On the subject of UT3 and KB&M vs. Controller.

• 192 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 A-LEGEND
Member since 2006 • 1668 Posts

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13602/Epic-UT3-is-Gears-on-Crack-Cover-is-for-Wimps/

The fact still remains that KB&M is more accurate. however for a game like UT3 it really DOESNT MATTER.

heres an example. taken from that Cover is for Wimps article.

The latest issue of OXM features a six-page article on Unreal Tournament 3. More important, the preview contains the first details regarding the Xbox 360 version of the game, which both the developers and the magazine editors confirmed it is looking in its current state better than Gears of War.

In the preview, Epic Games' Steven Polge, the lead designer of Unreal Tournament 3, confirms that the Xbox 360 version of the game will support four-player co-op and two-player split-screen in the single-player campaign, which will let you take different paths depending on the decisions you take.

The preview also revealed that Unreal Tournament 3 will feature 18 vehicles and 5 types of turrets. Epic also promises "zero-time to spectacle" thanks to the hoverboard.

Regarding the controls, Polge revealed that they are so good that half the people who work on the game prefer to play the Xbox 360 version. Furthermore, the guy responsible for the controls has stepped in playtest sessions, where everyone was on keyboards, and with a controller he kicked everyone's butt.

Jerry O'Flaherty, the art director for both games, says that "Gears if a more confined game. UT is about big, huge distances. The speed of UT is so quick; it's not a walking environment, it's a running or flying environment."

Finally, Polge chipped into the discussion saying: "It's Gears on crack. Cover is for wimps!"

in conclusion. KB&M vs controller argument shouldnt be used in games that arent built around acuracy like CS. the controller is just as good for UT3.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
One has to wonder what sort of 'balancing' has been done around either. In case you didn't know, Shadowrun shows it's possible that even with PC-vs-PC play, if you plug in a 360 controller it removes the mouse-based aim balances and give you the sticky-aim just like a 360 player would have.
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
So either they've totally gimped the kb/m controls or there is a lot of controller auto aim...... bad either way. Seriously with a good player there is no way a fast game like UT3 should be even close with controller and kb/m.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
You said it yourself, KBM is technically more superiro than a controller. The only way that a controller would ever win is if they instituted some kind of check. Either that, or the KBM guy was sitting on his ** or was bad.
Mandingo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mandingo101
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts
theres already a like 7 page thread about this bud
Stabby2486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Stabby2486
Member since 2006 • 6688 Posts
Regardless of skill KB/M was, is, always will be more accurate and faster than a controller.
A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 A-LEGEND

TWO THINGS:

1. i already mentioned that KB&M is more accurate (but moot in UT3)

2. stop making up excuses. like "it was gimped" or "auto aim"

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

I think you can say Hermits = Pwnt! :D

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jessesalinas
Member since 2007 • 2935 Posts

doesnt really matter because im getting the 360 version and i'll be playing my butt off,while fanboys will still be here crying about which version is better.lol

Stabby2486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Stabby2486

TWO THINGS:

A-LEGEND

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itxBgzQ7T98     

Playing UT with a controller is like playing RTS with a controller.

Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Educated_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1095 Posts

Who cares? honestly? If you have  a pc get the pc version. If you have a 360 get the 360 version. If you have a PS3 get the ps3 version. if you have a wii :lol:

They just better release a map editor for the consoles. its been done in numerous consolke games an works very well. Much better than youd think. 

Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Educated_Gamer
[QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

TWO THINGS:

Stabby2486

It works way better than youd think?

I dont get hermits. I think you guys are stuck in the ps1 era where aiming sucked ass 

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts
id put my money on raping you with KB/M so have fun with your gamepad.  Theres no way in hell a gamepad fps player could compete with someone using a M/KB in an FPS game if the M/KB player has any sort of FPS experience.  I played Quake 1, Quake 2, Quake 3, and Q4 competitively and I guarantee id rape any gamepad fpser.
e20Dylan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 e20Dylan
Member since 2007 • 1055 Posts
its definately gonna be interesting to see the difference in controls. ill be picking it up for ps3 and PC
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Makari
[QUOTE="Stabby2486"][QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

TWO THINGS:

