PCW's version of 20 Games That Changed Gaming Forever

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Unforgiven2870
Member since 2004 • 6386 Posts

http://www.pcworld.com/article/167229-2/20_games_that_changed_gaming_forever.html

here's the list,Now let it rip.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what a horrible list :P
ninjabeaver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ninjabeaver1
Member since 2005 • 926 Posts
These kind of lists have been done 100 times over. Everybody is just repeating what everybody else is saying.
Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Unforgiven2870

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what a horrible list :Pjg4xchamp
Yea some need to be taken out and some others moved up haha

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Can a list get any worse?

Seriously, that list was so bad that now I'm going to go write in my diary.

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
They got some stuff right, and some stuff horribly horribly wrong. LBP above SM64?
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 treedoor

They got some stuff right, and some stuff horribly horribly wrong. LBP above SM64?pyromaniac223

I'm just not exactly sure what LBP to change gaming.

Added player created content that you can share with other people? Ummmmmm......nope, that's not the first game to do that.

It did something for side scrolling platformers? Nuh uh.....

It didn't change gaming at all.

This goes for quite a lot of those games. Some of them didn't actually do anything to gaming. Games like FFVII, Super Mario 64, Doom I completely agree with that they should be on a list like that, but not games like CoD4, or LBP, or DDR :/

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

they seem to be a bit confused..some of those games changed gaming, but weren;t innovative. Best example: Resident Evil: nothing but a more actiony-heavy Alone in the Dark clone, so not innovative at all, but incredibly influential at the same time

Bioshock was neither innovative, nor influential,

Portal was innovative, but I have yet to witness the influence it has on the industry.

Warcraft? Horrible choice, neither as innovative as Nether Earth (first RTS)/Dune2(first perfect template for modern RTSes) or as influential and game changing as Command and Conquer

CoD4? Lmao

and not including Ultima series? When it's by far and wide the most influential game series of all time?

stepat201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stepat201
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

Halo above Half-Life?

Funny since Half-Life is the only reason Halo exists.

And wtf is LBP doing so high. And how is Bioshock at all innovative? Terrible moral choices that have been done better a million times before?

And they didn't even give any reasons as to how CoD4 is innovative.

Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts
These kind of lists have been done 100 times over. Everybody is just repeating what everybody else is saying.ninjabeaver1
Could you perhaps make up a list of these lists? Put your favorite ones at the top if you could.
Unforgiven2870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Unforgiven2870

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"]They got some stuff right, and some stuff horribly horribly wrong. LBP above SM64?treedoor

Added player created content that you can share with other people? Ummmmmm......nope, that's not the first game to do that.

This goes for quite a lot of those games. Some of them didn't actually do anything to gaming. Games like FFVII, Super Mario 64, Doom I completely agree with that they should be on a list like that, but not games like CoD4, or LBP, or DDR :/

You sure? I mean i thought Sackboy Contra thing was win.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"]They got some stuff right, and some stuff horribly horribly wrong. LBP above SM64?treedoor

DDR definitly deserves to be on the list, one of the few games there that do

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 treedoor

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"]They got some stuff right, and some stuff horribly horribly wrong. LBP above SM64?Unforgiven2870

You sure? I mean i thought Sackboy Contra thing was win.

Sackboy Contra didn't change gaming though. Nothing about LBP changed gaming.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 treedoor

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"]They got some stuff right, and some stuff horribly horribly wrong. LBP above SM64?AdrianWerner

Why though? What did it do to actually change gaming?

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AdrianWerner

treedoor

It started the whole rhytm games craze. And looking by how popular those games are now today, including the ones with physical accesories...I would say it definitly deserves the spot. Far more than say...Final Fantasy VII and close to Mario64

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
This is the biggest joke of a list i've ever laid my eyes on. Are they actually serious?
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 treedoor

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

AdrianWerner

It started the whole rhytm games craze. And looking by how popular those games are now today, including the ones with physical accesories...I would say it definitly deserves the spot. Far more than say...Final Fantasy VII and close to Mario64

Hmm, that makes more sense then I guess.

