One thing Microsoft

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Captain9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Captain9099
Member since 2005 • 96 Posts
they really need to make Xbox live free or add something that is actually worth the 50$ a year, I mean there are no dedicated servers or anything like that so there pretty much just giving use a score system and TrueSkill which I in my mind doesn"t justify 50$.
Arbiter1237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Arbiter1237
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts
Well XBL is the best online gaming service I've ever seen. I've used PSN Nintendo Wifi and Steam and none of them match the quality of XBL. I think the least MS should do is lower the yearly price.
PureDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 PureDante
Member since 2007 • 925 Posts
Well XBL is the best online gaming service I've ever seen. I've used PSN Nintendo Wifi and Steam and none of them match the quality of XBL. I think the least MS should do is lower the yearly price.Arbiter1237

What service? To send game invites, and have achievements? Besides those two; you already pay for your internet, why must you pay to play online as well? I honestly disagree with this. I think it should be free, and optional payments of DLC; exactly what PSN made the smart move of to do.
OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 OXIIIIXO
Member since 2006 • 2337 Posts
It's P2P, of course it should be free. But, I guess people like giving more money to the rich.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

I think it should be free because nobody else charges for online service. Not steam, nintendo, battle.net, Sony, etc... nobody charges except MS. The closest to Live is Sonys PSN though. Microsoft is trying to make paying to play online with your friends the industry standard and that sucks. Imagine if we had to pay a Live fee, a PSN fee, a Steam fee, a Nintendo fee etc... It could get expensive very fast. Anyway I guess I should thank Sony for sticking it to the man and not charging for online. With Sony and MS charging it could've very well become the standard.
beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 beast667
Member since 2005 • 3397 Posts
It's P2P, of course it should be free. But, I guess people like giving more money to the rich.OXIIIIXO
oh, you didnt know? XBL is actually a charity for overprivlaged rich dudes. ;)
Fiji-Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fiji-Water
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts

Well XBL is the best online gaming service I've ever seen. I've used PSN Nintendo Wifi and Steam and none of them match the quality of XBL. I think the least MS should do is lower the yearly price.Arbiter1237

Do you have any clue what your talking about?

What "quality" does XBL have over playstation or PC? The online service is the same exact thing, P2P, it gives you some nice features: integrated friends list, and voice chat (PC and ps3 have both sort of) but other than that, please explain whats so wonderful about xbox live...other than the fact you have it and need some sort of justification

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts

I don't care for a service that you have to pay extra for after buying there console and then you pay top dollar for the games, now they want you to pay to play there games. This whole thing is the biggest joke of the centry or was it back when they were trying to charge extra to use MSN which is part of there OS.

That's a big reason I refuse to buy into there game system at any price (even if it was free I would turn it down). The whole thing has to do with the principle of the whole thing.