Over 25 and still gaming?

• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
Hey, I'm 25, and a gamer/slacker at that. But most importantly, a gamer. But I am reaching that age (will be 26 in a few months) where I am starting to feel like maybe my generation is... "growing out" of games? Like, I knew a good amount of people my age-ish that played World of Warcraft with me, but.. console games? How many of you out there are 25+ and still gaming? casually, or hardcore? What console(s) do you own?

Also, if you have a PS3, and have warhawk/plan on getting GTAIV, feel free to look me up! My PSN is Orin.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

I'm a gamer, but I'm no slacker. I work. :P

Anyway, I'll be 28 this year. And no I don't feel like growing out of gaming. Maybe there comes a time when I'll not play any new games. But I don't see me stopping playing the type of games I've always enjoyed.

DethZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DethZero
Member since 2002 • 5983 Posts

Get a wife. She will change your gaming habbits =D

I'm 25, used to game like every stinkin moment I could. Now I'm lucky if I can get in an hour or two a week =D

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
I'm over 25 and I'm every day for at least a little while. I actually didn't play nearly as much as I do now, but then we had a baby, then I figured "hey I had one and had to make the lifestyle change might as well have a few more." So now I have 3 and it's really hard to get out of the house, it's also very expensive. So I'm pretty decked out with home entertainment stuff like PS3, Wii, ton of games and movies, nice TV, etc... It's worth it to invest in home entertainment if you have kids.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
I am close to 26 now and i still play a lot of games. just last year while changing jobs i took a two months break to play as many games as possible :P
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
cant say that i can relate to you lol but who cares if ur over 25? if u enjoy playing games....stop worrying whether others ur age do or do not
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts

I'm 25 this year, but other than a couple of favorites, I don't really game anymore.

I think it's just work that stops me from gaming now. In college I'd have lots of spare time between classes, but now I only have the nights, and I spend all of my weeknights doing other hobbies I find more interesting, and I spend my weekends with my friends. I guess that's one reason why I love my Wii so much. It's the only console I can bring to a get-together and not look like the total dweeb who sits in the corner and plays video games all the time, because other people will actually play with me. :P

My PC is more for hobby than for gaming now, even though it does have great specs.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#8 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

26 and still gaming. If anyone says gaming is for kids, they dont understand it, probably because it is such a modern form of entertainment. I don't see much difference between video games and more acceptable entertainment like movies or sports. there are cases of people who obsess over gaming, but that is true with anything

tribalTox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tribalTox
Member since 2006 • 803 Posts
27 and i still play video games. But i dont sit down and play for hours at a time no more. Video games are still a great way to relax after a B.S. night at work.
JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JayPee89
Member since 2005 • 3488 Posts
I'll be 27 next month and gaming is my #1 pastime. I have a wife, 2 kids, mortgage etc. I manage to balance everything pretty well, but about 22 hrs from now that balance will be thrown off dramatically.
RonnieLottinSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RonnieLottinSF
Member since 2007 • 1474 Posts
I'm in my 30s. Still gaming.
tarzanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tarzanell
Member since 2006 • 1503 Posts
25, and pretty much stuck to handhelds due to time constraints - not that I'm complaining, I love the DS.
ajames_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ajames_123
Member since 2004 • 2983 Posts

25, i will stop playin games when they stop making games :)

Veterngamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Veterngamer
Member since 2007 • 2037 Posts

Turned 30 less than a week ago..... over the past year or so I've found myself not enjoying gaming as much as I used to. I'm more interested in getting/staying in shape now. Probably just a psychological thing, from turning 30, but a much needed change none-the-less. There are a few games I'm excited about playing, ie: GTAIV & Age of Conan..... but I have approx. 10-15 games that I currently have not finished, and it's not from a lack of time... just lack of interest.... help me gaming gods, I'm losing my faith.

Edit* PS. I'll probably always play video games.... but I see myself in the future buying systems for only a select few games that really interest me. As I'd rather spend the majority of what time I have left on earth, living MY life, rather playing someone elses fictional one.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d773aa56272
deactivated-57d773aa56272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 deactivated-57d773aa56272
Member since 2006 • 2292 Posts
Right now, I flat out don't consider myself a gamer. 22
Insideous_rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Insideous_rex
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts

I'm a little different from most because I wasn't gaming much between the ages of 15-25. I bought a PS2 in 2001 for a couple of games, but didn't touch it much until last year. I bought a huge stack of PS2 games, a PS3 and a 360 with a number of games for each, and an HDTV all in 2007.

