Pokemon needs a BIG evolution

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Just make a full 3D game in the main series,damnit!!!!

Do it already.

Make your own character,explore a massive world,catch Pokemon,battle ppl from all over the world.

All in glorious,advanced,HD graphics!

#2 Posted by mems_1224 (46508 posts) -
why? its a lot cheaper to keep improving the same formula. the game is going to sell a lot anyways. plus nintendo doesn't know how to do console games anymore. they're so far behind everyone and refuse to change.
#3 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -

Do it already.

Make your own character,explore a massive world,catch Pokemon,battle ppl from all over the world.

GreekGameManiac

Shouldn't you greeks worry about...youknow...paying back the loans everyone has given you...instead of worrying about f*cking pokemon?

#4 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Shouldn't you greeks worry about...youknow...paying back the loans everyone has given you...instead of worrying about f*cking pokemon?

DrTrafalgarLaw

Shouldn't you just give a normal answer?

#5 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

Pokemon needs a break. It has serious franchise fatigue.

#6 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
Meh. I would very much keep it on handhelds thank u very much.
#7 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Meh. I would very much keep it on handhelds thank u very much.IAmNot_fun

Don't be close-minded.

#8 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -

[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"]Meh. I would very much keep it on handhelds thank u very much.GreekGameManiac

Don't be close-minded.

Or maybe I know what the strength of the franchise is.
#9 Posted by Lance2500 (680 posts) -

Wont happen.

#10 Posted by dream431ca (10165 posts) -

I can say the same thing about any big gaming franchise.

#11 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
i agree...as much as i love pokemon...its pretty much the same game everytime. I couldnt give a **** about double/triple/quadriple/etc... battles...or dressing up my pokemon or whatever..and the minigames...oh god... I am begging for a 3d pokemon game.. Sure its cheaper as someone said to have it as it is...but thats nintendos problem..not mine. Also im sure they can do some connectivity features with the 3ds/wii U The wii u gamepad is pretty much perfect for the players 'bag/inventory' / selecting moves etc..
#12 Posted by PS360Wii4eva (297 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

GreekGameManiac

Shouldn't you just give a normal answer?

:)
#13 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4028 posts) -

But copy and paste is a much more cost effective tool. :P

#14 Posted by siLVURcross (26103 posts) -
Oh I get it, a big EVOLUTION.
#15 Posted by stereointegrity (10700 posts) -
i have been saying for years that you need to battle in real time as the pokemon themselves
#16 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
i have been saying for years that you need to battle in real time as the pokemon themselves stereointegrity
You may want to try PokePark
#17 Posted by Maroxad (8055 posts) -

And here you go with the "close-mindedness" again to people you disagree with. Just like you did in that thread stating that BuyerBeware or Betasda should develop the next Zelda.

DarkLink77

That, take a break for a gen or so.

Then come back an reboot the formula. The mechanics have changed quite a bit since launch, but hte formula has remained stagnant.

By reboot I do not mean "gief 3D" or "real time combat" as both of those would be disasterous.

#18 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -

And here you go with the "close-mindedness" again to people you disagree with. Just like you did in that thread stating that BuyerBeware or Betasda should develop the next Zelda.

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Maroxad

That, take a break for a gen or so.

Then come back an reboot the formula. The mechanics have changed quite a bit since launch, but hte formula has remained stagnant.

By reboot I do not mean "gief 3D" or "real time combat" as both of those would be disasterous.

Well if they are indeed taking a break they should at least make ruby/sapphire remake before they take a break.
#19 Posted by BigBoss255 (3538 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

Do it already.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Shouldn't you Americans worry about making rockets for the Jewish man so they can use them to kill little boys? See I can be an ignorant **** too.
#20 Posted by tryagainlater (7445 posts) -

I agree. I stopped playing them after gen 4 for that reason.

#21 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

Just move onto another JRPG bro, its never going to happen.

#22 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

Do it already.

BigBoss255

Shouldn't you Americans worry about making rockets for the Jewish man so they can use them to kill little boys? See I can be an ignorant **** too.

Actually no. They need to worry about their own debt before talking to someone else about their debt.
#23 Posted by Blabadon (25918 posts) -
Keep whining GGM, eventually someone will care about what you say. Keep in mind everyone, this is someone who's okay with the next generation "becoming sluts."
#24 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

Never gonna happen

#25 Posted by da_illest101 (7414 posts) -

why do people keep saying it's never gonna happen, that's not the point of this thread. He is talking about the fact that they need a big evolution not if they gonna do it or not

#26 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7503 posts) -
As long as people love rehashes it'll never stop. Look at Call Of Duty, God Of War, Halo, Mario etc... Companies don't do much when they don't have to.
#27 Posted by Mr_BillGates (3186 posts) -

No point. The system is simplified enough for young kids, which is their main audience.

