Official Halo 3 Discussion Thread - NOTHING LESS THAN SUSPENSION IF IGNORED

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

this'll be up until the review comes out when a new sticky will be made. keep all halo 3 discussion here or here...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3/forum.html?board_id=m-1-926632&pid=926632

Note: Do not post in other Halo 3 topics on this board. Posting about Halo 3 on this board, outside of this thread, will get you moderated.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
I hear it has a one hour Single Player campaign. = flop.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
T'was only a matter of time.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts

It sucks, if Halo 3 gets AAAA and really deserves it, people on here will scream bias on gamespot and call Halo 3 overrated without ever playing it.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts
it's about time....j/k
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 too_much_eslim

I hear it has a one hour Single Player campaign. = flop.DaysAirlines

lol you really know how to sound like the fanboys. I know its sarcasm.

ganon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ganon546
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts
Didn't somebody already create a Halo 3 hype thread? It was almost like Willy's MP3 thread. You should have just stickied that one.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
and so it begins.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lawlessx

Didn't somebody already create a Halo 3 hype thread? It was almost like Willy's MP3 thread. You should have just stickied that one.ganon546

this isnt a hype thread

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#10 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
I am looking forward to the 25th. " WHO'S WITH ME?!!!! "
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26119 Posts

The graphics are spectacular. 60fps = next-gen.

I wishI could make some sort of thread about this. But nah.

im_different

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 im_different
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
everyone is saying h3 will have 10 hour single player cause the people got through the first 2 levels in 2 hours on easy......im pretty sure levels get longer and harder the later they are.......maybe we should wait for them to finish the whole game before we draw conclusions.......
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
everyone is saying h3 will have 10 hour single player cause the people got through the first 2 levels in 2 hours on easy......im pretty sure levels get longer and harder the later they are.......maybe we should wait for them to finish the whole game before we draw conclusions.......im_different
There is no fun being a realist in System Wars, it just ruins the fun.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 too_much_eslim

everyone is saying h3 will have 10 hour single player cause the people got through the first 2 levels in 2 hours on easy......im pretty sure levels get longer and harder the later they are.......maybe we should wait for them to finish the whole game before we draw conclusions.......im_different

man 1up seems to be excited(and jumping the gun)because they are enhjoying Halo 3 campaign a lot.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="im_different"]everyone is saying h3 will have 10 hour single player cause the people got through the first 2 levels in 2 hours on easy......im pretty sure levels get longer and harder the later they are.......maybe we should wait for them to finish the whole game before we draw conclusions.......DaysAirlines

Wait. SW is supposed to be fun?! I thought this was very serious. Very serious, indeed. Grave.
user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts

Bout time..

Halo 3 ftw

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 too_much_eslim

[QUOTE="im_different"]everyone is saying h3 will have 10 hour single player cause the people got through the first 2 levels in 2 hours on easy......im pretty sure levels get longer and harder the later they are.......maybe we should wait for them to finish the whole game before we draw conclusions.......DaysAirlines

true, but it gets annoying and sometimes confuse people who do not stay up to date.

agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts
What is there to discuss? It's Halo, everyone here knows what that means. They aren't throwing any curveballs at us, its just like the previous entries, only better.
SillyManimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SillyManimal
Member since 2007 • 774 Posts

" Press began to arrive at 9 a.m. on Wednesday morning, as soon as they arrived, Chris and I elected to have them start through the Campaign on Heroic and then they could take their HDD up to their room to continue playing in the comfort and privacy of their own space. As the room filled up, however, folks simply couldn't be pried away from the 360 for anything other than snacks, of which there were plenty of fancy-ish Eurosnax and bottled sodas and beer. The press wouldn't leave their stations and kept playing, the room was pretty silent throughout the day (headphones do that to a room). Opdahl and I started every player on Heroic and tracked their progress, one player started on normal and was blowing through the first four missions in the game -- however, from BLAM! to conclusion things slowed down DRASTICALLY, he finished "BLAM!" at midnight when we closed the lab."

So, multiple people played the game on that day, it does not say that one person played it from 9am to 12am., it just says that one of them beat the game at 12am.