I've been buying a lot more than I've been playing. I want to play everything I own, but I'm not the type who can game every day. I'll go nuts for a few days on a game, often finishing it, then I won't turn on my consoles for a week or 2 or even 3, then I'll come back and go nuts for a few days again. But I'm buying games every week, usually whenever I see a good deal or it's something I really want.

I suspect I'll always have the newest consoles and I'll probably continue to accumulate games faster than I can play them. I enjoy the hobby even though I'm not playing every day and I have a bunch of games still in shrinkwrap. I like knowing that I have a nice library of games to come home to whenever the gaming mood strikes me.

hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
Yep, but I found out that as I grow older, my gaming drive is much lower than it used to be. I am more into quick multiplayer games now or the other end of the extreme with some PC games. The console I have is a Wii, I play smash when I need quick fun.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
im 26. and i still game quite often.
StrangeMeeting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 StrangeMeeting
Member since 2005 • 554 Posts

Damn what odds this post is up since this is my first time on these forums in a long time. I was only peaking here because of GTA 4 hype but this is a good post and I have some good insights into the subject.

I'm 25 and my gaming habits have changed considerably in the past few years especially within the last year. I hardly ever game anymore, if fact I used to have a 360 but gave it to my brother a few months ago because with me it was gathering dust. No consoles are owned by me anymore. I don't know, gaming just seems so unimportant as you get older. I find so many other things I need to do over gaming. I'm essentially a workaholic so my career is very important so most of my time goes there. Women take up lots of time and a good woman is way better time waster than gaming and no I'm not married. And now I have hobbies I love or take more seriously than gaming such as traveling, the arts especially cinema, reading (politics, philosophy, classic lit, etc), and exercise. I just don't have much fun with games anymore, probably do to the fact that when I game I usually feel something more important should be done with my time. More complex rational thinking tarnished video games for me among other things I enjoyed growing up. Yes it's often a good time to play games and eat fast food, but the brain and body say to work hard at your craft and eat healthy. If you are getting older and still play a lot that's great, it's good to be passionate about things in this world, but I personally find it hard to justify the hobby these days.

I'll probably end up buying GTA 4 and playing it on my bros console this upcoming week, but who knows about after that. It'll probably be till the holidays that I play something at family and friend get togethers. What can I say? I'm getting older and the times are a changin'.

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts

I'm 30 and it's tough for me finding enough time nowadays to game. I think that's why I like the Wii and DS for its pick up and play games. I want to play an epic RPG game, but I find I just don't have much time to invest in them.

Thank goodness for the DS though.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

Hey, I'm 25, and a gamer/slacker at that. But most importantly, a gamer. But I am reaching that age (will be 26 in a few months) where I am starting to feel like maybe my generation is... "growing out" of games? Like, I knew a good amount of people my age-ish that played World of Warcraft with me, but.. console games? How many of you out there are 25+ and still gaming? casually, or hardcore? What console(s) do you own?

Also, if you have a PS3, and have warhawk/plan on getting GTAIV, feel free to look me up! My PSN is Orin.
0rin

Hey I am 25 and I game almost everyday. I own a PS3 but don't have Warhawk but I will be picking up GTA 4 come Tuesday. My PSN ID is Killuminati. Add me and I will add you aswell.

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts
19 and I'm already losing the drive somewhat. I only enjoy a select few games. RTS and MMOs are currently what I enjoy the most. They both seems very relaxing.. to me. FPS number eleventy billion is getting old, even though I want to play quite a few this year but we shall see and offline RPGS don't feel as fun because MMOS have spoiled me. People are 75% of the fun in mmos.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
Almost 26 and still gaming. Not as much as when i was in college probably because of my work and on weekends i spend them with friends but still i find a couple of hours every day for gaming( i dont think i'm gonna stop any time soon)
iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 iamsickofspam
Member since 2007 • 1043 Posts

25 Later this year, gaming for probably 20 years now, i have the money nowadays to own most systems and dozens of games but dont have the time id like to play them all, i bought something like 24-25 xbox360 games in 4 months, still not played half a dozen of them.

When i was in my mid teens however i would sometimes spend an entire sunday playing a game, im talking 10-12 hours easy, great hangover cure, lol, and damn back when i was at school i used to play games like resident evil and tomb raider for 8 hour stints, homework id do that in the morning before school, or at school before i got to lessons, no wonder i got bad grades in my GCSE's

I have fond memories of smacking Exhumed in my Sega Saturn at 8am and playing for half an hour in the mornings before school.

