Nintendo Leading Microsoft and Sony Into A TRAP?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts

Step 1: Create Titles That Introduces Players To Gaming!

http://wiiconsumer.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/wiisports1.jpghttp://bluelinepro.com/storecomics2/images/WII%20PLAY.jpghttp://www.wiisworld.com/images/boxpics/wii/big/Wii-Fit-JP.jpg

Step 2: Bridge the Hell Out of the Casuals!

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/droolicious/2009/05/mario-kart-wii-box.jpghttp://image.gamespotcdn.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/0/943270_95924_front.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/db/New_Play_Control.jpg

Step 3: Introduce the Newly Dedicated Fans To Nintendo's History!

http://www.gemaga.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/300px-wii_virtual_console_prepaid_cards.thumbnail.gifhttp://elmundotech.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/i_17631.jpghttp://wii.kombo.com/images/content/news/blake_120108_excite-truck.jpghttp://www.pokezam.com/news/data/upimages/ssbb_boxart_us.jpg

Step 4: Now That They Are Fans, Give 'um Core Material!

http://www.hemmy.net/images/games/smgba.jpghttp://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2007/06/metroid_prime_3_box.jpghttp://www.rpgsite.net/images/boxart/30_us.jpg

New Super Mario Bros. Wii - The PERFECT BRIDGE TITLE...

... To This More Hearty Offering! Super Mario Galaxy 2!

The Sequel We Never Thought We Would Get! Sin & Punishment!!

Who Has Seen Nintendo Do Something This Hardcore?!?

This Leaves An Entire Generation Purely Nintendo Fodder! Are Sony and Microsoft Too Late!?

http://www.dayofthejedi.com/articles/2008/05/images/motivators/b/037.jpg

...this thread is part joke, part serious... yup. :D

jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 jakehouston88
Member since 2009 • 2848 Posts

Sony will pump out hardcore and casual titles. :D

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
Amazing thread as always
Avatar image for desmondsultanas
desmondsultanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 desmondsultanas
Member since 2009 • 326 Posts
Brilliant post, and I agree..... Nintendo is leading them into a trap, they've been leading them into one all generation long. MS and Sony have become desperate enough to release their motion 'perepherals' this late into the generation. Nintendo's R&D has gone up about 20 times higher since they developed the Wii.... they're up to something ;)
tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
The Admiral Ackbar bit at the end was icing on the cake Interesting perspective :P
Justinge3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Justinge3
Member since 2008 • 2506 Posts
nintendo is evil
murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
lol funny post. i dont think their doing it on purpose but it would be funny if it was their plan
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

About your post on Sin & Punishment 2 I thought it was going to be announced last E3 but it wasn't announced until October 2nd.

Also your thread is funny and great as usual.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

Casuals will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Seriously though, Nintendo's R&D numbers have jumped CRAZY... hopefully signs of something really awesome next gen.

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kansasdude2009

About your post on Sin & Punishment 2 I thought it was going to be announced last E3 but it wasn't announced until October 2nd.

Also your thread is funny and great as usual.

Nintendo_Ownes7
you're right, but I threw it in for kicks! ;)
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

You mean ... leading casuals into hardcore gaming with tacked on motion controls to entice them? Yes, they're probably doing that.

desmondsultanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 desmondsultanas
Did you see what Nintendo is doing to Sony in Japan? :lol: Black Wii packaged with Monster Hunter 3..... the same month as Wii Sports Resort........... NSMB for Xmas. Red DS packaged with DQIX in august. Ruthless I tell you.... ruthless. :lol:
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#13 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Nintendo is a genius! :o

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Did you see what Nintendo is doing to Sony in Japan? :lol: Black Wii packaged with Monster Hunter 3..... the same month as Wii Sports Resort........... NSMB for Xmas. Red DS packaged with DQIX in august. Ruthless I tell you.... ruthless. :lol:desmondsultanas
When Dragon Quest X comes out Nintendo are probably going to bundle a new Wii with DQX in Japan then Wii's would fly off the shelves if alot of people don't own a Wii by then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#15 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
This thread was a trap, how do I get out?!
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

Seriously though, Nintendo's R&D numbers have jumped CRAZY... hopefully signs of something really awesome next gen.

