Playstation 3 is the worst choice. AVOID!!

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for stopitandtidyup
stopitandtidyup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 stopitandtidyup
Member since 2007 • 758 Posts
  • Difficult to budget for compared to two lower priced platforms.
  • Frequent delays and remodels. Fluctuating price point.
  • God of War 3 and Final Fantasy XIII not available until 2009.
  • No Playstation Exclusives that have scored above 8.5 on Gamespot.
  • No AAA exclusives when all reviews are averaged out on Gamerankings.
  • The only platform not to win a Special Achievements Award in 2007.
  • The only platform not to win a Genre Award in 2007.
  • Multiplatform games such as Orange Box inferior on PS3 due to hardware.
  • Poor sales and high development costs for developers cripple future third party development.
  • Future multiplatform games such as Puzzle Quest available/announced for every platform except Playstation 3.
  • Bluray and HD-DVD both won most useless technology of 2007 at CNET.
  • The third console curse that has never failed to strike.

Discuss.
darbyshireandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 darbyshireandy
Member since 2004 • 659 Posts
*goes to sell ps3*.......no wait ill give it away lol
james28893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 james28893
Member since 2007 • 3252 Posts
Still for the hardcore gamer there is more on the ps3 than the Wii.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#4 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Well, I suppose I would ask you what you're getting at here.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 musicalmac  Moderator
*goes to sell ps3*.......no wait ill give it away loldarbyshireandy
Here. Give it to me. I know what to do with this. *musicalmac plugs it into his tv, begins playing on his new PS3 :D
stopitandtidyup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 stopitandtidyup

Still for the hardcore gamer there is more on the ps3 than the Wii.james28893

Choose between the Wii or the 360. Two distinctly different consoles, one American and the other Japanese. Both attracting different parts of the market.

Why does the industry even need a third Sony platform?

darbyshireandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darbyshireandy
[QUOTE="darbyshireandy"]*goes to sell ps3*.......no wait ill give it away lolmusicalmac
Here. Give it to me. I know what to do with this. *musicalmac plugs it into his tv, begins playing on his new PS3 :D

sorry had 2 seconds to think so ill keep my sweet ps3
james28893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 james28893
Member since 2007 • 3252 Posts

[QUOTE="james28893"]Still for the hardcore gamer there is more on the ps3 than the Wii.stopitandtidyup

Choose between the Wii or the 360.

I have a 360.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="darbyshireandy"]*goes to sell ps3*.......no wait ill give it away loldarbyshireandy

sorry had 2 seconds to think so ill keep my sweet ps3

Am :cry: I still have yet to figure out what the real point is the TC is getting at. If it's "Don't get a PS3", then that's fine, albeit boring.
stopitandtidyup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stopitandtidyup
[QUOTE="stopitandtidyup"]

[QUOTE="james28893"]Still for the hardcore gamer there is more on the ps3 than the Wii.james28893

Choose between the Wii or the 360.

I have a 360.

Cool. That's awesome. :)

I have a Wii and a DS. I prefer PC for my hardcore gaming needs.

darbyshireandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darbyshireandy
Am :cry: I still have yet to figure out what the real point is the TC is getting at. If it's "Don't get a PS3", then that's fine, albeit boring.

i know i do so pitty fanboys i think its sad:(
rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts
I disagree with you, but that is what opinions are I guess. Just wondering why you feel compelled to go on a forum and preach bad about a system you dont own? Also your CNET report about Blu and HD is biased as MS are partners with CNET and MS has a lot of interest in getting both of these formats to lose. DIDnt Warhawk score 8.5 so thats above 8.0. Multiplats are getting better depending on dev, look at Assassins Creed and COD4. Uncharted shoul've won console graphics and wasnt even nominated which makes the whole thing a joke. 360 has had a lot of remodels aswell dont forget that. "HDMI isnt needed", "HDMI is the future, lets put it in the new 360's"
Gaara79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gaara79
Member since 2005 • 4476 Posts

Actually it's a good system with a lot of good games. Especially if it's your only current gen system.

