Nintendo Power's newest reviews

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I've had my eyes on THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU. I'm tempted to get my own DS LITE (its primarily my wifes) just to play this game without worrying about hogging my wifes DS Lite haha.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]Who reviewed it because if it was the new guy he probably gave it a low score since every game he reviewed he gave them a 9.0 or higher (He actually gave out 2 10s and before he showed up Nintendo Power only gave one game a 10 which was RE4) and e probably figured he needed to give a game a bad score. If it wasn' the new guy Chris Slate I wouldn't know why he gave it that score.JLF1

If so he is a very bad reviewer.

I just got my Issue and Chris Hoffman reviewed it, I forget what other games he reviewed but I think Chris Hoffman might be the harsh reviewer out of the team.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts
[QUOTE="JLF1"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]Who reviewed it because if it was the new guy he probably gave it a low score since every game he reviewed he gave them a 9.0 or higher (He actually gave out 2 10s and before he showed up Nintendo Power only gave one game a 10 which was RE4) and e probably figured he needed to give a game a bad score. If it wasn' the new guy Chris Slate I wouldn't know why he gave it that score.Nintendo_Ownes7

I just got my Issue and Chris Hoffman reviewed it, I forget what other games he reviewed but I think Chris Hoffman might be the harsh reviewer out of the team.

Well if he has been harsh on a lot of other games I could possibly agree on this review but if it was like you said before that he gave this game a low score to balance his high scoring reviews then I think he is useless.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="JLF1"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]Who reviewed it because if it was the new guy he probably gave it a low score since every game he reviewed he gave them a 9.0 or higher (He actually gave out 2 10s and before he showed up Nintendo Power only gave one game a 10 which was RE4) and e probably figured he needed to give a game a bad score. If it wasn' the new guy Chris Slate I wouldn't know why he gave it that score.JLF1

Well if he has been harsh on a lot of other games I could possibly agree on this review but if it was like you said before that he gave this game a low score to balance his high scoring reviews then I think he is useless.

I'm a fan of nintendo games...and even I know that NP's reviews are only good for toilet paper.

Only redeeming quality of the magazine is that they usually get new information on up-coming games fast.

laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

resume of the Okami review:

-Beautiful aesthetics
-Lots to do
-Controls didn't make the jump as well as they should have
-Pointing and drawing is faster and allows more freedom than analog stick
-Harder to be precise, resulting in recognition problems
-Awkward combat - slow, timed flicks of remote are required for consecutive hits; swing too fast and it's not recognized
-No motion-based fishing
-Issues can be overcome with practice
-Play PS2 version instead (wonder if that trully was in the reivew or someone just added this while posting the info)

So anyone who complain and cry waaa waa the reviewer is a *****, he probably didn't want to give it a better score because of Zelda bla bla bla. How about you play the game before criticizing anyone. And for your information, EGM pretty much complained about the same things, the difference is that for some reason they didn't dock it points for it.

rifton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 rifton
Member since 2005 • 1716 Posts
Never heard of "The World Ends With You" but i want to check it out a 9.0 is very nice Good score for Mario Kart and WTF:o a 7.5 for Okamimurat8
You haven't heard of it? It's the DS game to get for the first half of this year.
r_gam3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 r_gam3
Member since 2008 • 1185 Posts
after they gave RS such a high score i don't trust them. now they give okami 7.5 that is reinforecment that they fail.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#58 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

Rondo of Swords (DS) - 6.5

HarlockJC
:( I was kind of interested in that....
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 JLF1

-Beautiful aesthetics
-Lots to do
-Awkward combat - slow, timed flicks of remote are required for consecutive hits; swing too fast and it's not recognized
-No motion-based fishing
-Play PS2 version instead (wonder if that trully was in the reivew or someone just added this while posting the info)

So anyone who complain and cry waaa waa the reviewer is a *****, he probably didn't want to give it a better score because of Zelda bla bla bla. How about you play the game before criticizing anyone. And for your information, EGM pretty much complained about the same things, the difference is that for some reason they didn't dock it points for it.

laus_basic
They docked points because you couldn't use motion control when you were fishing:?
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#60 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26114 Posts
[QUOTE="laus_basic"]

-Beautiful aesthetics
-Lots to do
-No motion-based fishing

JLF1

They docked points because you couldn't use motion control when you were fishing:?

Nintendo Power has gone mad.

-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts

If so he is a very bad reviewer.JLF1

He'd have to be pretty bad, considering how awful Nintendo Power reviews generally are.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#62 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26114 Posts

[QUOTE="JLF1"]
If so he is a very bad reviewer.-The-G-Man-

He'd have to be pretty bad, considering how awful Nintendo Power reviews generally are.

I don't know about the post-Future US selling, but before, I thought their reviews were great, of not kind of short.

cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

We are on gamespot so okami>zeldaTPkaangonultas

So that also means Wario Ware Smooth Moves is better than Zelda TP.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts
seriously am i the only one who thinks they overrated okami?
blahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 blahzor
Member since 2005 • 2287 Posts

We are on gamespot so okami>zeldaTPkaangonultas

comparing two games via score alone is ridiculous. The score is not meant to prove one game is better then the next.

