"Escape From Tarkov". STALKER/Rainbow Six like PC Only First Person Shooter. UPDATE.

• 100 results
Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Battlestate Games revealed first gameplay footage of their upcoming game. It is said to be "hardcore narrative MMO mix of FPS/TPS and RPG genres" in which the protagonist finds himself in modern Russian the city sunk into anarchy: only the fittest will solve the mysteries of Tarkov and get out alive. The game is playable Online and Offline.

Here are the game’s key features:

• Hardcore online action RPG/Simulator in a contemporary Russian setting. In Escape from Tarkov, everything hinges on the player and their ability to adapt, survive and overcome any obstruction.
  • Story-oriented game advancement with unique quest elaboration. By completing missions and tasks, players not only learn the history of the Tarkov conflict, but also increase their chances to survive and escape the hot zone.
  • Next-level realism. Escape from Tarkov is a combat simulator that includes a multitude of hazardous influences. Player actions are influenced by numerous factors, from character’s injuries and physical state to environmental effects.
  • Absolute freedom of actions and character control. the game employs 100% realistic ballistics, a full procedural effect system, absolute control of movement, interaction with environment, stealth actions and more. Escape from Tarkov also employs advanced system weapon handling and customization.
  • Unique skills and character progress system. The character receives different types of experience depending on what they are doing. The player can improve more than 100 skills that are separated into 4 types: physical, cognitive, combat and practical.
  • Individual game progress and choice of tactics. Raids on enemy bases, stealth operations, cooperative missions, trading, exploring, collecting resources, radio communications – in Tarkov, every player finds something for themselves.
  • AI-controlled economy influenced by players. The character can barter useful resources, engage in auction activities or open their own business with subordinates and systems.
  • Multitude of offline activities. Healing, trading, spying, weapons improvement and customization, management of loot stashes, researches, etc.
  • Escape from Tarkov is planning for a closed beta test in early 2016.

http://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/escape-from-tarkov-hardcore-narrative-mmo-mix-of-fpstps-rpg-genres-action-gameplay-trailer/

Announcement Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPlnHe9l34E

Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a70_QmnjhCU

UPDATE:

Confirmed: The Game is playable Offline.

UPDATE 2:

Set in the fictional Russian city of Tarkov, Escape From Tarkov immerses players in the middle of an anarchic conflict between two private military companies, which act as a traditional MMO’s factions. Players choose to join one of these companies, and then set off to do battle with their enemy, discover Tarkov’s secrets, and figure out just why Tarkov is sealed off from the rest of the world by UN and Russian military forces. The Tarkov team described the game’s setting as such:

Tarkov is the fictional financial and industrial capital of Northern Russia, set in the present time of an alternate history. Due to certain events, caused by illegal activities of Terra Group transnational corporation, a conflict emerges between two private military companies, and in the wake of this conflict, the destabilization of the region escalates for no apparent reason. The player’s character becomes entangled in the knot of incomprehensible events in downtown Tarkov, and has to find the way out before the imminent downfall. The city is crawling with local raiders, employees of hostile PMC, peacekeepers and a host of shady characters of unclear loyalties pursuing unknown goals. Everything about Tarkov events is deeply realistic, there was no mysterious cataclysm or alien invasion. We intend to create a world on the brink of civilization’s collapse due to human factors as a background story for Russia 2028 universe. The events that take place in Escape From Tarkov shall lead to war that will throw society into the neo-feudalism. The player’s character is at the center of these events, whose greatest interest, aside escaping from Tarkov, is to figure out what is happening not only in the city, but in the outside world as well.

In an interview posted on Russian website MMO13, Battlestate stated that “there will be no servers in their common sense, only Raid game sessions and a free roam server with separate settings.” Players can either adventure solo or band together to complete quests and participate both in PvE (player vs. Environment, or AI) and PvP (player vs. player) combat. Escape From Tarkov abides by traditional MMO elements, like “quests, PvP/PvE raids, strong storytelling component, [and a] detailed inventory and cache management and economic system.” It also eschews traditional MMO combat elements by delivering a realistic ballistics system for its guns, as well as real-time combat instead of turn-based combat. The Tarkov team summed up the gameplay experience as “partly [resembling] Destiny and [the] yet to be released The Division, but with a bias for realism and hardcore.”

Escape From Tarkov’s main game mode will be based on completing main scenarios called Raids, which take place in a variety of locales from suburbs to chemical plants and will eventually lead to the player’s escape from the Tarkov hotzone. 64 players can participate in a Raid at a time. During a Raid, players will procure loot and experience points, which can be spent on a complex skill system. Players can enter Raids alone or with a group. The game’s world is not persistent, either; according to the Tarkov team, Raids “will feature the daytime and weather changes and various random events, like mortar strikes or invasions of local looters, The Savages.” Once opened, Raids can be revisited as many times as players would like. They can also be explored solo, without interference from other players, in a mode called Free Roam.