And the GS awards this year are BS. Uncharted should have been nominated in a bunch of categories but was snubbed for some reason.

It really is one of the best games of the year. And the best exclusive on PS3 IMO.

stopitandtidyup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 stopitandtidyup

i know i do so pitty fanboys i think its sad:(darbyshireandy

I'm not being a "fanboy" because I am supporting all gaming platforms. Minus the weakest link platform with an unsubstantiated degree of popularity.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
  • Difficult to budget for compared to two lower priced platforms.Cheaper than the 360 for what I need.
  • Frequent delays.It released , it is here , it exists !
  • God of War 3 and Final Fantasy XIII not available until 2009.Good news , don't need a cluster****
  • No Playstation Exclusives that have scored above 8.0 on Gamespot.False.
  • No AAA exclusives when all reviews are averaged out on Gamerankings.Close enough.
  • The only platform not to win a Special Achievements Award in 2007.I wouldn't base my purchases on Gamespot awards.
  • The only platform not to win a Genre Award in 2007.see above.
  • Multiplatform games such as Orange Box inferior on PS3 due to hardware.Andit has somesuperior ones . Tiger Woo !
  • Poor sales and high development costs for developers cripple future third party development.Not true.
  • Future multiplatform games such as Puzzle Quest available/announced for every platform except Playstation 3.Missed oppurtunity on their part. I would imagine that it comes to PSN at some point.
  • The third console curse that has never failed to strike. No such thing as a curse. Get outta here with that mumbo jumbo.

Discuss.
stopitandtidyup

Not much to discuss ...... just simple replys is all that is needed.

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

way ahead of you... the ps3 will never enter my home... :)

stopitandtidyup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 stopitandtidyup

Bu.. bu... teh awards don't matter! :cry:
Bu.. bu... teh no AAA's doesn't matter! :cry:

Oh please. Playstation 3 is the worst gaming platform from Sony ever. It's the weakest contender this generation. It is the worst choice for a gaming platform right as of this moment. Make it your third console choice.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
  • Difficult to budget for compared to two lower priced platforms.
  • Frequent delays and remodels. Fluctuating price point.
  • God of War 3 and Final Fantasy XIII not available until 2009.
  • No Playstation Exclusives that have scored above 8.0 on Gamespot.
  • No AAA exclusives when all reviews are averaged out on Gamerankings.
  • The only platform not to win a Special Achievements Award in 2007.
  • The only platform not to win a Genre Award in 2007.
  • Poor sales and high development costs for developers cripple future third party development.
  • Future multiplatform games such as Puzzle Quest available/announced for every platform except Playstation 3.
  • The third console curse that has never failed to strike.

Discuss.stopitandtidyup

What an absurd way to make a purchase choice. The ONLY point TC got right was the expense of the PS3 making it a more difficult purchase for the average consumer. Though that gap has shortened since launch. But seriously. Going by publication and commitee awards? The average consumer doesn't care about that.

The "only GS score counts" is only valid on these boards for the purposes of flops and ownage, nothing else. The real world doesn't operate by this. And even if the system is last place in market share, that shouldn't matter to a gamer as long as they are getting enjoyment out of it. I'm sure Gamecube owners can attest to this.

And there ARE a few good games (even if not AAA, still enjoyable) to play before GoW3 and FF 13 release, including Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, and Ratchet.

PS3 may not be doing well in the market but the picture TC paints is ridiculously removed from reality, and even I being an X360 gamer can see that.