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

I hear it has a one hour Single Player campaign. = flop.DaysAirlines

You heard wrong, it's actually 25 min campaign. Master Chief told me in real life

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lawlessx

What is there to discuss? It's Halo, everyone here knows what that means. They aren't throwing any curveballs at us, its just like the previous entries, only better. agentfred

yup..nothing was added at all into halo3..bungie just made some minor changes to the graphics and A.I..nothing special

SillyManimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SillyManimal

I am looking forward to the 25th. " WHO'S WITH ME?!!!! "musicalmac

Yay Halo 3!

Avatar image for LinKuei_warrior
LinKuei_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 LinKuei_warrior
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

this'll be up until the review comes out when a new sticky will be made. keep all halo 3 discussion here or here...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3/forum.html?board_id=m-1-926632&pid=926632

CaseyWegner

u forgot to add in a threat..dont worry.ill do it for you:

Keep all halo 3 discussions here or else you will be locked in a solitaire confinement room with this kid.

Believe it!

BELIEVE IT!

Avatar image for BillGates_Money
BillGates_Money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BillGates_Money
Member since 2007 • 1200 Posts
some of you guys make a 30 hour game seem like 5 the way you guys go through them. i remember i beat oblivion within a month of its release and some guy was like "OMG yoou noob i beat it within two days" gimme a break
I_ReD45_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 I_ReD45_I
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts

Isn't Halo great for its MP anyway?

Never heard any of my friends say "I gotta get Halo for the campaign man" I'm happy its rumored to be 10 hours. I don't like spending too much time on SP when I could play the MP.

SillyManimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SillyManimal

some of you guys make a 30 hour game seem like 5 the way you guys go through them. i remember i beat oblivion within a month of its release and some guy was like "OMG yoou noob i beat it within two days" gimme a breakBillGates_Money

Well, you can beat Oblivion in less than a quarter of a day. But, that's no fun.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

LinKuei_warrior

Keep all halo 3 discussions here or else you will be locked in a solitaire confinement room with this kid.

Believe it!

BELIEVE IT!

oh. much worse than that.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#28 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

I am looking forward to the 25th. " WHO'S WITH ME?!!!! "musicalmac

yea umm your own your own. :roll:

LinKuei_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LinKuei_warrior
[QUOTE="LinKuei_warrior"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

Believe it!

BELIEVE IT!

ok..allow me to rephrase...

Keep all halo 3 discussions here or you will be locked in a room that has tvs everywhere looping this video over and over again

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6vs7AYAbDnw

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lawlessx

well..might aswell post some halo3 screenshots 8)

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
[QUOTE="LinKuei_warrior"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

Believe it!

BELIEVE IT!

No... no.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LinKuei_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LinKuei_warrior

well..might aswell post some halo3 screenshots 8)

lawlessx

Infamous....RED X OF DEAAAAAAATTTHHHH!!!

*solo*

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lawlessx
the pics show up on my computer :?
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]I hear it has a one hour Single Player campaign. = flop.kcpp2b

You heard wrong, it's actually 25 min campaign. Master Chief told me in real life

Neither of you got the full scoop. You only have access to the 25 min prequel campaign when you 1st insert the disc. When you finish that you unlock the Main Campaign which is 3,872 hrs... on EASY mode :P :P

LinKuei_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LinKuei_warrior
i got the red X of death :(
agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts

[QUOTE="agentfred"]What is there to discuss? It's Halo, everyone here knows what that means. They aren't throwing any curveballs at us, its just like the previous entries, only better. lawlessx

yup..nothing was added at all into halo3..bungie just made some minor changes to the graphics and A.I..nothing special

I'm going to go ahead and assume that was sarcasm. I'm also going to assume that you think bubble shields, and new grenades are going to completely revolutionize the franchise. Bungie has made refinements, not revolutions, not that thats a bad thing. It's going to play like every halo before it, its going to sell like very halo before it, and it's going to score like every halo before it. Just don't get too surprised when your MP starts bringing back memories of Halo 2. I'm sure everyone will love it regardless.

adriancostin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 adriancostin83
Member since 2007 • 1155 Posts
12 days 49 mins 15 secs weeeee
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kcpp2b
[QUOTE="kcpp2b"]

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]I hear it has a one hour Single Player campaign. = flop.AdobeArtist

Neither of you got the full scoop. You only have access to the 25 min prequel campaign when you 1st insert the disc. When you finish that you unlock the Main Campaign which is 3,872 hrs... on EASY mode :P :P

what a bunch of LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just just JUST heard from Bill Gates himself who teleported here with Prince and the Revolution and they old me that Halo 3 is ACTUALLY in negative time. So you actually lose an hour of time when you play the game.... it's crazy!