TaMuK711
Some people jump ship so quickly. I hadn't posted on System Wars for a while because I was waiting for something like this to make all the haters pause, and maybe even start to realize what's happening.
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kansasdude2009
[QUOTE="desmondsultanas"]Did you see what Nintendo is doing to Sony in Japan? :lol: Black Wii packaged with Monster Hunter 3..... the same month as Wii Sports Resort........... NSMB for Xmas. Red DS packaged with DQIX in august. Ruthless I tell you.... ruthless. :lol:

hey, it's smart! MORE CORE MATERIAL!! Nintendo wants the world I tellz ya!
Keenzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Keenzach
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts
[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

Tylendal
Some people jump ship so quickly. I hadn't posted on System Wars for a while because I was waiting for something like this to make all the haters pause, and maybe even start to realize what's happening.

TaMuK711
I hope so with all this money they are making now we better get something amazing
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kansasdude2009
[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

Tylendal

I needed some proof to back me up, but really... New Super Mario Bros on Wii followed by Super Mario Galaxy 2, 6 months later (if that)? Seriously Nintendo? The sly dogs....
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

lol funny post. i dont think their doing it on purpose but it would be funny if it was their planmurat8

Actually, they are. And they have been incredibly open about it. I guess the best way to hide a strategy is to talk about it all the time. Google "Birdmen and the casual fallacy" and read it, especially the quotes from Nintendo that the author uses.

adman66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 adman66
Member since 2003 • 1744 Posts
Did you see what Nintendo is doing to Sony in Japan? :lol: Black Wii packaged with Monster Hunter 3..... the same month as Wii Sports Resort........... NSMB for Xmas. Red DS packaged with DQIX in august. Ruthless I tell you.... ruthless. :lol:desmondsultanas
well i guess there will be another 5 million wiis and 10 million ds sold on thoses releases
Iamsmee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Iamsmee
Member since 2008 • 470 Posts

Black Wii = PS2

Black controller = PS2 controller

nintendo has sony by the balls, aiming for PS2 owners addicted to MH2, GENIUS!

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kansasdude2009

jakehouston88
The key to a successful gaming take-over are bridge titles! Will Sony have those? Also, we can only have one dominating power at a time! :shock:
desmondsultanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 desmondsultanas
[QUOTE="jakehouston88"]

kansasdude2009
The key to a successful gaming take-over are bridge titles! Will Sony have those? Also, we can only have one dominating power at a time! :shock:

Sony and MS have zero franchises that appeal to a wide range of demographics. Zero. Sony is making strides with titles like LBP, but the manor in which it sold was very front loaded like most hardcore titles and failed to catch on. They simply don't have the compelling franchises that appeal to gamers, non-gamers and casuals and that puts them at an incredible disadvantage. When Nintendo launches next gen with few of their huge casual, core, and bridge franchises the party will be over for the competition before it even started... much like this generation.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tylendal

[QUOTE="murat8"]lol funny post. i dont think their doing it on purpose but it would be funny if it was their planLordQuorthon

Actually, they are. And they have been incredibly open about it. I guess the best way to hide a strategy is to talk about it all the time. Google "Birdmen and the casual fallacy" and read it, especially the quotes from Nintendo that the author uses.

That article, and the many others on the website is why I became frustrated with system wars, and never lost faith in Nintendo. Very few people on the forums really saw what was coming.
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

That article, and the many others on the website is why I became frustrated with system wars, and never lost faith in Nintendo. Very few people on the forums really saw what was coming.Tylendal

And they still don't see it. Chances are they'll never see it. Their precious Sony and Microsoft are trying to move downstream, which is a recipe for more failure, and the best thing they can say about it is "WOW! NATAL WORKS SO GREAT! NINTENDO IS DOOMED LOL!"

However, I must say that I don't really understand your reaction (I read you left the board for a few months). Watching them go is just SO much fun!

