Own more then one console, which do you favor and why?

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts

I have a ps3 and xbox 360, and a PSP Go. I only bought the 360 to play Mass Effect 1 & 2 before they came out on the ps3. Have not completed a game since on the system, its almost a year now. I actually favor my PS3 a lot because I'm a Sony guy, plus the online is free and it's good quality fun (exclusives). I, however, have yet to finish a game on the PSP go, I have 5 games on the Go, and 10 UMD games that have not even been played yet or opened (UMD's). You folks?

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

I have a pc, ps3, xbox 360, and had a Wii. I prefer my pc obviously, but ps3 would be my second choice, because its the one with the most localized japanese games.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

I own both a 360 and a PS3 and I basically like them about the same. The PS3 does better with exclusives, while the 360 does better with multiplats, interface, and online features. I like my PC the best of all though.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i own ps3 and 360 (used to own wii) i favor ps3 because i like playing on the system more and the controller is perfect
arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I have Gamecube, PS1, PS2, PS3, 360, Wii and PC.

I prefer the PS3. I have 2 of them, one of them is a 4 usb 80gb console that is backwards compatible with PS1 & PS2 games. The other is a PS3 Slim.

I like the games the most on the PS3. I feel like Sony is the only company with exclusive studios that are still willing to take risks and keep the industry feeling fresh. Don't get me wrong, I like Halo, Gears of War, Super Mario Galaxy and Zelda, but it is just more of the same, especially Gears and Halo, in a generation of gaming where it seems like every single developer has released a game within the same genre. With the PS3, you have unique games with unique experiences that also happen to be amazing with high production values. Games like Heavy Rain, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 1 & 2, LittleBigPlanet, Demon's Souls, Infamous 1 & 2, all offer one of a kind experiences you can't find anywhere else. Then you have very high quality exclusive titles like Killzone 2 & 3, Resistance 1, 2 & 3, God of War 3, MLB The Show, and plenty more that are just awesome. The 360 and the Wii each have a solid line up of games as well, but all things considered, quality, quantity, variety, they just don't measure up to PS3. My most anticipated game this generation is The Last Guardian, and that game looks extremely unique. I'm sure the game will be great and there will be nothing else like it released this generation.

I also like the blu ray drive for a few reasons. Blu ray discs allow for games that are multiple discs on 360 to be on one disc on PS3, so I always get the PS3 version because of this. It also allows for 1st party developers to add more content to their games. I also really like how blu ray discs have a scratch resistant coating on them, making it so used game purchases look brand new and you also never have to worry about scratching your games.

The free online is a big plus to me. I buy all my multi-platform games on PS3, especially ones with online components. I mainly just use my Wii and 360 for exclusives, and PS3 for multi-plats and exclusives.

Gotham-Calls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gotham-Calls
Member since 2011 • 335 Posts

i own ps3,wii, xbox 360 and i prefer them in that order. ps3 has free online, so i usually buy all my multiplats for that unless there is something really wrong with it then i 'll get the 360 version. ps3 has more games that i enjoy. netflix on ps3 keeps me entertained.i watch my blu-ray collection all the time. so its an easy choice for me.

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts
Own all 3 but favor the 360. Why? Better controller, better online experience.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Have a 360 and PS3, but I like them both equally. PS3 is great for the exclusives and free online, as well as Bluray andall around greathardware.The 360 is better for online gameplay and talking to friends, as well as a more comfortable controller.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I used to have both a PS3 and a 360. I no longer have a 360.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

I own a PS3 and 360 (sold the wii a few months back) Oddly enough I do not favor either one. I tend to prefer my PSP and PC. I do not play one console more than the other. It really just depends what games I'm playing at the time.

the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

Out of all of them? The PC because it does everything best.

