Nintendo START BUYING give up on 3rd parties

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Juice_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Juice_24
Member since 2007 • 851 Posts
3rd parties dont care about the Nintendo install base. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594001 Nintendo News Nintendo 3DS Was the Best-Selling Video Game Platform in May Nintendo 3DS continued its strong year with another first: The platform was the best-selling video game hardware platform in the United States in May. The launch of Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D on May 23 and another strong month for Luigis Mansion: Dark Moon helped Nintendo 3DS software sales in stores increase by more than 60 percent over the same time last year. Nintendo 3DS also had two of the top three best-selling software SKUs for the month, with Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D at No. 2 and Luigis Mansion: Dark Moon at No. 3. So lets put things in perspective 1. WII sold like gangbusters, and it got shoddy 3rd party support. 2. 3DS is a top sellign system, and it gets paltry 3rd party support. 3. DS was one of the highest selling systems of all times and was ignored 4. WIIu has bad sales? Nintendo please forget 3rd parties, you have the money BUY namco/bandai, and sega. Buy a western FPS house! CRAP saints row just went up for sale buy that! Buy a studio can can make an NFL or NBA game.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
DS and 3DS get good 3rd party. Wii was too weak to get games and they didn't sell anyway.
MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
Why stop what works? One will buy a Nintendo platform to play Nintendo games. Nintendo should drop the price to 299 or 249 and they will be fine.
Juice_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Juice_24
[QUOTE="locopatho"]DS and 3DS get good 3rd party. Wii was too weak to get games and they didn't sell anyway.

Give me a 3DS top million seller thats actually deserved to sell a million.
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
I'm sorry what? All of those consoles had big 3rd party support. In fact, they have the biggest exclusive 3rd party support. Just because they don't have the AAA super blockbuster, OMG commerical every 5 seconds, type of 3rd party support DOES NOT mean they don't have 3rd party support.
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9547 Posts

Why stop what works? One will buy a Nintendo platform to play Nintendo games. Nintendo should drop the price to 299 or 249 and they will be fine.MercenaryMafia

Audacitron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Audacitron
Member since 2012 • 991 Posts

Do Nintendo have any Western devs besides Retro?  Frankly I think they still haven't filled the hole left by Rare.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"]DS and 3DS get good 3rd party. Wii was too weak to get games and they didn't sell anyway.Juice_24

Monster Hunter. Dragon Quest.

Do only million sellers count? 

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

[QUOTE="Juice_24"][QUOTE="locopatho"]DS and 3DS get good 3rd party. Wii was too weak to get games and they didn't sell anyway.locopatho

Monster Hunter. Dragon Quest.

Do only million sellers count? 

Apparently, if it doesn't sell 1 million...the game gets sucked in to a black hole and becomes non-existent.
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

Do Nintendo have any Western devs besides Retro?  Frankly I think they still haven't filled the hole left by Rare.

Audacitron

Retro's getting there, slowly but surely.

David Wise on Tropical Freeze

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

They have to. I can't believe that they aren't. Do they think nobody notices these game delays? They can't even give us real Mario/DK games, we get stuck with low budget 2D games. Its been 8 months since it launched and there has been nothing to play since launch, and anything interesting isn't coming till next year at the very least. Im so disappointed in Nintendo. They have completely and utterly squandered their year head start because of their complete inability to make anything in good time.

They should have bought platinum already. They should be buying more studios. They need games, and need them desperately. Third parties aren't going to put in the effort of making something interesting if Nintendo isn't going to bother. They need to lead by example and get ambitious. But their laziness is going to really hurt them.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VendettaRed07

[QUOTE="Audacitron"]

conkertheking1

Retro doesn't even compare honestly. Theyll never get there or be able to mimmick how rare carried Nintendo and gave them hit titles exactly when they needed it. They gave them 2-3 games a year, and not just any low ambition type games, blockbuster awesome titles. I think on IGN during the span of the N64 they gave the n64 7AAAEs, and 5AAes. Thats insanity. Nobody does that today. Not even in the media overhyped 9GN era