Each of these Raids will unveil more about Tarkov’s dark past. The Tarkov team promised that they “will gradually present [the game’s story] in the quests in the form of info-carrying items, conversations and cinematics,” with many items prompting players to solve riddles that will uncover pieces of backstory when solved.

The aforementioned skill system features “over 150 skills with unique abilities split into 4 categories – physical, mental, combat and practical – which cover all aspects of character development.” Players must maintain these skills by investing experience points in them. If neglected for too long, skills will begin to fade. When a player chooses a private military company (PMC) at the start of the game, they will be given a starter kit of weapons and supplies. As the player progresses throughout the game, their physical and moral actions will determine how their avatar will be classified over time.

On the subject of weapons, players will acquire new firearms as they explore Tarkov. Building an arsenal is intended to be difficult, as players will also have to manage their survival supplies like food, medicine, and currency. Players can trade loot for other desired loot both with NPCs and with players. The guns themselves are intended to operate as remarkably lifelike recreations:

All weapons featured in the game are absolutely real and have truly lifelike physical properties. They get misaligned, jam and malfunction in all sorts of ways. We guarantee you hadn’t seen anything like this before. As for nonexistent exotic guns like railguns and stuff, we’re not going to introduce any. Realism all the way.

Survival in Tarkov is intended to be “exciting and lifelike,” as the player will have to not only fend off other players, but also disease, radiation poisoning, and starvation. Banding together with other players will be crucial to complete high-level Raids, but players can also betray each other at any point for loot. As described by the Tarkov team,

When you die in the raid, you lose all equipment, except for the money in the secure containers [which are organized outside of raids and act as a private stash for each player]. First, by playing with partners you get to upgrade you skills together (in a hivemind manner). Second, you can communicate with them either via preset radio commands (loot found, enemy spotted, get the door, exit found etc) or your own voice on the microphone. Some of the scenarios specifically require teamplay, as some of the actions will need at least two persons to perform. Third, more guns (especially tactically advantageous ones) can make that very difference that will get you through scenario alive. And finally, more hands mean more loot!

Players will also be able to form traditional MMO guilds, as well as form trade guilds that specialize in exchanging goods in the Tarkov wastelands.

As mentioned before, players will be able to not only kill enemy PMC members, but also their own teammates, for loot. This is discouraged for the most part, however, since a karma system will affect the player in ways that were not discussed in the interview. For players itching to sate their PvP hunger, a team deathmatch mode is also available so players can hone their skills. No word was mentioned on whether there will be traditional ranking ladders for the PvP mode.

The Tarkov team concluded their interview by stating that there is still plenty of work to be done. In terms of features, “it is about 70% ready. Contentwise, it’s only about 30%.” The team plans to launch a closed beta in Q1 2016, with an early access/open beta following soon after. Those interested can sign up on the game’s official website.

Escape From Tarkov is slated to release in Q2 2016 for both PC and Mac operating systems.

http://games.mxdwn.com/news/battlestate-games-reveals-gameplay-trailer-for-upcoming-fps-mmo-escape-from-tarkov-discusses-core-details-in-interview/

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

tired of apocalyptic shooters

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cloud_imperium
@ghosts4ever said:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b9HLJMG8pb9Ow_S1AwvfoO6OUlj6j3wZwLz9eN-fS6g/edit?pli=1#heading=h.ns0nw19oe7px

heres interview

its cross between Stalker and rainbow six. it has offline content

Excellent.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#6 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I can smell the bugs from here. I'd be up for a game like this but so many have tried and failed, my default stance will be to assume this will have the same fate. Would love to be wrong though

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b9HLJMG8pb9Ow_S1AwvfoO6OUlj6j3wZwLz9eN-fS6g/edit?pli=1#heading=h.ns0nw19oe7px

. it has offline content

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Good find TC, this is now one of my hyped games for 2016

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

MMO

Yeah, I'll skip.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10  Edited By GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Offline and online? I'm curious how that works. Perhaps Dark Souls style?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@walloftruth said:
@lostrib said:

Tired of MMO's.

tired of russia

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kozio
Member since 2015 • 781 Posts
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Escape from Tarkov – a new project from Russian developer Battlestate Games (whose members used to work on such franchises as S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Mass Effect, and BioShock). Players will visit a large (16 square kilometers), open city of Tarkov, whose ruins became an arena for two rivaling military organizations. Escape from Tarkov will put much emphasis on story, realism, survival, and team-based combat, but also on exploration and extra activities. Sounds like a crossover between Tom Clancy's The Division, Insurgency and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (or DayZ without zombies), doesn’t it?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58961 Posts

Now this does look good.

