Playstation brand loyalty is pretty powerful!!!!! Kind of scary if you ask me!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iceberg_shorty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 iceberg_shorty
Member since 2006 • 1843 Posts

Despite the delayed multiplats, lost exclusives, and expensive retail price casuals will still buy the ps3 based on brand loyalty alone!  There is no stopping them, I know it, you know it!  It's the Playstation Skills Challenge people, not xbox not Nintendo but Playstation.

All jokes aside I am not a fanboy, nor am I saying the ps3 will win this generation on console sales I'm merely stating the facts.  Let's not forget the ps3 console sales at this point in it's lifespan is killing the amount of consoles the ps2(7th gen champ w/ 100 mill. consoles sold) sold at this point of it's lifespan.  That is why I am a potential future ps3 owner at this point.  Times can change, but saying the ps3 is already dead is just blasphemy!

hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
Nintendo brand name was powerful, before the psx came along.
RAZZY_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RAZZY_B
Member since 2005 • 1709 Posts
I tottaly agree with you, if Sony does real well, then i MIGHT consider getting one later on, If i can fork over that kinda money that is.
Davis092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Davis092
Member since 2006 • 1449 Posts
Not a Fanboy? Says the guy with a GTA Avatar...
RAZZY_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RAZZY_B
Member since 2005 • 1709 Posts

Not a Fanboy? Says the guy with a GTA Avatar...Davis092

umm GTA was on Xbox annd ps2

:?

ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts
While I agree that the PS3 will still win, it will lose many costumers to the X360 this gen.  It won't sell 100 mil, more like 50-60 mil.   X360 will sell 30-40 mil, Wii 20-30 mil.
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts
The brand loyalty was so powerful, Sony dominated the handheld market with it.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

Despite the delayed multiplats, lost exclusives, and expensive retail price casuals will still buy the ps3 based on brand loyalty alone! There is no stopping them, I know it, you know it! It's the Playstation Skills Challenge people, not xbox not Nintendo but Playstation.

All jokes aside I am not a fanboy, nor am I saying the ps3 will win this generation on console sales I'm merely stating the facts. Let's not forget the ps3 console sales at this point in it's lifespan is killing the amount of consoles the ps2(7th gen champ w/ 100 mill. consoles sold) sold at this point of it's lifespan. That is why I am a potential future ps3 owner at this point. Times can change, but saying the ps3 is already dead is just blasphemy!

iceberg_shorty
Riiiiight. Then why arnt these "casuals" purchasing the PS3's sitting on the store shelves?
ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts

The brand loyalty was so powerful, Sony dominated the handheld market with it.

fatzombiepigeon

Sony fans don't play with handhelds, that's mostly for kids

DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts
Playstation and Nintendo are household names; but the 'Xbox' is catching on pretty quick.
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts
The brand loyalty was so powerful, Sony dominated the handheld market with it.fatzombiepigeon
The PSP still sells a lot. And he already said his comment is not about dominating.
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

judging from the 10 million console lead the 360 has over the ps3, it looks like playstation brand loyalty really only applies to the resident fanboys....

the casuals buy with their wallets not with their loyalty... ;)

xbox3604lyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xbox3604lyf
Member since 2006 • 792 Posts

[QUOTE="Davis092"]Not a Fanboy? Says the guy with a GTA Avatar...RAZZY_B

pc too :)
iceberg_shorty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 iceberg_shorty

I admit I love to bash the current "King of Consoles"(Playstation) too, but we have to think logically here people!