Zelda Wii got a lower score then Zelda GC, yet Zelda wii is listed as the superior version by gamespot.

Dead Rising got a lower score then okami and zelda(i belive it was an 8.4), yet didn't it win over those two games in the genre awards?

Zelda TP recieves too much hate around here.. it was brilliant, and the best zelda.

glitchgeeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#66 glitchgeeman
Member since 2005 • 5638 Posts

if okami sucks so much why did Zelda TP copy the wolf? and why did Okami get a higher score?the_h_bomb

Okay, now you're getting petty. Use any argument you want against Twilight Princess, but do NOT use that. That's almost as bad as the Halo fanboys who though Metroid Prime was a ripoff of Halo because Samus Aran wore armor and didn't show her face.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Why do nintendo power reviews get so much attention? Magazines usually have the worst reviews imo.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#68 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
Shame for Okami, but I glad The World Ends With You got another great score.:D
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
What's up with Okami? :|
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Why do nintendo power reviews get so much attention? Magazines usually have the worst reviews imo.II-FBIsniper-II
I mean hell...they game sonic riders and shadow the hedehog 8's and Nights for the wii a 9

something ain't right with their reviews

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
[QUOTE="-The-G-Man-"]

[QUOTE="JLF1"]
If so he is a very bad reviewer.Willy105

I don't know about the post-Future US selling, but before, I thought their reviews were great, of not kind of short.

Yeah Post Future I haven't payed much attention to Nintendo Powers reviews since they gave alot of High scores (they already gave out Two 10's in 4 months that never happened to Nintendo Power before Future US because before Future Nintendo Power only gave out One 10 in recent history and it was Resident Evil 4) They also are all over the place when it comes to reviews alot of games get overrated, and a few get underrated.
the_h_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 the_h_bomb
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts

Okay, now you're getting petty. Use any argument you want against Twilight Princess, but do NOT use that. That's almost as bad as the Halo fanboys who though Metroid Prime was a ripoff of Halo because Samus Aran wore armor and didn't show her face.

glitchgeeman

That's imposible. The Metroid series is far older than Halo as are the character designs

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#73 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

Rondo of Swords (DS) - 6.5

nintendofreak_2

:( I was kind of interested in that....

Never heard of it

the_h_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 the_h_bomb

Never heard of it

HarlockJC

It's being made by sucess so i don't blame you. It tried to add some real time elements to SRPGs though which is notable, and atlus are publishing it which is always a good thing.

Seems like it lacks polish though

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 HarlockJC
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

Never heard of it

the_h_bomb

It's being made by sucess so i don't blame you. It tried to add some real time elements to SRPGs though which is notable, and atlus are publishing it which is always a good thing.

Seems like it lacks polish though

Maybe people on here seem to disagree with Okami score, then maybe NP will be wrong on this one and it will get higher score on other sites. Who knows

I don't have the funds to pick it up and Mario Kart next month anyways

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

2 year old PS2 game with apparently wonky controls. 7.5 sounds kinda right...

Good score for Mario Kart.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 JLF1
Wait Wait Wait, are people really taking this biased magazine serious?
the_h_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 the_h_bomb

Maybe people on here seem to disagree with Okami score, then maybe NP will be wrong on this one and it will get higher score on other sites. Who knows

HarlockJC

A few sites are saying they broke the controls on the wii version of Okami, which is pretty hilarious given that the whole reason for the Wii version was improving the controls

kaangonultas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 kaangonultas
Member since 2008 • 1647 Posts
okami is an absolute masterpiece. İ think thay gave the wii version such a low score because ıt is competıng with zelda. Okami should be on every single wii owners list
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 HarlockJC
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

the_h_bomb

A few sites are saying they broke the controls on the wii version of Okami, which is pretty hilarious given that the whole reason for the Wii version was improving the controls

Capcom made it the whole reason for the game was to make money...Nothing else

the_h_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 the_h_bomb

HarlockJC

Yeah but theyw ere going on about how "it's like a whole new game on the Wii". The only reason "it's like a whole new game "is they broke the controls

crapcom strikes again

kaangonultas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 kaangonultas
Member since 2008 • 1647 Posts
[QUOTE="the_h_bomb"][QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

HarlockJC

Every publisher 's intention is to make money.
samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#83 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts
[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"]

For all the people who keep saying you can't believe Nintendo powers reviews because of Bias... I'd just like to point that Nintendo doesn't publish Nintendo Power anymore...

Willy105

I also want to state the fact that Nintendo Power became more biased towards Nintendo after they were sold to Future US.

Back when they were with Nintendo, they were actually fair. Theye even critisized Nintendo games from time to time.

In the UK there is an unofficial nintendo magazine called NGamer, and they are really very fair when it comes to nintendo games. Mario kart wii for instance, they gave it 88% but it was still a pretty negative review, as was there review for brawl (93%)