Nintendo reaffirms Star Fox, Zelda Wii U coming 2015

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@princeofshapeir said:

"b-but the wii u has no games"

That was earliler in the year. It's starting to get the games I want to play now. If I find a nice bundle this holiday, I'm grabbing me one.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@blackace said:
@princeofshapeir said:

"b-but the wii u has no games"

That was earliler in the year. It's starting to get the games I want to play now. If I find a nice bundle this holiday, I'm grabbing me one.

**********************************************************************************

@charizard1605 said:

That's a pretty sweet lineup, I gotta admit.

For me, that lineup was the reason they won the E3, with the XB1 a close 2nd.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

Sick lineup...

.... but I fail to see a Metroid anywhere on there.... wth

EDIT: Nintendo is the exclusive King

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#54 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@enzyme36 said:

Sick lineup...

Metroid hasn't been officially revealed yet.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Does anyone even care about Giant Robot? lol Looks like a 5$ game at most.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@Sollet said:

@foxhound_fox said:

And nobody will care because quality first party doesn't seem to sell a console or make it the winner.

A shame really.

I was thinking the same.

Sure it's good to have a strong first party lineup but when the third party support is abysmal it doesn't really matter.

Uhhhh, except that Mario Kart 8 increased console sales by more than 400%.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/gs-news-update-mario-kart-8-increases-wii-u-sales-/2300-6419079/

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/06/mario-kart-8-has-increased-wii-u-sales-by-400/

Super Smash Brothers may do even better.

But in the end it still didn't change anything.

Face it Nintendo screwed up this time around as they were hoping to live of the Wii hype.
Better luck next gen (this doesn't mean that the games that will be released for the Wii U will suck or anything).

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#57 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

lol change the title to "wiiu takes shit on PS4..zeldaU and starfox reaffirmed"

This, but on the other hand we don't want to be as low as cows making threads.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@enzyme36 said:

Sick lineup...

Wait.... so does that mean it is in the works??

I was starting to think that they have given up on the franchise after the 25yr anniversary came and went without so much as a peep from Nin. My comment was more sarcastic, as in Im still waiting...

But if it is in the works... that is really the only glimmer of hope I need to latch onto.

big_mak523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By big_mak523
Member since 2011 • 210 Posts

@speak_low said:

Nintendo reaffirms they're going to get their ass kicked big time in 2015 with that spare lineup (the third party ghost town is pathetic as hell). And SSBU and Zelda U will not be the system movers that MK8 was, and even MK8 wasn't the vital system mover that Sheep hoped for. PS4 and X1 have nothing to worry about in terms of losing sales to the Wii U. I'm not seeing anything on that list that will make the Wii U topple either of them next year.

And notice how Nintendo couldn't even list Watch Dogs U or Advanced Warfare. They don't know what the hell is going on because they have no stable relationships with anyone outside of 2nd party studios.

Any time you post something like this, keep in mind that people who aren't in love with Zelda, SSBU and X are laughing their asses off. Not everyone thinks Zelda and SSBU are that big a deal anymore. They weren't even enough to help the GCN.

And where was that user who said Star Fox U would sell 20 million consoles alone due to the nostalgic factor? PS4 is going to sail past 20+ million consoles next year with ease. Wii U won't even hit 15 million in its total lifetime.

Now some are thinking, "Damn Speak Low, this is just a list for games. It's not about sales." Well, why post this here in SW? You're posting it to show off something to Lems/Herms/Cows, and they can comment on it. And this future picture of Nintendo's entire 2015 lineup up against the strengthening competition is bleak. Remember all of those Delaystation 4 jokes and how all the bigger AAA games will come out in 2015? Well, prepare for that ass kicking and for those comments to come back and bite you. Chomp chomp!

Dude... Nobody cares lol. Honestly. You type so much, but say the same things each time. Nintendo has the best first party output lol.. Get over it. Considering today it's September of 2014, and knowing how Nintendo keeps games under wraps, I'm sure they will have even more first party titles out in 2015. But seriously dude, you always bring up the sales of the console lol. Like we all know it's not gonna outsell the PS4. What possesses you to keep saying it over and over?

Also, you mention 15 million lifetime, and that just seems extremely unlikely.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#62 PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

@speak_low said:

Nintendo reaffirms they're going to get their ass kicked big time in 2015 with that spare lineup (the third party ghost town is pathetic as hell). And SSBU and Zelda U will not be the system movers that MK8 was, and even MK8 wasn't the vital system mover that Sheep hoped for. PS4 and X1 have nothing to worry about in terms of losing sales to the Wii U. I'm not seeing anything on that list that will make the Wii U topple either of them next year.

And notice how Nintendo couldn't even list Watch Dogs U or Advanced Warfare. They don't know what the hell is going on because they have no stable relationships with anyone outside of 2nd party studios.

Any time you post something like this, keep in mind that people who aren't in love with Zelda, SSBU and X are laughing their asses off. Not everyone thinks Zelda and SSBU are that big a deal anymore. They weren't even enough to help the GCN.

