PlayStation PC games will support PSN features like trophies, friends list, cross play and more!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45133 Posts

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/playstation-is-officially-bringing-trophies-to-pc/

The PC version of Ghost of Tsushima will have trophy support, a first for PlayStation‘s PC titles.

Players who sign in to their PSN accounts on PC will be able to earn Trophies. The list of trophies is the same as the PS5 version of the game, but it’s not clear if the list will be treated as separate from the PS5 version, as is the case with games that have both a PS4 and PS5 version.

The game will be released on PC on May 16. A new PlayStation PC overlay will also debut with the release of Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut.

“Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut is the first PlayStation title on PC that uses a new PlayStation overlay, which includes your Friends list, Trophies, Settings, and your Profile,” explainedNixxes Software‘s Julian Huijbregts.

“This feature is available on Windows PCs and will be accessible from the in-game menu or, for keyboard players, by pressing the “SHIFT +F1” shortcut on your keyboard.”

“While playing the game, you can earn PlayStation Trophies just like on PlayStation consoles. Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut on PC shares the same Trophy set as the game on PlayStation 5 consoles. In addition, the PC version also has full support for Achievements on Steam and the Epic Games Store.

“To make use of features like Trophies, Friends list, and cross-play, you can sign in with your existing account for PlayStation Network or create a new account. The use of PlayStation overlay is optional for both the single player experience and Legends mode.”

Thoughts, SW? Are you excited for these features? Do you think this is the start of a PlayStation PC store possibly? Maybe we get cross buy some day?

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17429 Posts

More evidence of the commitment Sony is making to putting titles on PC.

We will certainly have day and date pretty soon.

I do like earning trophies so im looking forward to this.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3028 Posts

Nice!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44210 Posts

Gee, you’d almost think that Sony was looking to expand beyond the PlayStation. 🤔😅

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38891 Posts

Thanks **** crossplay is slowly becoming the norm. Its so damn important in every single game with a multiplayer.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56131 Posts

The day Sony puts their games on PC day 1 is the day buying a PlayStation console stops making sense and this is mainly towards PC players. PlayStation consoles will still be around for those who don't like gaming on PC.

As for add-on trophies for PC, I hope they retroactively add them to older Sony games that are already on PC too.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1257 Posts

"playstation first party will never go to pc"

Every cow getting shat on by Sony with that narrative,....the damage control flip flops by saps to defend their beloved company has been glorious 🤣😂🤣😂

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8237 Posts

Trying to catch up to MS on this front

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46328 Posts

@Mozelleple112 really wanted this :)

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44087 Posts

Whelp, now mah BS Jive is completely useless. And Phony, if you think you can sell me on a new BS Jive Bro...

You can go pound sand. lol :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#11 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69532 Posts

Good to see Xbox leading the way for more console games on PC.🙃

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5887 Posts

All systems go for Sony going all in on pc

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45133 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Whelp, now mah BS Jive is completely useless. And Phony, if you think you can sell me on a new BS Jive Bro...

Well by your own logic, Xbox was useless years ago lol

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44087 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@SecretPolice said:

Well by your own logic, Xbox was useless years ago lol

You and your ilk have been saying that nonstop for the last decade or mooaar so you and your ilk should be shouting to the rafters now saying the same about the BS Jive and the new BS Jive Bro. Amright? ;o

I'm sure that'll be happening any minute now. lolol :P

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts

For me personally...meh. I couldn't care less about trophies/achievements. A silly addition to games since their inception.

Is it a prelude to a Playstation store on the PC? Certainly a very strong possibility. If they released a PS store on the PC with old PS games (the GOG of PS type service) and current PS games, it could be quite interesting. I don't think Sony are thrilled with coughing up 30% of their sales revenue to Valve so I could see them testing the waters with their own store instead.

...Hell maybe they could buy GOG off CDPR and set that up as their base. Would be a relatively strong place to launch from. Legal copies of DRM free old PS games (they may as well at this point :P) running on good emulators with a simple setup + new games from 3rd parties + Sonys own games excluive to that store too.

The downside of this, depending on how you see it, is I can also seem them pulling Steam releases and possibly start 3rd party exclusive shenanigans in order to draw more people to their store (FF7 Rebirth on PC: Exclusive to the PSPC store for example).

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44570 Posts

They left out cross system entitlements.

Loading Video...

Sony somehow got it in their head that their fans love to double dip.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6888 Posts

Sony is on the path to being first place platform holder to a 6th place 3rd party publisher 🤣🤣.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8096 Posts

I still need to finish Spiderman and pick up Horizon 2 but i definitely appreciate the additional features being implemented for Ghosts of Tsushima (i'll be eventually buying that too)..

glad to see the PlayStation continuing to follow Xbox's lead on PC support.. 👍

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

I assumed they would.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16542 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: wow, they're finally dipping their toes in to the waters...they have a long way to go to catch up to the big MS.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Well **** yeah!!! Glad you noticed lol and even more glad SONY noticed. This is exactly what I wanted. I hope Sony will (over time) retroactively add this to all their PC games. The list is quite huge now actually. HZD, HFW, GoT, TLOU1, GOW, R&C, Days Gone, Death Stranding, Helldivers 2, Returnal, Spiderman 1, Miles Morales etc. etc.

Trophies, crossplay, friendslist etc (something I spent 15 years building lol) coming to PC games whooo.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@navyguy21: Agreed. Trophies are IMO the best achievements out there. Out of Xbox Gamerscore, Steam achievements, EGS achievements etc. I think PSN's trophies are superior.

I know it isn't always the case but generally: Bronze (easy), silver (normal), Gold (hard) and a shiny pling of a Platinum when all unlocked is the most satisfying of the bunch.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12986 Posts

For me:

1. Achievements
  2. Trophies
  3. Steam Achievements

Never used EGS.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56131 Posts

@kvallyx: They're basically one in the same in my eyes. Either way, I enjoy getting them mainly for SP only. If its MP, I ain't doing them.