The style of their games also perfectly contrasted Nintendos own games to give the systems software much needed variety. Retro doesn't do this. Its no coincedence that ever since retro left there has been a severe lack of "edge" in any first party Nintendo titles. They make nothing like Conker, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, or even games with subtle maturity like Banjo. I don't see Retro doing that either. Having that sort of first party variety with quality mature titles is so important because people who want titles like that would have to buy a wiiu to play them, and the odds of mature third party titles doing well on nintendos current platform if internally there was more variety, would be a lot higher.. Instead of how it is now where people who are interested in those sorts of games don't buy Nintendo consoles, so games like COD, AC, Watch Dogs, or even NMH or any other type of third party support they are given is sent to die.

Nintendo has never been the same since they let them and I don't think that they ever will be.

Juice_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Juice_24

[QUOTE="conkertheking1"]

[QUOTE="Audacitron"]

VendettaRed07

Retro doesn't even compare honestly. Theyll never get there or be able to mimmick how rare carried Nintendo and gave them hit titles exactly when they needed it. They gave them 2-3 games a year, and not just any low ambition type games, blockbuster awesome titles. I think on IGN during the span of the N64 they gave the n64 7AAAEs, and 5AAes. Thats insanity. Nobody does that today. Not even in the media overhyped 9GN era

The style of their games also perfectly contrasted Nintendos own games to give the systems software much needed variety. Retro doesn't do this. Its no coincedence that ever since retro left there has been a severe lack of "edge" in any first party Nintendo titles. They make nothing like Conker, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, or even games with subtle maturity like Banjo. I don't see Retro doing that either. Having that sort of first party variety with quality mature titles is so important because people who want titles like that would have to buy a wiiu to play them, and the odds of mature third party titles doing well on nintendos current platform if internally there was more variety, would be a lot higher.. Instead of how it is now where people who are interested in those sorts of games don't buy Nintendo consoles, so games like COD, AC, Watch Dogs, or even NMH or any other type of third party support they are given is sent to die.

Nintendo has never been the same since they let them and I don't think that they ever will be.

This, and Im upset , but i wouldnt go as far as saying there is NOthing to play on the system. You cant complain about the machine not gettign multiplats but then ignore RE:R, Monster hunter, Lego cities NFS, BLOPS2, ACIII, and other multiplat games. I bought the consoles for monster hunter and AAA exclusives any way.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
[QUOTE="Juice_24"] 3. DS was one of the highest selling systems of all times and was ignored

Can't believe anything else you say after you said that.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

They have to. I can't believe that they aren't. Do they think nobody notices these game delays? They can't even give us real Mario/DK games, we get stuck with low budget 2D games. Its been 8 months since it launched and there has been nothing to play since launch, and anything interesting isn't coming till next year at the very least. Im so disappointed in Nintendo. They have completely and utterly squandered their year head start because of their complete inability to make anything in good time.

They should have bought platinum already. They should be buying more studios. They need games, and need them desperately. Third parties aren't going to put in the effort of making something interesting if Nintendo isn't going to bother. They need to lead by example and get ambitious. But their laziness is going to really hurt them.

VendettaRed07

You're making a lot of blatant assumptions here. I don't get how a sequel to DKCR which is a game that was released to critical acclaim, sold like 6 million copies and was a fan favourite platformer for the generation is now not a real DK game and is low budget. They even got back David Wise who composed the original DKC trilogy which for the record was 3 games in a single 5 year long generation. I also don't get how 3D World is a low budget game. A) its not 2D and B) if you watch the Nintendo developer directs you can tell that they've wanted to make this type of game for some time. Even then I don't get this idea of "real" mario. The hell does that mean? Do you mean "game I would have prefered"?

