Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

@starjet905 said:

@JohnF111 said:

@starjet905 said:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't understand why people consider retro-looking graphics to automatically be a plus point. So many indie games being thrown out with graphics striving to resemble old games, and people praise those so much. And I don't understand it. Only reason I can think is that I started gaming late, and as such I don't have fond memories of playing games that looked like that.

Its a cheaper way of game developers to release their games that have a story and feeling, not always "to hook teh playahs!" as you insist. Some developers still strive to have a good story and background over anything else and this "SNES graphics" just fits so damn well that it's like a... gateway for them and it works so well because most RPGs relied on story and character development most of all.

>not always "to hook teh playahs!" as you insist.

Nice strawman you've got there.

I understand that it's cheap to make games this way. But that doesn't guarantee that all the resources will go on to make the rest of the game good. A game can have a good story and background without having retro-looking graphics, and the same way, a game with such graphics may fall short. Mind you, I don't mean this game specifically. I mean this kind of game in general.

You say strawman but mention in your post that the game is made to resemble old games and because of this the game is praised. That what i meant when i said "to hook teh playahs!"... strawman :lol:

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#52 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I've never heard of this game. Has someone played the original game? Was it worthwhile?

What I'm really waiting for is Final Fantasy VI to be re-released via Wii U Virtual Console or an updated version on PSN. I know I could download it for my iPhone but would like the chance to play it either on my TV or off-screen via remote play/Gamepad support. And just finally tackling that classic would feel good, man.