Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#51 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59108 Posts

Not big on this level.

Becomes apparent when play these in chronological order how much of a huge step up TR2 was. It's the RE2 to its RE.

pixieValerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 5

#52 pixieValerie
Member since 2019 • 362 Posts

Combat is still something I'm struggling with, especially with the humans. I feel like I'm missing something to make it more manageable.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Really enjoying it. Playing with tank controls and old graphics. Luv me uprezzed old games. I switch back and forth in some areas. New artstyle doesn't look bad. They didn't overdo it. Still has a certain mobile game look, but whatever. Game's fine. Really fine, actually.

It's freakin' great. They did perfect with this. Aspyr is a great dev.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

PSA. Launch went great, obviously, but as for any issues, Aspyr's at work on a patch that will cover a bunch of stuff.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 uninspiredcup

@pixievalerie: Use quick-turn and jump, enemies do not instantly turn round but have to rotate at 45+ degree angles. Usually better running towards to the side and past them than away.

Can also cheese them by using a ledge.

pixieValerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#56 pixieValerie
Member since 2019 • 362 Posts

@uninspiredcup:

Thank you, that's solid advice. This has been a refreshing and satisfying experience so far, gradually getting better, finding what jump is best for each situation, and figuring things out all on my own.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 uninspiredcup

This def feels like it was made by someone who loves these games than some pumped out the door shit.

The Tomb Raider Remastered trilogy was led by a fan who's spent the last 8 years working on an unofficial Tomb Raider game engine

A Tomb Raider fan, who's been unofficially remastering the first five games for the last eight years, has announced they worked on the official remastered trilogy.

XProger, the developer of game engine OpenLara, has spent the last few years upgrading the first five Tomb Raider games and allowing players to enjoy Lara Croft's early adventures in their browser. According to this breakdown, the project stays true to the original's look and feel but adds some enhancements that make the old-school games "look a bit less archaic."

OpenLara alters the original games' framerate so that it's no longer fixed to 30FPS and can instead reach between 60 and 144FPS. It also allows players to set the internal resolution and adds things like new water effects, self-shadowing on all the player models, improved lighting effects, a local multiplayer mode, a first-person view, and a range of optional graphical enhancements.

You may think that since the Tomb Raider 1 - 3 Remastered collection is now a thing, XProger would be out of a job. That's actually the complete opposite of what's happened, as the developer has recently revealed that they've put their projects on hold, since they've been working on the official remastered trilogy instead.

On February 14, the programmer took to Twitter to tell OpenLara fans why they've not been updating the program for a while: "For the past year, I've been busy with a dream project that has become the culmination of the last eight years of my life - Tomb Raider 1 - 3 Remastered."

In a thread, the developer shares more about their experience working on Aspyr's remaster, revealing that they worked with "a small 'Development Team' of crazy people" who had an "absolute vision of what and for whom we are doing" it all for. They also took the time to thank the studios behind it for "trusting" them to not only lead the project but also "assemble a dream team of true fans."

The Tomb Raider 1 - 3 Remastered is available now on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 uninspiredcup

Forgot how rewarding and satisfying this secret was.

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 uninspiredcup

Here's an in-depth analysis/comparison

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By uninspiredcup

Very nice.

Tomb Raider I-III Remastered has already made a reported $1.9m on Steam alone (via). The unexpected success of this game makes further Tomb Raider remasters very possible.

@VG_Insights

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#62 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69932 Posts

@uninspiredcup: I am to assume you bought the game? It is still pending for me.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 uninspiredcup

@Pedro: Yes, played 25 hours thus far, still in Tomb Raider 1, mainly cause trying to 100% secrets.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1257 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Hopefully we get remasters for 2013, Rise and Shadow ...the pinnacle of the series and possibly all gaming.