*poll* GTA4 ..overrated or just right

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gamerboi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamerboi27
Member since 2005 • 3261 Posts

i cant believe a lot of sites gave this game 10/10

i havnt played it yet but ill probably pick it up soon...

i mean its a GTA game...how good can the story be

Pietrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Pietrooper
Member since 2008 • 1549 Posts

I have played it, and it its overrated.

By the way, the story is excellent.

munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
Seriously, it's a next gen GTA that does basically everything right. It may not be 100% perfect but it more than lived up to everyone's (as in the reviewer's) expectations and it deserves a very high score...
Avatar image for deactivated-57a12126af02c
deactivated-57a12126af02c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-57a12126af02c
Member since 2007 • 3290 Posts
Its basically crap.
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

It's not without some minor flaws. 97-98% would be more accurate, but what's a couple more percentage points?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Overrated.

No game should be a 10. It's more like a 9.7-9.8.

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts

I will not vote because I've played it for less than 2 hours, but yes it's a bit overrated in my opinion, not 10/10 material here. Still fun though. If they fixe the annoying graphic glitch in the pc verison, I might get it.

Avatar image for ILikeCatFoodMan
ILikeCatFoodMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ILikeCatFoodMan
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts
No its not overrated, Zelda is.
Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts
i haven't played it but I am sure it was overrated because I personally feel that all the GTA games are overrated. with that being said I can't wait for my copy of GTAIV to come in the mail monday or tuesday because the online has me interested.
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Gamerboi27

Are you kidding me man?

I mean you cant beleive 10/10 but you can beleive 9.2/10 or 9.4/10 previous games had? Tastes doesnt mean anything. I mean , i couldnt beleive OOT was the best scored game ever , because i didnt like it but was my taste VS fact. Even if my taste > any facts the truth is my taste isnt fact. And yes GTA4 isnt overated. ITs the best of the best game.

A huge massive SP with a deep story , free-roaming world , you can do whatever you want if you dont feel to do missions , it has action , fun , racing , i mean ALL. Add the "great" MP modes that add ALOT to the great SP mode and we are talking about GREAT VALUE for 60-70$$!! One of the best game overall ever made , no doubt.!!

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Who cares, it's fun. People need to stop whining and calling every game that gets a great score overrated. It's really annoying.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamerboi27"]

AzatiS

Are you kidding me man?

I mean you cant beleive 10/10 but you can beleive 9.2/10 or 9.4/10 previous games had? Tastes doesnt mean anything. I mean , i couldnt beleive OOT was the best scored game ever , because i didnt like it but was my taste VS fact. Even if my taste > any facts the truth is my taste isnt fact. And yes GTA4 isnt overated. ITs the best of the best game.

A huge massive SP with a deep story , free-roaming world , you can do whatever you want if you dont feel to do missions , it has action , fun , racing , i mean ALL.Add the "great" MP modes that add ALOT to the great SP mode and we are talking about GREAT VALUE for 60-70$$!! One of the best game overall ever made , no doubt.!!

But that's been done in previous GTA game...

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts

way overated. I've honostly NEVER enjoyed any gta game due to the teenage humor and shat gameplay mechanics but this title at least improves on the gameplay aspect of it. however, the game is incredibly buggy and I'll be getting rid of it as soon as haze drops.

which brings me to another point. why do titles like mass effect get blasted for performance issues when gta4 doesn't. seriously, the game in borderline broken right now....

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

way overated. I've honostly NEVER enjoyed any gta game due to the teenage humar and shat gameplay mechanics but this title at least improves on the gameplay aspect of it. however, the game is incredibly buggy and I'll be getting rid of it as soon as haze drops.

which brings me to another point. why do titles like mass effect get blasted for performance issues when gta4 doesn't. seriously, the game in borderline broken right now....

ninjaxams

What are you talking about? I havent run into any bugs so far. I am 26 hours in.

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts

2nd option. I thought this was going to be amazing, but is is like ten times better than that!

I cannot wait until I get my copy Friday for my 360 (I played the PS3 version today for a long time, and it was awesome!)

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
[QUOTE="ninjaxams"]

way overated. I've honostly NEVER enjoyed any gta game due to the teenage humar and shat gameplay mechanics but this title at least improves on the gameplay aspect of it. however, the game is incredibly buggy and I'll be getting rid of it as soon as haze drops.

AAllxxjjnn

What are you talking about? I havent run into any bugs so far. I am 26 hours in.

mostly freezes which completely lock up your system. no matter what yor playing it on its not good for your system. that and the MP servers have been down most of the time since its release...
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
It deserves the 10/10. Now if you wanna talk about something that's overrated, we should be talking about MGS.
Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zero5000X
[QUOTE="ninjaxams"]

AAllxxjjnn

i didn't run into any problems in Mass Effect and yet the review score was lowered due to certain bugs... the point is not everyone will experience bugs but some people might. just gotta hope you are one of the lucky ones which apparently you are.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
[QUOTE="AzatiS"][QUOTE="Gamerboi27"]

Bebi_vegeta

Are you kidding me man?

