PC is not the best gaming platform

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts

Based on the following criteria:

-ease of use

-compatility

-pick up and play

-standard pricing

-standard peripherals

-customer service

-software stability

-marketing appeal

-portability

-connectivity

etc. etc.

PC might actually be the worst gaming platform based on your perspective

MotherRussia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MotherRussia
Member since 2003 • 946 Posts
[QUOTE="shsonline"]

-ease of use

-compatility

-pick up and play

-standard pricing

-standard peripherals

-customer service

-software stability

-marketing appeal

-portability

-connectivity

etc. etc.

the only comment I would do to your post is: Crysis World in conflict Company of heroes Total War Starcraft Diablo World of Warcraft Xfire Steam and that Keyboard+mouse>>>>>>>>> any controller
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts

-ease of use

-compatility

-pick up and play

-standard pricing

-standard peripherals

-customer service

-software stability

-marketing appeal

-portability

-connectivity

etc. etc.

shsonline

I see no mention whatsoever of games in the OP.

I aslo don't actually understand what you mean by "connectivity", the fact that laptops exist throws your "portability" argument out the window, I don't see how marketing appeal applies to this, non-standardized pricing and peripherals allow you to create the experience you want to have, and it is compatible with far more than any console in existence, thus throwing your "compatibility" argument out the window as well.

PC may not be the best-that decision ultimately lies with gaming preferences-but if it's not, it's because of the games, not because of these, quite frankly, bizarre reasons.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
Based on the following criteria: -Customization -Options -Library -Online PC is the ultimate platform.
Wolf_BladeGX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Wolf_BladeGX
Member since 2007 • 266 Posts
But it could be considered the best if you consider the depth and complexity of some of the games that come out for it. That and the overall replay value for alot of games is much much higher then their console counterparts because of the PC modding community, something that doesn't really exsist for consoles. But I agree with alot of your criteria, it's not a gaming platform that anyone can jump into and figure out, it takes alot of dedication.
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shsonline
[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]Based on the following criteria: -Customization -Options -Library -Online PC is the ultimate platform.

[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]Based on the following criteria: -Customization -Options -Library -Online PC is the ultimate platform.

Ultimate to who. Depending on who you ask, the library may not appeal to a certain gamer, and the customization may just seem unnecessary or intimidating. As a gaming platform. As a GAMING PLATFORM, PC is one of the worst platforms for a simple, streamline-needing gamer.
kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kidcool189
Member since 2008 • 4307 Posts

-ease of use ill give you this one, although it is nowwhere near as complicated as it is made out to be by some people

-compatility can be grouped with the first claim

-pick up and play can be grouped with the first claim

-standard pricing you get what you pay for, a computer does waaaaay more than just play games...OMG NO WAYZZZ

-standard peripherals what do u mean? too many other things you need? just as much as a 360

-customer service if you buy pre builts, then you can get tons of customer service, buy part by part, then u get lifetime warrantys on many things, everything if u shop right

-software stability can also be grouped within the first claim, dont get into it if u are absolutly clueless and too stubborn to learn anything

-marketing appeal who cares?

-portability laptops...you dont HAVE to play cutting edge graphic games to enjoy pc gaming

-connectivity lolwut?

etc. etc.

shsonline
responses given...

just because pc gaming is not for you, does not make it the worst platform in general whatsoever

plus, if console gaming is all mighty supurior, then why are consoles mimicing PC's more and mroe and more...

less and less ease of use through recent gens, pick up and play is fading with updates, intalls, signing in

consoles adapting the pc oriented genres... shooters/fps, online multiplayer focused games, Wrpg's...

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

Because we really needed another one, right?

thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts

Velocitas8

That picture is pretty much System Wars in a nutshell :o

That is awesome.

Northernboxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Northernboxer
Member since 2004 • 1723 Posts
If you can afford it, then yes, it is the best imo.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

-ease of use

-compatility

-pick up and play

-standard pricing

-standard peripherals

-customer service

-software stability

-marketing appeal

-portability

-connectivity

etc. etc.

shsonline

Connectivity - You actually think x360 and ps3 have more connectivity options?

marketing appeal- how is that defines how good a platform is?

compability- The pc can play any game that came out the last25 years ( since the indtroduction of dos and dos games) also add the fact that can play every game or at least almost every game of all consoles prior to the ps3,wii and 360 ( it has a better compability playing ps2 games with epcx2 from ps3)

customer service-it depends from where you bought your pc or its componets and also doesnt define how good a platform is ( same goes with consoles where i live it took me 2 months to change my x360 when it broke)

standart peripherals- Is that supposed to be better than having a huge selection of peripherals to choose from?

shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shsonline
If you can afford it, then yes, it is the best imo.Northernboxer
I can afford it many times over. and no, I don't feel its the best IMO
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Next you'll be telling us Cutler is a consistent quarterback. -ease of use - Ah the I'm too stupid to make it work defence. Seriously, how hard is it to click a mouse? Almost all games have auto updates and if not all you have to do is type "game x patch" into google. -compatility - With what exactly? If this was 1990 I'd agree with you. -pick up and play - Again how is this different? PS3 and 360 both do installs now (PS3 mandatory) -standard pricing - Hmmm so you have to overpay for things you don't need or want? -standard peripherals - Again same thing. What exactly are these peripherals you speak of that are so tough to understand because you have a choice? -customer service - *sigh* have you ever called MS/Sony/Nintendo? Anything you buy, whether games or hardware has its own customer service. -software stability - How many consoles have been supposed bricked by updates or games? -marketing appeal - Ummm, how many people do you know that don't own or use a PC? -portability - Laptops LMAO did you even think this through? Ever heard of a LAN party -connectivity - *facepalm* and how does your console connect to the internet?
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

Its ntot the best, but then at the same time its not the worst eaier.

Can console and PC owners just both settle on the fact that both gaming platforms have their pros and cons.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61524 Posts

-ease of use - i'll give you that as it is more complicated than consoles

-compatility - pc is actually more compatible than consoles, with a larger library of games, and much more varied

-pick up and play - again this goes to consoles

-standard pricing - PC games are cheaper than console games by $10

-standard peripherals - Pc has tons of standard peripherals

-customer service - Again through manufacturer's warranty on either individual parts or who made the pc

-software stability - Never had a problem and i'm running 64-bit Vista

-marketing appeal - hmmm nod to consoles

-portability - not necessarily anymore... go with a mATX pc, similar size to consoles, yet the same power as a hig end rig

-connectivity- yeah pc wins this one to

etc. etc.

So by your argument pc wins?

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
[QUOTE="Velocitas8"]

We need to stop using this pic... That face in the second slide is just scary :|
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shsonline
lol i swear the console noobs make me laugh harder everytime they post of these they are so damn dumb there just mad that consoles suck compared to pc and they just cant take it enjoy ur QQ maybe get a job and buy a real gaming platform hahahahahawehertn
I have a job. 2 actually. Why do hermits always assume money is a factor? Listen I more or less posted the original post for people like YOU, who think that because you have a gajillion options and moving parts and supercool gizmo gadgetry, doesn't mean you are the best in the mind of someone who wants to buy a console to last him 3-5 years and perform a simple streamlined function with standard responses, minimal handiwork or technical expertise and less hassle.
kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kidcool189
Next you'll be telling us Cutler is a consistent quarterback. -ease of use - Ah the I'm too stupid to make it work defence. Seriously, how hard is it to click a mouse? Almost all games have auto updates and if not all you have to do is type "game x patch" into google. -compatility - With what exactly? If this was 1990 I'd agree with you. -pick up and play - Again how is this different? PS3 and 360 both do installs now (PS3 mandatory) -standard pricing - Hmmm so you have to overpay for things you don't need or want? -standard peripherals - Again same thing. What exactly are these peripherals you speak of that are so tough to understand because you have a choice? -customer service - *sigh* have you ever called MS/Sony/Nintendo? Anything you buy, whether games or hardware has its own customer service. -software stability - How many consoles have been supposed bricked by updates or games? -marketing appeal - Ummm, how many people do you know that don't own or use a PC? -portability - Laptops LMAO did you even think this through? Ever heard of a LAN party -connectivity - *facepalm* and how does your console connect to the internet?blue_hazy_basic
:lol:
although i shouldnt be laughing since our chicago qb's are the definition of incosistent these past years
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