Also, have you ever thought that platinum doesn't want to be bought? I think you have a wildly optimistic idea of what third parties are willing to do. They don't give a shit about the WiiU because not only is it basically a generation behind in power, its also selling like shit. It makes 0 sense for Nintendo to go out and try and release "ambitious" unproven tripe in the hope that someone will be like "oooooh, nintendo is doing an experiment, maybe we should start on one that won't be out for at least 2 years and the gaming landscape is again different!!1!!!" That's just stupid tbh, releasing games is just as much about oppurtunity and appeal as it is about quality. Nintendo can be accused as being lazy in a lot of ways but I doubt when their games get into the hands of players that will be the case unless all you judge a game on is visuals.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 VendettaRed07

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

[QUOTE="conkertheking1"]Retro's getting there, slowly but surely.

Juice_24

This, and Im upset , but i wouldnt go as far as saying there is NOthing to play on the system. You cant complain about the machine not gettign multiplats but then ignore RE:R, Monster hunter, Lego cities NFS, BLOPS2, ACIII, and other multiplat games. I bought the consoles for monster hunter and AAA exclusives any way.

I had pretty much all those games on other platforms already. RE on 3DS, MH on the original Wii like, 3 years ago, AC on 360 and I didn't get BLOPs for wiiu because the multiplayer community is completely dead. The system doesn't get multiplats because Nintendo doesn't give you many reasons to pick the versions on their system over the others. The only game that came out that I thought about buying was the Lego game.. but I honestly wasn't all that interested and I dont want to just buy a game just for the sake of it because theres nothing else to play.

There were games, but they weren't games designed for WiiU. So far everything has been pretty much a "well what do we got?" type release. Where they just put out what they thought might sell and not take a lot of time/effort to make. At least with the n64 we got games that really made the system feel like it was worth a purchase. By this tiem, Mario 64, Pilot Wings, Killer Instinct Gold, Blast Corps, Bomberman 64, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, + a lot of original sports titles and multiplats like Mortal Kombat etc. came out well within this same time frame.

People always ragged on the N64 for having an insanely slow start but honestly this is way worse. That n64 line up kills the wiiu offerings, especially considering that almost nothing the wiiu has come up with felt like it was designed with the WiiU specifically in mind, or showed you what the WiiU can do other than maybe Nintendoland. Its insanely frustrating.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#17 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
i was one those people who bought a 3ds xl lol!
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 VendettaRed07

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

ActicEdge

You're making a lot of blatant assumptions here. I don't get how a sequel to DKCR which is a game that was released to critical acclaim, sold like 6 million copies and was a fan favourite platformer for the generation is now not a real DK game and is low budget. They even got back David Wise who composed the original DKC trilogy which for the record was 3 games in a single 5 year long generation. I also don't get how 3D World is a low budget game. A) its not 2D and B) if you watch the Nintendo developer directs you can tell that they've wanted to make this type of game for some time. Even then I don't get this idea of "real" mario. The hell does that mean? Do you mean "game I would have prefered"?

Also, have you ever thought that platinum doesn't want to be bought? I think you have a wildly optimistic idea of what third parties are willing to do. They don't give a shit about the WiiU because not only is it basically a generation behind in power, its also selling like shit. It makes 0 sense for Nintendo to go out and try and release "ambitious" unproven tripe in the hope that someone will be like "oooooh, nintendo is doing an experiment, maybe we should start on one that won't be out for at least 2 years and the gaming landscape is again different!!1!!!" That's just stupid tbh, releasing games is just as much about oppurtunity and appeal as it is about quality. Nintendo can be accused as being lazy in a lot of ways but I doubt when their games get into the hands of players that will be the case unless all you judge a game on is visuals.

3D land is the bare minimum of what we could have possibly expected when Nintendo said "3D Mario". The pitch of the game is that its multiplayer based, but surprise surprise, no online multiplayer. Its just them being lazy again. Ok maybe lowbudget its harsh but its certainly overly safe they are clearly lacking ambition. Same with the new Dk.