Educated_Gamer

I dont get hermits. I think you guys are stuck in the ps1 era where aiming sucked ass

watch the video, at least.
Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Educated_Gamer

id put my money on raping you with KB/M so have fun with your gamepad. Theres no way in hell a gamepad fps player could compete with someone using a M/KB in an FPS game if the M/KB player has any sort of FPS experience. I played Quake 1, Quake 2, Quake 3, and Q4 competitively and I guarantee id rape any gamepad fpser.Uptown

i dont think you understand how well gamepads, particularly the 360 controller, works. PLug it in to your pc and try it. It works extremely well. And its not like we'll be facing people with m/k so its no big deal if there is a big difference 

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Uptown

[QUOTE="Uptown"]id put my money on raping you with KB/M so have fun with your gamepad. Theres no way in hell a gamepad fps player could compete with someone using a M/KB in an FPS game if the M/KB player has any sort of FPS experience. I played Quake 1, Quake 2, Quake 3, and Q4 competitively and I guarantee id rape any gamepad fpser.Educated_Gamer

i dont think you understand how well gamepads, particularly the 360 controller, works. PLug it in to your pc and try it. It works extremely well. And its not like we'll be facing people with m/k so its no big deal if there is a big difference

I own a 360...and i understand the gamepad....quite simply its not as FAST or as accurate as the keyboard/mouse combo....nor convenient either.   

Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Educated_Gamer
[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="Stabby2486"][QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

TWO THINGS:

Makari

and your point? check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkyfVepaZMQ 

big deal 

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 A-LEGEND

ANOTHER TWO THINGS.

1. what do RTS's have to do with anything. this is UT3. we already know KB&M is better for RTS

2. saying i bet i can kill you with KB&M doesnt show that your buff, and second stop trying to prove to yourself that the author of the article is lying about the guy who kicked everybody's but with the controller. i dont even know why this is an argument. its just information. not that the controller is better but that they are the same FOR UT3. (a game that doesnt use insane quick acuracy)

Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Educated_Gamer
[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"]

[QUOTE="Uptown"]id put my money on raping you with KB/M so have fun with your gamepad. Theres no way in hell a gamepad fps player could compete with someone using a M/KB in an FPS game if the M/KB player has any sort of FPS experience. I played Quake 1, Quake 2, Quake 3, and Q4 competitively and I guarantee id rape any gamepad fpser.Uptown

I own a 360...and i understand the gamepad....quite simply its not as FAST or as accurate as the keyboard/mouse combo....nor convenient either.

i know that but it works extremely well. Its more convinient though. And for a game like UT, i could see a gamepad being very useful. Shooting should be a problem and all the jumping and vehicle use especially will be better with a gaempad. The gamepad is funner 

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Uptown
[QUOTE="Makari"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="Stabby2486"][QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

TWO THINGS:

Educated_Gamer

big deal

the only thing that PDZ video proves is DM in PDZ is in slow motion compared to Quake and UT

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts
anyone who thinks that an anologe stick can compete with a mouse, with out any kind of aim assist is a fool. Denying that fact is stupidity. Why don't we wait for the game to come out and see.
Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Educated_Gamer
[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="Makari"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="Stabby2486"][QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

TWO THINGS:

Uptown

big deal

the only thing that PDZ video proves is DM in PDZ is in slow motion compared to Quake and UT

PDZ is pretty faced paced guy. You relize that that video is slwoed down?  PDZ has the smallest window youll ever see in a FPS- smaller than UT, QUake, etc..  Most FPS have  abullet spray, PDZ does not (meaning that the bullet is actaully bigger than its says it is)

and anyway, why would UT need accuracy? its a run and spray bullets kind of game? 

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 A-LEGEND

anyone who thinks that an anologe stick can compete with a mouse, with out any kind of aim assist is a fool. Denying that fact is stupidity. Why don't we wait for the game to come out and see.muscleserge

assuming that they were using auto-aim to further your fanboy needs, is also stupidity. food for thought.

Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Educated_Gamer

anyone who thinks that an anologe stick can compete with a mouse, with out any kind of aim assist is a fool. Denying that fact is stupidity. Why don't we wait for the game to come out and see.muscleserge

They can compete but a mouse has a slight advantage (but the keyboard  will slow you down a bit).

ANd what do you mean, its not cross platform 

Stabby2486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Stabby2486

ANOTHER TWO THINGS.