#28 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

Do it already.

GreekGameManiac

So make it like Pokemon but in HD/3D?

SUCH AN EVOLUTION

#29 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
It evolves significantly with every iteration.
#30 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
I own Pearl and like it a lot, but have to agree with you TC. And as much as I hate Nintendo consoles anymore, I would be seriously tempted to buy a Wii U for my kids just so I could check out a fully 3D Pokemon like what you described.
#31 Posted by ArchoNils2 (6154 posts) -

Well, they do have the 3D models (from the Pokedex 3D Pro) and they do have the RAM for a MMORPG style Pokemon (I actually made a thread about that a while ago). It would be a fantatic WiiU system seller and the tablet would be the perfect Pokedex. The WiiU pretty much screams "make a 3D Pokemon MMORPG on me". Also, as a side note, I'd like to have a Dynastyy Warriors style mini game where you go as Pikachu through hordes of zubats in a cave ;D

#32 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9511 posts) -

Black/White 2 was the big evolution. If you played it, you'd see it.

#33 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

It evolves significantly with every iteration.Zeviander

No,it doesn't.

Game Freak & Nintendo are robbing you,mate.

#34 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -
It evolves significantly with every iteration.Zeviander
:lol:
#35 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -
You honestly think they're going to do that? After finishing White 2 I highly doubt it. Pokemon isn't known to take big steps forward with every iteration.
#36 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Do it already.

DrTrafalgarLaw

Are you American? Because I am and I feel the same way about my government.
#37 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zeviander"]It evolves significantly with every iteration.jeffster85

Ikr?

XD it barely evolves.

He's such a fanboy

#38 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

Pokemon is all about evolution though...

#39 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11602 posts) -

I dunno, Wailord is a pretty big evolution...

321Wailord.png

#40 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

Do it already.

GreekGameManiac

3D maybe but as for the rest your are just part of a whiney vocal minority on the internet. The majority is happy with the game mechanics and don't want them to change too much. So kindly shut your face. Not that it matters. fortunately Gamefreak doesn't give a crap what you think .

#41 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

3D maybe but as for the rest your are just part of a whiney vocal minority on the internet. The majority is happy with the game mechanics and don't want them to change too much. So kindly shut your face. Not that it matters. fortunately Gamefreak doesn't give a crap what you think .

Jonwh18

That's a pretty idiotic thing to say...

Are you saying you talked to all of the million Pokefans in the world?

#42 Posted by Maroxad (8055 posts) -

[QUOTE="jeffster85"][QUOTE="Zeviander"]It evolves significantly with every iteration.GreekGameManiac

Ikr?

XD it barely evolves.

He's such a fanboy

But there have been some significant changes with the series, just not structurally (which have been seriously lacking).

#43 Posted by Maroxad (8055 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

GreekGameManiac

That's a pretty idiotic thing to say...

Are you saying you talked to all of the million Pokefans in the world?

Pretty sure people are fine with the game mechanics, considering how successful each and every main entry in the series is.

#44 Posted by JohnF111 (14051 posts) -

DarkLink77
Agreed, the last ones I played and enjoyed were Fire Red and Emerald. After that it was like "More Pokemon...".
#45 Posted by AsadMahdi59 (6542 posts) -

They just need to make the graphics 3d. Cel shading would be great. If they remake Gen 1,2 or 3 with 3d graphics that would be enough for me to buy a 3ds

At least one of the four sets of DS games should've had stadium stlye battles. The DS produced games that look way better then alot of N64 games

#46 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -

They just need to make the graphics 3d. Cel shading would be great. If they remake Gen 1,2 or 3 with 3d graphics that would be enough for me to buy a 3ds

At least one of the four sets of DS games should've had stadium stlye battles. The DS produced games that look way better then alot of N64 games

AsadMahdi59
I'd love a cel-shaded Pokemon, heck I love cel-shaded games period.
#47 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
that's a visual upgrade, not an evolution. and i'm particularly more fond of sprites. with HD, comes the ability to make wonderfully detailed sprites.
#48 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

I dunno, Wailord is a pretty big evolution...

321Wailord.png

PhazonBlazer
oh god i lol'd :lol:
#49 Posted by Heil68 (43436 posts) -
If you say so, but seeing as I have never played a single minute of any pokemon game I dont really care.
#50 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

that's a visual upgrade, not an evolution. and i'm particularly more fond of sprites. with HD, comes the ability to make wonderfully detailed sprites.BrunoBRS

I hate you.

Ok.not really,but i hate it when you shoot down my ideas on Nintendo franchises(i.e. Metroid,Zelda).

You still around..?

Haven't seen you much lately.