PLAYSTATION Store V.S. XBOX LIVE Marketplace... [POLL]

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for black_chewbacca
black_chewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 0

#1 black_chewbacca
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts
So far, I think overall the Marketplace is alot better.

PLAYSTATION Store
Good:
Download speeds are...meh, Download sizes are very small (Around 500mb) You can downlaod psp games, nice layout.
Bad: Not a very big selection, you cant do anything else while downloading, once you cancel the download doesn't carry on where you left off.

XBOX LIVE Marketplace

Good: HUGE demo/trailer selection, download movies, TV shows, gamerpictures, themes, very quick download speeds, you can do other things while downloading (watch movie, play games) you can monitor the download percent from the guide button, you can carry off almost exactly where a download left off.
Bad: Download size for demos is huge (800-1,200mb) Some items overpriced, paying a dollar for a stupid gamer picture, very few movie companies support video marketplace leaving videos on there like "An Inconvenient Truth."

Wii marketplace?
Good:
You can download classic arcade games... Weather/NEWS channel... Create a Mii???
Bad: But they are VERY overpriced, downloads are long for larger items, no demos, no trailers, web browser is a joke, the Mii's look retarded, nothing to offer outside of classic games.
(In my opinion the Wii marketplace is a complete joke and is no comparison.)

jacjase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jacjase
Member since 2006 • 210 Posts
why even make a pole about this??? there are far more people with 360s than ps3s so obviously more would vote for live market place
ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts
I have both and I have to say that it is much easier to find things on PS Store, but maybe because there isn't much on it yet.  But I still vote PS Store.
DrkLrdofSth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DrkLrdofSth
Member since 2006 • 334 Posts
I have both and I have to say that it is much easier to find things on PS Store, but maybe because there isn't much on it yet.  But I still vote PS Store.ironwarrior2
Why would you do that knowing that when it comes to anything online xbox owns all... Im smelling fanboyism
ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts

[QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]I have both and I have to say that it is much easier to find things on PS Store, but maybe because there isn't much on it yet.  But I still vote PS Store.DrkLrdofSth
Why would you do that knowing that when it comes to anything online xbox owns all... Im smelling fanboyism

Xbox Live is better, but not $50 a year better.

BastardlyRhyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BastardlyRhyme
Member since 2005 • 1834 Posts
Xbox live is still the best, well worth $4.16 a month for a superior marketplace.
donut349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 donut349
Member since 2003 • 3951 Posts

[QUOTE="DrkLrdofSth"][QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]I have both and I have to say that it is much easier to find things on PS Store, but maybe because there isn't much on it yet. But I still vote PS Store.ironwarrior2

You get what you pay for....
DrkLrdofSth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DrkLrdofSth

[QUOTE="DrkLrdofSth"][QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]I have both and I have to say that it is much easier to find things on PS Store, but maybe because there isn't much on it yet.  But I still vote PS Store.ironwarrior2

[/QI] ITS NOT 50.00 for the past year its only been around 35.00 and besides it was well worth 50.00 a year and you know it to stop tryin to justify your comment using that argument. If you cant shell out that much money over a year then you are a poor little man
PS3_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PS3_FTW
Member since 2006 • 517 Posts
[QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]I have both and I have to say that it is much easier to find things on PS Store, but maybe because there isn't much on it yet.  But I still vote PS Store.DrkLrdofSth

And saying "Xbox owns all" isnt fanboyism?
DrkLrdofSth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DrkLrdofSth
[QUOTE="DrkLrdofSth"][QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]I have both and I have to say that it is much easier to find things on PS Store, but maybe because there isn't much on it yet.  But I still vote PS Store.PS3_FTW

Read it again.... when it comes to anything online.... xbox does own all.... the ps3 cant come close to online capability and neither does the wii
PS3_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PS3_FTW
Member since 2006 • 517 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3_FTW"][QUOTE="DrkLrdofSth"][QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]I have both and I have to say that it is much easier to find things on PS Store, but maybe because there isn't much on it yet.  But I still vote PS Store.DrkLrdofSth

Read it again.... when it comes to anything online.... xbox does own all.... the ps3 cant come close to online capability and neither does the wii

we all know wii doesnt, but ps3 does. 40 player multiplayer on RFOM
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
[QUOTE="PS3_FTW"] we all know wii doesnt, but ps3 does. 40 player multiplayer on RFOM

