Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

Wow, so much salt while I was gone at work. Sony is scum for what the did back then. If I saw a company trying to take me over and think they are clever about it, I would have done a bait and switch just to make them lose all the money they spent developing the console. Which is exactly what Nintendo did.

Sony was massive at that time so they were able to recover and secure exclusives instead of having shelve what they made (costing them lots of money).

Nintendo doesn't take it up the butt for no one, unlike Sony who bends its ass to third party. But if some other company enters the market with bigger better hardware, the shallow thrid party publishers will just up and leave like they did with the vita. The only leg they will have to stand on is sub par exclusives.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

A video

Loading Video...

http://gonintendo.com/stories/237687-snes-playstation-prototype-found-shown-in-various-pictures

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Interesting.

That ugly divorce changed the industry.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@mesome713 said:
@Suppaman100 said:
@mesome713 said:
@Suppaman100 said:
@Ghost120x said:

Sony were scum back in the day and still are now. If Nintendo and MS don't get it together Sony will get what they want--- a semi monopoly on the console market.

HAHAAHHAHAH Sony scum?

THen what's MS? LMFAO

And look what's left off Nintendo LMFAO, Sony killed Nintendo.

3DS killed Vita, rip Vita. 3DS destroyed everyone!

Nintendo cant be stopped. Nintendo is worth more than Sony and all Nintendo does is making gaming stuff ;)

AHHAHAHAHH!

NIntendo worth more than Sony?

And 3DS killed nothing, Vita was dead the minute it came out. 3DS is also nothing to brag about, outside of Japan it's doing poorly.

I got yo back homie.

"Metro reports that Sony is worth $17.7 billion, thanks mostly to their failing movie, music and laptop division. Sony does have the PS4 to thank for a lot of their success lately as it's been trailblazing through the market like a Skyline running on jet fuel."

Nintendo, alternatively, is worth $18.4 billion, thanks to their timeless games and uniquely designed hardware. Yes, Nintendo is worth $700 million more than Sony.

HAHAHAHAHA, nice source there, mind linking it?

Ow man, Wii U really made you sheep desperate huh.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#55  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19580 Posts

That console looks legit. Here's a 2004 article with a picture that looks a lot like the console they discovered:

SNES-CD Profile (March 27, 2004)

Sony Goes it Alone

When it was clear to Sony that they wouldn't get any help from Nintendo with new CD games for the Play Station, Sony decided that it was time to show the world that they could manage on their own.

At the Tokyo International Electronics Show in October 1991, Sony put on a big show previewing the console, which they presented as a console both for both gaming and education. A variety of educational multimedia titles were announced.

No real games were presented however, Sony was in the process of signing deals with game publishers and developers. And still the Play Station would be able to run all old SNES games. Sony announced the launch - a tentative summer 1992 date - would be set six months before Philips and Nintendo's SNES add-on.

That picture was published online back in 2004, and the quality of the picture looks like it may have been from a 1990s magazine scan. The console those guys just recently discovered looks very similar, and may very well be the real deal, the original Sony-Nintendo PlayStation.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Sony would be in better shape if this partnership worked out.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Jag85
@Heirren said:

Sony's video games division is in great shape. It's the other divisions that are in trouble, like electronics, movies, and music.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Jag85:

I know, but one thing leads to another. It would be mutual benefits. Sony would have likely maintained a grasp on the electronics industry. The game handhelds, the potential movie properties, and the phone market.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Jag85

@Heirren:

I really don't see how a Nintendo partnership would benefit Sony's electronic, movie or music divisions in any way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Jag85: Nintendo handhelds, nintendo movies, and a natural progression to games on a phone. This was all occurring at the height of these two companies.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#61  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41545 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@Heirren said:

Sony's video games division is in great shape. It's the other divisions that are in trouble, like electronics, movies, and music.

Which is the reason that, last I checked, makes Hirai not on good terms with investors (kind of like Iwata). Because it just appears, or at least fels like, that he and any other Sony higher up don't give a crap about anything else other than the PlayStation. Heck, even a former Sony exec has problems with him (and I had just found this while looking for other links).

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56172 Posts

@Heirren said:

The stories I'd always heard was that Nintendo found out at the last minute that they were going to be screwed over royally in licensing. They found out that anything produced on the discs would be property of Sony with Nintendo getting virtually nothing out of it. They backed out and announced support to Phillips and their CD-i instead. Sony was furious, they took a valve to get revenge on Nintendo, took their side of the tech and released the PlayStation by itself largely out of spite. Nintendo could've handle that situation perfectly if they had the balls back then.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Lets say thnx to Nintendo ... that ruined their Collaboration with Sony and Playstation released as a stand alone console. The wisest best thing they ever did to gaming in general , literally !

Thank you Nintendo.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

First reported in EGM before most you were born. Really old news Heil........really old.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Jag85

@davillain- said:
@Heirren said:

The stories I'd always heard was that Nintendo found out at the last minute that they were going to be screwed over royally in licensing. They found out that anything produced on the discs would be property of Sony with Nintendo getting virtually nothing out of it. They backed out and announced support to Phillips and their CD-i instead. Sony was furious, they took a valve to get revenge on Nintendo, took their side of the tech and released the PlayStation by itself largely out of spite. Nintendo could've handle that situation perfectly if they had the balls back then.

On the contrary, I think Nintendo had a bit too much balls back then, to be able to pull a move like that at the last minute, not to mention their harsh licensing policies. Nintendo didn't take shit from nobody back in Yamauchi's day.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#66  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

just for the record, that prototype was confirmed fake by the owner on his twitter. This was the tweet where he admits it: https://twitter.com/VaduAmka/status/616974748438953984 but then he deleted it for some reason and I couldn't archive it.

This one is the real one BTW:

-

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

What's with the Knife Block and no knives?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
@Chutebox said:

What the ****.

Why would he have a knife block with no kitchen knives in it?

Crazy

Hahahahah...you noticed the same thing I did, and reacted in a similar fashion before I even saw this thread. Good going Chute!

lol!

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#69 trollhunter2
Member since 2012 • 2054 Posts

@mesome713 said:
@Suppaman100 said:
@mesome713 said:
@Suppaman100 said:
@Ghost120x said:

Sony were scum back in the day and still are now. If Nintendo and MS don't get it together Sony will get what they want--- a semi monopoly on the console market.

HAHAAHHAHAH Sony scum?

THen what's MS? LMFAO

And look what's left off Nintendo LMFAO, Sony killed Nintendo.

3DS killed Vita, rip Vita. 3DS destroyed everyone!

Nintendo cant be stopped. Nintendo is worth more than Sony and all Nintendo does is making gaming stuff ;)

AHHAHAHAHH!

NIntendo worth more than Sony?

And 3DS killed nothing, Vita was dead the minute it came out. 3DS is also nothing to brag about, outside of Japan it's doing poorly.

I got yo back homie.

"Metro reports that Sony is worth $17.7 billion, thanks mostly to their failing movie, music and laptop division. Sony does have the PS4 to thank for a lot of their success lately as it's been trailblazing through the market like a Skyline running on jet fuel."

Nintendo, alternatively, is worth $18.4 billion, thanks to their timeless games and uniquely designed hardware. Yes, Nintendo is worth $700 million more than Sony.

Tales from your ass? Sony is $15billions more worth than nintendo, not sure where you get your numbers from. You could atleast check the websites or wikipedia