Out of my consoles (360 and PS3)? The 360. It functions like a console should, I put the game in and it plays it. Plus the 360 has a great controller that people with grown up sized hands can actually used comfortably.

androflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 androflash
Member since 2005 • 1034 Posts

I own a PS3 and a 360, got rid of the wii about a year ago. The wii had its moments, but it just wasn't for me. As for the 360 and PS3, I got the 360 first and liked it, used to be my main console, until I got my PS3. What I did was buy multiplayer based games for my 360 and single player games for my PS3, which worked out pretty great. But then I started to feel like I wasn't really using Live enough to justify the price, and not only that, but my HDD starting reaching its maximum capacity, my controller started to fail, I never really enjoyed navigating the interface and I never really liked the way transactions were handled (points system). The PS3, on the other hand, has what I believe is a very flexible and likeable interface, a great (my favorite) controller, a huge HDD (at least it was at the time I bought it, now there are better options), a free online subscription and my favorite exclusives. I think PlayStation Store could use some work, but it gets the job done.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

got a semi gaming laptop (yea I know) and a Wii. Had a PS3 but it yellow lighted on me(thankfully I have friends and family who own the system):x

edit - I prefer my lappy honestly, but only because I also like watching tv whilst playing games or internet surfing.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17683 Posts

I own all, and prefer the 360. Far superior controller, better implemented online functionality, and it's not broken like my PS3 constantly is. I've had to replace 3 PS3s, paid for two new ones and got the other under warranty, and even this one is now not working (no controller will sync with thesystem, plugged in or not). I've sent it in under warranty twice, got it back both times still not working. Am just tired of all the trouble....I'll send it in again when a game comes out that's an exclusive, but if I can I avoid playing on Sony's machine at all costs. I've just had terrible, terrible luck with them this gen.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44643 Posts
Between my Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii, I prefer my Xbox 360 more, I don't mind playing the online since I think it's features are better and I do a lot of online gaming, it's easier to see what friends are up to and communicate with them, I like their exclusives well enough to have an Xbox 360 and I also do all my multiplatform gaming on it, I like the controller better, I like the use of the headset over that of the blue-tooth, my PS3 comes in second, they've a lot of exclusives though a few of them have been disappointing, but many have been good enough to warrant having the PS3, plus they've a lot of the same multiplatform titles where I'd probably be satisfied with it if I didn't have an Xbox 360, I also still play a lot of my old PS2 games on it (since it's BC) and I've a lot of them that I still value, both the PS3 and Xbox 360 have great downloadable games at good prices that don't get much recognition but I'm always interested in what they release, my Wii comes 3rd, I fire it up once in a while to play the occasional exclusives, I mean I can't pass up on Nintendo IPs and the other worthy exclusives but since they've slowed down on releasing them I've mostly been focusing on getting older GameCube games I never got to play, I used to get the Wii VC games but their lack of good releases has slowed this down, and disappoints me since they've so much potential in that area. Anyhow, I still value all 3 consoles and I don't regret getting any of them, but again I prefer my Xbox 360 more, that's just how I roll.
stizz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 stizz-
Member since 2011 • 728 Posts

PC, but if I had to choose a console I'd go with PS3. I do most of my gaming on PC but when I go to consoles I like my JRPGs and imports.

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts
I haven't turned on my PS3 in some time now. I don't think I favor a system just depend on what game I'm into at the moment. Last week I was stuck on Just Cause 2 and now I'm on MH Tri.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts
I have a PC, a PS3 and a 360 that RROD's with a disc in the drive but is able to play games off of the HDD. The PC is the best, the PS3 is only good for the few exclusives and the Blu ray player, and the 360 is mostly garbage.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

360 for me it gives me better online, better controller, games I want, and Microsoft has a strong stance on their Arcade section offering continous quality.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

I own a PC, PS3, and 360. I probably favour the PS3 and PC the most, each for different reasons. I like all my systems; I see no point in hiding behind a wall of fanboyism.

peterw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 peterw007
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

The Wii. Why? Because it acts as a game console and doesn't try to be anything that it's not.

NO I don't want to go on Facebook. NO I don't want Twitter. NO I don't want to watch television.

I just want to play video games, for god's sake.

It's like Nintendo is the only company that actually understands that.

---

Don't get me wrong...I love PS3 exclusives and I game mostly on my PC.

But it's just the company's attitude towards their customers.

Nintendo's as stubborn as hell to conform, and I respect them for that.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44643 Posts

The Wii. Why? Because it acts as a game console and doesn't try to be anything that it's not.

NO I don't want to go on Facebook. NO I don't want Twitter. NO I don't want to watch television.

I just want to play video games, for god's sake.

It's like Nintendo is the only company that actually understands that.

---

Don't get me wrong...I love PS3 exclusives and I game mostly on my PC.

But it's just the company's attitude towards their customers.

