Nintendo makes a chart comparing 85+ games...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

...or higher on Metacritic on Wii U/3DS in comparison to the other systems

Link here

Something is fishy about this chart. I know it's been said that Wii U currently has better games than the competition, but there's just something about it that seems off.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

What exactly is off? It seems to be accurate, as a quick look at Metacritic will verify.

EDIT: They seem to have combined the Nintendo 'ecosystem' versus all other consoles put together, which seems to be a very obtuse way of doing things, but the result doesn't seem to change regardless.

EDIT 2: Nope, you're right, something is off. Are they counting all games above 85, or just exclusives? If it's the former, the PS4s list of 85+ games is hilariously long (albeit full of last gen ports, but the point stands).

If it's the latter, then why are Rayman and Virtue's Last Reward featured on there?

EDIT 3:

@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605: The only thing that might be off is that they are considering an 85+ meta score AND a user score of 8.5+. Other than that, seems pretty legit. Granted, I've no idea how the user score affects (or not) the list.

There we go.

Eh, I wouldn't use user scores for anything, to be honest. It sounds like empty marketing to me.

The Wii U and 3DS do have a better lineup than their competitors. They could just focus on hard facts instead of resorting to number obfuscation like this.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@charizard1605: The only thing that might be off is that they are considering an 85+ meta score AND a user score of 8.5+. Other than that, seems pretty legit. Granted, I've no idea how the user score affects (or not) the list.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

They're using Bayonetta 1 on that? Eh.

Still, it's probably right that the wii u and 3DS combined have more than others.

Nintendo lacks in 3rd party support, but their exclusives are top notch.

Edit: lol, user scores. Cmon Nintendo

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Desmonic  Moderator

@charizard1605: Ninty learning some new tactics from Sony & MS I see hehe :P Only thing missing was an official " *" somewhere in there XD

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

85+ Meta AND 85+ User

there's your doctor.

Going by just Meta Scoring no Bias User base.

• PS4 - 23 (2 games with 8.5 higher user)
  • Xbox One - 14 (0 games with 8.5 higher user)
  • WiiU - 21 (10 with a 8.5 higher user)
  • 3DS - 20 (11 with a 8.5 higher user)
  • Vita - 21 (10 with a 8.5 higher user)

So combining the data with Nintendo's We got

41 games with WiiU and 3DS and about 58 on Xbox and Playstation. Take out Xbox and we got 44 games for the PS4 and Vita combined.

With the User Score AND Meta the scoring is WiiU + 3DS = 21 games with a Meta and User score of 8.5 or higher and 12 games for PS4, Vita, AND Xbox One combined.

So even with what Nintendo showed off they're still wrong. They don't have 19 games with a Metascore of 8.5 or higher they have a bout 21, but take away the user score count the PS4 is still leading in quality game titles.

Geez Ninty you don't need to Doctor these results.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Yay. I'm getting captain toad, ultimate nes remix, and smash bros wii u for Christmas. Hooray for Nintendo.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts
@LegatoSkyheart said:

85+ Meta AND 85+ User

there's your doctor.

41 games with WiiU and 3DS and about 58 on Xbox and Playstation. Take out Xbox and we got 44 games for the PS4 and Vita combined.

With the User Score AND Meta the scoring is WiiU + 3DS = 21 games with a Meta and User score of 8.5 or higher and 12 games for PS4, Vita, AND Xbox One combined.

So even with what Nintendo showed off they're still wrong. They don't have 19 games with a Metascore of 8.5 or higher they have a bout 21, but take away the user score count the PS4 is still leading in quality game titles.

At first i though it was exclusives, But Rayman Legends is multiplat, so it can't even be that.

Ninty seriously?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
@LegatoSkyheart said:

85+ Meta AND 85+ User

there's your doctor.

That's a shame.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LegatoSkyheart

@deadline-zero0: Yeah and they even mentioned Virtue's Last Reward! Multiplat AND pretty old. You can't even find physical copies in stores anymore (unless you get lucky).

Still I'm wondering why the omitted about 3 games on each list.

EDIT: They didn't mention Shovel Knight so I'm assuming they didn't count Downloadable titles, and I mistakenly counted DLC reviewing (really?) so the score is a bit lower (19 overall for WiiU and 9? with user?) oh well it seems they just didn't count Shovel Knight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#11  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@deadline-zero0: Yeah and they even mentioned Virtue's Last Reward! Multiplat AND pretty old. You can't even find physical copies in stores anymore (unless you get lucky).

Personally, I think we should be glad that niche (and awesome!) games like VLR and Persona Q are getting shout outs :P

(Plus both can be bought on the eShop as well, so eh, that's not exactly something I would use against them).