Davis092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Davis092
Member since 2006 • 1449 Posts
[QUOTE="RAZZY_B"]

[QUOTE="Davis092"]Not a Fanboy? Says the guy with a GTA Avatar...xbox3604lyf

pc too :)

Yes but n00b cows are like "We have teh GTA" so I base it off that.
DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts

judging from the 10 million console lead the 360 has over the ps3, it looks like playstation brand loyalty really only applies to the resident fanboys....tango90101

I'm sure that has nothing to do with the 360's 1 yr. head start.  :roll:

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
The reason why sony makes most of its money is because when poeple think about purchasing products they buy according the brand name. Console- Sony, Handheld - nintendo and pc -M$.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

I admit I love to bash the current "King of Consoles"(Playstation) too, but we have to think logically here people!

iceberg_shorty
uhh...look at the sales of the ps3....it is by no means the "King of Consoles". Sony got knocked off of their throne as soon as they had that horrible launch.
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts
[QUOTE="tango90101"]

judging from the 10 million console lead the 360 has over the ps3, it looks like playstation brand loyalty really only applies to the resident fanboys....DementedDragon

I'm sure that has nothing to do with the 360's 1 yr. head start.  :roll:

from all the promises of how, "the ps3 will crush the 360's sales when it launches" from all the cows over the last year, it shouldn't be an issue... especially with the "brand loyalty" thing..

or maybe it's the $600 price tag... oh wait... that counters the "brand loyatly" thing...

either way..  the ps3 is failing..HUGELY...;)

Sir_Graham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Sir_Graham
Member since 2002 • 3983 Posts

While I agree that the PS3 will still win, it will lose many costumers to the X360 this gen.  It won't sell 100 mil, more like 50-60 mil.   X360 will sell 30-40 mil, Wii 20-30 mil.ironwarrior2

I think it will loose many more customers to the Wii. Just look at how well it's selling Japan, it's riding the DS's success there. In the US it is MS taking it's sales for sure though. The Wii has sold about 5 million already so I doubt it will only reach 20-30 over the next 4-5 years. I had been trying to buy one for weeks and only just got it today because it's still sold out everywhere.

iceberg_shorty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 iceberg_shorty
[QUOTE="iceberg_shorty"]

Shinobishyguy

uhh...look at the sales of the ps3....it is by no means the "King of Consoles". Sony got knocked off of their throne as soon as they had that horrible launch.

Come on now we you know what I'm talking about, hell the wii could sell only 16 million consoles this gen, 360 20 million, and ps3 30 million, or vice versa.  Also since when does a consoles launch determine how many console sales it will have throughout it's 5-8 year lifespan?

TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
chezzy360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chezzy360
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I know, I don't understand it.

Real gamers choose the system with the games that are fun, they don't worry about which company gets their money.

IMO gamers should just get the 360 and or wii right now and play the great games that are available while they wait for sony to get a good lineup of games on their ps3.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="iceberg_shorty"]

iceberg_shorty

Come on now we you know what I'm talking about, hell the wii could sell only 16 million consoles this gen, 360 20 million, and ps3 30 million, or vice versa.  Also since when does a consoles launch determine how many console sales it will have throughout it's 5-8 year lifespan?

I'm talking about currently. RIGHT NOW..the ps3 isn't king. That could reverse itself....but for now, I have gloating rights *gloat gloat gloat gloat gloat gloat gloat*
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
While I agree that the PS3 will still win, it will lose many costumers to the X360 this gen.  It won't sell 100 mil, more like 50-60 mil.   X360 will sell 30-40 mil, Wii 20-30 mil.ironwarrior2
Hmmm maybe
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
I think people are think brand loyalty is more powerful than it really is. Brand loyalty is always a bonus, but did the Playstation name help the PSP as much as it was anticipated to?
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#27 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
Brand loyalty is a cow illusion. Where was the brand loyalty with the PSP? Almost every PS2 owner I know - bought the PS2 for Madden, and Madden alone. They are called casuals - and casuals are not loyal to any particular brand. They're flaky - thus, casual.
liljon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 liljon546
Member since 2005 • 2301 Posts
Last place says no.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
Nintendo brand name was powerful, before the psx came along.hyruledweller
Sega Genesis was beating Nintendo SNES. I still believe this day that Sega won that gen.
iceberg_shorty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 iceberg_shorty

Brand loyalty is a cow illusion. Where was the brand loyalty with the PSP? Almost every PS2 owner I know - bought the PS2 for Madden, and Madden alone. They are called casuals - and casuals are not loyal to any particular brand. They're flaky - thus, casual.HeedleGlavin

By your logic the same could be said about Nintendo.  Tell me where was the brand loyalty with the N64 and GC? 

nytrospawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nytrospawn
Member since 2003 • 3962 Posts

[QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]The brand loyalty was so powerful, Sony dominated the handheld market with it.

ironwarrior2

Sony fans don't play with handhelds, that's mostly for kids

You havent seen the marketing solicitations for the PSP then.
johncraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 johncraven
Member since 2006 • 1232 Posts
did you infer all that just from watching the name playstation during the NBA all-stars skills challenge? -_-
psyko7144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 psyko7144
Member since 2005 • 632 Posts
The Wii is almost to where you say it will be. So I guess in two years nobody will buy it anymore. The Wii will sell 50 million easily. Its on pace to sell 20 million its first year like the DS did.
mcpepperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mcpepperson
Member since 2005 • 101 Posts

LMAO hahahahahahahhahahahahah yeah..hahahahahhahahhahahahahahah
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
Brand loyalty can be strong, but if the company does something that the customers see as bad, they'll turn against that brand loyalty. We've already seen Sony throw out many lies and that has turned some people away already. Another factor is the price. If the price is too high and there is a viable, cheaper alternate, then most people will go with the alternate. PS3 will sell quite a bit due to the brand loyalty and the games coming out for it, but it will not dominate like it did the last two gens and actually has a chance of falling into last place. I really doubt it will end up on top this gen.
kromatic_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kromatic_basic
Member since 2002 • 50 Posts
[QUOTE="DementedDragon"][QUOTE="tango90101"]

judging from the 10 million console lead the 360 has over the ps3, it looks like playstation brand loyalty really only applies to the resident fanboys....tango90101

I'm sure that has nothing to do with the 360's 1 yr. head start. :roll:

from all the promises of how, "the ps3 will crush the 360's sales when it launches" from all the cows over the last year, it shouldn't be an issue... especially with the "brand loyalty" thing..

or maybe it's the $600 price tag... oh wait... that counters the "brand loyatly" thing...

either way.. the ps3 is failing..HUGELY...;)

True Story!
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#37 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
[QUOTE="tango90101"]

judging from the 10 million console lead the 360 has over the ps3, it looks like playstation brand loyalty really only applies to the resident fanboys....DementedDragon

I'm sure that has nothing to do with the 360's 1 yr. head start. :roll:

And that has nothing to do with the PS3 having an extra year of development to have a "fantastic" launch with sold out shipments across the globe...

Oh wait, that didn't happen, my bad.
TheOneMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 TheOneMan
Member since 2006 • 2952 Posts
The brand loyalty was so powerful, Sony dominated the handheld market with it.fatzombiepigeon
I'm glad someone finally realized this.  People said Sony was the underdog in the handheld wars, but wasn't it Sony with all the 3rd party support, a handheld with the power of a PS2, AND media capabilities...?
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
Chalk another vote for loyalty for me. I went with the original PlayStation. Really wanted a PS2 badly but received the Xbox as a gift. And I'm right back on the Sony bandwagon with a new PS3 purchase. I think there's subliminal messaging somewhere ;)
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#40 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts

[QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"]Brand loyalty is a cow illusion. Where was the brand loyalty with the PSP? Almost every PS2 owner I know - bought the PS2 for Madden, and Madden alone. They are called casuals - and casuals are not loyal to any particular brand. They're flaky - thus, casual.iceberg_shorty

By your logic the same could be said about Nintendo.  Tell me where was the brand loyalty with the N64 and GC? 

Uh. Thanks for making my point for me, smart guy. :| Exactly my point. Brand loyalty is an illusion.
aceReborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 aceReborn
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts
Brandloyalty is strong (especially among casuals) and Sony knows and counted on it a lot this generation. If ps3 (hardware, price, release date, software support etc) was an MS console, it would flop 3do style. If 360 was a Sony console, the success would have been enormous. To be honest, I kind of wished the 360 was a Sonys product, but now I have to give credit to MS.
SumerianDaemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42 SumerianDaemon
Member since 2006 • 868 Posts
PS3 to lose this battle is as possible as for the sun not to rise tommorrow morning.