deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/huge-no-mans-sky-beyond-update-release-date-confir/1100-6468869/

At last, it is here. No Man's Sky VR arrives in just under two weeks. This is going to be a huge system seller for PSVR, Vive, etc. VR fans have been asking for this since day one, and Hello Games listened. Props to them. The update also includes a whole new level of multiplayer support (fingers crossed--online VR crossplay baby!!!), and a mysterious "third pillar" that is being kept for a surprise--but is supposed to be HUGE. Sean Murray has already said that over a million VR headset owners also own NMS, which means that the multiplayer community for NMS VR is going to be lit right off the bat.

Hype level 1000. My purple-haired head is going to explode.

Can't. Freakin'. Wait.

Here's what critics have said about the VR update (universally loved, basically)--

“No Man’s Sky is the virtual reality game I have waited my entire life to play” – GamesRadar

“Murray hesitantly promoting the latest update to No Man’s Sky and us doing our best not to lose our cool. That, I’m afraid to say, is far easier said than done; No Man’s Sky is absolutely phenomenal when experienced in virtual reality. I’m sorry, Sean – this is where I cordially invite everybody to join me aboard the hype train, and there is no turning back this time.”

“No Man’s Sky feels like a totally different game in VR” – IGN

“I can’t really describe how it felt. Teetering just above the planet’s surface, it didn’t feel like No Man’s Sky anymore. It felt lonely, exciting, and honestly a little scary. That’s No Man’s Sky VR in a nutshell. Taking something you once knew and experiencing it in a completely different light.”

“No Man’s Sky VR brings personal scale to an endless galaxy” – PCGamesN

“Where many other VR games (with rare, excellent exceptions) have felt limited, the grandness inherent to No Man’s Sky rips those limitations apart”

“No Man’s Sky and VR are the perfect match” – PCGamer

“I spent fifteen minutes with No Man’s Sky VR, and it wasn’t nearly enough. Whatever voodoo is required to make a game feel just right in VR, Hello Games seems to have nailed it.”

“No Man’s Sky in VR feels like a whole new game” – The Verge

“I’ve played well over a hundred hours of No Man’s Sky since the game first debuted in 2016. I’ve touched down on countless planets, swam beneath alien oceans, and ran from a hostile robotic police force. But nothing I’ve done up until now has felt as thrilling as jumping into the cockpit of a ship, pulling down the glass enclosure with my hands, and pushing the throttle to blast off into the sky.”

“No Man’s Sky is absolutely stellar in VR” – Eurogamer

“It’s amazing, of course. There are few games better suited to the full immersion of virtual reality, and I’m delighted to say that, from my short experience: there’s that thrilling sense of being there, feet planted on some alien planet, scanning the horizons and getting drunk on the endless possibilities out there.”

“No Man’s Sky in VR is a blast” – Polygon

“This is VR at its most compelling, putting me in fantastical places and giving me viewpoints that I can never expect to attain in real life.”

“No Man’s Sky VR is the purest way to explore the universe” – Engadget

“If the goal of No Man’s Sky is to make players feel, full-stop — then VR is the best way to play. This sense of scale and immersion simply can’t translate on a 2D screen.”

“Hands-On: No Man’s Sky VR Is A World Of Limitless Possibilities” – UploadVR

“No Man’s Sky in VR is, without question, poised to immediately become the largest and most expansive VR game to date once the Beyond update releases.”

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#2 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

I prefer the 3rd person view but i'm sure it will be fun in VR as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

The PS4 version is gonna be suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper blurry

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@goldenelementxl said:

There's already PSVR footage. Not blurry at all. Check IGN's link (and others). Check the PSVR trailer. No blur. Granted, a PS4 Pro is recommended for PSVR gaming.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@subspecies said:
@goldenelementxl said:

There's already PSVR footage. Not blurry at all. Check IGN's link (and others). Check the PSVR trailer. No blur. Granted, a PS4 Pro is recommended for PSVR gaming.

Off screen, direct feed and in the headset are all very different things. Look at this direct footage from Giant Bomb of Wolfenstein.

