Okay, how is Gears graphics king?

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gogeta242
Member since 2006 • 1085 Posts

Gears of War Screenshot #345

Gears of War Screenshot #311

Gears of War Screenshot #310

Gears of War Screenshot #267

Gears of War Screenshot #236

The Darkness Screenshot #64

The Darkness Screenshot #56

The Darkness Screenshot #21

The Darkness Screenshot #17

Theres a lot of games that looks better than Gears of War as you can see, but fanboys act as if Gears is the second coming of Christ. Gears looks fantastic, but theres a lot of games that beats it out. Gears is way overrated. I'm talking about CONSOLE games that are out NOW, so please no one bring up Crysis. *waits for some guy to bring up Crysis anyway*

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#2 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Sometimes, I can't help but just scratch my head... :?
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
I own all these games, and Gears of War looks the best in motion on my 1080p set, so therefore I consider it the king, and technically it still is.
JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JayPee89
Member since 2005 • 3488 Posts
Comparing Fight Night to Gears is soooooo unfair. I would expect the characters to look better when that the only thing on the screen. :roll:
T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts
Ok... And where are those games?
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
You put up Motorstorm???? Gears is a ALL AROUND great game, hence the 9.6 it got, 10 in the graphics department and why those games you've listed have flopped in comparison. Motorstorm???? :lol:
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gogeta242

[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]hummer700

I got these from the same source, so how is it that Gears is the only game with a bad pic, denial much:roll:

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gogeta242

I own all these games, and Gears of War looks the best in motion on my 1080p set, so therefore I consider it the king, and technically it still is.BioShockOwnz

IYO

RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts
Comparing Fight Night to Gears is soooooo unfair. I would expect the characters to look better when that the only thing on the screen. :roll:JayPee89
I would consider Fight Night to be the "graphics king", however, everything outside the ring looks terrible. Look at the crowd. :|
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 musicalmac  Moderator

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]I own all these games, and Gears of War looks the best in motion on my 1080p set, so therefore I consider it the king, and technically it still is.gogeta242

IYO

Are you saying your opinion is more important than his? Can you say you have the same first hand experience he does?
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gogeta242

You put up Motorstorm???? Gears is a ALL AROUND great game, hence the 9.6 it got, 10 in the graphics department and why those games you've listed have flopped in comparison. Motorstorm???? :lol:Heil68

Shenmue 1 got a 10 for graphics too, see what I did there8), Gears came out before Motorstorm, had Motorstorm came out in '06, it would've got a 10 as well.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

Because no game released has better graphics then it that's why. I don't ever remember a game being on top in the graphics department for this long...

Anyways the new King is coming. Or shall I say the Emperor. Its name is Crysis. Bow before thee.

omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts

lol Gears does look better than everything else you posted there

firefly026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 firefly026
Member since 2005 • 3270 Posts
People, just wait for Crysis and UT3 (and to a lesser extent, BioShock), for a new graphics king.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 musicalmac  Moderator

[QUOTE="Heil68"]You put up Motorstorm???? Gears is a ALL AROUND great game, hence the 9.6 it got, 10 in the graphics department and why those games you've listed have flopped in comparison. Motorstorm???? :lol:gogeta242

Shenmue 1 got a 10 for graphics too, see what I did there8), Gears came out before Motorstorm, had Motorstorm came out in '06, it would've got a 10 as well.

That doesn't change the fact that Motorstorm didn't receive a 10. Gears set the bar high. Motorstorm didn't reach it.
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gogeta242
[QUOTE="gogeta242"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]I own all these games, and Gears of War looks the best in motion on my 1080p set, so therefore I consider it the king, and technically it still is.musicalmac

IYO

Are you saying your opinion is more important than his? Can you say you have the same first hand experience he does?

I'm going by pics, and yes I have Gears and an excellent HDTV. If Gears looks better on screen, don't you think the other games would as well:|

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gogeta242
[QUOTE="gogeta242"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]You put up Motorstorm???? Gears is a ALL AROUND great game, hence the 9.6 it got, 10 in the graphics department and why those games you've listed have flopped in comparison. Motorstorm???? :lol:musicalmac

That doesn't change the fact that Motorstorm didn't receive a 10. Gears set the bar high. Motorstorm didn't reach it.