A huge massive SP with a deep story , free-roaming world , you can do whatever you want if you dont feel to do missions , it has action , fun , racing , i mean ALL.Add the "great" MP modes that add ALOT to the great SP mode and we are talking about GREAT VALUE for 60-70$$!! One of the best game overall ever made , no doubt.!!

And?? What did you want more from such game?...There are way too many upgrades from previous games. From graphics to sub-missions and how it feels. I mean... in the same way ALL sequels of a game should score 8 or 7 since ALL got something of the same of the previous games.!!

way overated. I've honostly NEVER enjoyed any gta game due to the teenage humor and shat gameplay mechanics but this title at least improves on the gameplay aspect of it. however, the game is incredibly buggy and I'll be getting rid of it as soon as haze drops.

ninjaxams

Told you before. Your taste > fact but fact is a fact. If ALL sites scored it a 10 , even if you beleive otherwise , means deserves a 10. Because you dont like it or NEVER enjoyed it doesnt mean doesnt deserve a 10. It means for your tastes this game is a 5 . Nothing more nothing less. Bugs???....No comment

lolkie_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lolkie_81
Member since 2008 • 2004 Posts
[QUOTE="ninjaxams"]

AAllxxjjnn

The ps3 ver is trash. somehow people think its the better ver........ I have the 360 ver and have had no problems.

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
A bit overrated but isnt everything thats over 9.0 overrated at system wars :|
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="ninjaxams"]

AAllxxjjnn

Yup, this game performs rather well for me. Mass Effect had the worst framerate issues and texture loading.

lolkie_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lolkie_81
Member since 2008 • 2004 Posts
[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="ninjaxams"]

BioShockOwnz

Yup, this game performs rather well for me. Mass Effect had the worst framerate issues and texture loading.

I hardley had any problems with masseffect, maybe you should have cleared your cache. Maybe I have the best 360 ever made but the framerate issues were not a problem for me.

Crzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Crzy1
Member since 2003 • 359 Posts
The main thing stated in just about every GTAIV review is that the game is FLAWED, but everything else comes together so well, that those flaws don't matter. I've been having a blast with the game, some of the most fun I've had just exploring since I first picked up WoW. I've come across a couple of problems, but I've overlooked them because I've enjoyed playing the game so much. I havn't finished the game, but right now, it's the most fun I've had in quite some time so definitely a 10/10 for me. I hope the PS3 version keeps it's 100% meta score on metacritic, it's definitely deserving of having the highest game score, Rockstar deserves it as well.
Crzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Crzy1
Member since 2003 • 359 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="ninjaxams"]

lolkie_81

I hardley had any problems with masseffect, maybe you should have cleared your cache. Maybe I have the best 360 ever made but the framerate issues were not a problem for me.

Wow, are your eyes ok? ME ran worse than anything else I've played on the 360. It was a great game no doubt, but it was riddled with bugs and technical issues and wasn't nearly the scope of GTAIV. And the 360 doesn't cache anything, everything is taken off the disk, that's what caused the terrible texture pop-in.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts
I think its about right. a tad overrated. but only a tad. like, i would give it a 98/100. but not the full 100/100
Eddyramos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Eddyramos
Member since 2003 • 3616 Posts
Don't think its overated, played far into the story and tried so much and it's been a blast so far. As well I think GS mentioned that the 10 score does not mean the game is perfect, but rather its just an expetionally well made game (story, visuals, and etc.,) and from my expierenced (well you could say limited, 50% completed so far) GTA 4 fits the bill. Although I'd have to agree with the person who said, its all up to peoples taste. The people reviewing the game just felt the strengths of the game really outweighed any of the "flaws."
Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zero5000X
[QUOTE="lolkie_81"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="ninjaxams"]

Crzy1

Wow, are your eyes ok? ME ran worse than anything else I've played on the 360. It was a great game no doubt, but it was riddled with bugs and technical issues and wasn't nearly the scope of GTAIV. And the 360 doesn't cache anything, everything is taken off the disk, that's what caused the terrible texture pop-in.

I didn't have any problems with Mass Effect either. the only "problem" would have been texture pop-ins but that really isnt a big deal to me as it fixes itself so quickly.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts
[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"][QUOTE="AzatiS"][QUOTE="Gamerboi27"]

AzatiS

Are you kidding me man?

And?? What did you want more from such game?...There are way too many upgrades from previous games. From graphics to sub-missions and how it feels. I mean... in the same way ALL sequels of a game should score 8 or 7 since ALL got something of the same of the previous games.!!

But you just nammed what's good about the game, but it's exactly the same in other GTA... this is why I say it doesn't deserve a 10/10. I never said it deserve a 7 or 8.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts
[QUOTE="Crzy1"][QUOTE="lolkie_81"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="ninjaxams"]

Zero5000X

I didn't have any problems with Mass Effect either. the only "problem" would have been texture pop-ins but that really isnt a big deal to me as it fixes itself so quickly.

ME had a crap load of pop ins for me, and it slowed down during a lot of action

like the time i got zerg rushed by this pack of alien wolf things

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts

I have played it, and it its overrated.

By the way, the story is excellent.

Pietrooper

What he said.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BioShockOwnz
ME had a crap load of pop ins for me, and it slowed down during a lot of action

like the time i got zerg rushed by this pack of alien wolf things

REforever101

Yup, 3 of my friends who also played the game experienced the technical issues. These people must have golden Xbox 360's which have superior hardware or something.

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
id say its about right, i can understand why people say its slightly overated though. it happens with the highest rated game.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
Overrated. The game has several technical issues, extremely repetitive gameplay structure, and some of the worst AI I've ever seen in a game.

It does have a half-decent story for it's genre (although it falls apart at roughly 40% of the way through), has better graphics than most games, has a unique sense of humor, and has a fun, simple multiplayer component. The presentation is nice as well.

Overall an 8.5/10 for me.
c02z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 c02z
Member since 2005 • 1840 Posts
gta 4 the best game i ever play for me.
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts
It's definitely deserved a 10.
Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Arjdagr8

Overrated. The game has several technical issues, extremely repetitive gameplay structure, and some of the worst AI I've ever seen in a game.

It does have a half-decent story for it's genre (although it falls apart at roughly 40% of the way through), has better graphics than most games, has a unique sense of humor, and has a fun, simple multiplayer component. The presentation is nice as well.

Saturos3091

wait what, repetitive :|

i guess having races, going out with friends, shooting up a warehouse then having a fake date with a gay guy is repetitive nowadays. oh well

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts

It deserves a 9.5 or a 9.0 because of the horrible MP it has.

Idk what reviewers were smoking when they said its "one of the best out there" because it feels very tacked on and disorganized.

SP = 10

MP = 6

Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts
The whole GTA series is overrated, but it's still fun to play.
Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Arjdagr8

Idk what reviewers were smoking when they said its "one of the best out there" because it feels very tacked on and disorganized.

SP = 10

MP = 6

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

it feels like that at first but it takes a lot of time getting used to. reviewers have spent an extensive amount of time on the multiplayer.

ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ChiddaPotta
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts

Seriously, it's a next gen GTA that does basically everything right. It may not be 100% perfect but it more than lived up to everyone's (as in the reviewer's) expectations and it deserves a very high score...munu9

QFT 100%. I agree, and remember, no game is ever perfect. Thats why GS renamed the 10 score from Perfect to Prime. It does to everything right, i know its a gta game but with a story like that, it would obviously make it the best game in the series.

Also, i chose the 2nd option because, well i already said why :|

Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
I don't see how a game with so many technical issues can get a perfect score.
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]

SP = 10

MP = 6

Arjdagr8

it feels like that at first but it takes a lot of time getting used to. reviewers have spent an extensive amount of time on the multiplayer.

Ive tried to like it but I just cant get into it. Theres no team cohesion and sometimes it lags so slo that civillians you shoot get right back up and start walking again :?

If I want a good MP experience then im going to play Halo 3 not this tacked on mess they have in GTA4

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"]Overrated. The game has several technical issues, extremely repetitive gameplay structure, and some of the worst AI I've ever seen in a game.

Arjdagr8

wait what, repetitive :|

i guess having races, going out with friends, shooting up a warehouse then having a fake date with a gay guy is repetitive nowadays. oh well

Yet doing the same courier mission over and over, going out on the same dates with people over and over, and fetching all the cars in the game over and over, as well as fetching item from Point A and bringing it to Point B missions being over 50% of the main story and sidequests outweight all of those "non-repetitive" things. Also most of the things you listed are repetitive (I mean the going out with friends thing is cool for awhile, but they're all the same bar the unique option for each friend).

Also, the street races do get rather repetitive and sometimes downright annoying due to the games AI being so erratic.
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

360 version = 10

PS3 version = 9.5

More PS3 owners complains about the game.

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Arjdagr8
[QUOTE="Arjdagr8"][QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"]

SP = 10

MP = 6

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Ive tried to like it but I just cant get into it. Theres no team cohesion and sometimes it lags so slo that civillians you shoot get right back up and start walking again :?

If I want a good MP experience then im going to play Halo 3 not this tacked on mess they have in GTA4

meh i enjoy it. theres nothing like doing a driveby with a friend on someone whos chasing you and end up crashing.

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
And as people said b4 the technical issues in the game SHOULD be noted in the reviews but it shouldnt take away from the expereince like it did in Mass effect.
butteater86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 butteater86
Member since 2007 • 1306 Posts
A tad overrated I guess. I gave it a 9.5/10.
Pietrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pietrooper
Member since 2008 • 1549 Posts

360 version = 10

PS3 version = 9.5

More PS3 owners complains about the game.

ReverseCycology

Fanboyism much?

orrytur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 orrytur
Member since 2004 • 1682 Posts

Gamerboi27
OMG!!?? How can you know if is overrated or not? YOU don't even have the game !! LOL.