Phil Harrison: Indie Titles Will Sell Consoles.

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@shawn30 said:

Indies are great french fries. French Fries are delicious, but you never go to a restaurant to buy fries only. But you almost always buy fries when you buy a meal as a bonus. Indies do not sell consoles IMHO. But they are important and can be great. That's my take.

^ This

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#52 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@shawn30 said:

Indies are great french fries. French Fries are delicious, but you never go to a restaurant to buy fries only. But you almost always buy fries when you buy a meal as a bonus. Indies do not sell consoles IMHO. But they are important and can be great. That's my take.

That's how I see it too. XBLA arcade had awesome indies like Braid and Limbo, and I'm sure it will be the same on Xbox One(not sure why it was thought otherwise) . I love how indies have to resort more on creativity to sell their game, and I also really like 2D games(which a lot of indies are), so I'm usually one of those people that purchases indies on Day 1. I like the new game, Strike Suit Zero, only played the first level but had like 50 viewers watching my broadcast(more than any other game lol, but probably because it was the first day it came out), so far I disagree with Gamespot's 5 review but I need to play it more.

And, to continue on this analogy, on some days I just feel like having a big plate of french fries, but it's rare, usually it's to accompany the main course.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

Oh totally, yeah. Undoubtedly. The existence of this level of creativity and this level of excitement from the development community is wonderful for our platform, it’s great for the industry as well. It gives an on-ramp for developers to get into development, which was previously not available to them, so I think that’s a positive thing. But we know for sure that games like Minecraft, like Limbo, have been system sellers in the past. There’s no reason to believe that that won’t be the case in the future.

Interdasting

Huh, well whaddayaknow...interesting statement there from the MS mouthpiece...hmm?

Was told on here by the ever faithful MS lot that no-one buys consoles for indie games...

I guess some of you will be eating crow served by the almighty P. Harrison, sit down and grab a menu.

Let's discuss your sudden change of opinion.

You have zero interest in the Xbox One and this thread is nothing more then you basically making your thread title Xbox Sucks to start a war but to try to go under the radar you do this. Xbox has more games, exclusives and indies already.

This board is called System Wars please, please, please stop making a fool out of yourself on here.

Paybacks a bitch aint it as soon as you stop trying to control other posters and trying to get others ban and modded if it don't meet your biased Sony fanboy opinion I'll stop calling you out Until then I'm your worst nightmare.

What payback, this isn't payback, do you understand what the concept of payback is? I don't control anything, this is an extension of your own delusional you've created on me. Lot's of people joke about people about wanting them banned, especially if they make constant nonsensical posts and fanboy topics as @me3x12 did which is what you're referring to. You can think what ever you want about my opinion, because it's your opinion on my opinion, except you care way to much about mine than I do of yours lol. Lol at the threat at the end, you need help. You aren't calling me out you're just whining and I'm humouring you.

I won't go away, I will reply when you reply. It only gets harder for you.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 misterpmedia

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

Oh totally, yeah. Undoubtedly. The existence of this level of creativity and this level of excitement from the development community is wonderful for our platform, it’s great for the industry as well. It gives an on-ramp for developers to get into development, which was previously not available to them, so I think that’s a positive thing. But we know for sure that games like Minecraft, like Limbo, have been system sellers in the past. There’s no reason to believe that that won’t be the case in the future.

Interdasting

Huh, well whaddayaknow...interesting statement there from the MS mouthpiece...hmm?

Was told on here by the ever faithful MS lot that no-one buys consoles for indie games...

I guess some of you will be eating crow served by the almighty P. Harrison, sit down and grab a menu.

You have zero interest in the Xbox One and this thread is nothing more then you basically making your thread title Xbox Sucks to start a war but to try to go under the radar you do this. Xbox has more games, exclusives and indies already.

This board is called System Wars please, please, please stop making a fool out of yourself on here.

Paybacks a bitch aint it as soon as you stop trying to control other posters and trying to get others ban and modded if it don't meet your biased Sony fanboy opinion I'll stop calling you out Until then I'm your worst nightmare.

What payback, this isn't payback, do you understand what the concept of payback is? I don't control anything, this is an extension of your own delusional you've created on me. Lot's of people joke about people about wanting them banned, especially if they make constant nonsensical posts and fanboy topics as @me3x12 did which is what you're referring to. You can think what ever you want about my opinion, because it's your opinion on my opinion, except you care way to much about mine than I do of yours lol. Lol at the threat at the end, you need help. You aren't calling me out you're just whining and I'm humouring you.

That's my whole point you make assumptions and if others opinions also don't meet your Sony fanboyism then you post things about lets get this person banned and stuff like that. You need to keep your opinions and that's fine everyone has their own opinions but when you start slinging accusations and making ban recommendations that's an issues and shows you have way to much time on your hands and are only looking to control and shift the board to your Sony fanboy ways. So again you claim you don't care but you have done everything I've said.

Like I've been saying we all have opinions they all are not going to coincide always with your biased Sony ways and when they don't you should not try to say well lets ban this person or that person. How about you be banned lets start a ban misterpmedia crusade what do you think would you like that?

Stopped reading there. You don't have a point. It's becoming borderline harassment, I'm not sure whether to be concerned for your health or be flattered.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

Indies are a good filler, but it's the AAA games that sell consoles.