Wow you mean it! One whole game has descent online cpabilities on PSN, take that Xbox live!:roll:
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#13 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts
haven't seen the wii market, but ill take the xbox live market over that crappy web based thing sony has
DrkLrdofSth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DrkLrdofSth
[QUOTE="DrkLrdofSth"][QUOTE="PS3_FTW"][QUOTE="DrkLrdofSth"][QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]I have both and I have to say that it is much easier to find things on PS Store, but maybe because there isn't much on it yet.  But I still vote PS Store.PS3_FTW

A crappy online play on a crappy game on a crappy system
rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts
i wouldn't use any of them,  i prefer hard copies.  the hard copy seems safer,  and you can sell a used disk,  i dont think you'll be selling used downloads.  you can also buy used disks,  but you are going to pay full price for even old downloads.
freakout247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 freakout247
Member since 2004 • 843 Posts
Please tell me this is a joke... the Xbox Live Marketplace is the coolest thing since raccoons in a can
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#17 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="DrkLrdofSth"][QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]I have both and I have to say that it is much easier to find things on PS Store, but maybe because there isn't much on it yet.  But I still vote PS Store.ironwarrior2

You don't have to pay to use XBL marketplace. It's free with a Silver account.

I also vote for XBL Marketplace.

mido275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mido275
Member since 2005 • 256 Posts

PLAYSTATION Store
Good:
Download speeds are...meh, Download sizes are very small (Around 500mb) You can downlaod psp games, nice layout.
Bad: Not a very big selection, you cant do anything else while downloading, once you cancel the download doesn't carry on where you left off.

XBOX LIVE Marketplace

Good: HUGE demo/trailer selection, download movies, TV shows, gamerpictures, themes, very quick download speeds, you can do other things while downloading (watch movie, play games) you can monitor the download percent from the guide button, you can carry off almost exactly where a download left off.
Bad: Download size for demos is huge (800-1,200mb) Some items overpriced, paying a dollar for a stupid gamer picture, very few movie companies support video marketplace leaving videos on there like "An Inconvenient Truth."

Wii marketplace?
Good:
You can download classic arcade games... Weather/NEWS channel... Create a Mii???
Bad: But they are VERY overpriced, downloads are long for larger items, no demos, no trailers, web browser is a joke, the Mii's look retarded, nothing to offer outside of classic games.

black_chewbacca
This comparison is unfair, when xbox market place first came out it wasnt that good. they have been adding stuff to it for one year now. So cant u just wait for the ps store to grow up.
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
[QUOTE="black_chewbacca"]So far, I think overall the Marketplace is alot better.

PLAYSTATION Store
Good:

XBOX LIVE Marketplace

Wii marketplace?
Good:

mido275
This comparison is unfair, when xbox market place first came out it wasnt that good. they have been adding stuff to it for one year now. So cant u just wait for the ps store to grow up.

it still had more than the PS3 marketplace

and yeah when the 360 first came out there was no background DLing
Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts

PLAYSTATION Store
Good:

XBOX LIVE Marketplace

Wii marketplace?
Good:

black_chewbacca

4 yrs vs 4 months..............really intelligent thread!

DrkLrdofSth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DrkLrdofSth

[QUOTE="black_chewbacca"]So far, I think overall the Marketplace is alot better.

PLAYSTATION Store
Good:

XBOX LIVE Marketplace

Wii marketplace?
Good:

Ericvon71

4 yrs vs 4 months..............really intelligent thread!

^^^^ Thinks that with 4 extra years sony could do something better.... really intelligent post
jd7-03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 jd7-03
Member since 2003 • 6140 Posts
There is no comparison, the XBOX 360 marketplace is so much better, I'm not even going to waste my time and list the reasons.
Brutal01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Brutal01
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
how do you post polls?
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cakeorrdeath
Why does it matter how long they have all been going?