I'm still keeping my opinion about games like CoD4, and LBP though.

ninjabeaver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ninjabeaver1
Member since 2005 • 926 Posts
Single handedly changed the arcade scene. Guitar freaks was derived from DDR which resulted to Guitar Hero.. and the rest became history.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
[QUOTE="treedoor"]

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

[QUOTE="treedoor"]

Ever hear of the casual gaming market? The music genre? Of course, they forgot Parrapa the Rappa, didn't they? :P Overall, I think the list was pretty good. Some of that stuff didn little to change anything, but were still great games. Some stuff didn't belong at all. Doom definitely deserves the number one spot, for sure. It was the THE FPS.
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

A lot of hit and miss. COD4 and Halo are onitbut not any Zelda game, 2d Mario game, Final Fantasy VI, Virtual Fighter, etc. BTW how is Bioshock in it but not System Shock 2?

Trinners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Trinners
Member since 2009 • 2537 Posts

lol they don't even have gran turismo on that list.

mand_450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 mand_450
Member since 2005 • 278 Posts

Craplist. Most of these games haven't changed a thing in gaming. I mean, come on, Wii Sports? That game hasn't done a thing for gaming, and is only selling well because you can get it with the Wii.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

They listed popular games that they considered "innovative" but failed to explain how these "innovative" games changed gaming or what type of influence it had on the industry or game development.

NielsNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NielsNL
Member since 2005 • 4346 Posts

Horrible list. Over half of the games mentioned didn't bring anything that hadn't been done before.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

This list is broken. The name of the list is "20 games that changed gaming forever" then it does on to say below "the most innovative games". That's not the same thing. You can have innovative games, but that doesnt mean they changed gaming forever. Portal might be innovative, but no one is trying to emulate it, so it hasn;t changed gaming 1 iota. Thats like saying Mirror's Edge changed gaming forever. Until someone tries to rip off mirror's edge, it hasnt changed anything. Anyway, here are my thoughts, So lets assess the list:

Portal - As I said above, might be innovative but it didnt change jack ****. No one is using portal as a model for their next game.

Street Fighter 2 - Ok, I agree with this one.

Dance Dance Revolution - Yup, agreed.

Resident Evil - No agruements here.

Bioshock - Wtf? It didn't change anything. System Shock? yes. Bioshock? hell no.

Warcraft - Debateable.

Final Fantasy VII - Agreed. It really made the JRPG genre an international success.

The Sims - Yes. This is probably the most influential and innovative game on the list. The Sims is the "Sandman" comic of video games. It brought casuals and females who normally ignored video games into the fold. While not many people have tried to copy the sims, it really changed the public's perception of video games and blurred the line between core and casual games.

Geometry Wars - Bleh.

COD4 - YES! This game greatly affected gaming....for the worse. Noe every single game has to be a COD4 ripoff or people will whine and moan. You need to be able to throw a grenade a full football field length or the game is crap. Your grenade needs to be 1 hit kill from 1 mile away or your game is crap. Your game needs to be twitchy or its crap. Your game needs to be a COD4 mod, or its crap. And it also gave us the worst thing since Lucifer.....COD4 fanboys.....I must admit though, it does have its good points, like the addition of perks and an exp system. Those are great innovations that are being reused.

Mario 64 - I agree. Probably the best 3D platformer of all time. Yes, better than Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie despite the review scores and OoT is not a platformer! :x

Half Life - No arguement here. Really pushed AI to the next level.

Wii Sports - Dunno about that....this one is debateable. It seems like only Ninty cares about this..this doesnt really affect PC/PS3/X360.

Halo - I agree. If it wasn't for Halo I doubt console FPSes would be nearly as popular as they are today.

LBP - While innovative, we have to wait and see about the influence. There are some games following similar models (I dont care who copied who, LBP came out first) so we'll have to wait and see its clout, but so far it looks like it could earn its place on the list. And guys, I don't care that you could make mods on PC long ago because making mods on PC isnt a simple drag and drop process. Some programming and/or modeling knowledge is required and, believe it or not, thats not exactly user friend;y for the average joe.

MGS - Father of Stealth games. Kojima practically invented the stealth genre and with MGS he melded stealth gameplay with great cinematography to create a new beast. Say what you will, but if Metal Gear didn't exist, there would be no Splinter Cell.

Shadow of the Colossus - Very innovative and artistic, but not very influential. This game was a masterpiece, but lets face it, no one is exactly trying to emulate it, except for Team Ico.

