People really gotta stop complaining about paying for XBL.

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

myster_samz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 myster_samz
Member since 2006 • 584 Posts

XBL-$4 (roughly)a month for the best online you can get.

PSN- Free online,that's decent.But keep this in mind, you can get 4 years of xbox live for $200, and that's the difference between the 360 and ps3 in price.

Wii online- You can buy VC games, but you can also buy old school games on the 360, and ps3. And the only online title right now is pokemon.

Soin other words, with XBL you get more than you pay for. (Unlike WOW. $15 a month is insane.)

Avatar image for reservoir_doggy
reservoir_doggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 reservoir_doggy
Member since 2006 • 4054 Posts
We only pay to pay. All the extra content is free with silverand we have to host games with our own connections instead of having lag free dedicated servers. We shouldn't pay for it. I don't care because its cheap but thats one less game a year that I get to buy
Avatar image for deactivated-608cb95043897
deactivated-608cb95043897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-608cb95043897
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts

PSN- Free online,that's decent.But keep this in mind, you can get 4 years of xbox live for $200, and that's the difference between the 360 and ps3 in price.

Wii online- You can buy VC games, but you can also buy old school games on the 360, and ps3. And the only online title right now is pokemon.

Soin other words, with XBL you get more than you pay for. (Unlike WOW. $15 a month is insane.)

myster_samz

Well seems the Boys at TeamXbox don't agree with you ...

From the article...

Server-Based Online Multiplayer

"Live online gameplay sucks. A weapon like Halo 2's energy sword or Gears of War's shotgun offer strong evidence that the user hosting a match-which translates into having no lag at all-has a terrible advantage over the other players.

Paying for peer-to-peer online gameplay is a scam. If we are paying to play online, the least we deserve is a server-based system where matches are hosted on a server provided by Microsoft. "

http://editorials.teamxbox.com/xbox/1967/AN-INCONVENIENT-TRUTH/p1

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

XBL-$4 (roughly)a month for the best online you can get. Nope pc is...

PSN- Free online,that's decent.But keep this in mind, you can get 4 years of xbox live for $200, and that's the difference between the 360 and ps3 in price. But i have had 2 360s break in under a year since launch...

Wii online- You can buy VC games, but you can also buy old school games on the 360, and ps3. And the only online title right now is pokemon. Um no... mario strikers is out btw...

myster_samz
Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Unforgiven2870
Member since 2004 • 6386 Posts

myster_samz
That Maybe but on PSN u can get 14 player online games compaird to 8 player online games :lol:
Avatar image for reservoir_doggy
reservoir_doggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 reservoir_doggy
Member since 2006 • 4054 Posts
[QUOTE="myster_samz"]

Unforgiven2870

That Maybe but on PSN u can get 14 player online games compaird to 8 player online games :lol:

Thats only one squad based game. Shadowrun has more than 8

myster_samz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 myster_samz
Member since 2006 • 584 Posts
[QUOTE="myster_samz"]

PSN- Free online,that's decent.But keep this in mind, you can get 4 years of xbox live for $200, and that's the difference between the 360 and ps3 in price. But i have had 2 360s break in under a year since launch...

Wii online- You can buy VC games, but you can also buy old school games on the 360, and ps3. And the only online title right now is pokemon. Um no... mario strikers is out btw...

gameofthering

Is playing games online for the PC free? (I might be getting a PC as a current gen system.)

albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 albi321
Member since 2007 • 1552 Posts
Also, cows shouldn't be talking they just bought a $600 console if they can't afford $4 a month they shouldn't be gamers. Sheep shouldn't either they don't even have online.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
[QUOTE="myster_samz"]

DanBrim1

Well seems the Boys at TeamXbox don't agree with you ...

From the article...

Server-Based Online Multiplayer

"Live online gameplay sucks. A weapon like Halo 2's energy sword or Gears of War's shotgun offer strong evidence that the user hosting a match-which translates into having no lag at all-has a terrible advantage over the other players.