1. what do RTS's have to do with anything. this is UT3. we already know KB&M is better for RTS

2. saying i bet i can kill you with KB&M doesnt show that your buff, and second stop trying to prove to yourself that the author of the article is lying about the guy who kicked everybody's but with the controller. i dont even know why this is an argument. its just information. not that the controller is better but that they are the same FOR UT3. (a game that doesnt use insane quick acuracy)

A-LEGEND

Regardless of the fact he owned everyone with a controller, KB/M is best in UT. Period. I could say KB/M is better for movement than analog because someone completed this trial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPeKaal9lFg) faster with a KB/M than someone did with a 360 controller. But the problem is, analog still will always be better for movement because it allows for a wider range of speeds and movements than WASD keys.

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PS3_3DO

The vehicles will be much better using the 360 controller. ;)

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
this all sounds really odd, UT has always been a KB\M game how the hell are they going to make it work that well on a controller? aimbot? Oh and I´m no hermit but UT99 is one of the best fps´s ever and on console it´s impossible to control the game the same way with a controller unless you have some sort of auto aim really strong lol.
muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts

[QUOTE="muscleserge"]anyone who thinks that an anologe stick can compete with a mouse, with out any kind of aim assist is a fool. Denying that fact is stupidity. Why don't we wait for the game to come out and see.Educated_Gamer

They can compete but a mouse has a slight advantage (but the keyboard will slow you down a bit).

Slight advantage is a huge understatement. it takes less than a second for me to turn and shoot where with a controller it takes no less that 3. with a mouse you can stop abruptly and retain accuracy where with a controller you have to re-aim. the keyboard never slowed me down, all my action keys are close to my fingers, and I have weapon and grenade hotkeys.
A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 A-LEGEND
[QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

ANOTHER TWO THINGS.

Stabby2486

Regardless of the fact he owned everyone with a controller, KB/M is best in UT. Period. I could say KB/M is better for movement than analog because someone completed this trial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPeKaal9lFg) faster with a KB/M than someone did with a 360 controller. But the problem is, analog still will always be better for movement because it allows for a wider range of speeds and movements than WASD keys.

well look. regardless of what that video shows about UT2004, or what you think, nobody has played UT3 here besides those in the article. so regardless of anyone saying it was gimped, or auto aim, or "i bet i could kill you with a KB&M?" or heres a youtube video to prove you wrong, whether anyone like it or not, and to be blunt, your all wrong.

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 A-LEGEND
[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"]

[QUOTE="muscleserge"]anyone who thinks that an anologe stick can compete with a mouse, with out any kind of aim assist is a fool. Denying that fact is stupidity. Why don't we wait for the game to come out and see.muscleserge

They can compete but a mouse has a slight advantage (but the keyboard will slow you down a bit).

Slight advantage is a huge understatement. it takes less than a second for me to turn and shoot where with a controller it takes no less that 3. with a mouse you can stop abruptly and retain accuracy where with a controller you have to re-aim. the keyboard never slowed me down, all my action keys are close to my fingers, and I have weapon and grenade hotkeys.

why would you have to re-aim? the reticle doesnt go back to the center of the screen. it just stays there. just like the PC version.

Stabby2486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Stabby2486

well look. regardless of what that video shows about UT2004, or what you think, nobody has played UT3 here besides those in the article. so regardless of anyone saying it was gimped, or auto aim, or "i bet i could kill you with a KB&M?" or heres a youtube video to prove you wrong, whether anyone like it or not, and to be blunt, your all wrong.

And? Unless they gimp or buff the controls, KB/M is always more accurate and fast.

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PS3_3DO

Stabby2486

And? Unless they gimp or buff the controls, KB/M is always more accurate and fast.

And you know this for sure? Maybe UT3 plays slower than UT2004. I always hated driving the vehicles with the Keyboard.

joeyg1097

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 joeyg1097
Member since 2002 • 93 Posts
[QUOTE="Makari"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="Stabby2486"][QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

TWO THINGS:

Educated_Gamer

big deal 

He's good. Now, imagine being able to turn about 10x faster and get the same headshots and that is a pro CS player.

Controllers have a limit to how fast you can turn. KB/M does not.

Stabby2486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Stabby2486

And you know this for sure? Maybe UT3 plays slower than UT2004. I always hated driving the vehicles with the Keyboard.

Pace doesn't have anything to do with accuracy.

Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Mystikef
Member since 2003 • 5125 Posts

You said it yourself, KBM is technically more superiro than a controller. The only way that a controller would ever win is if they instituted some kind of check. Either that, or the KBM guy was sitting on his ** or was bad.Vandalvideo

There was a big showdown once with Halo: CE, one player on K/M and the other on the Xbox controller.  Both were considered pros, and no special modifications were made to accomodate the controller.