DarkCloud79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DarkCloud79
Member since 2006 • 997 Posts
I almost tought that this was factual information, and you where predicting the sure doom of PS3, but then I saw this:
And then I realized that in you're blind fanboy rage you even failed to correctly copy "GS's list of bad things about PS3".
XanderZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 XanderZane
Member since 2006 • 5174 Posts
Well, I'm keeping my PS3. I could care less about MGS4 & KZ2, but I do want to play games like FF XII, White Knight, Hot Shots Golf 5, Heavenly Sword, Resistance, Motorstorm, Uncharted and several other exclusive games that will be worth my time and money. Yes, the PS3 doesn't have as many quality games as the XBox 360 yet, but there are definitely a few available now that I can play.
stopitandtidyup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 stopitandtidyup
I almost tought that this was factual information, and you where predicting the sure doom of PS3, but then I saw this:

And then I realized that in you're blind fanboy rage you even failed to correctly copy "GS's list of bad things about PS3".
DarkCloud79

1. Fact. You cannot walk into a store and purchase a game exclusive to the Playstation 3 that has scored above 8.0 on Gamespot.
  2. Fact. Playstation 3 is the only platform without AAA exclusives when all the reviews are averaged out.

Bu.. bu... games don't matter! :cry:

360wishlist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 360wishlist
Member since 2006 • 331 Posts
How can one say to choose between the wii and 360, the wii is completely different. Wii is targeted more to kids, and lets be honest wii owners, it is primarily a childs console. Wii owners always give me this crap that its a console for everyone, even teenagers, but just look at the games library and you will realise. Although adults can play it, the wii is not as targeted towards the 18-30 age group. The games are much more simple, the graphics are no way near the 360 or ps3 and the games are totally different. So if u like the 360 there is a good chance that you will like the ps3. The ps3 is a good console, excellent graphics, blu ray, free internet, and not all that more expensive than the pro and elite 360. But I still have to say the 360 takes the cake, it just has more games currently on it and coming out, and it is more established than the ps3. It also has a much better online system. The only damn thing that pisses me off about the 360 is that stupid red ring! Dont keep your 360 on your carpet no matter what!
stopitandtidyup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 stopitandtidyup

How can one say to choose between the wii and 360, the wii is completely different. Wii is targeted more to kids, and lets be honest wii owners, it is primarily a childs console. Wii owners always give me this crap that its a console for everyone, even teenagers, but just look at the games library and you will realise. Although adults can play it, the wii is not as targeted towards the 18-30 age group. The games are much more simple, the graphics are no way near the 360 or ps3 and the games are totally different. So if u like the 360 there is a good chance that you will like the ps3. The ps3 is a good console, excellent graphics, blu ray, free internet, and not all that more expensive than the pro and elite 360. But I still have to say the 360 takes the cake, it just has more games currently on it and coming out, and it is more established than the ps3. It also has a much better online system. The only damn thing that pisses me off about the 360 is that stupid red ring! Dont keep your 360 on your carpet no matter what!360wishlist

If you don't like the Wii then the Xbox360 is a perfectly decent console choice. Personally I prefer the diversity of owning a PC and a Wii.
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
Fanboy alert!!
stopitandtidyup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 stopitandtidyup

Fanboy alert!!CommanderTy

Which console am I a fanboy of?

It's stupid to think that there are no bad consoles. Of course there are bad consoles. Virtual Boy, Atari Jaguar, and Playstation 3. It's the worst console Sony have ever released.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Actually it's a good system with a lot of good games. Especially if it's your only current gen system.

And the GS awards this year are BS. Uncharted should have been nominated in a bunch of categories but was snubbed for some reason.

It really is one of the best games of the year. And the best exclusive on PS3 IMO.

Gaara79

I agree 10000000 percent. I loved Uncharted and it's a damn shame it wasn't shown any love here. That game charmed the hell out of me..I loved the characters.Aside from Mass Effect, no game had better voice acting in it.

I think GS's awards this year was an attempt to regain some credibility..Some of their choices are just bizarre.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nike_Air
[QUOTE="DarkCloud79"]I almost tought that this was factual information, and you where predicting the sure doom of PS3, but then I saw this:

stopitandtidyup

1. Fact. You cannot walk into a store and purchase a game exclusive to the Playstation 3 that has scored above 8.0 on Gamespot.
  2. Fact. Playstation 3 is the only platform without AAA exclusives when all the reviews are averaged out.

