PlayStation Vita $180, buy or not?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

plioip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 plioip
Member since 2012 • 29 Posts
PS Vita WiFi w/ Assassin's Creed III Liberation Bundle $180 @ amazon today. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I0JZOC/?&tag=wen0b-20&creativeASIN=B002I0JZOC Good deal? Buy or not?
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#2 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

Great Deal... Buy one now and scoop up P4G while you are at it if you like jrpgs... its amazing!! Also don't forget it comes with 3 months of plus which will give you Gravity rush , uncharted golden abyss, jet set radio, wipehout 2048 and final fantasy tactics: war of lions. Been a happy vita owner since launch!

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

I'm not, not enough games to justify it just yet.

Buy it next year when you get a better idea of what is out there

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
If you like handhelds, the deal is just excellent.
PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

The Vita its self is great. Assassin's Creed III Liberation is a pile of ****

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts
It is a good deal and I bought one, but I haven't decided if I'm keeping it. I might sell it on eBay.
DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

Might as well before it's $250 without a game or memory card included again.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
Do not just buy because it is cheap since you should only buy if it is something you want. If it is something you have been interested in then you really should not need to ask on a forum.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Do not just buy because it is cheap since you should only buy if it is something you want. If it is something you have been interested in then you really should not need to ask on a forum.CanYouDiglt

As much of an idiot you are, I agree with you. :o

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#10 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Do not just buy because it is cheap since you should only buy if it is something you want. If it is something you have been interested in then you really should not need to ask on a forum.CanYouDiglt
C'mon, if anywhere, a gaming forum should be a place where it's okay to ask this by using other people's opinions on it. Although he should be level 10.
megadeth1117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 megadeth1117
Member since 2010 • 1830 Posts

fueled-system

That's the major problem, I think. Are there even any Vita games scheduled for next year?

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]

megadeth1117

That's the major problem, I think. Are there even any Vita games scheduled for next year?

A handful of them. Lot of cross platform games with PS3, but some unique ones like Soul Sacrifice. Just this year around 100 games have appeared on the Vita so there should be plenty coming in 2013.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Buy. It's a great deal.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Is a piece of **** a good deal if it's free?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
Nah, there are no good games on the horizon. Id wait for deals next year, hopefully it will have a better lineup by then.
Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

Just this year around 100 games have appeared on the Vita so there should be plenty coming in 2013.CajunShooter

If you include PSN/PS1 classic/PSP games?

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CajunShooter

Nah, there are no good games on the horizon.mems_1224
You act as if all the 2012 games that released this year were announced in 2011 or earlier.

2013 only has a handful of confirmed Vita games coming out at the moment but it is naive to think that there won't be any good ones next year. There is already a solid 10-20 games worth playing on the Vita currently.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]

megadeth1117

Right now (N.A. / EU) Dragon's Crown (PS3 / PS VIta) Sly 4 (PS3 / PS Vita) Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable Killzone Mercenary Soul Sacrifice Tearaway
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="CajunShooter"]Just this year around 100 games have appeared on the Vita so there should be plenty coming in 2013.Yangire

No not including them though it's more around 80.
CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CajunShooter

[QUOTE="CajunShooter"]Just this year around 100 games have appeared on the Vita so there should be plenty coming in 2013.Yangire

Just did a quick count on Wiki and it is around 75 Vita games both retail and Digital. Not including PS1 or PSP
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Basically it comes down to, do you want it, does it have the games to provide enough of what you payed for it, and so forth.. This is your decision. Personally, I don't see the reason to own one yet, but that my own personally opinion. Some will say yes, some no.. But you should figure this out for yourself in a tiny bit of research.
VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts
a good price on a crap handheld is only a good price on a crap handheld. Sorry but there is nothing on the Vita that warrants a purchase.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
a good price on a crap handheld is only a good price on a crap handheld. Sorry but there is nothing on the Vita that warrants a purchase.VideoGameGuy
The highest rated game this year is on the Vita only :|
VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 VideoGameGuy
[QUOTE="VideoGameGuy"]a good price on a crap handheld is only a good price on a crap handheld. Sorry but there is nothing on the Vita that warrants a purchase.kuraimen

The way i look at it is this: What does it have that you KNOW is gonna be worth it? You can look at the 3DS and you know it's gonna get better support simply based off the DS. You are gonna be safe buying a Xbox720 or PS4 cause you KNOW there is gonna be support there, where is the even illusion of support for the Vita?? It just simply doesn't have it and shows no signs of EVER getting it.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="VideoGameGuy"]a good price on a crap handheld is only a good price on a crap handheld. Sorry but there is nothing on the Vita that warrants a purchase.VideoGameGuy

The way i look at it is this: What does it have that you KNOW is gonna be worth it? You can look at the 3DS and you know it's gonna get better support simply based off the DS. You are gonna be safe buying a Xbox720 or PS4 cause you KNOW there is gonna be support there, where is the even illusion of support for the Vita?? It just simply doesn't have it and shows no signs of EVER getting it.