Im lucky if i get 2-3 hours on a game in one sitting today, i dont play nearly as much as i did 8-10 years ago, if i ever came into money id have a bloody arcade in my house, a high end PC LAN, and a PS3/360 LAN. I think id do a Vin Diesel and set up a game studio too.

Ive actually thought about getting into programming in my spare time, now i have a more mature attitude to learning, id love to work on games, videogames, music, film and literature are my passions for sure.

DaBlackGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaBlackGuy
Member since 2008 • 376 Posts
I am 25 and gameing is my fave hobby, my 24 yr old wife games as well.
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts
I'm 30, work and a gamer.
YsfeX3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 YsfeX3
Member since 2005 • 81 Posts
hey i'm only 21, but if i CAN grow out of gaming, i need to get a cure. damn! sig worthy
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts

29 years old here. Don't think I'll ever be too old for gaming.

leonhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 leonhead
Member since 2007 • 1524 Posts
No, i'm 15...but i'm pretty sure i'll still be gaming waayyy over the age of 25. I'll defenitly play less due to work and stuff, but i will still be a gamer at heart :)
Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 Zerostatic0
Member since 2005 • 4263 Posts
I'm 25 and while I still game, I definitely have a lot less time for it. The Wii and the DS I think are great systems for the 25+/married/kids/time-consuming career crowd. THe Wii is a system with games your wife and young kids will probably enjoy, it's fairly affordable, and it's full of games that you can play in little bursts. As you get older, putting massive amounts of time into games like Mass Effect and Oblivion becomes tougher.
richest_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 richest_boy
Member since 2006 • 155 Posts
24 tomorrow and what a birthday I will be having!
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

ofcourse there a a LOT of people above 25 and still gaming.. these are the people that grew up with gaming from the start.. it's a nomal part of life for them.

Most people above 30 are not on this FORUM though. for very understandable reasons to... to busy and too many ignorant kids...

The real problems in life start when you loose your inner child. or when you feel you need to act more mature.. Ofcourse, there are certain behavioural requirements in a job, but there is absolutely no reason to give up gaming if you like it.

beerm_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 beerm_basic
Member since 2002 • 2488 Posts

im 25 myself own a 360 and a wii and game most days (depending on work / pub etc)

HummaKavula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#35 HummaKavula
Member since 2007 • 850 Posts
My dad is 39 this year and he plays games all the time, or whenever he can.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Always-Honest

the only difference between gaming when i was 16 and now is that i have less time (far less time, so no MMO for me..).

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Im 26 and playing games. Consoles + PC gaming.

Cant say that im that hardcore anymore like i used to be at 18-20 but i play games daily ( 1-3 hours depends my time schedule). Now playing GodofWar 2 , i practise at Tekken 5 daily ( 30minutes to 1 hour daily ultra hard mode), playing occassionaly GT4 and Im near the end of DQ8.

I mean , why not play if you like to play whatever your age? If you got time and feel like go hardcore its not bad at all.But would be nice , especially at that age , to not waste too much time on gaming and dont have social life( friends,girlfriend,parties,job,vacations etc) . If you manage your time , theres nothing wrong to play games imo.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#38 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
Question to those that "lost the drive": Has your enjoyment for movies ever faltered like games have for you?
siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 siafni
Member since 2005 • 629 Posts
32 here... I am gaming on a laptop (dual core 1,8 ghz, 1 mb ram and 7400go, not much but good enough for GW) and a DS, I'm planning on getting either a gaming desktop pc (quadcore, 4gb ram and 8800GTS 512mb) or a 360 (the cheap way) depending on whether I will be able to play GW2 and Warhammer on line on my laptop.
jeffdoomsday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jeffdoomsday
Member since 2008 • 1023 Posts
I'm 19 and as along as theres great games out, then I'll be gaming.
Quofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#41 Quofan
Member since 2005 • 1606 Posts

While I am only 22 this year, my two older brothers are 25 and 28, and have been gaming since the NES, as have I (I started when I was like 4-5 before the SNES came out). They both still play games, although they are not as dedicated to the hobby as I am. Gaming practically raised me on its own, and provided a nice break from everyday BS, It still does and it always will.

My two older brother and I all have Wii's now, which is kind of nostalgic given that our favourite consoles were the NES and SNES, even though we had a Mega Drive/Genesis. I would say they are a good example of the relapsed former gamers that stopped playing that Nintendo has been targetting this gen.