World Of Warcraft - Up there with the Sims, this game is basically the template of every single MMO. If your game isn't like WoW, its nothing. Even if it is, its nothing. WoW had the amazing capability of bringing the MMO genre to the forefront and at the sametime killing it. Ever since WoW was released, no other MMO can flourish....A double edged sword of sorts :?

GTA3 - Screw what I said about the Sims, this game is probably the most influential game ever (Sims still edges it out in innovation). This game has been emulated, simulated and ripped off from here to Pluto. This game created a new genre and is one of the best selling series of all time. This game didnt just change gaming, it re-created it.

Doom - Who can deny its influence and impact on gaming? This one fully deserves its spot.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#26 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I saw Portal at number 20 and closed it, then I knew to expect a generic list clodded with GTA III, World of Warcraft, Doom, etc.
Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gamerz1569
Member since 2008 • 2087 Posts

They got some right and some wrong. Broken list, but I've seen worse.

AntiType

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AntiType
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts

WTH?

Street fighter 2 needs to be in a better spot, mario 64 most certainly does too. CoD4? seriously? WTF? yes Halo and No Goldeneye? Bioschock? OFF! Where is Quake? SotC? great game, but nobody played it. Portal did not change gaming, there are 100 other games more deserving on that list. I would even take half Life off... it use just a shooter... too many shooters on this list! Doom 2 Quake and Goldeneye are the 3 shooters that changed gaming and I think only the first 2 should have made the list. Did they forget tetris? Super Mario Brothers? No Zelda at all? Where is Civ? COD 4?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? Someone at that site should have been fired for that. did they know that Quake was the first completely 3d shooter (descent wasn't a shooter) and it was the first to offer online gaming without a 3rd party program? What did Bioshock do? It sold out n a great series, thats what it did. Why does everyone over hype Halo? Look... there is like one RPG there, Final fantasy 7 and yes, it does belong there. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY SHOOTERS? CoD4? Sims I get... ok... it sold billions and some other people like it. you can justify that... but Bioshock, CoD4, Halflife, Halo and Portal? They put only 1 RTS and they have 5 at least 3d shooters... only one of which actually changed gaming. Dune 2 and command and Conqure are more deserving that hal of that list.

And I havn't even started.

Why not call this the 20 best games of AMERICA? cuz you know... the rest of the world doesn't count. Dragon Quest influanced gaming. But japan doesn't count cuz they don't make games or anything iike that. Tomb raider added Sex appeal to gaming. yes, tat is an example of a game that changed gaming... After that they made thouands of games staring big breasted females. It changed gaming in a bad way, but at least it actually did change gaming. SotC did not change gaming. Nobody even bothered to copy the game. RE2 doesn't even belong on the list. There isn't even gonna be any accountability for this peice of writing. I mean, who do I have to talk to in order to get that guy either fired or educated? It's like no console existed before the psx and n64 to these people. Wii Sports? That should be placed at #345. Wow changed gaming. good job. throw some games that you saw a commercial of and your bound to get one right on the list. bravo! &^%$&^ here are 20 in a non-ordered that makes muchmore sense.

Tetris, Super Mario Brothers, Pac-man, Quake, Command & Conquer, Civilization 2, Sim City, Tomb Raider, LoZ... any of them, all of them. GOD!, Dragon Quest, Starcraft, Diablo 2!!! Did you know that people are still playing this game and are waiting for Blizzard to come out with patch 1.13 that they promised in April but STILL didn't release? Yes all Blizzard games changed gaming more then halo did. Pong (wasn't this the first ever?) Brain Age! Even Wii Fit is changing gaming as we know it, it's gonna out sell PS3 maybe! Oh oh... pokemon? How many little kids did that game ruin? MORE THEN BLODDY BIOSHOCK. It's late now, so I'm just gonna throw out Goldeneye, Dune 2, Mist and GT.fSee that's 20 games that are influental and I didn't even need to add games that they got right one that list. Which were so very few! Geometry Wars? Nobody was changed from this game. they were just entertained for a little while. Millions o games did that. LBP? WAIT FOR AT LEAST A FEW YEARS TO SEE IF IT ACTUALLY MAD AN IMPACT! Yay, the gaming community making maps... and how brilliant they were (SARCASM!)

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

How does gaming change? No, how does PC gaming change? It doesn't. It has stayed the same since it was invented. All your controls are on screen.