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lawlessx
[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="agentfred"]What is there to discuss? It's Halo, everyone here knows what that means. They aren't throwing any curveballs at us, its just like the previous entries, only better. agentfred

I'm going to go ahead and assume that was sarcasm. I'm also going to assume that you think bubble shields, and new grenades are going to completely revolutionize the franchise. Bungie has made refinements, not revolutions, not that thats a bad thing. It's going to play like every halo before it, its going to sell like very halo before it, and it's going to score like every halo before it. Just don't get too surprised when your MP starts bringing back memories of Halo 2. I'm sure everyone will love it regardless.

bubble shields and new greanades? are we still in early 2007 when the beta was release? there has been alot more info released about halo3's MP over the past few months. im just personally getting abit annoyed of reading posts like the one you just made..pretty much stating that theres nothing in halo3 worth talking about..other then the fact that its another halo.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="agentfred"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="agentfred"]What is there to discuss? It's Halo, everyone here knows what that means. They aren't throwing any curveballs at us, its just like the previous entries, only better. lawlessx

bubble shields and new greanades? are we still in early 2007 when the beta was release? there has been alot more info released about halo3's MP over the past few months. im just personally getting abit annoyed of reading posts like the one you just made..pretty much stating that theres nothing in halo3 worth talking about.

I agree. I stop arguing with them.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AdobeArtist  Moderator
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"][QUOTE="kcpp2b"]

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]I hear it has a one hour Single Player campaign. = flop.kcpp2b

I just just JUST heard from Bill Gates himself who teleported here with Prince and the Revolution and they old me that Halo 3 is ACTUALLY in negative time. So you actually lose an hour of time when you play the game.... it's crazy!

Wait, time reverses when you play the game? So you would actually get YOUNGER while playing? Holy *BLEEP* :o :o

LinKuei_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LinKuei_warrior
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"][QUOTE="kcpp2b"]

thats madness!!

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kcpp2b
[QUOTE="kcpp2b"][QUOTE="AdobeArtist"][QUOTE="kcpp2b"]

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]I hear it has a one hour Single Player campaign. = flop.AdobeArtist

Wait, time reverses when you play the game? So you would actually get YOUNGER while playing? Holy *BLEEP* :o :o

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's why Prince is so small... he's actually getting younger. He'll be 13 tommorow dude!!! HE TOLD ME THIS!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
[QUOTE="musicalmac"]I am looking forward to the 25th. " WHO'S WITH ME?!!!! "

I am..Im getting my copy at midnight! Playing it at the local movie theater!!! yeah!
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
[QUOTE="kcpp2b"][QUOTE="AdobeArtist"][QUOTE="kcpp2b"]

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]I hear it has a one hour Single Player campaign. = flop.LinKuei_warrior

thats madness!!

Xbox live is gonna be madness with all of those kids, or do you get older when you play the game online?
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="musicalmac"]I am looking forward to the 25th. " WHO'S WITH ME?!!!! "

I am..Im getting my copy at midnight! Playing it at the local movie theater!!! yeah!

"GET OUT!!!" ~Pushes Heil violently~
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kcpp2b

Xbox live is gonna be madness with all of those kids, or do you get older when you play the game online?smokeydabear076

I just asked Prince.

He said he said when you play it on Live your voice gets more high pitched and you start to wear heels

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lawlessx

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]I am looking forward to the 25th. " WHO'S WITH ME?!!!! "Heil68

sweet

but my 47 inch tv with surround sound is just as good :wink:

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lawlessx

[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"]Xbox live is gonna be madness with all of those kids, or do you get older when you play the game online?kcpp2b

I just asked Prince.

He said he said when you play it on Live your voice gets more high pitched and you start to wear heels

LMAO! :lol: