTE="AssassinFonce"][QUOTE="Doolz2024"]KZ2 is better in every way imo.Doolz2024

You know what "imo" means? :| Again, I think KZ2 is BETTER in every way over ODST.

But Killzone 2's story is basically nonexistant and boring as freak. ODST's story is freaking great. Vergil ftw!

And also, not trying to spoil it, but what romeo says at the end as the covenant ship is....., jees, dang. That's just sort of.... depressing I guess. While technically you complete the core mission, ODST is the first game I can recall where you essentially lose. Reach should be the same.

#18 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts
Id say KZ2 because it was a completely new experience while ODST is just more of the same, even though I think the Halo series is a bit better than KZ..
#19 Revolution316
Member since 2009 • 2877 Posts

ODST for 25$

#20 AssassinFonce
Id say KZ2 because it was a completely new experience while ODST is just more of the same, even though I think the Halo series is a bit better than KZ..Tykain
ODST was probably the most radical depature the halo series has taken.....
#21 thequietguy
Member since 2008 • 2160 Posts
LOL at polls on System Ways. You're just asking for 360 owners to vote ODST, and PS3 owners to vote Killzone.
#22 killa4lyfe
Member since 2008 • 3849 Posts
Really? KZ2 by a MILE. Unless the ODST is !@$@#%@#^ awesomeness, i cannot say that ODST overall is a must have. The online is 75% the same from halo 3 so i really cannot say that should count alot. Halo 3 on the other hand is a MUST-HAVE title just because of its flourishing community ;)
#23 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

Killzone 2:

Eh? Decent amount of DLC adopters? You're lucky to find more than one match going on in any of the DLC maps, and even then most maps aren't close to being full. Arctower Landing and Suljeva Village have enough players to make for a fun match, but the other four... Not so much.

IMO :o

#24 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
I could rant about Halo 3:ODST, but this guy was a lemming and bought Halo 3:ODST and made him want to buy a PS3 so I'll let you guys watch him actually make some sense so you Halo 3 fanboys can realize why Halo 3:ODST is a scam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV4bmdxk6M4
#25 majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

its really high for offline....gamers who dont play online...when comes killzone 2..

while Halo 3 powerful on online because of microsoft-bungie tandem on online system

#26 dercoo

LOL at polls on System Ways. You're just asking for 360 owners to vote ODST, and PS3 owners to vote Killzone.thequietguy

Many Halo fans actually hate or feel riped of by ODST so it is not so much 360 vs PS3.

To be fair some PS3 owners also hate K2 (attempting to avoid flame).

#27 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
Both received 9.0 from Gamespot, however ODST "came out later and therefore is the better game"...
#28 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"][QUOTE="AssassinFonce"] Story. Oh damn. You lost bud. AssassinFonce

But Killzone 2's story is basically nonexistant and boring as freak. ODST's story is freaking great. Vergil ftw!

And also, not trying to spoil it, but what romeo says at the end as the covenant ship is....., jees, dang. That's just sort of.... depressing I guess. While technically you complete the core mission, ODST is the first game I can recall where you essentially lose. Reach should be the same.

Halos story has always bored me. Not saying KZ2 story is any better.

#30 AssassinFonce
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="AssassinFonce"]

You know what "imo" means? :| Again, I think KZ2 is BETTER in every way over ODST. Doolz2024

What's halo's story about?
#31 Nidget
Both received 9.0 from Gamespot, however ODST "came out later and therefore is the better game"...Next-Gen-Tec
:lol: ive heard that before. There you go cows. using your own "standards" logic, ODST is better. FACT.
#32 BlackTragedy
Member since 2009 • 1830 Posts

Both received 9.0 from Gamespot, however ODST "came out later and therefore is the better game"...Next-Gen-Tec

no just no

#33 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
[QUOTE="Tykain"]Id say KZ2 because it was a completely new experience while ODST is just more of the same, even though I think the Halo series is a bit better than KZ..AssassinFonce
ODST was probably the most radical depature the halo series has taken.....

Halo Wars...
#34 dercoo

That can only be applied to different years not months.

#35 BlackTragedy

[QUOTE="Next-Gen-Tec"]Both received 9.0 from Gamespot, however ODST "came out later and therefore is the better game"...Nidget
:lol: ive heard that before. There you go cows. using your own "standards" logic, ODST is better. FACT.

Seeing as im only seeing a lem use that logic ill say that your just using your own logic which fails yet again.

#36 adastos
Member since 2007 • 465 Posts
I have not played ODST and I don't plan to as I had vowed after Halo 3 I would only play a prequel of Halo or an MMOFPS. From looking at it though I say as standalone games themselves I would say Killzone 2. In my opinion without Reach beta plus DLC maps from Halo3, which probably about 85%+ of people who play ODST already have, included as an advantage the game isn't a bigger must have than Killzone2(especially when you consider the price). On a side note am I the only one who dislikes the ODST commercial? Mainly cause it seems like they took a clip from a SciFi original movie.
#37 Nidget

[QUOTE="Nidget"][QUOTE="Next-Gen-Tec"]Both received 9.0 from Gamespot, however ODST "came out later and therefore is the better game"...BlackTragedy

Seeing as im only seeing a lem use that logic ill say that your just using your own logic which fails yet again.

Nope, ive seen it being used many times over killzone2 and halo 3 about gamerankings. So self owned :lol:
#38 BlackTragedy

I cant believe this is up for debate. we should be comparing killzone 2s broken steel pack to odst. :roll:

#39 Night-Wolf93
Member since 2006 • 1260 Posts

Killzone 2 multiplayer is so addictive especially Body Count..:)

#40 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
I'll take the full game over the $60 expansion.
#41 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

I cant believe this is up for debate. we should be comparing killzone 2s broken steel pack to odst. :roll:

BlackTragedy
Fallout 3 has a DLC pack called Broken Steel... I think you're thinking of Steel & Titanium? In which case ODST is clearly the winner :o
#42 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="AssassinFonce"] But Killzone 2's story is basically nonexistant and boring as freak. ODST's story is freaking great. Vergil ftw!

AssassinFonce

What's halo's story about?

I didint finish part one. I got half way through one and was so bord I just stoped. Nothing stuck with me. I didint bother with the series till 3. Just for the MP I bought that game. I tried doing single player for part 3 but just didint care. Like I said great MP. The story is just meh.

#43 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
having played through both KZ2 and ODST, I'd have to say that ODST is definately the better all-around package... having said that, KZ2 is a great well-refined game that really should be experienced by all fans of the FPS genre...
#44 Trmpt
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts

Never played KZ 2 so I cant vote. D:

#45 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts

Never played KZ 2 so I cant vote. D:

Trmpt
*secretly votes ODST anyway, because deep down, we all know it's better*
#46 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts

Killzone 2 by an infinite amount in my opinion.

#47 ujjval16
Member since 2008 • 1669 Posts

I don't think I can vote. I've only put 1 hour into killzone 2(at my friends house) while I have put 500+ hours into Halo 3. I'm a little biased

#48 ThePRAssassin
Member since 2009 • 1344 Posts

I'm going to go with ODST. I love Killzone 2, think it's one of the best multiplayer games of this gen but I like ODST campaign better and FireFight is just full of win.

#49 box0rocks
Member since 2008 • 1006 Posts

Killzone 2 because i dont have halo or a 360 :?

#50 ThePRAssassin
Member since 2009 • 1344 Posts

BlackTragedy

Whata terrible cow.

You go around saying how Killzone is better than ODST yet you don't even know the name of the add-ons to you're #1 FPS.

Loading More Images