Nintendo's as stubborn as hell to conform, and I respect them for that.

peterw007
nobody actually twists your arms into all that stuff on the other consoles, you can play games on it just as easy
peterw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 peterw007
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

nobody actually twists your arms into all that stuff on the other consoles, you can play games on it just as easylamprey263

It's all about the attitude.

Sony and Microsoft try to be these all-in-one multimedia hubs, or some junk like that.

Nintendo remembers it's long heritage. That's why you don't see them making cinematic, cover-based shooters like everybody else.

Avatar image for Chemical_Viking
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chemical_Viking
Member since 2010 • 2145 Posts

I've got PS3, 360 and PC. Out of the two consoles I prefer the PS3. It's not a big gulf, in my case it came down to perceived noisiness from my old 360 and the fact that my brother would instantly "borrow" any of my 360 games the second I bought them which led me to buy most of my games on the PS3, but since then in terms of exclusives and other areas (particularly the BBC Iplayer) means my PS3 has seen a lot more action.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

I favor the PS3. I prefer the exclusives and I figure that the Bluray disc is tougher to ruin so I feel safer with my purchase. All of my hard earned trophies on PS3 far outweigh the achievements I've unlocked. My Nintendo Wii gets pretty much no play time, it's a terrible console. Pretty sad when it's best games are old games on the virtual console lol.

My 360 collects dust for the most part. Although I did beat Mass Effect 1 and 2 on it recently and that was a very enjoyable expierence. I can't seem to bring myself to finish off Gears 1 or Halo ODST becausethey bothgot suchterrible campaigns, much like I can't bring myself to finish off the campaigns on Resistance 2 or Killzone 2.

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
PS3/360 and PC. I play PC the most ( online gaming is where it is at) then its my ps3 for exclusives, and 360 for halo and gears ( altho i dont have gold anymore ) to be honest my 360 its been collecting dust since a bit after halo reach came out.
OfficerLeach_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 OfficerLeach_
Member since 2010 • 419 Posts

Got a Ps3 and 360 and PSP...I prefer the PSP because im always on the go and not at home alot anymore and do alot of traveling...but when im home I like playing the PS3 more simply because the community on there are more around my age and more mature but 2011 was good for games for once so theres that...I dont like playing 360 online unless its Halo but I loved the exclusives they had back in the day but lately its just been a dvd player ( my fav movies are on bluray though :/ )

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

Of this gen: PC, PS3, Wii, DS, 3DS, and PSP. Preference is for PC sense it's the most convenient. DS is my favored system though. Wii and PS3 are mostly ignored, although I have been working on my Wii library lately, struggling to find something interesting on PS3. PSP is great, but I mostly just have RPGs on it, and I've had no time for them lately, so it goes mostly unplayed (until I get around to playing through some of the RPGs), although I enjoy a game of Hammerin Hero, Castlevania Chronicls, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, and Alien Zombie Death every now and again. Great system, just need to get around to playing through the RPGs.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

I have all systems and this is my ranking, according to my time consumption.

1. PS3
2. PC
3. 3DS
4. XBOX360
5. Wii
6. NDS
7. PSP

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

All my game playing has been on the 360 for a period of time. I'm stuck on Reach at the moment. Objectively speaking though, I still see the PS3 as the superior platform based on build quality, exclusives, and the overall fact that Sony just keeps putting money into new game development. I understand that there's still multiplatform games coming to both consoles, but what sets the two apart for me is just that: Sony puts money into software that supports the product I bought, and MS puts money into marketing an additional product for the product I bought.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
I used to own all the consoles, now i have none of them. The Wii was sold first because it probably was played for a total of 5 hours, its just that boring for me. The xbox 360 was sold 2nd, because there really werent any games i liked on it, and the pay for online is disappointing. The ps3 i sold just a few weeks ago, i actually loved my ps3 but after i started gaming on the pc, i moved away from it. So, i guess Pc.
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#32 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
I own a PSP, DS, PS3 and a Wii. My favourite handheld is the DS, I have a lot of PSP games that I like but some series on the DS (Layton, PW) make it the better handheld for me, I played my Wii a lot up to 2010 but I then got my PS3 and around the same time the games started drying up for the Wii whilst the PS3 continues to get more and more which is why I prefer my PS3. I also have a lot more friends with a PS3.
extracrispy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 extracrispy
Member since 2004 • 8632 Posts

I have 360 and wii and I def play my 360 more, DiRT3 is sucking my life away and I love every minute of it :)

incuensuocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 incuensuocha
Member since 2009 • 1514 Posts
I have all three current gen consoles, and a few legacy consoles, and by far I prefer the PS3. The exclusives are, IMO, easily the best. And I prefer the DS3 to the XBOX controller. Also, as a PSN+ member, I love checking out new games all the time at no additional cost.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#35 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i like both of my ps3 and 360.

TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

I have all of them, and honestly it would go like this:

1.)PS3

2.)PC

3.)PSP/Vita

4.)360

5.)3DS

6.)Bacon

7.)Wii

spaceninja818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 spaceninja818
Member since 2009 • 425 Posts

1st 360 for multiplats

2nd and 3rd are PS3 and PC for exclusives

4th PS2 for all the great games I missed last gen

5th PSP for portable gaming and remote play

6th Wii for a pretty blue light from its disc slot

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts
PC > X360 > PS3 > Wii
subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#42 subyman
Member since 2005 • 1719 Posts

I like my systems for different reasons:

360: I love the arcade games and primarily play those and very cheap 1-2 year old games on it (pick them up for around 9.99)

PS3: I try to get most of my multi-plats on the PS3. I use it exclusively to stream/play movies.

PC: If I had to choose between all three, I would take the PC over the consoles. I love me a steam sale :)

SteamedBennet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SteamedBennet
Member since 2011 • 534 Posts

I own all systems, but do most of my gaming on PC and PS3.

I prefer the PS3 controller over Xbox, because that's what I've used since I bought the ps one at launch, and I'm used to it.

I use my PC to play first-person shooters because kb/m > controller in that genre.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

I own a PC, 360 and PS3.

Between the consoles I use 360 exclusively until gold runs out in 2012, my PS3 is in the closet.

Other than that I'm a Playstation guy. I like the interface better, find the playerbase nicer, prefer the ds3, and I don't believe in paying for online.

PC will always be a part of my life, especially since I'm an IT professional, but to me it's just more fun to game on consoles right now.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

I have a PS3, 360, and Wii. Most of my gaming is done on the 360. I love the PS3 and Wii exclusives, but I like the online interface and controller of the 360.

kramer_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 129

#46 kramer_inc
Member since 2008 • 1303 Posts

I have the PS3 & 360 I preferr the PS3 more game that I like on it. NO plans to buy the next gen xbox if they continue to shove kinect. I love Gears any more thats about it. I can't stand halo.

dirktu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#48 dirktu
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts

Nice topic.

This gen: I have a 360, Wii, DS and really old PC.

It's hard to compare the DS (handheld) to the other systems, but I must say it has been one of my favourite gaming platforms ever. Mostly because of original titles/series like the Phoenix Wright series. I also enjoyed all the Castlevania's, Zelda (especially the first) etc. etc.. Great variety, great quality, but you'll have to be able to look beyond the shovelware.

Out of the consoles/pc: when my PC was still relatively new I enjoyed it tremendously (Total War is great, Steam is excellent). This gen the 360 wins it for me though. I bought it for some exclusives like Gears, Fable 2 etc., but its library pleasantly surprised me and I think the controller is really comfortable. So now I have a lot of games for it which I actually all enjoyed a lot.

The Wii was the biggest disappointment for me. Fire Emblem probably is one of my favourite titles on it, but it still isn't as good as the GC one. Trauma Centre was nice, but the experience wasn't 'new' anymore since I already played it on the DS. The new Zelda will probably be the title I've been waiting for....

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#49 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

I kind of own a 360, a PS3 and a PC. Out of them all, I generally prefer my PS3.

I admit it can be different for others, but for me I like the ease. I like the exclusives, and I like my friends on my PS3. Xbox doesn't have many exclusives these days (which is mainly why I got it since I use multiplats on my PS3 or PC for my buddies), and on PC I just despise the optimization issues many games have, the constant random crashing some games present, and the required time to put into it, as well as, again, the lack of exclusives that interest me like Uncharted can (though Battlefield 3 and The Witcher 2 are definitely a couple of bombastic games I plan on getting for PC).

So there are my reasons.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts
Own a PS3 and 360, I favor the PS3 because it has the best games and the better controller. Thats not to say my 360 gets treated like the red headed orphan who just came out the closet, I play on it almost as much as my PS3.