HenriH-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#30 HenriH-42
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

I always laugh at lists like this. They're just popularity contests, nothing more.

RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts

I stopped reading when I saw Portal. Did I miss anything worthwhile?

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AdrianWerner

How does gaming change? No, how does PC gaming change? It doesn't. It has stayed the same since it was invented. All your controls are on screen.

LOXO7

erm..real changes and innovations are software, all the hardware is just gimmick.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AdrianWerner

lol they don't even have gran turismo on that list.

Trinners

Why would it be? It was neither innovative, nor influential(nobody really tries copying GT formula anymore aside from maybe Forza)

Oscar-Wilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Oscar-Wilde
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts

More rubbish from "Video game journalists".

raskullibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 raskullibur
Member since 2003 • 3390 Posts
The list is good you can create your own list to make yourself happy.. :)
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
most INNOVATIVE games... ever made? holy hell, that is a horrible example of games journalism. ugh. all you can do is... cringe.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 skrat_01
This is the biggest joke of a list i've ever laid my eyes on. Are they actually serious?AAllxxjjnn
Apparently. The joys of such examples of web journalism :)
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
It actually got a bit better in the end, but the first few games were crap. Portal? LittleBigPlanet? The original Warcraft over the best RTS in the series, Warcraft III? Overall it was a decent list, but I was wondering why OoT wasn't on there...
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jg4xchamp

This list is broken. The name of the list is "20 games that changed gaming forever" then it does on to say below "the most innovative games". That's not the same thing. You can have innovative games, but that doesnt mean they changed gaming forever. Portal might be innovative, but no one is trying to emulate it, so it hasn;t changed gaming 1 iota. Thats like saying Mirror's Edge changed gaming forever. Until someone tries to rip off mirror's edge, it hasnt changed anything. Anyway, here are my thoughts, So lets assess the list:

Portal - As I said above, might be innovative but it didnt change jack ****. No one is using portal as a model for their next game.

Street Fighter 2 - Ok, I agree with this one.

Dance Dance Revolution - Yup, agreed.

Resident Evil - No agruements here.

Bioshock - Wtf? It didn't change anything. System Shock? yes. Bioshock? hell no.

Warcraft - Debateable.

Final Fantasy VII - Agreed. It really made the JRPG genre an international success.

The Sims - Yes. This is probably the most influential and innovative game on the list. The Sims is the "Sandman" comic of video games. It brought casuals and females who normally ignored video games into the fold. While not many people have tried to copy the sims, it really changed the public's perception of video games and blurred the line between core and casual games.

Geometry Wars - Bleh.

COD4 - YES! This game greatly affected gaming....for the worse. Noe every single game has to be a COD4 ripoff or people will whine and moan. You need to be able to throw a grenade a full football field length or the game is crap. Your grenade needs to be 1 hit kill from 1 mile away or your game is crap. Your game needs to be twitchy or its crap. Your game needs to be a COD4 mod, or its crap. And it also gave us the worst thing since Lucifer.....COD4 fanboys.....I must admit though, it does have its good points, like the addition of perks and an exp system. Those are great innovations that are being reused.

Mario 64 - I agree. Probably the best 3D platformer of all time. Yes, better than Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie despite the review scores and OoT is not a platformer! :x

Half Life - No arguement here. Really pushed AI to the next level.

Wii Sports - Dunno about that....this one is debateable. It seems like only Ninty cares about this..this doesnt really affect PC/PS3/X360.

Halo - I agree. If it wasn't for Halo I doubt console FPSes would be nearly as popular as they are today.

LBP - While innovative, we have to wait and see about the influence. There are some games following similar models (I dont care who copied who, LBP came out first) so we'll have to wait and see its clout, but so far it looks like it could earn its place on the list. And guys, I don't care that you could make mods on PC long ago because making mods on PC isnt a simple drag and drop process. Some programming and/or modeling knowledge is required and, believe it or not, thats not exactly user friend;y for the average joe.

MGS - Father of Stealth games. Kojima practically invented the stealth genre and with MGS he melded stealth gameplay with great cinematography to create a new beast. Say what you will, but if Metal Gear didn't exist, there would be no Splinter Cell.

Shadow of the Colossus - Very innovative and artistic, but not very influential. This game was a masterpiece, but lets face it, no one is exactly trying to emulate it, except for Team Ico.