The controller guy won.  Aiming might be more accurate on a K/m in general....  but someone who is great with a controller can keep up.  Movement, however, is much more accurate on a controller.  256 speeds of movement in 256 different directions.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Makari
[QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="Makari"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="Stabby2486"][QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

TWO THINGS:

Educated_Gamer

big deal

PDZ is pretty faced paced guy. You relize that that video is slwoed down? PDZ has the smallest window youll ever see in a FPS- smaller than UT, QUake, etc.. Most FPS have abullet spray, PDZ does not (meaning that the bullet is actaully bigger than its says it is)

and anyway, why would UT need accuracy? its a run and spray bullets kind of game?

wtf was the point of that video? i watched it, and... yeah, the game's like half the speed of UT, -and- all those shots were what is considered close in by UT standards. did you actually watch the first video? have you actually -played- a ut game before on the pc? the lightning gun/sniper rifle and shock rifle + shock combo require awesome aim, ESPECIALLY the shock combo. minigun and assault rifle slightly less so, but it's still roughly pixel-accurate on main fire. the rocket launcher, flak cannon, plasma rifle primary fire move slowly enough that you generally have to be able to predict where someone's going to be and make the rocket meet them there in 2 or 3 seconds. sort of like Tribes with the spinfuzor, where the good people would be taking you out in midair. basically UT games have traditionally been a combination of hyper-fast movement and shooting combined with a fair amount of accurate high-power weapons and a couple of scatter/aoe weapons like the rocket launcher. but mainstays like the shock rifle and sniper rifle... those are the ones that people generally say would make it impossible to have cross-platform play, because THIS game series would be play to use with a controller against someone with a mouse unless there's some 'balancing' done first. something slower-paced would work better, though.
gamer4life85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gamer4life85
Member since 2003 • 1203 Posts
I gonna laugh alot when people are gonna get owned by controller. It comes down to the person using either kb/m or controller on how good they are.
A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 A-LEGEND
its not slower pacedd guys. they wouldnt do that to the series. so please cut the imaginative yet crappy excuses. and yes KN&M is "teh 10X mor accuratez"........for games like CS not UT.
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Makari
I gonna laugh alot when people are gonna get owned by controller. It comes down to the person using either kb/m or controller on how good they are.gamer4life85
honestly, i think that's what the balancing's end result is going to be. by a FPS' standards, they made the m/kb nearly impossible to use against another m/kb user without those handicaps, but everybody on the PC is going to be dealing with it. against a controller with no handicaps they'd still have the upper hand, so the controllers get some light auto-aim and/or sticky-aim. end result, most matchups should be more or less even. sorta like fighting against a professional boxer whose feet are tied together with one hand behind his back. regardless of how hard he'd kick your butt without the handicaps, with them it should be much more fair!
dlind70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dlind70
Member since 2004 • 2816 Posts
Here's another quote that I like from the article (I have this issue and anyone with more questions may ask for additional details): Jim Brown says, "There's no benefit to keyboard that everybody thinks is there. That whole thing has evolved" ;)
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Vandalvideo

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]You said it yourself, KBM is technically more superiro than a controller. The only way that a controller would ever win is if they instituted some kind of check. Either that, or the KBM guy was sitting on his ** or was bad.Mystikef

There was a big showdown once with Halo: CE, one player on K/M and the other on the Xbox controller.  Both were considered pros, and no special modifications were made to accomodate the controller.

The controller guy won.  Aiming might be more accurate on a K/m in general....  but someone who is great with a controller can keep up.  Movement, however, is much more accurate on a controller.  256 speeds of movement in 256 different directions.

Thats the problem here. Two equally skilled plays without any hinderances the only logical explanation is that the better hardware will win. If the worse hardware wins, that means that the other player was better, not that controller is better.
Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 Mystikef
Member since 2003 • 5125 Posts
[QUOTE="Mystikef"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]You said it yourself, KBM is technically more superiro than a controller. The only way that a controller would ever win is if they instituted some kind of check. Either that, or the KBM guy was sitting on his ** or was bad.Vandalvideo

Thats the problem here. Two equally skilled plays without any hinderances the only logical explanation is that the better hardware will win. If the worse hardware wins, that means that the other player was better, not that controller is better.