Paying for peer-to-peer online gameplay is a scam. If we are paying to play online, the least we deserve is a server-based system where matches are hosted on a server provided by Microsoft. "

http://editorials.teamxbox.com/xbox/1967/AN-INCONVENIENT-TRUTH/p1

They are right.
NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NorthlandMan
Member since 2007 • 2302 Posts

no

online play should be free

-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts

Pokemon isn't the only online Wii game (I think that's just in America.) And you have a bigger (and in my opinion, better) selection of games for the VC than on the PS3 or 360.

Avatar image for deactivated-608cb95043897
deactivated-608cb95043897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-608cb95043897
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts

Also, cows shouldn't be talking they just bought a $600 console if they can't afford $4 a month they shouldn't be gamers. Sheep shouldn't either they don't even have online.albi321

Part of the reason cows paid 600 is so that they don't have to pay to play online..

scottishbull72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 scottishbull72
Member since 2007 • 293 Posts
[QUOTE="myster_samz"]

Unforgiven2870

Call of duty 4 is going to have 32 players on-line for the xbox 360 that kills the 14 players on-line for the PSN:lol:

cwalters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cwalters
Member since 2003 • 2317 Posts
50 bucks isnt nothing, I buy the majority of my games used anyways so its not a problem for me, plus I have never had a problem with xbox live
RENE2315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RENE2315
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts
those 200 dollarsi could buy myself 3 games and a blue-ray movie
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
[QUOTE="gameofthering"][QUOTE="myster_samz"]

myster_samz

Is playing games online for the PC free? (I might be getting a PC as a current gen system.)

yes...it also runs off of dedicaded servers...quite frequently goes to 64 players online (COD2) and has tons and tons of user generated content....which is of course....all free.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts
[QUOTE="gameofthering"][QUOTE="myster_samz"]

myster_samz

yes apart from games like WOW
Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Unforgiven2870
Member since 2004 • 6386 Posts
[QUOTE="Unforgiven2870"][QUOTE="myster_samz"]

scottishbull72

Call of duty 4 is going to have 32 players on-line for the xbox 360 that kills the 14 players on-line for the PSN:lol:

Alright you got me.But uhh PC will kill both of those easily lmao.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#19 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
Also, cows shouldn't be talking they just bought a $600 console if they can't afford $4 a month they shouldn't be gamers. Sheep shouldn't either they don't even have online.albi321
whered u hear that sheep dont have online? pokemon, strikers, battalion wars, madden 08, smash bros, and a crap load more are all online. dont gimme that "buh buh those games arent out yet and pokemon is teh crapzors" cause no matter what u say its not gunna change the fact that the wii has online.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Since when is paying for peer-to-peer multiplayer a good thing? If anything, all the content that is free to Silver members should cost them money and be free for Gold members. Or have peer-to-peer online gaming free and offer dedicated servers for Gold members. Paying for peer-to-peer is atrocious. PC gaming has had free, dedicated server gaming since it was "invented."
scottishbull72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 scottishbull72
[QUOTE="scottishbull72"][QUOTE="Unforgiven2870"][QUOTE="myster_samz"]

Unforgiven2870

Alright you got me.But uhh PC will kill both of those easily lmao.

a PC kills them both i don't think so you need to buy a $500 card to play the new PC games when you can buy a xbox 360 and save money in the long run.

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gzus666
Member since 2007 • 2304 Posts

scottishbull72

um, resistance has 40 player online. so that isnt better. its lag free on a dedicated server. why would anyone pay for a P2P service? they are doing nothing but giving a medium for you to connect to other people. literally they do nothing. its based off the persons you are connected to.

darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts

myster_samz

On PC I get maps, skins, models, new areas, dedicated servers, rental dedicated servers that can host upto 64+ playersand more for...free.

And XBL isn't only $4 a month. Everything costs money even the damn gamertag pictures.
scottishbull72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 scottishbull72

Gzus666

um, resistance has 40 player online. so that isnt better. its lag free on a dedicated server. why would anyone pay for a P2P service? they are doing nothing but giving a medium for you to connect to other people. literally they do nothing. its based off the persons you are connected to.

