Official PSN Triangle of doom Thread

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Captainqwark10
Member since 2011 • 1170 Posts

So we have One gorpu of Hackers attacking PSN (Idahca), One group of Hackers Attacking Sony's Music Service or so they claim (Lulzsec) and we still have that threat from anonymous that they will Attaack Sony themselves when PSN is back up (Which may effect PSN) even thought they are acting quite.

What's your take on this? This, to me, Has gotten pretty ridiculous but it has gotten to the point where hackers pretty much use Sony to practice for something bigger. This is completely crazy, and really, I don't think there is a valid reason for attacking them anymore. The first Anonymous un a few weeks ago may have had a reason, but come on? All these hacks at the same damn time? Who knows what will happen. Maybe these gropus are connected.

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts
Feds nabbed a bunch. They'll talk.
Tony-Baxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Tony-Baxter
Member since 2003 • 6498 Posts
Feds nabbed a bunch. They'll talk.TheMoreYouOwn
Really? link?
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

honestly with the fbi and homeland getting involved you would think these "geniues" would just take what they already did to sony and just vanish. This is why we can't have nice things and its things like this that give the government great cause to get involve with internet and other things.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
There really never was a valid reason to hack in first place, or a reason for anonymous to hate Sony other than their insecure and immature self-righteousness.
Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Captainqwark10
There really never was a valid reason to hack in first place, or a reason for anonymous to hate Sony other than their insecure and immature self-righteousness.funsohng
Anonymous did not like the fact Sony tried sueing Geohotz for messing with something he apparently owned. So that semmed to be legit, but after that now they are doing it for the lulz.
Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

Gotta tell ya, I lol'd at the title and it's specifications quite a bit.:lol:

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Captainqwark10

sanim02

One hacker did 170mill in damages, now if we multiply that by the worth of each of the departments attacked Sony could possibly lose a 2,000,000,001 in funds. That's overe 2 Billion dollars. Even thought that may not be that much, at first, you also have to add the law suits and complaints from the Consumers. Returning PS3's and Other media, and losing more money.

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

Four people isn't a bunch. :|

Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

[QUOTE="sanim02"]

Captainqwark10

One hacker did 170mill in damages, now if we multiply that by the worth of each of the departments attacked Sony could possibly lose a 2,000,000,001 in funds. That's overe 2 Billion dollars. Even thought that may not be that much, at first, you also have to add the law suits and complaints from the Consumers. Returning PS3's and Other media, and losing more money.

I wasn't lol'ing at your theory so to speak but the clever use of the title and it's specifications itself.:P More like a chuckle if you may, nothing ballistic or threatening to society.:P

r12qi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 r12qi
Member since 2010 • 1018 Posts

so i heard lulzsec say they will hack sony yesterday. so is it real?

ManicAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 ManicAce
Member since 2009 • 3267 Posts

I think that Sony went overboard with all the suing, trying to rip a million euros from some average joe is pretty much trying to destroy his life, and they threatened hundreds of hackers with the same fate, so I understand the retaliation. But now the hackers are going overboard, the point is made, time to call it quits, they're only justifying Sony's earlier craziness.

rasengan2552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rasengan2552
Member since 2009 • 5071 Posts

[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]Feds nabbed a bunch. They'll talk.Crazyguy105

Four people isn't a bunch. :|

4 people is enough. and these aren't members of the Italian mob who will keep their mouths shut no matter what, they're low life hackers who will squeal first chance to save their own asses.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Well... that's what you get if you attack a hacker :/

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Captainqwark10

ArchoNils2

When did Sony attack the hackers? They called them out is not an excuse as MS has done that with Windows many times.

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

I think that Sony went overboard with all the suing, trying to rip a million euros from some average joe is pretty much trying to destroy his life, and they threatened hundreds of hackers with the same fate, so I understand the retaliation. But now the hackers are going overboard, the point is made, time to call it quits, they're only justifying Sony's earlier craziness.

ManicAce

Having their lives destroyed is exactly what hackers deserve. Hopefully, once the feds catch them, they will spend at least half their lives in federal prison. Especially if convicted of attacking the bank companies and stealing credit card numbers and personal info (identity theft). Prosecutors should be merciless. 70 million charges of identity theft. **** YEAH!

Avatar image for KevinnButlerNPK
KevinnButlerNPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KevinnButlerNPK
Member since 2010 • 1145 Posts

Watching people continue to post anything positive and cheer Sony us refreshingly funny and will never get old. Sony can't stop the hackers, they have already proven this but keep cheering and grasping. It's more entertaining then most of the games on PS3...