Oh my ......... you are setting yourself up for self-ownage of the year. How's that for an award ?

stopitandtidyup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 stopitandtidyup
[QUOTE="stopitandtidyup"][QUOTE="DarkCloud79"]I almost tought that this was factual information, and you where predicting the sure doom of PS3, but then I saw this:

Nike_Air

Oh my ......... you are setting yourself up for self-ownage of the year. How's that for an award ?

By "setting" you mean that I have not yet set myself up for self ownage I presume?

I'm not trying to offend anyone. All I'm doing is hilighting the clear fact that Playstation 3 is the weakest link of console gaming this gen.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkCloud79"]I almost tought that this was factual information, and you where predicting the sure doom of PS3, but then I saw this:

stopitandtidyup

GS scores

Resistance - 8.6
Warhawk - 8.5

You need to go back to school to learn what facts are.

DarkCloud79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DarkCloud79
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"][QUOTE="stopitandtidyup"][QUOTE="DarkCloud79"]I almost tought that this was factual information, and you where predicting the sure doom of PS3, but then I saw this:

stopitandtidyup

By "setting" you mean that I have not yet set myself up for self ownage I presume?

I'm not trying to offend anyone. All I'm doing is hilighting the clear fact that Playstation 3 is the weakest link of console gaming this gen.

I will now serve the ownage.

Look up Warhawk in GS and tell me the score.

You, my dear sir, are owned.

Avatar image for FlamingFlamingo
FlamingFlamingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FlamingFlamingo
Member since 2005 • 1287 Posts
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

stopitandtidyup

In terms of software you are correct (at this time), however, in terms of hardware, the PS3 is your BEST choice. It is a reliable and stable machine, unlike the 360. And is powerful enough to render great next-gen visuals (uncharted, UT3, etc.) The PS3 has great games, just not many exclusives.

This may just be me, but when I play a game, I don't enjoy it on weather it is an exclusive or not...

-PS360FTW-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -PS360FTW-
Member since 2007 • 628 Posts
buying the ps3 was the best choice i did video game wise.
hi381

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hi381
Member since 2005 • 744 Posts
  • Difficult to budget for compared to two lower priced platforms. Difficult? How is it that when you get a$399 Blu-ray player which is owning Hd 3-1
  • Frequent delays and remodels. Fluctuating price point. Delays hmm when Has a Ps3 been delayed?? Let me see never/ the remodel are to make it cheaper any idiot would know that/
  • God of War 3 and Final Fantasy XIII not available until 2009. Let me see who every siad thesegames wher coming out in 2009? except for a lemming like you/ trying to make you Ps3 look bad by giving false info! Also who ever bought a Ps3 to play those games? I like games such as Killzone 2, Socom, Ratchet, Jak n Dexter, UT3, and much more/ new ipz
  • No Playstation Exclusives that have scored above 8.0 on Gamespot. Let me see hmm Rfom is a Ps3 exclu/ so is Ninja Gaide..,maybe it maybe a remake and a bonus packet but its a Ps3 exclu Ut3 is a Ps3 timed exclu..n much more since Ps3 owns 2008 lol 360 has Too Human, Fable 2, Nunja Gaiden 2, n Halo Wars...have fun
  • No AAA exclusives when all reviews are averaged out on Gamerankings. I dont read Gamrankingz n never heard of it
    • The only platform not to win a Special Achievements Award in 2007. You really care about awardz?? ok everyone who has a Ps3 in 07 knew that this was its steady year! Get a price drop get your exclu'z on time but in 08 that is when Ps3 will take it's drown at domination!
  • The only platform not to win a Genre Award in 2007. again 08 is it'z year
  • Multiplatform games such as Orange Box inferior on PS3 due to hardware. Orange Box/ Rb6 are the only to games that look at a lower quality then the 360 oneseverything else looks the same bro
  • Poor sales and high development costs for developers cripple future third party development. poor sells? it has over 8 million systemz sold you lemming lol ..Sony is a muliti million dollar company do you think it's that high dev for third partyz?
  • Future multiplatform games such as Puzzle Quest available/announced for every platform except Playstation 3. Where are you getting this ?? it on Psp so be sure it will be in the ps store lol
  • Bluray and HD-DVD both won most useless technology of 2007 at CNET. Blu-ray is going to be the new dvd for sometime between 08-09 and then beyond ! You know why lemming?? Because by then everyone will have a hd-tv and can see the difference !
  • The third console curse that has never failed to strike. IT'S ONLY BEEN OUT A YEAR AND HAS SOLD MORE THEN 360 HAS WHEN IT FIRST HIT A YEAR