I hate resistance

Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts

The thing is, why should I pay for online when I don't need it to enjoy the game? It's just the priciple of it. I'll use my Wii's online when I get a game that uses it because it's free. But when I get a 360, I'm not going to pay for the online, even though it is cheap. Online isn't important enough to me to even pay any money for it.

nygiantsfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nygiantsfan1
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts

PSN- Free online,that's decent.But keep this in mind, you can get 4 years of xbox live for $200, and that's the difference between the 360 and ps3 in price.myster_samz

Is that a good thing? I'd much rather spend the extra $200 on a Blu-ray player, WI-FI, a card reader and reliability while still being able to enjoy online gaming instead. If anything that's a huge knock against the 360. Besides, I hope to get more than four years out of this generation.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
If you are going to start complaining about XBL, you better start complaining about so much other things you pay for, I mean if you don't want to pay it out, don't. Simple. I pay it because I am enjoy what I am getting.
Bartz_Has_Bite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bartz_Has_Bite
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts
I like that you didn't give examples of how XBL is better than PSN... no, I still hate paying to use something I already pay to get, and will never get an Xbox unless online is free.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gzus666
[QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="scottishbull72"][QUOTE="Unforgiven2870"][QUOTE="myster_samz"]

scottishbull72

I hate resistance

how does that change what i said? i hate call of duty, big deal. nice response though, i can make a simple deduction, and realize you're a child, whether it be fully, or just mentally.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ArisShadows

[QUOTE="myster_samz"] PSN- Free online,that's decent.But keep this in mind, you can get 4 years of xbox live for $200, and that's the difference between the 360 and ps3 in price.nygiantsfan1

Is that a good thing? I'd much rather spend the extra $200 on a Blu-ray player, WI-FI, a card reader and reliability while still being able to enjoy online gaming instead. If anything that's a huge knock against the 360. Besides, Ihope to get more than four years out of this generation.

Except people like me don't. I have no use for Blue ray, Wifi is unneeded (direct linkup), the same can be said about card reader.

AdultsOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AdultsOnly
Member since 2007 • 174 Posts
No, people need to start complaining about paying for XBL.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gzus666
[QUOTE="nygiantsfan1"]

[QUOTE="myster_samz"] PSN- Free online,that's decent.But keep this in mind, you can get 4 years of xbox live for $200, and that's the difference between the 360 and ps3 in price.ArisShadows

Is that a good thing? I'd much rather spend the extra $200 on a Blu-ray player, WI-FI, a card reader and reliability while still being able to enjoy online gaming instead. If anything that's a huge knock against the 360. Besides, Ihope to get more than four years out of this generation.

Except people like me don't. I have no use for Blue ray, Wifi is unneeded (direct linkup), the same can be said about card reader.

XBL is the only P2P service i can think of with games that charges you. they are charging you to hook up to someone else. they have nothing to maintain, nothing to really do with it. they literally threw a price tag on something they didnt have to do anything for. they are screwing people over like they always do. $400 for a OS anyone? especially one that is partially finished?

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ArisShadows

No, people need to start complaining about paying for XBL.AdultsOnly

No they don't, don't want it, don't get it. Simple.

scottishbull72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 scottishbull72
[QUOTE="scottishbull72"][QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="scottishbull72"][QUOTE="Unforgiven2870"][QUOTE="myster_samz"]

Gzus666

I hate resistance

how does that change what i said? i hate call of duty, big deal. nice response though, i can make a simple deduction, and realize you're a child, whether it be fully, or just mentally.

Right i am a child and i am mental why i don't like resistance is this what system wars have come too and i hate porn so that means i am more mental then.

Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Redfingers
Member since 2005 • 4510 Posts

scottishbull72

You sure about those numbers, mate?

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_4496_en.html

Xboxyde says 32 PC 16 or less for consoles (does not denote platform, meaning you were wrong about 32 players XBL).

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gzus666

hey scottishbull, what the hell are you talking about? have you heard of a run on sentence? cause you sure rocked with one. that made no sense whatsoever. apparently the english language is a little tough for you, not sure why you chose to type on a forum.

http://secure.hop.com/

got a website you should visit, i believe you could use it.

Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Redfingers
Member since 2005 • 4510 Posts

I hate resistance

scottishbull72

I hate Halo, Gears of War, Oblivion, and Call of Duty 2. Get out with your nonsense, it has no bearing on the conversation.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ArisShadows
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="nygiantsfan1"]

[QUOTE="myster_samz"] PSN- Free online,that's decent.But keep this in mind, you can get 4 years of xbox live for $200, and that's the difference between the 360 and ps3 in price.Gzus666

XBL is the only P2P service i can think of with games that charges you. they are charging you to hook up to someone else. they have nothing to maintain, nothing to really do with it. they literally threw a price tag on something they didnt have to do anything for. they are screwing people over like they always do. $400 for a OS anyone? especially one that is partially finished?

Only P2P that charges you, are youserious. Abise from standard P2Ps like Limewire, there is Gametap. You can hook up with others with silver membership, you just don't get online gaming and such. For the cross game features and so, I am happy with the little I pay. I pay it because I want to.

scottishbull72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 scottishbull72

hey scottishbull, what the hell are you talking about? have you heard of a run on sentence? cause you sure rocked with one. that made no sense whatsoever. apparently the english language is a little tough for you, not sure why you chose to type on a forum.

http://secure.hop.com/

got a website you should visit, i believe you could use it.

Gzus666

Good come back:roll:

scottishbull72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 scottishbull72
I would pay 100 bucks a year for xbl
a_ratchet_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 a_ratchet_fan
Member since 2006 • 2207 Posts

scottishbull72

Just to continue the "ownage" crap that's going on here...

Resistance has 40 players and it came out back in 2006. PWNED!

wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts
Online PC gaming is better and cheaper. Although, I can't deny how much fun I've had on GeOW, Vegas, and PDZ on XBL, oh yeah, and Chaos Theory Coop, problem however, that's because I didn't own a PC to play it. Well, Vegas.
no_submission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 no_submission
Member since 2007 • 961 Posts
Lems shouldn't have to pay for online, M$ is rich enough to run servers for free.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gzus666
[QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="nygiantsfan1"]

[QUOTE="myster_samz"] PSN- Free online,that's decent.But keep this in mind, you can get 4 years of xbox live for $200, and that's the difference between the 360 and ps3 in price.ArisShadows

Only P2P that charges you, are youserious. Abise from standard P2Ps like Limewire, there is Gametap. You can hook up with others with silver membership, you just don't get online gaming and such. For the cross game features and so, I am happy with the little I pay. I pay it because I want to.

limewire is free, gametap charges you for the game itself, and the licensing they had to pay for. they have to store those games somewhere there sparky, and you guessed it, its a dedicated server. paying for P2P is a scam

scottishbull72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 scottishbull72

a_ratchet_fan

I played resistance at my mates house for a hour. I never really liked the game that much.

AdultsOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AdultsOnly
Member since 2007 • 174 Posts

[QUOTE="AdultsOnly"]No, people need to start complaining about paying for XBL.ArisShadows

No they don't, don't want it, don't get it. Simple.

I have it, but I think it should be free. The main reason I say that is because the advertisements.
a_ratchet_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 a_ratchet_fan
Member since 2006 • 2207 Posts
[QUOTE="a_ratchet_fan"][QUOTE="scottishbull72"][QUOTE="Unforgiven2870"][QUOTE="myster_samz"]

scottishbull72

I played resistance at my mates house for a hour. I never really liked the game that much.

Did you play single-player or multi-player? Mutli-player's hectic as a ****. Single-player gets old after a while, but at least it has a nice story that augments it.

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gzus666

I would pay 100 bucks a year for xblscottishbull72

after seeing the things you type, id believe you'd give up organs or small extremities for it. oh to be so simple...

scottishbull72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 scottishbull72
[QUOTE="scottishbull72"][QUOTE="a_ratchet_fan"][QUOTE="scottishbull72"][QUOTE="Unforgiven2870"][QUOTE="myster_samz"]

a_ratchet_fan

Did you play single-player or multi-player? Mutli-player's hectic as a ****. Single-player gets old after a while, but at least it has a nice story that augments it.

i played both single-player and multi-player

scottishbull72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 scottishbull72

[QUOTE="scottishbull72"]I would pay 100 bucks a year for xblGzus666

after seeing the things you type, id believe you'd give up organs or small extremities for it. oh to be so simple...

Well i could easy pay a 100 bucks a year for xbox live.