World Of Warcraft - Up there with the Sims, this game is basically the template of every single MMO. If your game isn't like WoW, its nothing. Even if it is, its nothing. WoW had the amazing capability of bringing the MMO genre to the forefront and at the sametime killing it. Ever since WoW was released, no other MMO can flourish....A double edged sword of sorts :?

GTA3 - Screw what I said about the Sims, this game is probably the most influential game ever (Sims still edges it out in innovation). This game has been emulated, simulated and ripped off from here to Pluto. This game created a new genre and is one of the best selling series of all time. This game didnt just change gaming, it re-created it.

Doom - Who can deny its influence and impact on gaming? This one fully deserves its spot.

II_Seraphim_II
This entire post sums up my feeling towards every game......
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 princeofshapeir
I saw Portal at number 20 and closed it, then I knew to expect a generic list clodded with GTA III, World of Warcraft, Doom, etc. Toriko42
Maybe those games are listed so often on lists like these because they actually did define a genre. :|
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]most INNOVATIVE games... ever made? holy hell, that is a horrible example of games journalism. ugh. all you can do is... cringe.

um i don't think its all innovation(or else i wouldn't complain about Portal being on that list). Its abount changing gaming, or being influential. In which case well yeah keep cringing...the list still sucks :P
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
No wonder it's such a crappy list. It was made by Gamepro. They've always sucked.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Saw Portal at number 20 and closed the tab.

If it weren't for Narbacular Drop, we wouldn't have Portal.

Even the original Prey had such puzzles, but let's say it doesn't count since it was scrapped.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 princeofshapeir
I think it's a good list and the QQ is unjustified. From what I understand the weaboos are crying that there's not enough Japanese games or Final Fantasy, the Sheep are bawwing over no Mario or Zelda, and everyone else just hops on the bandwagon and cries "OMG CRAP LIST". If we don't all agree that the final choices - Metal Gear Solid, World of Warcraft, Doom, and GTAIII - are influential games that set a standard for their respective genres, then something is wrong. I do admit that some of the early choices were kind of questionable. Portal... LBP... These should be taken off. Everything else I basically agree with though.
jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5468 Posts

they seem to be a bit confused..some of those games changed gaming, but weren;t innovative. Best example: Resident Evil: nothing but a more actiony-heavy Alone in the Dark clone, so not innovative at all, but incredibly influential at the same time

Bioshock was neither innovative, nor influential,

Portal was innovative, but I have yet to witness the influence it has on the industry.

Warcraft? Horrible choice, neither as innovative as Nether Earth (first RTS)/Dune2(first perfect template for modern RTSes) or as influential and game changing as Command and Conquer

CoD4? Lmao

and not including Ultima series? When it's by far and wide the most influential game series of all time?

AdrianWerner
Oh yes you make some great points mate. Halo desewreves its spot but Timesplitters, Goldeneye and Turok got FPS controls right way before Halo CE. So i would consider that a bogus claim as well.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 skrat_01
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]most INNOVATIVE games... ever made? holy hell, that is a horrible example of games journalism. ugh. all you can do is... cringe.

um i don't think its all innovation(or else i wouldn't complain about Portal being on that list). Its abount changing gaming, or being influential. In which case well yeah keep cringing...the list still sucks :P

The title is - 'The 20 most innovative games ever made' , right under '20 Games That Changed Gaming Forever' Its a horrible topic title really, as innovation =/= influence, and the majority of titles on the list are not a blend of both at all. Well its techncially a GamePro List too.... and well, personally I have never favoured their credibility...
clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
The top 3 are quite good. Those games really did a lot for the industry.
LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

[QUOTE="LOXO7"]

AdrianWerner

erm..real changes and innovations are software, all the hardware is just gimmick.

What? So shouldn't the greatest innovation to you be TIME. Where is that on the list? You can't be more general with an answer like software.

I think DDR should be the greatest innovative game. It brought rhythm based games. It came last gen and it was the first rhythm game really to be known well. And then came the guitar/band games after it. Games that effects tons of people.

-PuLse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -PuLse
Member since 2009 • 538 Posts

I love how everyone here is a gaming historian and knows more than any gaming outlet out there.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
Bioshock? :lol: Nothing about that game was new in any way.