And where was that user who said Star Fox U would sell 20 million consoles alone due to the nostalgic factor? PS4 is going to sail past 20+ million consoles next year with ease. Wii U won't even hit 15 million in its total lifetime.

Now some are thinking, "Damn Speak Low, this is just a list for games. It's not about sales." Well, why post this here in SW? You're posting it to show off something to Lems/Herms/Cows, and they can comment on it. And this future picture of Nintendo's entire 2015 lineup up against the strengthening competition is bleak. Remember all of those Delaystation 4 jokes and how all the bigger AAA games will come out in 2015? Well, prepare for that ass kicking and for those comments to come back and bite you. Chomp chomp!

Don't you think your underestimating the Wii U a bit? The Wii U has games, and people are realizing that the whole "weak hardware" thing doesn't matter when the games are good. Lack of 3rd party support is the only thing left (besides some online services) that's legitimately wrong with it. But you know what? You can fix that by owning another console to go alongside the Wii U. (Or vice versa)

When you release a game; some people are going to care, and some people are not. That can be expected. What Nintendo has here, (assuming most of these games don't get delayed), is a steady flow of game releases. Futhermore, they're 1st party exclusive releases. Not everybody is going to be interested in EVERY game on that list, but if the list indeed true, then the Wii U could have big 1st party games coming out almost every month. Now it may be true that Wii U won't be getting some of 2015's biggest games, but that problem can be fixed by doing what I said above.

Another thing is, if your a consumer that's looking to buy a console, you don't have to pay over $400 on a PS4 ior Xbox One just to play those 3rd party games. Most of the games coming out will be available on PS3 and Xbox 360, which are much cheaper and have free online usage. Most of those "Remasters" are ALREADY available on PS3 and Xbox 360..For cheaper even.

Whoever said that "Star Fox U would sell 20 million consoles alone" is just crazy.

At the end of the day, if this list is indeed true, Nintendo has a good amount of content coming out for Wii U to hold them until E3 2015, where they could anounce even more games. If you don't like what's coming out then that's just your problem. The content is there and ONLY there.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Maybe 2 games to by in 2015? I wont know what to do with the console.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

Why are people acting like more games won't be announced at E3 next year? We didn't know about Captain Toad, Yoshi, and Kirby until E3 this year.

And honestly if you own a PC the best secondary console is the Wii U. It has the best exclusive lineup of all the consoles. And from what's been announced by Sony and MS that won't be changing anytime soon.

People consistently ask, "What if you don't care about Nintendo games". Well what if you don't care about cinematic 3rd person adventure games and FPS's? It clearly goes both ways.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

Why are people acting like more games won't be announced at E3 next year? We didn't know about Captain Toad, Yoshi, and Kirby until E3 this year.

And honestly if you own a PC the best secondary console is the Wii U. It has the best exclusive lineup of all the consoles. And from what's been announced by Sony and MS that won't be changing anytime soon.

People consistently ask, "What if you don't care about Nintendo games". Well what if you don't care about cinematic 3rd person adventure games and FPS's? It clearly goes both ways.

Couldn't agree more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#66 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@enzyme36 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@enzyme36 said:

Sick lineup...

Wait.... so does that mean it is in the works??

I was starting to think that they have given up on the franchise after the 25yr anniversary came and went without so much as a peep from Nin. My comment was more sarcastic, as in Im still waiting...

But if it is in the works... that is really the only glimmer of hope I need to latch onto.

It's in the works, they confirmed that two new Metroid games- one 2D/sidescrolling, one 3D/First person- are in the works (presumably the former for 3DS, the latter for Wii U). So yeah, don't worry, we'll be hearing more from the franchise soon :)

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

If they toss in a new Metroid to top it off, then I'd buy one for sure. First party can sell consoles alone but of course you have to have enough titles. They probably need to keep coming out with new Mario's..etc once a year like Ubi does with Assassins creed and Farcry. Having one or two top tier titles per platform just doesn't really cut it too well.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#68  Edited By sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Just watch this to get hyped for Starfox.

Starfox Intro HD Remake!

Starfox Intro HD Remake with Voices

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18255 Posts

@speak_low said:

@big_mak523 said:

Dude... Nobody cares lol. Honestly. You type so much, but say the same things each time. Nintendo has the best first party output lol.. Get over it. Considering today it's September of 2014, and knowing how Nintendo keeps games under wraps, I'm sure they will have even more first party titles out in 2015. But seriously dude, you always bring up the sales of the console lol. Like we all know it's not gonna outsell the PS4. What possesses you to keep saying it over and over?

Also, you mention 15 million lifetime, and that just seems extremely unlikely.

When these lists are posted, what is the TC trying to say? Come in here, Nintendo fans only, and let's celebrate? If that's what TC wanted, then post it on the Nintendo boards.

