Pokemon needs a BIG evolution

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#-49 Posted by Maroxad (8667 posts) -

that's a visual upgrade.BrunoBRS

Not really. Sprites tend to have more charm, and age better than 3D.

But you already knew that so pointless post is pointless.

#-48 Posted by Blabadon (28256 posts) -
To see TC being the maximum prick: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29324691/best-castlevania-on-the-gba?page=0 It's pretty funny
#-47 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

To see TC being the maximum prick http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29324691/best-castlevania-on-the-gba?page=0 It's pretty funnyBlabadon
lol

TC so crazy

[spoiler] and he thinks Lords of shadow is a good game. pssh not even close. :3 [/spoiler]

#-46 Posted by Maroxad (8667 posts) -

To see TC being the maximum prick http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29324691/best-castlevania-on-the-gba?page=0 It's pretty funnyBlabadon

Your ad hominem attacks towards the TC are pointless.

I am sure that most already know about the TC's difficulty to handle opinions that differ from his. :P

#-45 Posted by Blabadon (28256 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]To see TC being the maximum prick http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29324691/best-castlevania-on-the-gba?page=0 It's pretty funnyMaroxad

Your ad hominem attacks towards the TC are pointless.

I am sure that most already know about the TC's difficulty to handle opinions that differ from his. :P

Just for users who are hypocritical/ignorant of other's opinions. It's a bad guilty pleasure man.

#-44 Posted by AznbkdX (3562 posts) -

Pokemon makes me scratch my head usually on how to really change it up.

I think instead of graphical change it should go for literal game changes. Graphics is great but we have already seen them in action with Gale of Darkness and such it probably wouldn't add a large amount to it in terms of real change. I think there should be no need to battle gyms in order or go to places in order for that matter aside from E4, levels scale wherever you go similar to other games, and no HMs that are mandatory. There could also be a new pokemon type (yeah I used to be a comp pokemon battler but I still think it would be cool), a story that is not straight forward and deconstructed to which places you go first. Hell... maybe even play as a spy in the organization or something at points just to really look into the criminal mind!

Gameplay things could really change it up. Graphics are meh for the most part.

#-43 Posted by darkspineslayer (20356 posts) -

Perhaps for once, GGM has a point. and that point i.....

a3066194-64-hypnotoad.gif?d=1266353298

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

#-42 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zeviander"]It evolves significantly with every iteration.GreekGameManiac

No,it doesn't.

Game Freak & Nintendo are robbing you,mate.

Gen 2: 2 new types, special split into special defense and special attack, held items, weather conditions, genders

gen 3: abilities, boxes aren't sh*t, double battles

gen 4: moves being attack or special aren't based on type anymore, wifi battling/trading

I haven't played any of the gen 5 games but there were significant changes in all the generations I've played.

#-41 Posted by SuperFlakeman (7411 posts) -

Will be interesting to see what they will do with Gen VI, if you are able to trade with previous gens. It will obviously feature polygonal graphics, but I maintain that it'll keep the overview perspective with fixed camera. We might get analog movement instead of it being tile-based, makes sense for the slide-pad.

I'd like to see Pokemon Land on Wii U as the sequel to Nintendo Land. Basically combine the mini game aspect of the Stadium games with NL and you get one of my most anticipated games. One of the minigames could be a new version of Pokemon Snap for example. Maybe some kind of connectivity with the 3DS games, like one way to get old gen Pokemons would be to do stuff in Poke Land and then transfer them.

These are the kinds of poke related things I want.

#-39 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Why...and how?

I always wonder when people talk about how a game should "evolve" (no pun intended); like, how? How could a game like Pokemon that's, practically, time tested mechanics have been grounded into video game history be changed? It's like CoD, I agree that the series should improve and change the formula but exactly how or what could they change to improve the gameplay of it?

#-38 Posted by el3m2tigre (4232 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

[QUOTE="Zeviander"]It evolves significantly with every iteration.cain006

No,it doesn't.

Gen 2: 2 new types, special split into special defense and special attack, held items, weather conditions, genders

gen 4: moves being attack or special aren't based on type anymore, wifi battling/trading

I haven't played any of the gen 5 games but there were significant changes in all the generations I've played.

gen 5: animated sprites, tripple battle, rotation battle, pokemon world championship (battle every gym leader from every generation).

#-37 Posted by darkspineslayer (20356 posts) -

Why...and how?

I always wonder when people talk about how a game should "evolve" (no pun intended); like, how? How could a game like Pokemon that's, practically time tested, mechanics have been grounded into video game history be changed? It's like CoD, I agree that the series should improve and change the formula but exactly how or what could they change to improve the gameplay of it?

Goyoshi12
Don't ask this of GGM. its too much to even ask him to properly defend a point.
#-36 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]that's a visual upgrade, not an evolution. and i'm particularly more fond of sprites. with HD, comes the ability to make wonderfully detailed sprites.GreekGameManiac

I hate you.