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kozio

I got excited for this since I love the post-apocalyptic Russian settting - (Metro and STALKER are two of my favorite games).

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cloud_imperium
@IgGy621985 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

MMO

Yeah, I'll skip.

Did you even read the whole thing?

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

looks very interesting seem like rainbow six/stalker

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@IgGy621985 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

MMO

Yeah, I'll skip.

I did. It will have some sort of an offline mode. But the game still isn't anywhere near a "Stalker like" FPS title.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Cloud_imperium
@kozio said:

I got excited for this since I love the post-apocalyptic Russian settting - (Metro and STALKER are two of my favorite games).

Same here. Love dark and immersive stuff like Metro and STALKER.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheFadeForever

@IgGy621985 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@IgGy621985 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

MMO

Yeah, I'll skip.

I did. It will have some sort of an offline mode. But the game still isn't anywhere near a "Stalker like" FPS title.

Its more of a rainbow six with a stalker feeling

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@mems_1224 said:
@walloftruth said:
@lostrib said:

Tired of MMO's.

tired of russia

This is a very tiring game

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Kozio
@TheFadeForever said:
@IgGy621985 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@IgGy621985 said:

Yeah, I'll skip.

It also kinda reminds me of three other tactical shooter games which are still in development.

The title is the debut production of the BlackFoot Studios team, made out of veterans of such projects as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Rogue Spear and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon.

Loading Video...

The ambitious Polish thriller shooter by The Farm 51, mainly known for NecrovisioN franchise and the latest installment in Painkiller series.

A tactical squad-based FPS from the creators of Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cloud_imperium

So, I noticed 2 things in the gameplay footage. First, there is no UI on screen and you have to check remaining bullets manually.

Second, each body part takes damage separately and icon only appears (upper left corner) when bullet hits you.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

Looks pretty sweet. I like how the scopes work and the fact you can switch between aiming down the scope or the iron sights. It looks a hell of a lot better than most of the trash FPS games that get all the attention.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheFadeForever

@kozio said:
@TheFadeForever said:
@IgGy621985 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@IgGy621985 said:

Yeah, I'll skip.

It also kinda reminds me of three other tactical shooter games which are still in development.

The title is the debut production of the BlackFoot Studios team, made out of veterans of such projects as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Rogue Spear and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon.

Loading Video...

The ambitious Polish thriller shooter by The Farm 51, mainly known for NecrovisioN franchise and the latest installment in Painkiller series.

A tactical squad-based FPS from the creators of Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2

The game in general looks pretty hardcore based on the gameplay

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

Was hoping for monsters when I heard it was stalker like, dammit what they heck are survarium team doing I want my freeplay

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

Was hoping for monsters when I heard it was stalker like, dammit what they heck are survarium team doing I want my freeplay

i was also waiting for some monsters in the trailer. The gunplay did look fun and im down for anything like stalker.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

@lawlessx said:
@NoodleFighter said:

i was also waiting for some monsters in the trailer. The gunplay did look fun and im down for anything that anything like stalker.

The backstory they provided for the game doesn't take place after a apocalyptic event but some crisis that occurred in the city so mutants roaming around wouldn't make much sense. Who knows maybe some enemies from the result of experiments will show up in the game.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lawlessx

@kozio said:
@TheFadeForever said:
@IgGy621985 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@IgGy621985 said:

Yeah, I'll skip.

Loading Video...

For those who don't know Squad are entering early access on dec 15th. If you preown now on their main site you pay only $30 compared to the $40 that they will charge on steam.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts
@blueeyedcasva said:
@lawlessx said:
@NoodleFighter said:

i was also waiting for some monsters in the trailer. The gunplay did look fun and im down for anything that anything like stalker.

The backstory they provided for the game doesn't take place after a apocalyptic event but some crisis that occurred in the city so mutants roaming around wouldn't make much sense. Who knows maybe some enemies from the result of experiments will show up in the game.

Just some wild animals would be more than enough for me. The gun play does look really satisfying so no creatures won't turn me away from this.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#30  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

It has potential for sure. I like the grittiness. I will follow it.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BlueEyedCasva

@NoodleFighter said:
@blueeyedcasva said:
@lawlessx said:
@NoodleFighter said:

Just some wild animals would be more than enough for me. The gun play does look really satisfying so no creatures won't turn me away from this.

Yes attack dogs lol

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheFadeForever

@Cloud_imperium: The visuals look great almost reminds me of BF4 style. Also you should add the division in the title as well.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lawlessx

@blueeyedcasva said:
@NoodleFighter said:
@blueeyedcasva said:
@lawlessx said:

Yes attack dogs lol

invisible wild dogs!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

The footage didn't turn me off, I'll give it that, but that's not Stalker. Which I guess is fine, the scope thing seems kind of rad that it doesn't work the way you are used to in these other games. Somewhat interested, I'll believe in the game when I see a human being playing the game.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Looks generic as hell.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

Looks generic as hell.