However, there are some studios that are indie now that will be AAA in the years to come. But that is then, this is now.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 misterpmedia

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

@rocky_denace said:

@misterpmedia said:

Interdasting

That's my whole point you make assumptions and if others opinions also don't meet your Sony fanboyism then you post things about lets get this person banned and stuff like that. You need to keep your opinions and that's fine everyone has their own opinions but when you start slinging accusations and making ban recommendations that's an issues and shows you have way to much time on your hands and are only looking to control and shift the board to your Sony fanboy ways. So again you claim you don't care but you have done everything I've said.

Like I've been saying we all have opinions they all are not going to coincide always with your biased Sony ways and when they don't you should not try to say well lets ban this person or that person. How about you be banned lets start a ban misterpmedia crusade what do you think would you like that?

Stopped reading there. You don't have a point. It's becoming borderline harassment, I'm not sure whether to be concerned for your health or be flattered.

Everyone on these boards please stop posting and even reading any of misterpmedia's threads he makes I've clearly called him out he is a total Sony fanboy that has only one intentions to starts as much flame wars as he can and try to shift as much as he can to side with anything Sony. he also does this by trying to be slick and fly under the radar and pretending to be innocent so he does not get himself banned. I've called him out plain as day lets let this no life tool suffer in his loneliness by never responding to anymore of his threads.

lol holy damn, has it come to this for you? Your jimmies are rustled. Mission accomplished. Also I stopped reading there.

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@misterpmedia said:

Interdasting

Indie games for consoles is here thanks to XBL, Microsoft was always first, just because indiestation is now in the lead in numbers of indie games doesn't say anything. Microsoft always supported indie titles, they just wanted to have a piece of the moneycake.

Shows how young you are kid.

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By highking_kallor

@FastRobby said:

@highking_kallor said:

@FastRobby said:

@misterpmedia said:

Interdasting

Indie games for consoles is here thanks to XBL, Microsoft was always first, just because indiestation is now in the lead in numbers of indie games doesn't say anything. Microsoft always supported indie titles, they just wanted to have a piece of the moneycake.

24, but give me a history lesson then, instead of creating useless responses without any value except filling up space on servers that could've been used for something useful.

Hey if you are ignorant it is hardly my fault? There were indy games before xbox.

You seem bitter?

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 highking_kallor

@FastRobby said:

@highking_kallor said:

@FastRobby said:

@highking_kallor said:

@FastRobby said:

@misterpmedia said:

Interdasting

24, but give me a history lesson then, instead of creating useless responses without any value except filling up space on servers that could've been used for something useful.

Hey if you are ignorant it is hardly my fault? There were indy games before xbox.

On consoles? Did you misread my sentence? I clearly said consoles. So instead of again saying nothing useful, nothing of any value, you might want to talk about indie game history on consoles. Put me in my place, because apparently you know these things, you have the information in your brain, how hard could it be to just say: "Well there was *fill in title* on the *fill in console* in *fill in year*, which was way before XBL..."

Yes on consoles. Really showing your ignorance now. Go do some research and get informed. A quick google search should sort you out. Hope thats not over your head?

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By highking_kallor

@FastRobby said:

@highking_kallor said:

@FastRobby said:

@highking_kallor said:

@FastRobby said:

@highking_kallor said:

@FastRobby said:

@misterpmedia said:

Interdasting

On consoles? Did you misread my sentence? I clearly said consoles. So instead of again saying nothing useful, nothing of any value, you might want to talk about indie game history on consoles. Put me in my place, because apparently you know these things, you have the information in your brain, how hard could it be to just say: "Well there was *fill in title* on the *fill in console* in *fill in year*, which was way before XBL..."

Yes on consoles. Really showing your ignorance now. Go do some research and get informed. A quick google search should sort you out. Hope thats not over your head?

Nevermind you clearly know nothing, keep eating the grass cow.

Kids these days. I supose you want all the answers for your exams as well?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_Yaroze

Say thank you now kid.

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 highking_kallor

@FastRobby said:

@highking_kallor said:

@FastRobby said:

@highking_kallor said:

@FastRobby said:

@highking_kallor said:

@FastRobby said:

@highking_kallor said:

@FastRobby said:

@misterpmedia said:

Interdasting

Nevermind you clearly know nothing, keep eating the grass cow.

Kids these days. I supose you want all the answers for your exams as well?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_Yaroze

Say thank you now kid.

It's not really the same. Thank you for the link, this is indeed indie game development, but the distribution was way worse and harder. Thanks to XBL this was much easier, because it was all digital and you had a catalogue on your screen. So I still stand by my stance that thanks to XBL indie games are here on consoles.

You can stand by your stance all you like. You are still wrong. Thanks for the apology.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#69 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

If that's the case, then why aren't MS chasing indie's like Sony huh?

They're trying to but Sony's done a much better job gaining their respect.

MS have treated developers badly, requiring them to pay 50k just to enter the program and demanding money to patch their own games and taking a healthy chunk when they actual game is out. The 50k didn't actually qualify them either to release the actual game either. They decided what they wanted on their console aswell. They have a long way to go if they want indie devs to come to X1