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LegatoSkyheart

@charizard1605: Well the omitted Ocarina of Time and Shovel Knight for some weird reason so I don't know what Nintendo was doing with this. I guess they just wanted to take a jab at Microsoft and Sony.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Desmonic  Moderator

In conclusion: Nintendo tried and failed miserably at whatever they were trying to do. Time for a new PR time maybe? Worked for Sony! :P

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

No Shovel Knight?

C'mon, Nintendo.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@Desmonic said:

In conclusion: Nintendo tried and failed miserably at whatever they were trying to do. Time for a new PR time maybe? Worked for Sony! :P

SDC remains intact.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LegatoSkyheart

@Heil68 said:

@Desmonic said:

SDC remains intact.

That Sony Domination is blocking us from watching The Interview.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nintendoboy16

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@charizard1605: Well the omitted Ocarina of Time and Shovel Knight for some weird reason so I don't know what Nintendo was doing with this. I guess they just wanted to take a jab at Microsoft and Sony.

They omitted a ton of DL only titles according to PE.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Heil68 said:

@Desmonic said:

SDC remains intact.

Sony are cowards. They put the blame on theaters, when they could easy send the film to Netflix, Hulu Plus, YouTube or any other streaming site for people to watch it. Only 1/2 the theaters didn't want to show it. I have Harkins and AMC in my state. They would have shown the film. Sony could have sent the film to the other 1/2 who would show the film. Sony bailed because the hackers got their executive's personal information and they feared for their lives. Didn't have that much to do with the theaters. Sony will always put the blame on everyone, but themselves.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#20 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

Metacritic is awful

User scores are awful

ps. wiiu is still clearly the best system out there atm in terms of software.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

It's got better exclusives than the other 2, as it should considering those other consoles are are a year old. But, those systems will hit their stride and smoke the WiiU out of the water, the PC already crushes it. The bigger concern here is just how weak ass shit Nintendo's offering is on the 3DS. You would think for the premiere handheld it would have more worthwhile shit.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Geez, now that Nintendo isn't on top anymore, they have gotten super arrogant.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#23 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I'm a fan of showcasing many of the great games all in one image, showcasing Mario and Persona Q together to hopefully get some new fans.

I'm not a fan of the competitive advertising, especially when you have to finagle stats to work out in your favor. Meh... C'est la vie.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

...and here i thought Nintendo always been saying they dont compete with Xbox and Playstation

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

LOL at nintendo. Seriously? Talk about damage control and blatant lies.

Sorry Nintendo, but not everyone likes your games. If no one likes nintendo games, their is literally no reason at all to get a nintendo system. PS4 has the best games overall. #DealWithIt

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nintendoboy16

@JangoWuzHere said:

Oh you mean like any other company if they're competing? Like Sony and their arrogance?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

User scores: a nice of way showing that Nintendo gamers are cool with getting less.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

Oh you mean like any other company if they're competing? Like Sony and their arrogance?

I never said Sony wasn't. Never expected it from Nintendo.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

I never said Sony wasn't. Never expected it from Nintendo.

Are you kidding? Nintendo's one of the most arrogant companies in existence, winning or not. They can often afford to be, but when they're doing poorly it comes off as nothing but pathetic.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

@blackace said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Heil68 said:

@Desmonic said:

SDC remains intact.

Sony are cowards. They put the blame on theaters, when they could easy send the film to Netflix, Hulu Plus, YouTube or any other streaming site for people to watch it. Only 1/2 the theaters didn't want to show it. I have Harkins and AMC in my state. They would have shown the film. Sony could have sent the film to the other 1/2 who would show the film. Sony bailed because the hackers got their executive's personal information and they feared for their lives. Didn't have that much to do with the theaters. Sony will always put the blame on everyone, but themselves.

Agree. Sony are being absolute cowards in this way. Maybe if they spent some money and increased their security so every Joe Blow on the planet couldn't hack them, shit like this wouldn't be happening.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Lol. Liars. Don't think gamers are that easily fooled.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Sad thing about the list is it's near impossible to go buy most these games new and retailers like GameStop and EB Games are likely selling used only by now and Best Buy probably just has a gazillion copies of Lego Hobbit for Wii U they're trying to get rid of but not much else.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@blackace said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Heil68 said:

@Desmonic said:

SDC remains intact.

Still current gen 8 console leader. You could say MS are cowards, for dropping their whole vision of the Xbone, then finally having to drop Kinect(lol) the joke of the industry to keep up with the copious amounts of SDC.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nintendoboy16

@stuff238 said:

LOL at nintendo. Seriously? Talk about damage control and blatant lies.

Sorry Nintendo, but not everyone likes your games. If no one likes nintendo games, their is literally no reason at all to get a nintendo system. PS4 has the best games overall. #DealWithIt

Like not everybody is into what Sony has to offer? Or not like what Activision, EA, and Ubisoft have to offer?