All I am saying is the K/M vs. Controller is debatable.  Everyone assumes a K/M player will always dominate.  I disagree.  I think the K/M is easier to get good with quicker, but someone who has spent a lot of time with a particular controller can easily match a good K/M player.  Both have advantages and disadvantages, but one does not overpower the other.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Mystikef"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]You said it yourself, KBM is technically more superiro than a controller. The only way that a controller would ever win is if they instituted some kind of check. Either that, or the KBM guy was sitting on his ** or was bad.Mystikef

All I am saying is the K/M vs. Controller is debatable.  Everyone assumes a K/M player will always dominate.  I disagree.  I think the K/M is easier to get good with quicker, but someone who has spent a lot of time with a particular controller can easily match a good K/M player.  Both have advantages and disadvantages, but one does not overpower the other.

Thats not accurate though. The keyboard and mouse is technically superior in all aspects. The only way you can lose with a keyboard and mouse is human error. Human error is caused by mismatch of skill and inexperience. Two EQUALLY skilled plays, one using an inferior input method and one with a superior one who will win? 100% the one with the superior method of input.
NutJobJim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NutJobJim
Member since 2006 • 336 Posts
Wow that's great news about how well the controller works. I have no idea why Lemmings get so excited for Halo 3 when they have this game coming out on 360. UT3 will take a dump on Halo 3 so big Master Chief will pass out from the smell. The only concern about the game was that it wouldn't control to well, but if they've nailed the controls, and have a decent single player campaign then this deserves to be a bigger game than Halo 3.
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
You said it yourself, KBM is technically more superiro than a controller. The only way that a controller would ever win is if they instituted some kind of check. Either that, or the KBM guy was sitting on his ** or was bad.Vandalvideo
...Youve said yourself an unexperienced kb/m player can beat a experienced controller player,not the case here.Both are experienced...I think the devs know how to play their own game.Also from my understanding,the kb/m players had the same settings as they would without the controller guy playing...and the controller guy didnt have any changes in controls(auto-aim,more damage...etc.).
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]You said it yourself, KBM is technically more superiro than a controller. The only way that a controller would ever win is if they instituted some kind of check. Either that, or the KBM guy was sitting on his ** or was bad.killab2oo5
...Youve said yourself an unexperienced kb/m player can beat a experienced controller player,not the case here.Both are experienced...I think the devs know how to play their own game.Also from my understanding,the kb/m players had the same settings as they would without the controller guy playing...and the controller guy didnt have any changes in controls(auto-aim,more damage...etc.).

Theres obviously a missmatch in skill levels here. If a input device is innately superior to another and the players are of completely equal skill, the one wit hthe suiperior input device is GOING to win. No ifs, ands ors or buts. The only logical explanations are that it was a missmatch of skills or there was some kind of checks and balances.
dlind70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dlind70
its not slower pacedd guys. they wouldnt do that to the series.A-LEGEND
We'll you're not gonna like this quote: (editor states), "Epic revealed that without the instant aim factor of a mouse, the 360 gameplay is slowed down slightly, so players have time to aim with the analog stick - but in practice it may not make any difference." He then goes on to say that the controller guru guy went and kicked everybody's ass with the controller after he snuck into the KB/M playtest.
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
[QUOTE="killab2oo5"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]You said it yourself, KBM is technically more superiro than a controller. The only way that a controller would ever win is if they instituted some kind of check. Either that, or the KBM guy was sitting on his ** or was bad.Vandalvideo

Theres obviously a missmatch in skill levels here. If a input device is innately superior to another and the players are of completely equal skill, the one wit hthe suiperior input device is GOING to win. No ifs, ands ors or buts. The only logical explanations are that it was a missmatch of skills or there was some kind of checks and balances.

O.o Whats your point?They didnt state whether the controller player was equal to the k/m players,they only said the controller player was a "controller guru",I guess meaning hes very good with the cotnroller.Now,we can assume that the devs playing the game are about average(they should be above average since they play the game basically all day and know the in and outs...but we'll say average).YOU said even a noob k/m user could be an experience controller user...obviously not true.
dlind70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dlind70
Wow that's great news about how well the controller works. I have no idea why Lemmings get so excited for Halo 3 when they have this game coming out on 360. UT3 will take a dump on Halo 3 so big Master Chief will pass out from the smell. The only concern about the game was that it wouldn't control to well, but if they've nailed the controls, and have a decent single player campaign then this deserves to be a bigger game than Halo 3.NutJobJim
"The 360 version is a work in progress, but I think we've already made good strides." The editor then states that even during their hands-on time, the controls already felt supremely comfortable. I agree that Halo could have some competition this time around with multiplayer shooters like TF2 and UT3 right around the corner.