Loading Video...

Yuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@goldenelementxl said:
@subspecies said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Off screen, direct feed and in the headset are all very different things. Look at this direct footage from Giant Bomb of Wolfenstein.

Loading Video...

Yuck

Dude, read the freakin' reviews. Practically all of the PSVR reviews said the graphics look nice and crisp. PC graphics are obviously better, but HG have optimized the game specifically for VR headsets.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Ant_17: It hasn't been stated if you can play it 3rd person in VR or not. At any rate, having it in first person on a flat screen is worlds apart from first person in VR. Looking to your side and seeing a moon through your spaceship window instead of the wall of your living room, for example, is something that is impossible to do justice with words. You just have to see it for yourself to really appreciate how crazy VR is.

nishanth12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 nishanth12
Member since 2008 • 679 Posts

Yea.. I've been waiting for this update for a while..

I'm totally gonna play this in VR with my non-VR buddy. Hype

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#9  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1190 Posts

PSVR isn't always blurry. In-game RIGS Mechanized Combat League, AC7, Tumble VR, all look really nice. GT Sport and Skyrim VR look a bit off. Although in Skyrim it hardly matters.

So it's really a crapshoot if No Man's Sky will look nice or not. PSVR is capable of good/decent looking games though.

I doubt it will look Suuuuuuuper blurry, maybe slightly blurry, or maybe it will look fine.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

That is cool news, but to bad I am an Oculus Quest fan. Man it is just a kick ass headset and I absolutely love not being tethered to anything. Some of the experiences I have had with that headset are just amazing. Facebook said the other day they can't even make them fast enough right now so it is good competition for the PSVR. I will not be surprised if it is not the hot item this Christmas.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Xabiss: Quest is a cool device, undoubtedly. But NMS VR, dude. Come on. This is gonna be epic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

Ive heard Ace Combat is amazing in VR. Never had any interest in this game.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3066 Posts

Let's go! So hyped!

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17882 Posts

sweet! gonna add that to the ol VR list.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

@Xabiss said:

That is cool news, but to bad I am an Oculus Quest fan. Man it is just a kick ass headset and I absolutely love not being tethered to anything. Some of the experiences I have had with that headset are just amazing. Facebook said the other day they can't even make them fast enough right now so it is good competition for the PSVR. I will not be surprised if it is not the hot item this Christmas.

It's a great headset and if they can keep the supply chain going and keep making new games for it, I'd say it may end up being one of the most important VR headsets in history (yeah, really). Sometimes it takes one product to jumpstart an industry into the mainstream sphere, and standalone headsets like Quest have all the makings of that.

Also, No Man's Sky VR will be on SteamVR, and I think you are able to sideload that onto Quest and play it. Haven't checked if things have changed recently in an update, but you could look into it (your PC would need to be VR capable though, to stream it to your Quest).

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Xabiss

@whatafailure said:
@Xabiss said:

It's a great headset and if they can keep the supply chain going and keep making new games for it, I'd say it may end up being one of the most important VR headsets in history (yeah, really). Sometimes it takes one product to jumpstart an industry into the mainstream sphere, and standalone headsets like Quest have all the makings of that.

Also, No Man's Sky VR will be on SteamVR, and I think you are able to sideload that onto Quest and play it. Haven't checked if things have changed recently in an update, but you could look into it (your PC would need to be VR capable though, to stream it to your Quest).

Well it is not exactly side loading, but you run it through Remote Desktop and then sideload the VR part of Remote Desktop using SideQuest. Unfortunately Oculus made Remote Desktop turn off this feature within the actual app and you have to side load it now to make it work. After that then you can stream your VR library to the headset. Of course the issue with this is the latency that is introduced, but everyone says it really isn't to bad but you can tell. They say being untethered more then makes up for it.

You are 100% correct with you first paragraph and I do not think Oculus was ready for how popular this thing has become.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Xabiss

@subspecies said:

@Xabiss: Quest is a cool device, undoubtedly. But NMS VR, dude. Come on. This is gonna be epic.