-ease of use

-compatility

-pick up and play

-standard pricing

-standard peripherals

-customer service

-software stability

-marketing appeal

-portability

-connectivity

etc. etc.

shsonline

LOLWUT to all the highlighted ones.

shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shsonline
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]Next you'll be telling us Cutler is a consistent quarterback. -ease of use - Ah the I'm too stupid to make it work defence. Seriously, how hard is it to click a mouse? Almost all games have auto updates and if not all you have to do is type "game x patch" into google. -compatility - With what exactly? If this was 1990 I'd agree with you. -pick up and play - Again how is this different? PS3 and 360 both do installs now (PS3 mandatory) -standard pricing - Hmmm so you have to overpay for things you don't need or want? -standard peripherals - Again same thing. What exactly are these peripherals you speak of that are so tough to understand because you have a choice? -customer service - *sigh* have you ever called MS/Sony/Nintendo? Anything you buy, whether games or hardware has its own customer service. -software stability - How many consoles have been supposed bricked by updates or games? -marketing appeal - Ummm, how many people do you know that don't own or use a PC? -portability - Laptops LMAO did you even think this through? Ever heard of a LAN party -connectivity - *facepalm* and how does your console connect to the internet?

Ouch, now why did you have to go there? Low blow. Cutler>your QB
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Ouch, now why did you have to go there? Low blow. Cutler>your QBshsonline
I'm a Redskins fan, so about 28 teams have a better QB! :P
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shsonline
[QUOTE="shsonline"]

-ease of use

-compatility-not all games are compatible with all systems, videocards, etc out of the box

-pick up and play

-standard pricing-either you can get a prebuilt one at various prices and specs, or you have to put one together at various prices and specs

-standard peripherals-you can have a crappy gamepad while someone you are playing has a good one, experience is extremely variated based on what peripherals you have

-Customer Service-numerous vendors involved. no streamlined customer service, most repair service is do it yourself

-software stability

-marketing appeal-whens the last time youve even seen a pc game commercial not named WoW. Nobody outside of pc gaming knows what the hot games are without actively doing their research

-portability-unless you invest in both a laptop

-connectivity-numerous wires, numerous hookups in the backup, can become a mess

etc. etc.

Espada12

I elaborated on the ones you had bolded

kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kidcool189
[QUOTE="shsonline"]Ouch, now why did you have to go there? Low blow. Cutler>your QBblue_hazy_basic

lol whaaaat, jason cambell is a pretty solid qb from what ive seen and read, sure he aint no manning or brady, but he pretty decent and can get the job done

if wanna talk about below average & inconsistent qb's, these are your guys :P
kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kidcool189
[QUOTE="Espada12"][QUOTE="shsonline"]

-ease of use

-compatility-not all games are compatible with all systems, videocards, etc out of the box

-pick up and play

-standard pricing-either you can get a prebuilt one at various prices and specs, or you have to put one together at various prices and specs

-standard peripherals-you can have a crappy gamepad while someone you are playing has a good one, experience is extremely variated based on what peripherals you have

-Customer Service-numerous vendors involved. no streamlined customer service, most repair service is do it yourself

-software stability

-marketing appeal-whens the last time youve even seen a pc game commercial not named WoW. Nobody outside of pc gaming knows what the hot games are without actively doing their research

-portability-unless you invest in both a laptop

-connectivity-numerous wires, numerous hookups in the backup, can become a mess

etc. etc.

shsonline

I elaborated on the ones you had bolded

but either way, all those cons are very minor/non-existant if u have atleast SOME knowledge of pc's, and in now way enough to make it the worst platform of gaming but of course its just myyyy and yooooour opinions and preferences we are argueing over which in the end gets us nowhere
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="shsonline"]Ouch, now why did you have to go there? Low blow. Cutler>your QBkidcool189

lol whaaaat, jason cambell is a pretty solid qb from what ive seen and read, sure he aint no manning or brady, but he pretty decent and can get the job done

if wanna talk about below average & inconsistent qb's, these are your guys :P

Dear god, did you see the Redskins in the 2nd half of the season? *holds head in hands*

LMAO @ spike, yea the Bears haven't had a good QB since ummmm .... well maybe I didn't need the since lol

Oh and PC is best platform (in vain attempt to somewhat on topic :D )

ao_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ao_bomber
Member since 2005 • 340 Posts

and that Keyboard+mouse>>>>>>>>> any controllerMotherRussia

Disagree.