I would like to know however, how many of you in this thread are happy to play games like Mario, Viva Pinata etc.? While Im not sure about Viva Pinata, both of my brothers still play Mario and are happy to play anything so long as they enjoy it (although I would guess it stems from nostalgia more than anything - they had Super Mario Kart, and both just bought Mario Kart Wii). Im curious if this applies across the board (or at least with the majority). My theory is that, as we grew up at the time when cutesy platformers were common and the fanboyism was less widespread and rabid, the generation that began gaming in the 8-16 bit era of consoles are more tolerant of games targetted for a general audience.

Quofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#42 Quofan
Member since 2005 • 1606 Posts

the only difference between gaming when i was 16 and now is that i have less time (far less time, so no MMO for me..).

Always-Honest

Im at university, so the structure of my classes mean I have MORE time :D

Unfortunately, I also have to buy my own games these days........

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Always-Honest

While I am only 22 this year, my two older brothers are 25 and 28, and have been gaming since the NES, as have I (I started when I was like 4-5 before the SNES came out). They both still play games, although they are not as dedicated to the hobby as I am. Gaming practically raised me on its own, and provided a nice break from everyday BS, It still does and it always will.

My two older brother and I all have Wii's now, which is kind of nostalgic given that our favourite consoles were the NES and SNES, even though we had a Mega Drive/Genesis. I would say they are a good example of the relapsed former gamers that stopped playing that Nintendo has been targetting this gen.

I would like to know however, how many of you in this thread are happy to play games like Mario, Viva Pinata etc.? While Im not sure about Viva Pinata, both of my brothers still play Mario and are happy to play anything so long as they enjoy it (although I would guess it stems from nostalgia more than anything - they had Super Mario Kart, and both just bought Mario Kart Wii). Im curious if this applies across the board (or at least with the majority). My theory is that, as we grew up at the time when cutesy platformers were common and the fanboyism was less widespread and rabid, the generation that began gaming in the 8-16 bit era of consoles are more tolerant of games targetted for a general audience.

Quofan

mario is still great.. viva pinata is a gardening game... so.. i like the graphics, but not the game.. although i did try it and thought it was ghood, just not my cup of tea.. but i play lots of nintendo games..lots of ds games to. (lots of games that insecure teenagers like to call "kiddy")

killadread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 killadread
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

I'm 28 still gaming, but I guess you could say that my tastes are very selective.

I won't buy any random, shallow crap game (ie most games out on the market now), I like games that present an evolving challange or something that is riviting, moving or eyeopening. That's why I like hardcore fighting games and look foward to rare gems that have truely had alot of dedication put into it like MGS4. I own a PS3

legol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 legol1
Member since 2005 • 1998 Posts
im 31 year old and im a gamer more than ever and i play halo3 and forza2 and nhl08 go canadien go and i have a ps3 too its been 2 weeks now and i have ratchet and lair by the way why every people on the net are bashing lair i have a lot of fun with that game and i am thinking to get motorstrom to play online have you try it tell me what you think ?
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
that mentality is why games aren't a respected medium.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

i'm 27 and gaming is something i enjoy... probably getting older will have less time for gaming but not sure if i'll stop...

just ordered GTAIV and gonna pick it up tomorrow, and also already pre-ordered MGSIV :)

right now am enjoying online play on GT5P, FIFA08 and RSV2 so i think gaming is still big part of my life.. (well a big part of my free time at lease) :)

Lo_Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 Lo_Rising
Member since 2007 • 930 Posts

cant say that i can relate to you lol but who cares if ur over 25? if u enjoy playing games....stop worrying whether others ur age do or do notDante2710

stop trying to be clever, if you are not 25 dont post, why waste your time and ours. anyway before the minor interrupted, i am 27 and wont stop gaming until i am dead.

neovalkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 neovalkyr
Member since 2003 • 1097 Posts
I'm over 25 and i still game. the reason youre asking this question is because people who dont play games think gaming is for kids. My father plays video games every once in a while, all pc games though, and he's over 50. It's just that its a new form of media and its not fully accepted yet. When motion pictures were being shown for the first time, they too were not widely accepted. It takes an adult to make a video game (and a damn intelligent one at that). Video game developers have to play games dont they?
Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts

I'll be 28 next month and still gaming, just not as much as i used to due to work etc. I mostly play PC games, but i also own a ps3 and plan to get a 360 sometime later.