Oh I agree with you 100%. It may be the game that makes me buy Remote Desktop and side load the VR portion so I can stream Steam VR games on my headset. Even with the little bit of latency introduced I think it will be epic being completely untethered.

Think about this... Oculus Quest streaming NMW with the developer option turned on that turns off all boundaries. Going to a basketball gym or football field at dusk and practically being able to walk anywhere you want to go. There would be some setup, but with my laptop it would not be to bad. Man now that would be some crazy gameplay!

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

LOL reduc makes out like it a brand new game releasing when its an update.

We do threads for updates now, VR nutters get more desperate by the day for their niche gimmick to be mainstream, you keep fighting little ones :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Xabiss said:
@subspecies said:

Oh I agree with you 100%. It may be the game that makes me buy Remote Desktop and side load the VR portion so I can stream Steam VR games on my headset. Even with the little bit of latency introduced I think it will be epic being completely untethered.

Think about this... Oculus Quest streaming NMW with the developer option turned on that turns off all boundaries. Going to a basketball gym or football field at dusk and practically being able to walk anywhere you want to go. There would be some setup, but with my laptop it would not be to bad. Man now that would be some crazy gameplay!

Yeah, lol, it can get tricky with streaming. Good luck if you go for that, I hope you pull it off. My main concern would be latency. Not that it would matter too much in NMS, as it's not an overly twitch-based game or anything, but still. Lag sucks, even small amounts. But I'm with you on the untethered love. No wires is truly awesome when it comes to VR.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Cannot wait for this update, beyond hyped.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56426 Posts

@subspecies: Got myself a PSVR for a good price 3 weeks ago and will test it out on No Man's Sky! I been looking to return playing that game and still love it since it's launch. VR edition is a nice bonus.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

Can't wait to try in VR. Haven't played since a few months after launch, watched some vids looks awesome now with full MP and VR and other awesome updates.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@davillain-: Welcome to the PSVR family! ;)

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12067 Posts

LOL No Mans Sky.............LOL VR.................

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts
@kuu2 said:

Pretty much, NMS was trash, is trash and will always be ah... trash?

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

I wanted No Man’s Sky in VR. Seems like a perfect match.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts
@sleepnsurf said:
@kuu2 said:

Pretty much, NMS was trash, is trash and will always be ah... trash?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#29 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70447 Posts

Not much of a VR person but this is going to be great for VR fans that are into Sci-fi and Space "sims".

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8786 Posts

So, maybe I'll get this game when it's on sale. Seems like a good reason to bust out my dusty PSVR gear.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#31 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

NMS is amazing....i can't wait to start a new survival game. This will be so good!

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Gonna finally jump in, my PSVR has been collecting dust after RE7.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@ButDuuude said:

I wanted No Man’s Sky in VR. Seems like a perfect match.

It is a perfect match, for sure. Space sims should all be in VR, really, or at least have the option. As far as NMS goes, Sean Murray has stated that he was thinking about it for a long time, and I suspect he always wanted it in VR, but it was not a viable option until now.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 UItravioIence

@DEVILinIRON: you can find No Mans Sky for like $10 at walmart. That's where I got mine.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8786 Posts

@uitravioience said:

@DEVILinIRON: you can find No Mans Sky for like $10 at walmart. That's where I got mine.

Wow, ok. Thanks for the heads up.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 UItravioIence

@DEVILinIRON: no problem

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 UItravioIence

Just one more day! So hyped for this update. Me and my girlfriend both play NMS but only have one psvr in the house. Take a guess who will be playing on it first. Lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@uitravioience said:

Just one more day! So hyped for this update. Me and my girlfriend both play NMS but only have one psvr in the house. Take a guess who will be playing on it first. Lol

I'm so frikkin' excited, dude. I feel like a little kid again. :):):)

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

@subspecies said:
@uitravioience said:

I'm so frikkin' excited, dude. I feel like a little kid again. :):):)

Yup. And it has been announced that there will be no Universe Reset so your saved games are good. I'm ready to run through my capital ship in VR, then jump into my bird and find a few planets.