When these lists are put up on SW, TC is probably trying to create more discussion other than "Cool! I <3 Nintendo!" and "Can't wait - I'm excited for 2015!" TC and others seem to be trying to show how Nintendo has a certain competitive leverage next year, and that Sony/MS need to watch out, or that they can't even compete in games. If you really believe that, fine, but consider the possibility that many don't agree or even think it's a close contest (hence the laughter). How else do we measure whether an upcoming 2014/2015 lineup is successful or not? By how much subjective fun you, and you, and you over there - random Nintendo gamers - have in your living room? There has never been anything wrong with bringing up sales or critic reviews to help give us a more objective measure of success in the industry, and to show us how well a console is doing. But some Nintendo owners hate it when the sales are bad and don't help them in arguments (and yet they couldn't stop posting sales talk during the Wii years, and even now with the Media Create sales in Japan).

And it's more than being about 2015 sales. I really think Nintendo is in trouble these upcoming years (as in: could be out of the hardware business). You can disagree, think I'm absurd and think everything is fine with Nintendo, but don't cry to me when Nintendo announces their decision to become third-party one day, or that the next Nintendo successor is having trouble again finding popularity with consumers again. All future and current problems are strongly related to Nintendo's history. Many just want to ignore them when it's bad and pretend it's irrelevant. Nintendo likely bombing big time in 2015 because of the competition will hurt the company tremendously (as in: not something they can shake off; permanently crippled). The Wii U's failure in sales will leave a long shadow hovering over the arrival of the Wii U successor. All of this is related - you just don't like to admit it.

@pikachudude860 said:

Don't you think your underestimating the Wii U a bit? The Wii U has games, and people are realizing that the whole "weak hardware" thing doesn't matter when the games are good. Lack of 3rd party support is the only thing left (besides some online services) that's legitimately wrong with it. But you know what? You can fix that by owning another console to go alongside the Wii U. (Or vice versa)

When you release a game; some people are going to care, and some people are not. That can be expected. What Nintendo has here, (assuming most of these games don't get delayed), is a steady flow of game releases. Futhermore, they're 1st party exclusive releases. Not everybody is going to be interested in EVERY game on that list, but if the list indeed true, then the Wii U could have big 1st party games coming out almost every month. Now it may be true that Wii U won't be getting some of 2015's biggest games, but that problem can be fixed by doing what I said above.

Another thing is, if your a consumer that's looking to buy a console, you don't have to pay over $400 on a PS4 ior Xbox One just to play those 3rd party games. Most of the games coming out will be available on PS3 and Xbox 360, which are much cheaper and have free online usage. Most of those "Remasters" are ALREADY available on PS3 and Xbox 360..For cheaper even.

Whoever said that "Star Fox U would sell 20 million consoles alone" is just crazy.

At the end of the day, if this list is indeed true, Nintendo has a good amount of content coming out for Wii U to hold them until E3 2015, where they could anounce even more games. If you don't like what's coming out then that's just your problem. The content is there and ONLY there.

On a list it sort of looks like a well thought out plan (space out the major titles and have smaller supporting games), but it's just not enough games compared to the competition next year. Nintendo owners said the same thing last year and this summer with MK8 (and also said more games would be announced at E3 - which they were, but the E3 announcements didn't boost sales enough and we have learned that Wii U third-party is now officially, completely dead).

Nintendo fans argued that these major Holiday/Summer tentpole games (SMW3D and MK8) would increase Wii U sales dramatically, and the smaller entries like DKC:TF, Lego games, indie games and other titles like Wonderful 101/Pikmin 3 would bring up support and fill things out (like I said, sounds nice, but the results were weak).

Wii U has been out the longest and I keep hearing these incredible predictions about an elevated rise in Wii U sales - the comeback, the turnaround! So with all of these new Wii U games that keep accumulating, these E3 announcements (Nintendo has had FOUR E3s already to sell the Wii U to the masses) and the Wii U still can't even outsell the PS4, X1 and, for many months this year, the Xbox 360!

I have no more hope left that their future games will change anything. Nintendo Wii U has burned through more than enough second and even third chances, and having been out for what's going to be two years, it can't even outsell the PS4 during it's "weak launch library" so how in the world can the Wii U do well in monthly NPD sales in 2015, when the PS4 has even more popular AAA games coming in? A lot of Wii U's problems aren't just because of Nintendo's decision, but because of what the competition has and how the consumers are choosing to spend their money. If consumers couldn't stand Nintendo droughts and aren't going crazy over some of Nintendo's IPs, then I don't see 2015 being much different than 2013/2014.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@speak_low: you sure do waste alot of braincells on these walls of text when they're made up of the same regurgitated arguments you like to point out in every nintendo thread

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Nintendo is irrelevant in the console market and handhelds are giving way to cell phones. It's not if Nintendo is going 3rd party but when IMO. I am actually surprised Nintendo has lasted this long.

SeriousGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By SeriousGaming
Member since 2014 • 91 Posts

If Zelda doesn't get delayed and pushed to 2016, I'm going to be disappointed.