It looks less generic than a lot shooter out there now gameplay wise. There even has a actual ballistic system.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

@lostrib said:

I don't think it qualifies as a apocalyptic shooter but more along the lines of The Division/Rainbowsix. It doesn't take place after a apocalyptic event but more like a crisis where people fled the city with two private military groups are at odds with each other.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ant_17

@godspellwh said:
@Ant_17 said:

Looks generic as hell.

It looks less generic than a lot shooter out there now gameplay wise

Looks less generic gameplay wise?

Have you not "seen" a military shooter before?

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GodspellWH

@Ant_17 said:
@godspellwh said:
@Ant_17 said:

Looks generic as hell.

Dude how many shooters have a ballistic system and no UI. You can even switch from aiming through the scope or iron sight. The magazine also have to be checked in order to know how much ammo it has. Looks like there even animation to open and look through doors.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@godspellwh said:
@Ant_17 said:
@godspellwh said:
@Ant_17 said:

Looks generic as hell.

Dude how many shooters have a ballistic system and no UI. You can even switch from looking through the scope or iron sight.

He thinks its a auto aim cod console shooter

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ant_17
@godspellwh said:
@Ant_17 said:
@godspellwh said:
@Ant_17 said:

Looks generic as hell.

Dude how many shooters have a ballistic system and no UI. You can even switch from aiming through the scope or iron sight. The magazine also have to be checked in order to know how much ammo it has. Looks like there even animation to open and look through doors.

What does the mechanics of the game have to do with the generic look of the game?

With a name like that and comparing it to Stalker, i was thinking an Escape From New York type game.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GodspellWH

@Ant_17 said:
@godspellwh said:
@Ant_17 said:
@godspellwh said:

What does the mechanics of the game have to do with the generic look of the game?

With a name like that and comparing it to Stalker, i was thinking an Escape From New York type game.

If you actually understood what I meant by "gameplay wise it looked less generic" you would have known it had everything to do with the mechanics of the game unless your lacking common sense. What your talking about is setting and atmosphere wise.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ant_17

@godspellwh said:
@Ant_17 said:
@godspellwh said:
@Ant_17 said:
@godspellwh said:

I said gameplay wise it looked less generic not the way it looked

Well, none of us have played, so i can't say anything about that if it works in the game.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GodspellWH

@Ant_17 said:
@godspellwh said:
@Ant_17 said:
@godspellwh said:

I said gameplay wise it looked less generic not the way it looked

Well, none of us have played, so i can't say anything about that if it works in the game.

Unless your lacking common sense everything I said was related to the gameplay so no shit its about the mechanics. They just showed capture gameplay what doesn't work?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ant_17
@godspellwh said:
@Ant_17 said:

Unless your lacking common sense everything I said was related to the gameplay so no shit its about the mechanics. They just showed capture gameplay what doesn't work?

Well, since you don't lack buthurt about me saying it looks generic, go play One Life since you're into mechanics.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By GodspellWH

@Ant_17 said:
@godspellwh said:
@Ant_17 said:

Well, since you don't lack buthurt about me saying it looks generic, go play One Life since you're into mechanics.

The comment you made pretty much said you were questioning me about the gameplay why else would you put a question mark behind your first sentence. Looks like someone jumping to conclusion without thinking.

"Looks less generic gameplay wise?

Have you not "seen" a military shooter before?"

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Ant_17

@godspellwh said:
@Ant_17 said:
@godspellwh said:
@Ant_17 said:

The comment you made pretty much said you were referring to gameplay why else would you put a question mark behind your first sentence

Did the word "look" means something else aside from the visuals?

And the bold says "seen" not "played".

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By GodspellWH

That comes off vague especially when it came after your first sentence. Look at what? That doesn't specify what you actually mean when it literally comes off as anything about the game.

@Ant_17 said:
@godspellwh said:
@Ant_17 said:
@godspellwh said:

The comment you made pretty much said you were referring to gameplay why else would you put a question mark behind your first sentence

Did the word "look" means something else aside from the visuals?

And the bold says "seen" not "played".

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BlueEyedCasva

@IgGy621985 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

MMO

Yeah, I'll skip.

Its confirmed there a offline and online mode with things to do

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

the gameplay looked pretty bland, meh. I love Russia as a setting, but the supernatural, anamoly, survival ,crazy blowouts etc were what made the stalker games so damn interesting.

Playing SOC through with autumn aurora 2 and it's just so damn good.