People said the same thing about the PSP and the PSP has a great library. It just took a couple years and really that's any system. No system is a beast out of the gate and the Vita is 8 months old not 2-3 years old.

VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 VideoGameGuy

[QUOTE="VideoGameGuy"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] The highest rated game this year is on the Vita only :|FlamesOfGrey

People said the same thing about the PSP and the PSP has a great library. It just took a couple years and really that's any system. No system is a beast out of the gate and the Vita is 8 months old not 2-3 years old.

My advice to the OP would be to wait.
CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CajunShooter

Hell just look at the 3DS. It struggled with worthwhile games for the first 7 or 8 months it was on the market. Wii U will probably have a slow 2013 with games. All systems have that first year of growing pains where developers are just starting to make games for it and the good ones take several years which puts them out in years 2 and 3 of a systems life cycle.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ArisShadows

[QUOTE="VideoGameGuy"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] The highest rated game this year is on the Vita only :|FlamesOfGrey

Personally there is not reason right now to own a Vita, but I think if you give it some time it will get a good library of games just like the PSP did
CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CajunShooter
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"] Personally there is not reason right now to own a Vita, but I think if you give it some time it will get a good library of games just like the PSP did

Why is there not a reason right now to own a Vita? It has games right now. People just keep throwing out "No Games" without ever looking at the systems library.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]Nah, there are no good games on the horizon.CajunShooter

You act as if all the 2012 games that released this year were announced in 2011 or earlier.

2013 only has a handful of confirmed Vita games coming out at the moment but it is naive to think that there won't be any good ones next year. There is already a solid 10-20 games worth playing on the Vita currently.

Im not going to buy a handheld on the assumption that it might get games im interested in. thats the mistake i made with the psp
FashionFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FashionFreak
Member since 2004 • 2326 Posts

Would you buy it if it was free?

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

I say yes, the only major reason as to why people don't like the console is because of the games, and it just doesnt have enough sales to justify any developers to create really good games for it.

Don't get me wrong though, I've had more fun playing Unit 13 with my friends, as well as Uncharted Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush more than any handheld that I've ever owned (Next to the GB color with pokemon of course.

Does it suffer from problems? Of course, but it's a new system and all new systems have their hurdles to jump.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ArisShadows
[QUOTE="CajunShooter"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"] Personally there is not reason right now to own a Vita, but I think if you give it some time it will get a good library of games just like the PSP did

Why is there not a reason right now to own a Vita? It has games right now. People just keep throwing out "No Games" without ever looking at the systems library.

I don't feel like there is enough quality games to persaude me to buy one..
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#34 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
[QUOTE="CajunShooter"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]Nah, there are no good games on the horizon.mems_1224

Im not going to buy a handheld on the assumption that it might get games im interested in. thats the mistake i made with the psp

How did you not enjoy the PSP...
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#35 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Kind of tricky. If I were you I would wait for more games to be announced before buying the Vita. So far, the current library doesn't seem too interesting.
AndyAlfredo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 AndyAlfredo
Member since 2009 • 1402 Posts

I'm waiting for the inevitable redesign and probable price drop in the future when there are many more games for the system.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I would say see if it has games you want and anything upcoming as well. I have about 7 games and I say thats good enough to spend on a new system.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts
Hey dont forget guys, that Bioshock Vita game is still happening
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FlamesOfGrey
Hey dont forget guys, that Bioshock Vita game is still happeningms555
Have we gotten an update on that recently?
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ms555
[QUOTE="ms555"]Hey dont forget guys, that Bioshock Vita game is still happeningFlamesOfGrey

Yeah we got an update a couple ,months ago that its only taking so long cus the devs have to finish off bioshock infinite
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="ms555"]Hey dont forget guys, that Bioshock Vita game is still happeningms555

Yeah we got an update a couple ,months ago that its only taking so long cus the devs have to finish off bioshock infinite

I hope they don't cancel it. Sony needs to step it up. Make sure this game gets released. They need to approach Rockstar about a GTA Vita considering how good Liberty / Vice City stories were on the PSP. They just need to stop thinking and start doing.
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ms555
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] Have we gotten an update on that recently?

I hope they don't cancel it. Sony needs to step it up. Make sure this game gets released. They need to approach Rockstar about a GTA Vita considering how good Liberty / Vice City stories were on the PSP. They just need to stop thinking and start doing.

Exactly, they need to nail that bioshock game and they do need go get rockstar on board. Cus psp had some great gta games, vita needs the same. I think it will also be really important for them to nail the killzome game. Theres potential there for it to finally be an fps handheld game worth buying. If u saw the graphics , they are super good! And the devs are the actual console devs for killzone 3, so its off to a good start. Vita did well enough this xmas with games to not be a disaster. But its sorta just did good enough, i mean i can understand that. Lbp and persona 4 were great and the ports were great but to actually grab potential buyers games like gta and bioshock need to be taken more seriously for the vita
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="ms555"] Yeah we got an update a couple ,months ago that its only taking so long cus the devs have to finish off bioshock infinite