Im not saying these are going to be bad games, but this was not the time to release these. They should have focused on what they could make to showcase their new system, take their characters into new directions that was not possible on the original Wii... So far wiiu is seriously lacking in anything that makes games feel like this is a new generation. Its frustrating. Sure 3D land will be good, but what are the odds that itll be better than the Galaxy games or better than what a fully explorable 3D mario game could have been? Highly unlikely. A new DK would be good, but will it be better than what Metriod Prime 4 could be? The ceiling for these types of games is not as high as what taking other series to a new level would have been.

Yeah, the wiiu isn't doing well, so giving people what you've already gave them MULTIPLE times in the last 5 years isn't going to improve the situation. We JUST got DK, on the Wii and again on the 3DS, do something new first!..

3D land isn't going to sell people a wiiu who haven't bought one already. Same goes for the new DK. That isn't a system seller type title. They need to get ambitous, or else who's gonna buy this thing?.. DO something new and interesting. Im not judging on visuals Im going by what has been explored before and what has not been. They have done 3D land, they have done DK, and several other types of games they plan on releasing soon as well over and over. They aren't taking these series to a new level which new hardware allows you to do. Nintendo has taken advantage of hardware to make new gameplay types that were not possible on the system that came before it except now. I mean they have online finally, and they aren't even using it.

X looks amazing, and much better than anything else on the system. Smash Bros. looks awesome as usual. But other than that everything looks disappointly typical.

You say Im making assumptions, well its dumb to assume that Nintendo experimenting with their franchises, or taking them in a new direction, is somehow a bad idea. Ocarina of Time, Metroid Prime, Super Mario 64, etc. I could go on, all took their established franchises and took them into completely new directions with the new techology available with them. Thats what they need to do. This rinse and repeat formula is getting old.. Nintendo got to where they are by experimenting with new ideas not playing it safe

And as far as platinum, fine if they don't want to be bought then w/e but its incredibly obvious that they need help and they need more studios because these delays are insane, and they just need more software because as it stands Nintendo doesn't look like they have enough in them to adequately support an HD console and a 3D handheld.

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts
If the Wii U was lowered to $250 (deluxe),I would buy one as soon as I could. They have proven they do not need 3rd party support and I can care less, because I will have a PC and PS4.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

3D land is the bare minimum of what we could have possibly expected when Nintendo said "3D Mario". The pitch of the game is that its multiplayer based, but surprise surprise, no online multiplayer. Its just them being lazy again. Ok maybe lowbudget its harsh but its certainly overly safe they are clearly lacking ambition. Same with the new Dk.

Im not saying these are going to be bad games, but this was not the time to release these. They should have focused on what they could make to showcase their new system, take their characters into new directions that was not possible on the original Wii... So far wiiu is seriously lacking in anything that makes games feel like this is a new generation. Its frustrating. Sure 3D land will be good, but what are the odds that itll be better than the Galaxy games or better than what a fully explorable 3D mario game could have been? Highly unlikely. A new DK would be good, but will it be better than what Metriod Prime 4 could be? The ceiling for these types of games is not as high as what taking other series to a new level would have been.

Yeah, the wiiu isn't doing well, so giving people what you've already gave them MULTIPLE times in the last 5 years isn't going to improve the situation. We JUST got DK, on the Wii and again on the 3DS, do something new first!..

3D land isn't going to sell people a wiiu who haven't bought one already. Same goes for the new DK. That isn't a system seller type title. They need to get ambitous, or else who's gonna buy this thing?.. DO something new and interesting. Im not judging on visuals Im going by what has been explored before and what has not been. They have done 3D land, they have done DK, and several other types of games they plan on releasing soon as well over and over. They aren't taking these series to a new level which new hardware allows you to do. Nintendo has taken advantage of hardware to make new gameplay types that were not possible on the system that came before it except now. I mean they have online finally, and they aren't even using it.