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
Good god... Do we need another Sony Hacks sticky?
argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 argetlam00

Watching people continue to post anything positive and cheer Sony us refreshingly funny and will never get old. Sony can't stop the hackers, they have already proven this but keep cheering and grasping. It's more entertaining then most of the games on PS3...

KevinnButlerNPK

Whats wrong with cheering for Sony? WHy would I spupport scum who would try to deny services that we want to use?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

So we have One gorpu of Hackers attacking PSN (Idahca), One group of Hackers Attacking Sony's Music Service or so they claim (Lulzsec) and we still have that threat from anonymous that they will Attaack Sony themselves when PSN is back up (Which may effect PSN) even thought they are acting quite.

What's your take on this? This, to me, Has gotten pretty ridiculous but it has gotten to the point where hackers pretty much use Sony to practice for something bigger. This is completely crazy, and really, I don't think there is a valid reason for attacking them anymore. The first Anonymous un a few weeks ago may have had a reason, but come on? All these hacks at the same damn time? Who knows what will happen. Maybe these gropus are connected.

Captainqwark10

I voted that this has gotten out of hand and severe punishment is warranted. Once PSN was hacked and person information stolen, this stopped being about Sony being "evil" and became solely about the hacker's overinflated sense of self entitlement and ego. While this is costing Sony money, the fact is that the people who are really being punished by the hackers is us, the users. The gamers and normal people who are unable to use their consoles because some hackers feel they have some sort of rights that, frankly, they really don't have.

And the fact that they don't seem to realize who they are harming all because like 20 people want to run linux, or whatever idiotic reason they are spewing out this week, only proves to me that they are out of touch elitists who care only about themselves and not about corporate "evil" or anything else. They only care about themselves and they don't care who they harm as long as they get what they want.

Sorry, but that to me says these hackers arejerks (anything worse willbe censored, but you get the picture), bullies, andbehaving like immature babies. This has gone on long enough and needs to stop.

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Captainqwark10

[QUOTE="ManicAce"]

argetlam00

Having their lives destroyed is exactly what hackers deserve. Hopefully, once the feds catch them, they will spend at least half their lives in federal prison. Especially if convicted of attacking the bank companies and stealing credit card numbers and personal info (identity theft). Prosecutors should be merciless. 70 million charges of identity theft. **** YEAH!

That's equal to about 2 months in jail.

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 argetlam00

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

[QUOTE="ManicAce"]

Captainqwark10

Hacking and doing millions of dollar in damage to a corporation. Hacking bank accounts during the hype with WikLeaks. Stealing millions of people's personal info and credit cards? No man, thats ALOT of years in jail. Infact, it could very well be good enough to send them away for their whole lives. Especially if the judge wants to make an example.

KevinnButlerNPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KevinnButlerNPK

[QUOTE="KevinnButlerNPK"]

argetlam00

Whats wrong with cheering for Sony? WHy would I spupport scum who would try to deny services that we want to use?

Because Sony brought it upon themselves. Starting a war against a better prepared oppunant ,misleading consumers and then demaning the fanbase afterwards shows Sony doesn't care. Watching people still support Sony is funny. It was Sony that denied these services by not taking the threat seriously and providing the needed security,,,

KevinnButlerNPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KevinnButlerNPK

[QUOTE="Captainqwark10"]

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

argetlam00

Hacking and doing millions of dollar in damage to a corporation. Hacking bank accounts during the hype with WikLeaks. Stealing millions of people's personal info and credit cards? No man, thats ALOT of years in jail. Infact, it could very well be good enough to send them away for their whole lives. Especially if the judge wants to make an example.

It depends what country they are from. Not every country in the world has strict hacking laws. Also Sony can't find them...

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 argetlam00

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

KevinnButlerNPK

Because Sony brought it upon themselves. Starting a war against a better prepared oppunant ,misleading consumers and then demaning the fanbase afterwards shows Sony doesn't care. Watching people still support Sony is funny. It was Sony that denied these services by not taking the threat seriously and providing the needed security,,,

We all know Sony has **** cyber security. But I doubt they were expecting an attack on their servers like that. Now they know better. Either way, if you rob a bank, its not the banks lack of security that is at fault for it. YOU are.

EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts

[QUOTE="funsohng"]There really never was a valid reason to hack in first place, or a reason for anonymous to hate Sony other than their insecure and immature self-righteousness.Captainqwark10
Anonymous did not like the fact Sony tried sueing Geohotz for messing with something he apparently owned. So that semmed to be legit, but after that now they are doing it for the lulz.

It wasn't that, it was once Sony obtained the right to find out who visited his sites, plus when they got hold of his Youtube, and a bunch of his other accounts.