Come on Steam...gimme my update.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58527 Posts

Props to Murray and the team at Hello Games; they might not have given us what we wanted at release, but they more than made up for that by delivering to us more than we could have ever hoped. NMS has turned out to be truly one of the better games of the decade imo.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58527 Posts

Question: is this a standalone game that costs additional, or an update to the base game?

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 UItravioIence

So glad there's no server reset. Just got done duping a bunch of materials. Every ship is packed. Making my way to the Galactic Hub as soon as the update drops!

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By UItravioIence

@mrbojangles25: Update. All of Hello Games DLC have been free.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

Got my VR set up. Just waiting for the patch.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#45 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

@freedomfreak:

Same. Today we will be astronauts, guys :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@mrbojangles25 said:

Props to Murray and the team at Hello Games; they might not have given us what we wanted at release, but they more than made up for that by delivering to us more than we could have ever hoped. NMS has turned out to be truly one of the better games of the decade imo.

I'm sorry but that is just BS, he lied his arse off on tv and got a shit ton of people to buy his product upon release (full price) and didn't deliver, then went into hiding. But you want to praise them, its no wonder gamers are seen as gullible idiots.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By UItravioIence

@i_p_daily: get over it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56426 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I'm sorry but that is just BS, he lied his arse off on tv and got a shit ton of people to buy his product upon release (full price) and didn't deliver, then went into hiding. But you want to praise them, its no wonder gamers are seen as gullible idiots.

Yes Mr. Daily, you are right. He lied what he said it will be in the game but at the same time, Murray & his Hello Game Team never abandon the game at all. Updating takes time and within that time, it paid off as of now with this latest update. For me, I freaking love the game when it launch, it is the only 3rd-party game I put almost 100 hours on PS4. Murray was just too ambitious early on, then didn't come clean when the game was nearing it's release date. He was intentionally ambiguous to hide the game's lack of features. I could forgive him if the game was actually good which it was for me personally. At least Sony did the right thing by offering a refund after the game launch, even Sony didn't know NMS was gonna cause alot of shitstorm. I'm really surprise you're still talking about this.

I wouldn't say I'm praising Hello Games but they never give up making No Man's Sky the best it can be and that says alot. I hope the update downloads while I'm at work so I can play it when I return home :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Impressions form a ResetEra user.

“Anyway, impressions on Pro:

Blurry as all heck, somewhat to be expected, definitely some sort of dynamic res going on.

Pop in worse than flat version but much better than I expected.

Performance is completely solid, no problems zipping around the planet.

Controls for exocrafts with the DualShock is total, total ass.

Weird audio bug with a constant shuffle noise on the left.

Can’t say I’m a fan of the DualShock implementation with the blaster/mining beam, that needs some work.

Full movement with DualShock as promised.

Sense of scale is truly immense. Even trees look imposing.

Ship cockpits look fantastic.”

I tried to tell y’all the PS4 (and Pro) and PSVR would be blurry af. “But But But teh videos!” It’s like y’all never learn...

Waiting for the PC version to go live so I can play on Vive ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Yes Mr. Daily, you are right. He lied what he said it will be in the game but at the same time, Murray & his Hello Game Team never abandon the game at all. Updating takes time and within that time, it paid off as of now with this latest update. For me, I freaking love the game when it launch, it is the only 3rd-party game I put almost 100 hours on PS4. Murray was just too ambitious early on, then didn't come clean when the game was nearing it's release date. He was intentionally ambiguous to hide the game's lack of features. I could forgive him if the game was actually good which it was for me personally. At least Sony did the right thing by offering a refund after the game launch, even Sony didn't know NMS was gonna cause alot of shitstorm. I'm really surprise you're still talking about this.

I wouldn't say I'm praising Hello Games but they never give up making No Man's Sky the best it can be and that says alot. I hope the update downloads while I'm at work so I can play it when I return home :)

I beg to differ as it reads like 1) you're praising them & 2) you're making excuses for them.