Not Paying Attention to Thief Reviews Because........

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

Such games like Knack and Ryse bombed in reviews and those were two really great enjoyable games.

Even though i used to be one of those guy's who never bought anything before reading the reviews, i'm starting to think today's reviewers are demanding too much from dev's and new hardware too soon.

I bought both Thief (PS4) and Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare (Xbone) today and i'm off to go enjoy them right now, but i will come back in this post later and give an honest opinion of both.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Reviews are opinions. If you enjoy the games, great for you. Star Wars: Bounty Hunter scored a 6.5 on here, yet I enjoyed the hell out of it.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

The reviews aren't even bad, it has a 70+ metacritic average which means it's a good game. The only point in reviews is to make sure a game isn't buggy and unfinished or a complete dud. Otherwise if a game gets good reviews and it interests me I'll still pick it up.

As for Thief I'm waiting for a price drop, it interests me to an extent but I don't really want it right now.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Slimmin360

Well i spent the better part of two and a half hours with Thief, and it's a bit tough in the beginning, but then once you get familiar with the menu's, and city map, and how and where to acquire supplies, the game goes along smoothly.

I'm a good way's through chapter two and i'm loving it so far....So much for the negative reviews.....AGAIN.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

good on you. gaming journalists have too much influence.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#6 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

Well i spent the better part of two and a half hours with Thief, and it's a bit tough in the beginning, but then once you get familiar with the menu's, and city map, and how and where to acquire supplies, the game goes along smoothly.

I'm a good way's through chapter two and i'm loving it so far....So much for the negative reviews.....AGAIN.

Blog it.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

Sounds nice, i still need wait for friday to EU release date:((

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

Yeah I've decided to buy Thief anyway... worst case scenario is that I'll have to return it if it's that bad.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

people still believe that anything below 7 is absoult garbag?

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

You're either:

1) ~20ish

2) have horrible taste

3) ~20ish and have horrible taste.

Wait till you're 30ish and bitter about the samey nature of video games then get back to me.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

One mans garbage is another mans treasure.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Slimmin360

@Boddicker said:

You're either:

1) ~20ish

2) have horrible taste

Wait till you're 30ish and bitter about the samey nature of video games then get back to me.

I'm actually 45 and i've been gaming for 35 years, So there isn't much i don't know about consoles and video games in general.

Plus what i already know is that because of the monsterous specs of the latest consoles, every game is going to be under very tough scrutiny and i'm not so sure thats a good thing, reviewers are looking too much at framerates, resolutions, multiplayer aspects and not enough on gameplay, story and just the pure fun factor of a game....i.m.o.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Not listening to reviews either. Reviews said Ryse blew, and I loved it so much I have beaten in 3 times and will go for a 4th some time.

Also reviews didn't like Dead Rising 3 and that game rocked my socks.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@Boddicker said:

You're either:

1) ~20ish

2) have horrible taste

This has to be one of the most ignorant posts I have ever read on SW. What a horrible assumption and rude way to make a ridiculous point. Being 30 (the age of you become ruler of what is "good taste) I assumed you would know better.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

There's not much to legitimately discuss here SW wise, if you wanna talk about your opinions on the reviews etc. I suggest sticking to the Thief review threads already out there or blogging it