Ok.not really,but i hate it when you shoot down my ideas on Nintendo franchises(i.e. Metroid,Zelda).

You still around..?

Haven't seen you much lately.

the nintendo boards are boring when one console is dead and you don't own the other. and i'm not shooting down any ideas. i'm just pointing out that improving visuals isn't necessarily evolution. the pokemon series, much like a fighting game, must be really careful with "innovating" the formula, because they need to maintain the balance. the steel and dark types were brought in for that reason. then they added EVs and abilities. the real problem with the pokemon franchise is how its campaign's structure has been largely untouched since its inception, and while i wouldn't mind them keeping some ideas around, like the gyms and elite 4, i'd like to see them try something different with that. and, of course, i still wish the pokemon had combat animations and moved around in the battle screen (like golden sun, for example).
#-35 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9513 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]that's a visual upgrade, not an evolution. and i'm particularly more fond of sprites. with HD, comes the ability to make wonderfully detailed sprites.BrunoBRS

I hate you.

Ok.not really,but i hate it when you shoot down my ideas on Nintendo franchises(i.e. Metroid,Zelda).

You still around..?

the nintendo boards are boring when one console is dead and you don't own the other. and i'm not shooting down any ideas. i'm just pointing out that improving visuals isn't necessarily evolution. the pokemon series, much like a fighting game, must be really careful with "innovating" the formula, because they need to maintain the balance. the steel and dark types were brought in for that reason. then they added EVs and abilities. the real problem with the pokemon franchise is how its campaign's structure has been largely untouched since its inception, and while i wouldn't mind them keeping some ideas around, like the gyms and elite 4, i'd like to see them try something different with that. and, of course, i still wish the pokemon had combat animations and moved around in the battle screen (like golden sun, for example).

Have you... played Black and White/Black and White 2...?

#-34 Posted by AznbkdX (3562 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

I hate you.

You still around..?

Crazyguy105

Yes. It has the same problems that are apparent in every Pokemon game.

As I said above, its the campaign and gameplay itself that needs fixing, not the sprite animations and all that other cosmetic stuff. Its good to have, but it won't make it any better, trust me.

#-33 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

I hate you.

You still around..?

Crazyguy105

i have. well, not the sequels, the first ones. so much wasted potential. and still no attack animations. they might be animated, but they're still standing idle as special effects go around.
#-32 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -

i'll just leave this here

mhm

#-31 Posted by Nozizaki (1471 posts) -

Honestly, I just want to see Ruby and Sapphire remade and then for them to make a game where you go to all 5 regions in one plot line. Then to stop, I really can't bear for them to make more of these games.

#-30 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

[QUOTE="cain006"]

No,it doesn't.

el3m2tigre

gen 5: animated sprites, tripple battle, rotation battle, pokemon world championship (battle every gym leader from every generation).

That sounds like less than all the previous generations. They all added something that changed how every battle played out. Two new battle types is really the only thing you listed that changes gameplay.

#-29 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9493 posts) -
I still think Nintendo could make a kick ass Pokemon game for the Wii U considering the what the Wii U gamepad can be used for. Or just make a new Pokemon Snap.
#-28 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Or atleast an amazing spinoff adventure,that's BETTER than XD.

#-27 Posted by metroidfood (11175 posts) -

i'll just leave this here

mhm

mrmusicman247

That's literally just a camera change into first person, it's less of an update than HG/SS were.

AznbkdX and BrunoBRS are right, what Pokemon really needs is fresh ideas and changes in the overall campaign. The battle system is pretty much tried and tested, other than meta changes there's nothing really to fix. They also have to revamp their EV/IV systems to be more intuitive and visible, currently they're a massive pain (especially IVs) for any casual player who wants to up their game.

#-26 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5669 posts) -

How about a Pokemon and Digimon crossover game?

#-25 Posted by Killzonage (397 posts) -
LOL those 3D Pokemon Gamecube games were not that good. Pokemons strength is on the handhelds.
#-24 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

How about a Pokemon and Digimon crossover game?

Blazerdt47

O_O

Haven't thougt of that one before!

#-23 Posted by Sali217 (1290 posts) -
Every time Pokemon has tried to deviate from it's main style it has failed miserably. The only exception I can think of are the Pokemon Stadium games on the N-64. Using the same formula they have always used is a winning bet for the series. Kids never played the older ones, so they don't know it's just a rehash.
#-22 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

No it doesn't the fanbase is stupid

#-21 Posted by Devil-Itachi (4380 posts) -
People still want a full console pokemon game..
#-20 Posted by bowserjr123 (1624 posts) -

Agreed, I'd love to see a main title have completely new gameplay. Or if they are going to make a similar entry, they should incorporate all of the regions into one game, that would be amazing.