It's not Microsofts fault that Sony and Nintendo were late to the game.
SwedBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SwedBear
Member since 2003 • 84 Posts
I finally got my import PS3 (whohooo!) and am hooked up the the US Playstation Store. So far I'm not impressed with it. It's quite sluggish for me but that's something I of course attribute to conencting from Sweden to the US servers so it will get better. But it still feels more of a website than a GUI made for the console. I guess it is meant to be usable with a mouse hooked up but I don't like to steer the cursor with the controller, regardless if I use the analog stick or the D-pad. It has a ok layout and I think that MS can learn from it. It still takes a bit to many button presses in Live to find what you want. Sony will continue improving but until they offer stuff like downloads in the back not to mention unified friendslist for all games and chat with/message people while playing different games I still think XBL will be on top. As for the arguments that you cannot compare a 4 year service with a 4 month service. First of all - the PS2 had an online service. So Sony has had way more than 4 months to work on it. Also - people buying the machines today will compare the services. No-one cares which one has been around longer. They just want to know what is best available today. I'm sure Sony will continue improving the service but so will MS. It's not like MS will stop and wait until Sony catches up. The whole unified XBL experience in my view still is miles above Sony's service which I still think lacks the complete experience I get from XBL.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cakeorrdeath
No-one cares which one has been around longer. They just want to know what is best available today. I'm sure Sony will continue improving the service but so will MS. It's not like MS will stop and wait until Sony catches up. SwedBear

Exactly. I don't see why everyone thinks we should compare things based on how long they have been in operation.

I want the best products and services. I don't care whether one company has had more time.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
You opinions on the Wii store are extremely baised. The games are only over priced if you think that downloading ROMs for free is good. The Wii online service is continually expanding and getting better. It may not be on par with XBL, but then again, it is a gaming console, not a PC wannabe.

That is the major problem with game consoles these days, everyone wants them to be computers. And everyone is making them computers. If I want a computer, I will use my computer, I want a Wii to play fun games.

Oh, and $8 for Super Metroid is not overpriced. I would easily pay full retail to get my hands on a brand new copy of that game.
shaggygrosser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shaggygrosser
Member since 2003 • 5871 Posts
I was able to download the Sarah Silverman Program pilot off of XBL for free this weekend. 
F ING SWEET.

Add in the GRAW2 demo, Crackdown demo, and XBL beats PS store like a stepchild easily.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts
Is this even debateable? Xbox Live marketplace, easily.
Huff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Huff
Member since 2003 • 2132 Posts

[QUOTE="DrkLrdofSth"][QUOTE="PS3_FTW"][QUOTE="DrkLrdofSth"][QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]I have both and I have to say that it is much easier to find things on PS Store, but maybe because there isn't much on it yet.  But I still vote PS Store.PS3_FTW

Spawn and die 40 person fragfest FTW!:roll:

*btw xbox live gets my vote.  psn isn't even in the same league.

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#31 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

Only cows would vote for PSN.

XBL gets demos that PSN doesn't get (GRAW2, NBA Street, etc), movies/TV shows, and you can download and play games at the same.

Don't give me BS about PSN only being up for a few months. Sony should have copied XBL. Sony has definitely had the time to do so.

shaggymcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 shaggymcp
Member since 2003 • 2896 Posts
As a PS3 and a Xbox 360 owner, I can say hands down XBL period.  And the wii should not even be up there, cause Wii online is A total joke :lol: weather thats ALWAYS out of date, news that takes for ever to load, and download speeds that make you want to toss the wii out your window. :lol:
Huff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Huff
As a PS3 and a Xbox 360 owner, I can say hands down XBL period.  And the wii should not even be up there, cause Wii online is A total joke :lol: weather thats ALWAYS out of date, news that takes for ever to load, and download speeds that make you want to toss the wii out your window. :lol:shaggymcp
agreed, I could probably go to the store and buy a game in the time it would take to download it on my wii.
rabbidcrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rabbidcrazy
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts
How many of you voting have actually even gone to the Playstation store??? Maybe 5%?... thought so.
Huff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Huff
How many of you voting have actually even gone to the Playstation store??? Maybe 5%?... thought so.rabbidcrazy
I have
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
How many of you voting have actually even gone to the Playstation store??? Maybe 5%?... thought so.rabbidcrazy
I have....and it can't compete with Xbox Live Marketplace or the Wii Virtual Console.
OpticalCanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 OpticalCanine
Member since 2006 • 1938 Posts
[QUOTE="DrkLrdofSth"][QUOTE="PS3_FTW"][QUOTE="DrkLrdofSth"][QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]I have both and I have to say that it is much easier to find things on PS Store, but maybe because there isn't much on it yet. But I still vote PS Store.PS3_FTW

doesnt say much for online when they can have 40 players but cant make it entertaining.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
[QUOTE="DrkLrdofSth"][QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]I have both and I have to say that it is much easier to find things on PS Store, but maybe because there isn't much on it yet. But I still vote PS Store.PS3_FTW

Not to be rude, but seems a name like "PS3_FTW" is loaded with fanboyism. Lots of kitchenware doing name calling here, lol.