Shenmue is graphics KING, see what I did there.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="gogeta242"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]You put up Motorstorm???? Gears is a ALL AROUND great game, hence the 9.6 it got, 10 in the graphics department and why those games you've listed have flopped in comparison. Motorstorm???? :lol:gogeta242

That still doesn't change the fact Motorstorm didn't get a 10 in graphics.
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

People, just wait for Crysis and UT3 (and to a lesser extent, BioShock), for a new graphics king.firefly026

or get a texture mod :)

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gogeta242

People, just wait for Crysis and UT3 (and to a lesser extent, BioShock), for a new graphics king.firefly026

We're comparing console games, so leave Crysis out. UT3, and Lair wll be the games that beat FN3 as graphics king.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gogeta242

Because no game released has better graphics then it that's why. I don't ever remember a game being on top in the graphics department for this long...

Anyways the new King is coming. Or shall I say the Emperor. Its name is Crysis. Bow before thee.

Blackbond

You must've missed the pics;)

PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PhoebusFlows
Member since 2007 • 2050 Posts

They are all great looking games. I am not really big on crowning one a "graphic king" because there are so many things to consider, like amount of detail, game environment, engine, genre, release date, etc...

I'm sure some things in Motorstorm look better, and some things in Darkness look better, and some things in Gears of War look better.

It's like a beauty pageant. Only one can win, but let's be honest, they're all HOT and we would (at least I would) not mind you know what with them all. We are dealing with the cream of the crop. I believe energy is better spent making fun of the Wii's terrible excuse for 2007 graphics. That's a major problem that needs fixing.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

gogeta242

You dare to make the bold claim that something looks better then Crysis?

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gogeta242
[QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="gogeta242"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]You put up Motorstorm???? Gears is a ALL AROUND great game, hence the 9.6 it got, 10 in the graphics department and why those games you've listed have flopped in comparison. Motorstorm???? :lol:musicalmac

That still doesn't change the fact Motorstorm didn't get a 10 in graphics.

Yes it does, Motorstorm looks better than Gears, but they were released in two different times. If Gears had released after Motorstorm, I doubt its graphics score would been as high. You have to remember that Gear came out when 360 was still considered xbox 1.5, so your arguement is invalid.

bucckevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bucckevin
Member since 2006 • 51 Posts
What's the difference between the pics posted? Gears is realtime.
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gogeta242
[QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="gogeta242"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]You put up Motorstorm???? Gears is a ALL AROUND great game, hence the 9.6 it got, 10 in the graphics department and why those games you've listed have flopped in comparison. Motorstorm???? :lol:RobbieH1234

Yes, I did see what you did there. You made yourself look like a fool, like you usually do. Comparing the graphics of a game by using screenshots is pointless, as you have just shown. When you want to prove your point you pick the worst screens of a certain game and pit them against the best screens of the other game, or you try to say we're biased, or your opinion is more valid than ours etc. If you want a true comparison, at least post HD gameplay videos. You probably won't do that though, as it would show that Gears is still the best looking game that has been released.

so I guess Gears is the only game to look better in motion huh, whatever fanboy.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="musicalmac"]

That still doesn't change the fact Motorstorm didn't get a 10 in graphics.gogeta242

Yes it does, Motorstorm looks better than Gears, but they were released in two different times. If Gears had released after Motorstorm, I doubt its graphics score would been as high. You have to remember that Gear came out when 360 was still considered xbox 1.5, so your arguement is invalid.

No it doesn't. Motorstorm did not score as well in the graphics department as Gears. That's because it doen't look as good. That will never change.
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gogeta242
[QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]

Blackbond

You dare to make the bold claim that something looks better then Crysis?

No what i meant was you missed the first post where I said we're comparing CONSOLE games, leave PC out of this, as it is a ever evolving platform.

RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts

so I guess Gears is the only game to look better in motion huh, whatever fanboy.

gogeta242
Gears does look better in motion. :| And don't resort to calling me a fanboy, it shows that you don't have any excuses to fall back on.
Primevil702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Primevil702
Member since 2005 • 911 Posts
Playing The Darkness right now on PS3 - good game, but they should have worked on the Framerate. As for Motorstorm, there aren't many games that can do what Motorstorm is doing - the game sports 15 cars on the track, all detailed as hell, great physics and insane Geometry throughtout all the levels. Not to mention the layering technique they used for the mud.
Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts

I own all these games, and Gears of War looks the best in motion on my 1080p set, so therefore I consider it the king, and technically it still is.BioShockOwnz

This man speaks the truth. Gears is the best looking game out.

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gogeta242
[QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="musicalmac"]

That still doesn't change the fact Motorstorm didn't get a 10 in graphics.musicalmac

No it doesn't. Motorstorm did not score as well in the graphics department as Gears. That's because it doen't look as good. That will never change.

