OMG Nintendo PUT the best buys demos games on the online store!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Juice_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Juice_24
Member since 2007 • 851 Posts

For god sakes the games are already in demo form! whats Nintendo thinking?!

I want bayo2, wonderful 101, smash, + the best buy mario, zelda and mario kart demos DOWNLOADABLE

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Nintendo don't understand what the Internet is, and anyway they'd only piss off their 8GB customers when they find they don't have room for a single demo...
Juice_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Juice_24

err... I won a 8gig and bought a 1TB external HDD for it.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

Nintendo don't understand what the Internet is, and anyway they'd only piss off their 8GB customers when they find they don't have room for a single demo...locopatho

No one ever releases there E3 demos. Not Nintendo, Ubi, Sony, or anybody.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Can someone please send a letter to Nintendo and explain them what is internet and how to you use it?
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

I was told by the Nintendo rep that Mario Kart 8 was basically finished but Nintendo held it back so they would have something to release in the spring. Instead they opted to release the 3D Mario game (Which was built off the last 3DS game of all things) in Novemeber.

Nintendo should just release shit when it is done. Amazing how stupid Nintendo does things sometimes.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#7 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Nintendo don't understand what the Internet is, and anyway they'd only piss off their 8GB customers when they find they don't have room for a single demo...AmayaPapaya

This.. E3 demos are never put up online to download and play.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]Nintendo don't understand what the Internet is, and anyway they'd only piss off their 8GB customers when they find they don't have room for a single demo...AmayaPapaya

I was under the impression that Nintendo had set up demo kiosks in shops for the general public?
moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Ubi, Sony or anyone else aren't putting playable demos in select stores..... What's the point of keeping them from 95% of the population? Nintendon't like $$$?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#10 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts
The main issue... how many people own a Wii U?
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Nintendo should really put demos of their first party titles on the eShop, and more demos of third party games.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

What company ever releases E3 demos? Are you serious?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

I was told by the Nintendo rep that Mario Kart 8 was basically finished but Nintendo held it back so they would have something to release in the spring. Instead they opted to release the 3D Mario game (Which was built off the last 3DS game of all things) in Novemeber.

Nintendo should just release shit when it is done. Amazing how stupid Nintendo does things sometimes.

timbers_WSU

Except at the ridiculously slow rate they put out games these days, if they released them when they were actually done, instead of staggering, we'd see even worse droughts than we already do.

I'm still a Nintendo fan, because I still love playing their games, but they really need to get their s*** together.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 locopatho

ActicEdge
But they are releasing them.... to stores, temporarily.... http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/29/nintendo-lists-best-buy-e3-demo-locations/
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

locopatho

But they are releasing them.... to stores, temporarily.... http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/29/nintendo-lists-best-buy-e3-demo-locations/

Demo kiosks are not the same thing as letting people download E3 demos. There are several reasons why no company ever lets you download their E3 demo. I dunno why people expect Nintendo to.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
Demos have to go through certain testing and certification before they can be made public. (I guess) I bet Nintendo doesn't want people keeping demos of games that are far from being finished without being in a controlled environment.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

i thought this thread was an announcement, not a complaint. 

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

Demo kiosks are not the same thing as letting people download E3 demos. There are several reasons why no company ever lets you download their E3 demo. I dunno why people expect Nintendo to.

What are the several reasons? I don't understand why it's ok to make people go to a shop but not ok to let them download it in the comfort of their home. I get that the demos are supposed to excite people and make them buy a WiiU, but what about the people who already own WiiU? Wouldn't it be nice to reward the loyal early adopters who have had a pretty sparse year with some exciting new games to get a taste of?
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

i thought this thread was an announcement, not a complaint. 

BrunoBRS
Same, I was actually about to turn on my wiiU.
MrGameChef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MrGameChef
Member since 2013 • 76 Posts

I will have to leave my house to get this? Shucks.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Nintendo is 1-2generations behind in thinking, we just have to wait for demos, at least we got HD-gaming now :)

Nintendo didnt add DVD-/blu-ray -movie support on WiiU, because most people already have those players at home they say. But guess what Nintendo...i already able to watch tv at home why did you add TV-channel then?:lol:

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

The main issue... how many people own a Wii U?nintendoboy16
No the reason they aren't on the eShop is because

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=203740

Saddened to see that there isn't going to be a Best Buy location near you participating in Nintendo's E3 Wii U demo sessions? I have a bit more bad news. While there's no official word on these demos hitting/not hitting the Wii U eShop at some point, it seems unlikely. Here's what Renegade Kid's Jools Watsham had to say about eShop demos.

(Demos) are held to the same testing and standards as final games - so it can result in some fails before a demo is ready for the eShop.

In other words, demos on the E3 show floor don't have to go through the same testing before they are played. Seems like it's going to be a Best Buy or nothing situation.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#23 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
All I know is that I downloaded a shitload of demos on my 3DS yesterday and plan on playing them soon.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] But they are releasing them.... to stores, temporarily.... http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/29/nintendo-lists-best-buy-e3-demo-locations/locopatho

What are the several reasons? I don't understand why it's ok to make people go to a shop but not ok to let them download it in the comfort of their home. I get that the demos are supposed to excite people and make them buy a WiiU, but what about the people who already own WiiU? Wouldn't it be nice to reward the loyal early adopters who have had a pretty sparse year with some exciting new games to get a taste of?

Don't forget that nintendo's leadership are total dipshits and they have yet to learn how to properly manage a console. This is how we wind up with idiotic things like this. Yay, off I go to gamestop to play a fvcking demo... just kidding, I would never do that.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] But they are releasing them.... to stores, temporarily.... http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/29/nintendo-lists-best-buy-e3-demo-locations/locopatho

E3 Demos aren't held to the same standards they can be very unstable and brick consoles so they don't mind bricking Instore demo units because they pay for them; But if somebody downloads those demos and their system bricks Nintendo doesn't want to get sued.

To put a game on the eShop they have to meet certain standards that developers don't have to meet to have them playable at E3.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

WHo cares?

Youve already played 87% of those games already when you bought the previous 20 versions of them.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

E3 Demos aren't held to the same standards they can be very unstable and brick consoles so they don't mind bricking Instore demo units because they pay for them; But if somebody downloads those demos and their system bricks Nintendo doesn't want to get sued.

To put a game on the eShop they have to meet certain standards that developers don't have to meet to have them playable at E3.

That makes sense. Thank you for an actual answer :)
Juice_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Juice_24

WHo cares?

Youve already played 87% of HALO,COD,BLOPS, INSERT GENERIC SHOOTER games already when you bought the previous 20 versions of them.

Gargus

Fixed it for ya bro dude.

Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts
Nintendo don't understand what the Internet is, and anyway they'd only piss off their 8GB customers when they find they don't have room for a single demo...locopatho
The internet is a fad, they already told us that.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#30 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

What do you guys think about the mini-E3's they had at Best Buys and such?
I heard they were super popular at least in some places where we got reports from.
I kinda hope they will do the same thing in my country because how awesome is that?! You don't have to go to E3, you'll play the demo's right here :)