X looks amazing, and much better than anything else on the system. Smash Bros. looks awesome as usual. But other than that everything looks disappointly typical.

And as far as platinum, fine if they don't want to be bought then w/e but its incredibly obvious that they need help and they need more studios because these delays are insane, and they just need more software because as it stands Nintendo doesn't look like they have enough in them to adiquately support the an HD console and a 3D handheld.

VendettaRed07

You say its the bare minimum but really its just you being disappointed which is fine but you can't just make sweeping statements because of it. I was too disappointed initially until I grasped that we have 4 games in the 64/Galaxy style. 3D World will be more fresh in terms of mechanics and feel than another Galaxy styled game since it will only be the second game following that formula. Lack of online? I have just come to accept that these multiplayer platformers are going to be local mp experiences for the most part because the devs simply find that its a better experience that way or online is a focus. Rayman Origins and Legends have the same thing. I dunno, at this point I don't really think its about being lazy, its just a convention.

Even then, I can accept people thinking 3D World isn't ambitious because at the end of the day its going to be good, score well and sell millions but I find it so much stranger that people think Retro is being lazy with DKC:TF. They seem to have amped up everything to new levels and they went and got David Wise from the OG DKC fame to compose. It seems to me like they are in it to craft one of the best platformers ever. And if you read their interviews and the developer directs, it seems like they have plenty of ambition and I think that'll show when the game comes out, not by baselessly judging the visuals because that's all you really have in the argument.

Would I have wanted MP4? Yeah it would have been awesome but is a new DKC some how not going to be able to go and do some crazy things to blow our minds? There is no proof of that so I dunno where you are acting like there is. I also find this idea of being better than Galaxy funny. Pretty much nothing is going to come out in the next forever that is going to outstrip Galaxy in acclaim and sales and fan love. Those games are once in a generation thing. I dunno how any actually thinks its fair to hold any game to that standard, that 97% metacritic multiple GOTY, 11.5 million sales standard. Really?

Seems to me Nintendo plans to launch established franchises first and then work out, that's a valid approach. The people that would have bought a WiiU for some crazy new mario game may not for 3D World but other buyers will fill their spot. Unless you are arguing for Ninty to make new IPs I don't get the point you have. DK has way more of an oppurtunity to grow an install base the Metroid Prime given that it sold more than all prime games combined. I would like to see more Ninty IP revivals or new ones though but just wanting "your" mario or MP4 is frankly just unrealistic and not what the system needs to succeed.

I also agree they should acquire more studios but its not easy to just buy them, give them a beloved IP and have them make it following Nintendo's design phiosophy. They also flat out have to make sure they release marketable, high quality games. It needs to be done but its not just about buying studios and throwing money at them.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

The handhelds have always had healthy 3rd party support.

The Wii is a one off.  It sold like gangbusters on the unique appeal Wii Sports had with people not normally attracted to console gaming, and isn't likely to be replicated soon.  Hell, the WiiU should show you that.

Sure, Nintendo has a nice stack of cash on hand (~11 billion USD according to Forbes) but that goes quickly when trying to buy traded companies.  You mentioned Sega, their current market cap is about $6.5 billion, and a takeover would require a hefty premium, so you're looking at more like $8 billion or more to complete.  That leaves you with (relatively speaking) tight operating cash flow to fund software and future hardware development.  And you've only got Sega.  Does that fundamentally change the attractiveness of Nintendo platforms?  To most gamers I don't think it really moves the bar.  

It'd be better to take a loss for now on the console to aggressively price it and get the install base needed to make 3rd parties take notice.  You could get more games from more developers across more genres... and cost Billions less.  

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

If the Wii U was lowered to $250 (deluxe),I would buy one as soon as I could. They have proven they do not need 3rd party support and I can care less, because I will have a PC and PS4.redskins26rocs

Precisely.  The WiiU will sell for the right price, but the gaming public has decided it isn't there yet.  This only gets harder once the competition release their new (and considerably more powerful and capable) machines.  $249 should've been announced at E3, and the entire company should be focused on getting it to $199 ASAP.  They wait too long and it's not gonna matter, because even with a huge spike in install base, the 3rd parties will need time to bring out quality titles for it.  