"n52 Speedpad + Mouse" > Gaming Controller > "Keyboard + Mouse"

The speedpad can be replaced with any other gaming keyboard and will still support my above claim, but be reasonable... normal keyboards, especially laptop keyboards, just aren't suited for gaming, they're meant for typing. Certain models can really cramp your wrists during longer play sessions, not to mention you can't reach several buttons that effeiciently with normal keyboards. And playing input heavy games can get really annoying quickly when you have to scramble to knock which key does what. WoW was really uncomfortable after a playing few hours until I got the n52, now I can go pratically a whole afternoon and not get cramps, and knowing my bindings is increbly simple now.

I have no stance on what's the better system, but that quoted statement just bothers me. Take care.

shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shsonline

[QUOTE="MotherRussia"] and that Keyboard+mouse>>>>>>>>> any controllerao_bomber

Wrong. n52 Speedpad + Mouse > Gaming Controller > Keyboard + Mouse

The speedpad can be replaced with any other gaming keyboard and will still support my claim, but be reasonable... normal keyboards, especially laptop keyboards, just aren't suited for gaming.

Case in point
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts
Of course,somehow the hermits think the PC's highs overcome the piles of lows.RROD is nothing compared to the PC's hardware problems.
Archang3l_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Archang3l_666
Member since 2005 • 113 Posts
Of course,somehow the hermits think the PC's highs overcome the piles of lows.RROD is nothing compared to the PC's hardware problems.789shadow
Example please
kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kidcool189
Of course,somehow the hermits think the PC's highs overcome the piles of lows.RROD is nothing compared to the PC's hardware problems.789shadow
lol, what a worthless contribution to the thread those cons the TC listed are so minor and non existant and your right, the RROD is nothing compared to pc's hardware, its absolutly worse, no matter how well you take care of it(early models of course, and probably even the newest ones) it will eventually die out so what are all these PC hardware issues oh so knowledgable one?
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="789shadow"]Of course,somehow the hermits think the PC's highs overcome the piles of lows.RROD is nothing compared to the PC's hardware problems.kidcool189
lol, what a worthless contribution to the thread those cons the TC listed are so minor and non existant and your right, the RROD is nothing compared to pc's hardware, its absolutly worse, no matter how well you take care of it(early models of course, and probably even the newest ones) it will eventually die out so what are all these PC hardware issues oh so knowledgable one?

I agree, I have yet had a failure of any type. Also when you do most great companies have excellent customer support, and if they think you are unsatisfied they sometime upgrade the part that failed. Also RROD is a bigger issue.
Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts

Customer service? What? I built the machine myself from various vendors, how am going to get bad customer service??

And the above poster about RROD on the Xbox and saying PC's are worse, what a load of crap! Where did you buy your machine from? I build my machines with quality parts. in fact since I've been building them (from about 2001) I havn't had a single machine fail that I couldn't fix. My current machine is three years old and going strong.

As for poor customer service with PC vendors, it depends on the manufacturer, some are great some are utter rubbish, but since I'm a techie I havn't had the pleasure of late.

Anyway console customer service if frought with the same problems, MS support isn't too good (they did fix my Xbox 360 twice without too much bother) but when you call you get transfered to a call centre in India! Nintendo's wasnt bad though.

Last time I called Sony it got through in less than 3 seconds, spoke to a fellow Brit and they even sent me a free hard drive caddy with screws!

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts

-ease of use

-compatility

-pick up and play

-standard pricing

-standard peripherals

-customer service

-software stability

-marketing appeal

-portability

-connectivity

etc. etc.

shsonline
-You are using one now -? what do you mean? xp is comp wiv everything -wireless controllers from consoles -that's a good thing, right price for what you use it for -not true -dell -no less stable than consoles -everyone has a pc, WoW and Sims huge -laptop -connects to internet before consoles even thought of it. In short, 1)wth are you smoking? 2) can i have some?
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

[QUOTE="789shadow"]Of course,somehow the hermits think the PC's highs overcome the piles of lows.RROD is nothing compared to the PC's hardware problems.kidcool189

Can you say with 100% certainty that if I put a new game in my PC,it will work the first time???Oh superior one???