And to be fair, this poll should have been done a year later to give both PS3 and Wii a chance to build their online roster.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#39 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
To those who answered PSN... have you even tried Microsoft's Marketplace? It's much, much better on every conceivable level. If you have tried it, tell me what your justification is. PSN is a simple webpage, nothing more. How can you like that better? I don't get it.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#40 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

I was at my friend's house when he downloaded an HD trailer and GT: HD.

We had to watch ESPN while downloading.

Huff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Huff
To those who answered PSN... have you even tried Microsoft's Marketplace? It's much, much better on every conceivable level. If you have tried it, tell me what your justification is. PSN is a simple webpage, nothing more. How can you like that better? I don't get it. donalbane
I don't think people who are objective can say PSN is better right now.  The only people who might think its better are cheap a$$es who don't want to pay 50 a year.  I'm not saying it doesn't have the potential to get better, but as of now I agree with you, I just don't get it.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 donalbane

[QUOTE="PS3_FTW"][QUOTE="DrkLrdofSth"][QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]I have both and I have to say that it is much easier to find things on PS Store, but maybe because there isn't much on it yet. But I still vote PS Store.AdobeArtist

Not to be rude, but seems a name like "PS3_FTW" is loaded with fanboyism. Lots of kitchenware doing name calling here, lol.

And to be fair, this poll should have been done a year later to give both PS3 and Wii a chance to build their online roster.

Even if you compare the current Wii and PS3 services to the condition Marketplace was in when it launched a year ago, Microsoft's service still trounces the compettion by a wide maragin. This isn't fanboyism... it's just a much more streamlined, robust service, and has been since day one.

Plus, even if you are cheap, most of the Marketplace services are still available to Silver members for free, are they not?  I know MS has started releasing a few pieces of content earlier for paying Gold members (like the woderful GRAW 2 demo last week,) but most of the content doesn't require anyone to pay for Gold, so that argument doesn't really hold water.  

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
I think the TC is talking about the MARKETPLACE and PS STORE. On the market place there are movies, music videos, tv shows, viral videos, demos and arcade games. The PS store has the Motorstorm and the GTHD demo.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 donalbane

PLAYSTATION Store
Good:

XBOX LIVE Marketplace

Wii marketplace?
Good:

black_chewbacca
You think the Wii browser is a joke? I have all 3 (and yes, the 360 does have a browser if you have a media center of Vista PC) and honestly, aside from the low resolution, the Wii browser is my personal favorite. The Wiimote is a better text input device, (unless you have a wireless mouse/keyboard plugged into your PS3, that is. I don't, so I prefer the Wii for browsing.)
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#45 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

PLAYSTATION Store
Good:

XBOX LIVE Marketplace

Wii marketplace?
Good:

black_chewbacca
Long load times for Wii downloads? Your kidding right? It takes me literally 20 seconds to download an older game from the VC, where as with the 360 it takes me an hour and a half or so just to download a demo
Driftwood111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Driftwood111
Member since 2005 • 577 Posts
What I do not understand is Ps3 Fans claim that with the Ps3 You get what you pay for.. (They obviously believe it is superior) Yet, when it comes to Xbox Live they complain about the $4 a month fee.. and everyone knows XBL is superior so arent you just getting what you pay for Ps3 fans? as you should know.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 donalbane

PLAYSTATION Store
Good:

XBOX LIVE Marketplace

Wii marketplace?
Good:

REVOLUTIONfreak
Long load times for Wii downloads? Your kidding right? It takes me literally 20 seconds to download an older game from the VC, where as with the 360 it takes me an hour and a half or so just to download a demo

Maybe he's got network congestion from electronics devices like microwaves or cell phones. VC games download faster for me also.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 donalbane

PLAYSTATION Store
Good:

XBOX LIVE Marketplace

Wii marketplace?
Good:

REVOLUTIONfreak

Maybe he's got network congestion from electronics devices like microwaves or cell phones. VC games download faster for me also.
Sir_Marwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sir_Marwin
Member since 2006 • 9734 Posts
Xbox Live Marketplace gets my vote :D
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
XBLM is better, because it's free on Silver accounts and anyone can use it. Though it's better, but I also find it bad because of microtransactions.... :x