Juice_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Juice_24

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

VendettaRed07

You say Im making assumptions, well its dumb to assume that Nintendo experimenting with their franchises, or taking them in a new direction, is somehow a bad idea. Ocarina of Time, Metroid Prime, Super Mario 64, etc. I could go on, all took their established franchises and took them into completely new directions with the new techology available with them. Thats what they need to do. This rinse and repeat formula is getting old.. Nintendo got to where they are by experimenting with new ideas not playing it safe

And as far as platinum, fine if they don't want to be bought then w/e but its incredibly obvious that they need help and they need more studios because these delays are insane, and they just need more software because as it stands Nintendo doesn't look like they have enough in them to adequately support an HD console and a 3D handheld.

LOL becasue Microsoft, SONY,activition and EA, are the cornerstones of game innovation. How many dreary earth toned shooters did we see at E3?! and you want to complain about nintendo rehashing things? The bottom line to me is that lokig forward beyond the wiiU Nintendo needs enough studios, and enough development managment to get

A. Games out in a timely manner

B. A Diversity of games. NSMBU, SM3d, Donkey kong, rayman,+ are just way to many platformers in too short of a time. The system needs an exclusive shooter, a epic RPG, an action title.

C. Games that are quality. No more metroid other M or namco screwing up starfox.

Juice_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Juice_24

pathetic

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts
3rd parties dont care about the Nintendo install base.Juice_24
more like Nintendo's install base doesn't care for third parties, probably why many publishers don't bother, and it probably doesn't help that the console is currently selling worse than the Vita
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

[QUOTE="Juice_24"]3rd parties dont care about the Nintendo install base.lamprey263
more like Nintendo's install base doesn't care for third parties, probably why many publishers don't bother, and it probably doesn't help that the console is currently selling worse than the Vita

It doesn't help that the Install Base may actually own the other hardware which the other Multiplats have far more benifits than the WiiU counter parts (Youtube streaming, Lobbies, DLC, etc.)

The_Power_of_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 The_Power_of_X
Member since 2013 • 563 Posts

Oh god no. Nintendo owning third parties would be disastrous. Nintendo has shown that they are not capable of keeping up with the demands of the modern gaming market. They will just stiffle the third parties they buy out and in turn stiffle the rest of the industry. 

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#28 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Gamers don't buy a Nintendo platform to buy games that they can play elsewhere (with their friends or running smoother or in a more complete package of features). That's a good reason why most 3rd party support doesn't sell on a Nintendo console.

Basically while 3rd party is getting used to releasing on all platforms (making all those platforms redundant), they are becoming incapable of releasing a title exclusively.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#29 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Oh god no. Nintendo owning third parties would be disastrous. Nintendo has shown that they are not capable of keeping up with the demands of the modern gaming market. They will just stiffle the third parties they buy out and in turn stiffle the rest of the industry. 

The_Power_of_X

Yeah they really need more cinematic experiences where you press forward, quicktime events, obligatory slow-paced auto-saves, escort missions, DLC, forced mutliplayer, online passes, modern warfare themes, turret sequences, selfserious paperthin hollywood plots, cliffhanger endings, real money systems, pre-order exclusives, guns and day one patches.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

The_Power_of_X

Nintendo obtain Third Parties would ruin them huh?

Tell me how exactly were Xenoblade and The Last Story in any shape or form terrible?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#31 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

The DS had LOTS of 3rd party support. wtf are you talkin about? The WiiU is selling like cr4p and has no proper install base. Thats why 3rd party dont care about it. Dont think its a personal vendetta against Nintendo

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
DS and 3DS get great third party support :?
PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The_Power_of_X
How many studios has Nintendo closed over the last 10 years? How many has Microsoft closed?