Discuss.stopitandtidyup

Hah Lemmingz, NEXT TIME THINK B4 U POST SOME FALSE ARTICLE

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nike_Air
[QUOTE="stopitandtidyup"][QUOTE="DarkCloud79"]I almost tought that this was factual information, and you where predicting the sure doom of PS3, but then I saw this:

AdobeArtist

GS scores

Resistance - 8.6
Warhawk - 8.5

stopitandtidyup has been pwned , hard.

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
oops....i just bought one
360wishlist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 360wishlist
Member since 2006 • 331 Posts

for me if its got orange box, call of duty, UTIII, Madden, and NBA 2K im set...

so which do i buy... ps3 or 360?

360 has halo 3, mass effect, and gears of war TOO!

Ok im sorry ps3

dbzfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38 dbzfreak
Member since 2003 • 6223 Posts

AdobeArtist

GS scores

Resistance - 8.6
Warhawk - 8.5

That was great and to the thread creator not everyone lives and dies by what GS or analysts think. I also think that a lot of people lost respect for this website after a certain incident.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts

Bu.. bu... teh awards don't matter! :cry:
Bu.. bu... teh no AAA's doesn't matter! :cry:

Oh please. Playstation 3 is the worst gaming platform from Sony ever. It's the weakest contender this generation. It is the worst choice for a gaming platform right as of this moment. Make it your third console choice.

stopitandtidyup
i love how people can say this when it is only what 13 mouths old.
TerroRizing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TerroRizing
Member since 2007 • 3210 Posts
I like the ps3, it has enough good games to keep my happy. Plus I like blu-ray movies.
DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts
Why should I avoid the PS3 when I want to played games like FFXIII and MGS4.?
The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 The_Crucible
Member since 2007 • 3305 Posts

stopitandtidyup

:lol: Ha ha ha. Yeah, you're well read. Show me where any of the poor ports are due to the actual hardware on the PS3 and not the dev ability to work with it.

I'm not denying its been an issue, just the way you state it. You make it sound like its the hardware's fault and there will never be any improvements or games to show otherwise. When, in fact, the hardware is very powerful and third-party devs are taking advantage of it (CoD4 and UT3, for example)

DarkCloud79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DarkCloud79
The TC has left the building.
stopitandtidyup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 stopitandtidyup

The TC has left the building.DarkCloud79

k

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

Still for the hardcore gamer there is more on the ps3 than the Wii.james28893

Yeah, but hardcore gamers like to play good exclusives, which is something Ps3 has failed to offer.

TerroRizing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TerroRizing
Member since 2007 • 3210 Posts

[QUOTE="james28893"]Still for the hardcore gamer there is more on the ps3 than the Wii.bobcheeseball

Yeah, but hardcore gamers like to play good exclusives, which is something Ps3 has failed to offer.

The ps3 has good exclusives, despite gamespot reviews. Folklore, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Heavenly Sword, & Resistance Fall of Man are all good games.

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts

The TC has left the building.DarkCloud79

rofl.
Honestly i think this is a joke thread. The 360 Arcade model is the worst choice.

GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

Ahh dear..

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

[QUOTE="james28893"]Still for the hardcore gamer there is more on the ps3 than the Wii.bobcheeseball

Depends on who you listen to.
wiretoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 wiretoss
Member since 2006 • 3030 Posts
o_o It's looking better than 360, in my opinion.