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 argetlam00

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

[QUOTE="Captainqwark10"] That's equal to about 2 months in jail.

KevinnButlerNPK

It depends what country they are from. Not every country in the world has strict hacking laws. Also Sony can't find them...

Except the Feds are on the case right now, not Sony. This is big enough to reach the FBI and just about every civilized country in the world has strict laws against hacking. Its pretty clear these guys are either American or European anyway.

KevinnButlerNPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KevinnButlerNPK

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

argetlam00

We all know Sony has **** cyber security. But I doubt they were expecting an attack on their servers like that. Now they know better. Either way, if you rob a bank, its not the banks lack of security that is at fault for it. YOU are.

If someone robs a bank because they called out all bank robbers and then had out of date security, it isn't the banks fault? Sure it isn't....

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Captainqwark10

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

argetlam00

If you can get into a bank valut, and into the valuts that have the cash with know DNA, Fingerprind, ID, or other forms of Identification in borad daylight and get away it's the banks fault. Same with Sony, the rumors that someon on the insideis hacking them is making more snese everyday. now we have three guns pointing toward them.

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 argetlam00

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

[QUOTE="KevinnButlerNPK"]Because Sony brought it upon themselves. Starting a war against a better prepared oppunant ,misleading consumers and then demaning the fanbase afterwards shows Sony doesn't care. Watching people still support Sony is funny. It was Sony that denied these services by not taking the threat seriously and providing the needed security,,,

KevinnButlerNPK

If someone robs a bank because they called out all bank robbers and then had out of date security, it isn't the banks fault? Sure it isn't....

LOL, of course it isn't. I'd love to see any bank robber tell a court that it was the banks fault they were robbed. AHAHAHAH

KevinnButlerNPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KevinnButlerNPK

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

argetlam00

Except the Feds are on the case right now, not Sony. This is big enough to reach the FBI and just about every civilized country in the world has strict laws against hacking. Its pretty clear these guys are either American or European anyway.

So what if they trace it to a country that is non extradition to the US authorites? Nigeria is a prime example. The FBI can provide you with plenty of cases of hackers from that country but are powerless against them...

zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#32 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts

Sounds like terrorism to me, looks like a new target for the anti terrorism units...send in the rangers!!!

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 argetlam00

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

[QUOTE="KevinnButlerNPK"] It depends what country they are from. Not every country in the world has strict hacking laws. Also Sony can't find them...

KevinnButlerNPK

So what if they trace it to a country that is non extradition to the US authorites? Nigeria is a prime example. The FBI can provide you with plenty of cases of hackers from that country but are powerless against them...

You think these hackers are citizens of a 3rd world ghetto? Seriously? Lets be realistic here. They are almost certainly citizens of European or North American country. Even if they do reside in said 3rd world ghetto that has no extradition to the US, if they have citizenship elsewhere, the US can reuest it from that country to extract them. SO right when they go home they are screwed.

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts

What's being done is "White Collar Criminality." Some info and food for thought.

Link

Link

Link

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

Captainqwark10

When did Sony attack the hackers? They called them out is not an excuse as MS has done that with Windows many times.

Well attack could be the wrong word (don't know which fits it better, english is just my third language), but all the stuff Sony did with GeoHot was just wrong. They went to the judges and took all his computers, tried to give him a forfeit he couldn't possible pay. No wonder hackers got angry because of that. You just don't screw a hacker, anyone with a common sense should know that. Especially if you use outdated software with known exploits -.-'

KevinnButlerNPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KevinnButlerNPK

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

argetlam00

You think these hackers are citizens of a 3rd world ghetto? Seriously? Lets be realistic here. They are almost certainly citizens of European or North American country.

You're telling me to be ralistic and then blindly speculating where the hackers are from. Priceless.

yentlequible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 yentlequible
Member since 2009 • 2620 Posts
While I love hacks and mods, etc... I want the store back up so I can get some free games! They need to give Sony a break I say.
argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 argetlam00

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

[QUOTE="KevinnButlerNPK"] So what if they trace it to a country that is non extradition to the US authorites? Nigeria is a prime example. The FBI can provide you with plenty of cases of hackers from that country but are powerless against them...

KevinnButlerNPK

You think these hackers are citizens of a 3rd world ghetto? Seriously? Lets be realistic here. They are almost certainly citizens of European or North American country.

You're telling me to be ralistic and then blindly speculating where the hackers are from. Priceless.

Not blind speculation. Reasonable deduction from their activities. These hackers are involved with things like Wikileaks and Xbox360, PS3 and Wii. What kind of 3rd world ghetto citizen hackers would give a **** about that?

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
PSN back up? It went down again? :?
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

argetlam00

Not blind speculation. Reasonable deduction from their activities. These hackers are involved with things like Wikileaks and Xbox360, PS3 and Wii. What kind of 3rd world ghetto citizen hackers would give a **** about that?

Do you not think they have internet outside of europe and the USA or something?
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
I am betting they fail. If Sony can win once it would slow down the attacks. As long as they are winning it's not going to stop.
daledoback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 daledoback
Member since 2011 • 148 Posts

argetlam00

Because Sony is trying constantly to screw consumers in a very discrete manner. Sometimes not so discrete. If you are happy asking "how high" when Sony tells you to jump so be it but don't be surprised when people ask "why do you like getting screwed corporations so much?".

I prefer to choose companies that is less deceitful or "the lesser of evils" if you will. And for the record, I never cheer any of them on.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
Yeah? Link?

honestly with the fbi and homeland getting involved you would think these "geniues" would just take what they already did to sony and just vanish. This is why we can't have nice things and its things like this that give the government great cause to get involve with internet and other things.

Chris_Williams
These hackers need to go after terrorist computers and leave America and it's friends alone.
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Bread_or_Decide

What's being done is "White Collar Criminality." Some info and food for thought.

Link

Link

Link

TheMoreYouOwn
Dude crimes don't EXIST on the internet. You can't like OWN digital stuff dude. It belongs to EVERYONE. Right on.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

[QUOTE="Captainqwark10"]

ZIMdoom

I voted that this has gotten out of hand and severe punishment is warranted. Once PSN was hacked and person information stolen, this stopped being about Sony being "evil" and became solely about the hacker's overinflated sense of self entitlement and ego. While this is costing Sony money, the fact is that the people who are really being punished by the hackers is us, the users. The gamers and normal people who are unable to use their consoles because some hackers feel they have some sort of rights that, frankly, they really don't have.

And the fact that they don't seem to realize who they are harming all because like 20 people want to run linux, or whatever idiotic reason they are spewing out this week, only proves to me that they are out of touch elitists who care only about themselves and not about corporate "evil" or anything else. They only care about themselves and they don't care who they harm as long as they get what they want.

Sorry, but that to me says these hackers arejerks (anything worse willbe censored, but you get the picture), bullies, andbehaving like immature babies. This has gone on long enough and needs to stop.

Sorry i'm all out of medals but take a "Nice one!" instead.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#46 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
I am betting they fail. If Sony can win once it would slow down the attacks. As long as they are winning it's not going to stop. HarlockJC
Yeah it was the same when hackers said "The PS3 is open and Sony can't do anytihng about it" then a couple weeks later "Ok looks like Sony fixed it... FOR NOW!!" :lol:
Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

daledoback

Because Sony is trying constantly to screw consumers in a very discrete manner. Sometimes not so discrete. If you are happy asking "how high" when Sony tells you to jump so be it but don't be surprised when people ask "why do you like getting screwed corporations so much?".

I prefer to choose companies that is less deceitful or "the lesser of evils" if you will. And for the record, I never cheer any of them on.

and when have you had to ask them "how high?" ????

Please.." '______' corporation is evil!!!!" Umm... then don't buy their products, why do you have to support hackers that aren't looking out for you in the least??!?!

I'll continue to enjoy their products.. whether it be sound, video, or gaming.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Bread_or_Decide

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

daledoback

How did Sony screw me? By providing me with countless hours of entertainment via their box that I chose to purchase? What'd they do? Offer me free online play? OH NO! Awesome line up of exclusives instead of just giving up (like xbox did)? OH NO! How dare they!!
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

I am betting they fail. If Sony can win once it would slow down the attacks. As long as they are winning it's not going to stop.HarlockJC

Sounds like Sony needs to hire Charlie Sheen to head the new security division :P.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

KevinnButlerNPK

The law is the law, and the law says that (a) people have a right to free speech, and (b) robbing a bank is illegal.

It makes no difference if the bank calls out bank robbers, the bank robbers still broke the law. The only exception would be if the "calling out" was agreed upon by both the bank and the robbers that no harm would come to the bank and/or customers and this was merely a means to test the security.

The fact is that regardless of the EXCUSES these whiny hackers are using, they are hurting the users. That is why we aren't blaming Sony. The hackers stole personal data including credit card info. In some countries they stole gamer points. And the damage they have done is not to the benefit of consumers but for themselves ONLY.

So no, you are wrong. The hackers have only themselves to blame and deserve the strictest punishment there is.