Exactly, they need to nail that bioshock game and they do need gpto get rockstar on board. Cus psp had some great gta games, vita needs the same. I think it will also be really important for them to nail the killzome game. Theres potential there for it to finally be an fps handheld game worth buying. If u saw the graphics , they are super good! And the devs are the actual console devs for killzone 3, so its off to a good start. Vita did well enough this xmas woth games to mot be a disaster. But its sorta just did good enough, i mean i can understand that. Lbp and persona 4 were great and the ports were great but to actually grab potential buyers games like gta and bioshock need to be taken more seriously for the vita

Indeed, what the Vita needs is huge 3rd Party exclusive brand names. While Killzone, Soul Sacrifice and Tearaway will be quality games, they're not moving any systems. They are 2nd tier games that supplement 1st tier games. Nintendo has that and Sony unfortunately doesn't.
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ms555
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] I hope they don't cancel it. Sony needs to step it up. Make sure this game gets released. They need to approach Rockstar about a GTA Vita considering how good Liberty / Vice City stories were on the PSP. They just need to stop thinking and start doing.

Exactly, they need to nail that bioshock game and they do need gpto get rockstar on board. Cus psp had some great gta games, vita needs the same. I think it will also be really important for them to nail the killzome game. Theres potential there for it to finally be an fps handheld game worth buying. If u saw the graphics , they are super good! And the devs are the actual console devs for killzone 3, so its off to a good start. Vita did well enough this xmas woth games to mot be a disaster. But its sorta just did good enough, i mean i can understand that. Lbp and persona 4 were great and the ports were great but to actually grab potential buyers games like gta and bioshock need to be taken more seriously for the vita

Indeed, what the Vita needs is huge 3rd Party exclusive brand names. While Killzone, Soul Sacrifice and Tearaway will be quality games, they're not moving any systems. They are 2nd tier games that supplement 1st tier games. Nintendo has that and Sony unfortunately doesn't.

I thnk vita needs an infamous game haha
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="ms555"] Exactly, they need to nail that bioshock game and they do need gpto get rockstar on board. Cus psp had some great gta games, vita needs the same. I think it will also be really important for them to nail the killzome game. Theres potential there for it to finally be an fps handheld game worth buying. If u saw the graphics , they are super good! And the devs are the actual console devs for killzone 3, so its off to a good start. Vita did well enough this xmas woth games to mot be a disaster. But its sorta just did good enough, i mean i can understand that. Lbp and persona 4 were great and the ports were great but to actually grab potential buyers games like gta and bioshock need to be taken more seriously for the vita

That would be cool. GOW: Ascension should've been a PS Vita game as well. I didn't see any reason for it to be on PS3 intsead to be honest with this generation coming to an end at that point and the Vita needing original titles.
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ms555
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] Indeed, what the Vita needs is huge 3rd Party exclusive brand names. While Killzone, Soul Sacrifice and Tearaway will be quality games, they're not moving any systems. They are 2nd tier games that supplement 1st tier games. Nintendo has that and Sony unfortunately doesn't.

That would be cool. GOW: Ascension should've been a PS Vita game as well. I didn't see any reason for it to be on PS3 intsead to be honest with this generation coming to an end at that point and the Vita needing original titles.

Vita will get its god of war game im sure. Im expecting vita to pretty much get the same treatment psp got . It will get its god of war and gta and killzone and ratchet n clank....., just like psp it already got its persona and lbp....and maybe before vita is through we will get another game like mgs peacewalker!
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="ms555"] I thnk vita needs an infamous game haha

Vita will get its god of war game im sure. Im expecting vita to pretty much get the same treatment psp got . It will get its god of war and gta and killzone and ratchet n clank....., just like psp it already got its persona and lbp....and maybe before vita is through we will get another game like mgs peacewalker!

I'd say the biggest problem facing the Vita is 3rd Parties cancelling projects they wanted to do for it. I know Sega wanted a Yakuza Vita game and Konami a MGS game on it at some point (not the HD Collection).
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ms555
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] That would be cool. GOW: Ascension should've been a PS Vita game as well. I didn't see any reason for it to be on PS3 intsead to be honest with this generation coming to an end at that point and the Vita needing original titles.

I'd say the biggest problem facing the Vita is 3rd Parties cancelling projects they wanted to do for it. I know Sega wanted a Yakuza Vita game and Konami a MGS game on it at some point (not the HD Collection).

Is the mgs game cancelled? Cus i remember the whispers of mgs on psp were way before mgs peacewalker was eventually announced. May be the same for vita
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="ms555"] Vita will get its god of war game im sure. Im expecting vita to pretty much get the same treatment psp got . It will get its god of war and gta and killzone and ratchet n clank....., just like psp it already got its persona and lbp....and maybe before vita is through we will get another game like mgs peacewalker!

Is the mgs game cancelled? Cus i remember the whispers of mgs on psp were way before mgs peacewalker was eventually announced. May be the same for vita

No, there's nothing on it. It's just one of those statements before a system launches where all the developers are all talking about the new hardware in interviews etc..and what franchises they like to bring to it.
coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#50 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
Buy buy buy. Great deal