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 millerlight89

[QUOTE="kidcool189"][QUOTE="789shadow"]Of course,somehow the hermits think the PC's highs overcome the piles of lows.RROD is nothing compared to the PC's hardware problems.789shadow

Can you say with 100% certainty that if I put a new game in my PC,it will work the first time???Oh superior one???

Not if your PC is a pile of crap.
clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts

[QUOTE="kidcool189"][QUOTE="789shadow"]Of course,somehow the hermits think the PC's highs overcome the piles of lows.RROD is nothing compared to the PC's hardware problems.789shadow

If you don't know about system recquirements it's amazing you installed your internet connection to begin with.
lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lespaul1919
Member since 2003 • 7074 Posts
but its the best and most skillful for shooters. thats all that matters. halo pc 4 life.
kidcool189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kidcool189

with some common sense and a little basic pc knowledge of your own pc and in general, then yes :D
ZZsharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ZZsharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 322 Posts
I've never liked playing on pc, I could never get used to using the kb+m combo, so I went to the consoles.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 millerlight89
I've never liked playing on pc, I could never get used to using the kb+m combo, so I went to the consoles.ZZsharpshooter
Some people can't handle it and that is perfectly fine.
lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lespaul1919
Member since 2003 • 7074 Posts

its just practice man.

but once you do some stuff you could never do with a controller, its hard to go back

shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 shsonline

[QUOTE="wehertn"]lol i swear the console noobs make me laugh harder everytime they post of these they are so damn dumb there just mad that consoles suck compared to pc and they just cant take it enjoy ur QQ maybe get a job and buy a real gaming platform hahahahahalowe0

Let's dismantle this pathetic excuse for an argument real quick here:

Noob? Nope, been gaming on PCs since Doom, and consoles since Super Mario Bros..

Get a job? Nope, already quite happy with the one I have. Being a senior software developer has its perks.

Buy a real gaming platform? I have all of them, and I still prefer my consoles over my PC. Since I own all of them, what platform would you suggest I buy?

I'm sure it's more comfortable for you to pretend that anyone whose preferences don't match yours must be mentally or financially deficient, but I have a polite suggestion: get over yourself, because you're not special. You're just another guy with a PC.

Ouch. But you summed up a little more articulately what I could not. I've been gaming myself since Oregon Trail, Commander Keen, Jazz Jackrabbit, Commander Keen, Kings Quest, etc. etc. I've even tried modern PC games like The Witcher and WIC and just could not sustain a ton of interest playing them. It's not about money, its not about technical knowhow. It's just...not for me. And I know there are plenty like me that feel the same way.
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts
well based on my perspective and assessment it's one of the best platforms available :)
ZZsharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ZZsharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 322 Posts

[QUOTE="ZZsharpshooter"]I've never liked playing on pc, I could never get used to using the kb+m combo, so I went to the consoles.millerlight89
Some people can't handle it and that is perfectly fine.

Indeed, too many buttons on the keyboard for me. But I'd be fine if I got a 360 controller. I might try that...

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

And yet, gaming consoles are trying harder and harder to be like PC's they barely resemble "plug-n-play" consoles anymore. You argument failed at the beginning of this generation.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

And yet, gaming consoles are trying harder and harder to be like PC's they barely resemble "plug-n-play" consoles anymore. You argument failed at the beginning of this generation.

foxhound_fox
And they need to knock that **** off. I don't mind stuff like installs or patches, so long as it's done automatically when you put the disc in, but it seems stupid that developers are letting traditional console advantages like split-screen go to waste, while not preserving console simplicity in new areas (example: Warhawk's use of a server browser vs. Halo 3's skill-based matchmaking). We don't want a copy of PC gaming!
death919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#49 death919
Member since 2004 • 4724 Posts
All of those things COULD apply if PC didn't have Diablo 2, but a game of such perfection, of such beauty, automatically eliminates the competition.
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

foxhound_fox
i like to think it never succeeded as an argument. i've never seen anyone successfully attack the PC as a platform when compared to consoles.