Tekken 3 is graphics king, Shenmue is graphics king, Soul Caliber is Graphics King, time doesn't exist anymore does it. Leave me alone Lemming.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BioShockOwnz

Yes, I did see what you did there. You made yourself look like a fool, like you usually do. Comparing the graphics of a game by using screenshots is pointless, as you have just shown. When you want to prove your point you pick the worst screens of a certain game and pit them against the best screens of the other game, or you try to say we're biased, or your opinion is more valid than ours etc. If you want a true comparison, at least post HD gameplay videos. You probably won't do that though, as it would show that Gears is still the best looking game that has been released.

I agree with him, and I'm no fanboy. People who have been here longer than you know that. You are constantly trying to make anything about the 360 look bad. Now who's the fanboy?

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gogeta242

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]I own all these games, and Gears of War looks the best in motion on my 1080p set, so therefore I consider it the king, and technically it still is.Riviera_Phantom

I swear Lems will continue saying Gears is the best looking game until a 360 exclusive beats it out:roll:

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="musicalmac"]

That still doesn't change the fact Motorstorm didn't get a 10 in graphics.gogeta242

Tekken 3 is graphics king, Shenmue is graphics king, Soul Caliber is Graphics King, time doesn't exist anymore does it. Leave me alone Lemming.

I'm just telling you the truth. No matter how hard you'd like to believe otherwise, Gears of War will always look better than Motorstorm. It is superior graphically. Gears scored a 10. Motorstorm did not. There is no argument here.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="Riviera_Phantom"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]I own all these games, and Gears of War looks the best in motion on my 1080p set, so therefore I consider it the king, and technically it still is.gogeta242

I swear Lems will continue saying Gears is the best looking game until a 360 exclusive beats it out:roll:

You should realize you're not dealing with a bunch of lems. They're just being honest.
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

having played every single one of those games...in motion, I have to say that Gears is the graphics king. Motorstorm coming in second. I dont even see how this is a debate though. Gears is the graphics king right now and anyone who says otherwise needs to get their eyes checked.

However...Crysis will own everything when it comes out in September

gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gogeta242
[QUOTE="gogeta242"]

RobbieH1234

Gears does look better in motion. :| And don't resort to calling me a fanboy, it shows that you don't have any excuses to fall back on.

I have just as much proof as you do, since I've played all these games:|, the pics I posted looks better than Gears but once again Lemmings are in denial. They expect Gears to be the best looking game until a 360 exclusive beats it out.

Israfel856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Israfel856
Member since 2006 • 2483 Posts
This is ridicoulous, I've played all those games and in-motion Gears looks better. Those are screenshots, they do absolutely no justice to the game.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="RobbieH1234"][QUOTE="gogeta242"]

gogeta242

I have just as much proof as you do, since I've played all these games:|, the pics I posted looks better than Gears but once again Lemmings are in denial. They expect Gears to be the best looking game until a 360 exclusive beats it out.

The belief that Gears of War is the most impressive game graphically, on the shelves right now, does not make someone a lemming. It makes them honest.
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gogeta242
[QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="musicalmac"]

That still doesn't change the fact Motorstorm didn't get a 10 in graphics.musicalmac

I'm just telling you the truth. No matter how hard you'd like to believe otherwise, Gears of War will always look better than Motorstorm. It is superior graphically. Gears scored a 10. Motorstorm did not. There is no argument here.

So does Shenmue look better than the Darkness because Shenmue got a 10 in graphics:|

Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts
Honestly, I thought Ninja Gaiden Sigma had better graphics than Gears. :|
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="musicalmac"]

So does Shenmue look better than the Darkness because Shenmue got a 10 in graphics:|

Motorstorm and Gears came out within 4 months of each other...and in the same generation

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 musicalmac  Moderator

gogeta242
Not even the same gaming generation. phail :|
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gogeta242
[QUOTE="gogeta242"][QUOTE="RobbieH1234"][QUOTE="gogeta242"]

musicalmac

The belief that Gears of War is the most impressive game graphically, on the shelves right now, does not make someone a lemming. It makes them honest.

FNR3, Motorstorm, and the Darkness says different.

pic a color

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="gogeta242"]

RobbieH1234

Indeed. Here's Gears in motion in a multiplayer match:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/19157.html

Suyomizzle_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#49 Suyomizzle_
Member since 2005 • 1317 Posts
Look at the screens for yourself. Gears looks better than ALL THOSE GAMES, just from the screens.
gogeta242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gogeta242
[QUOTE="gogeta242"]

musicalmac

Not even the same gaming generation. phail :|

Okay then, so does Shenmue look better than Tomb Raider Anniversary?