Iamsmee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Iamsmee
Member since 2008 • 470 Posts

[QUOTE="kansasdude2009"][QUOTE="jakehouston88"]

desmondsultanas

That article, and the many others on the website is why I became frustrated with system wars, and never lost faith in Nintendo. Very few people on the forums really saw what was coming.

Ya, jsut read the article, very interesting.

One thing though, there is a WiiSports 2 coming out... But I'm guessing that is for introducing many players to the M+... And the New Super Mario Bros. does also seem like a bridge... Maybe to Super Mario Galaxy 2? Metroid seems too far of a jump to think Nintendo is trying to bridge... But I have NO doubt that the Metroid Prime Trilogy pack is linked to the release of Other M next year. I wouldn't be AT all surprised if it is armed at female gamers, an heroine that ISN'T slutty, that is what I always liked about Metroid (and that's probably why she is speaking as well, btw, she speaks through dialog in Super Metroid, so don't give us this, 'oh nintendo is stabbing metroid in the back because she speaks' bs)... She isn't wearing a bikini while saving the universe, and hopefully it works for them... Nintendo will rule the world within a decade IMO.

Sony and MS have zero franchises that appeal to a wide range of demographics. Zero. Sony is making strides with titles like LBP, but the manor in which it sold was very front loaded like most hardcore titles and failed to catch on. They simply don't have the compelling franchises that appeal to gamers, non-gamers and casuals and that puts them at an incredible disadvantage. When Nintendo launches next gen with few of their huge casual, core, and bridge franchises the party will be over for the competition before it even started... much like this generation.desmondsultanas

I'd say franchises helped, but weren't the defining factor. The first DS and Wii games, Nintendogs, Brain Training, WiiSports, WiiPlay, all my IPs... Mario and the like, helped the bridging, but weren't a defining factor. Sony or MS could have easily used famous third party games, and no, Sony and MS don't have 'zero' franchises, they both would have access to many, whether their own or others.

OrwellJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 OrwellJames
Member since 2008 • 591 Posts

If I had bought stock in Nintendo 5 years ago, I'd be defecating myself with glee right along with you. Unfortunately, while excellent marketing may be value adding for investors, crappy games are not value adding for consumers. Unless the marketing convinces them that they're great games. It worked for you, apparently.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tylendal

[QUOTE="Tylendal"]

That article, and the many others on the website is why I became frustrated with system wars, and never lost faith in Nintendo. Very few people on the forums really saw what was coming.LordQuorthon

And they still don't see it. Chances are they'll never see it. Their precious Sony and Microsoft are trying to move downstream, which is a recipe for more failure, and the best thing they can say about it is "WOW! NATAL WORKS SO GREAT! NINTENDO IS DOOMED LOL!"

However, I must say that I don't really understand your reaction (I read you left the board for a few months). Watching them go is just SO much fun!

I just felt the arguments had become far too jaded. Trying to explain the blue ocean strategy over and over again to haters who just wouldn't listen became far too frustrating. Doesn't mean I'm not gloating now though, and if all goes well I'll be gloating in the future. Still, I expect another ebb in poster opinion of Nintendo in late 09, early 2010, unless some good third party games come out, or there's some more news. Instant gratification is needed to keep people's opinions high.

sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#31 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts

I dunno. This seems all out of order.

Why would they deliver most of the core titles early? They'd miss out on most of the gamers they were hoping to bridge. Every game you listed in step 4 came out before every game you listed in step 3, with the exception of Excite Truck, a game with, at best, loose ties to Nintendo's past.

Still, this was a much stronger E3 than last year's pathetic performance. Galaxy 2 and Other M are at least something for the hardcore to chew on, while New SMB, Wii Fit +, and Wii Sports Resort are all great for their more casual audience. There might wind up being some crossover down the line.

Still, when you compare the sales of, say, Super Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess to those of Wii Fit and Mario Kart, I don't know if there's a ton of transfer going on. Perhaps it's presumptuous of me to compare those games with some of the hottest titles of last year, but I think, for the forseeable future, those titles will be dwarfed in sales by their more accessible counterparts.

That isn't bad for Nintendo, but it doesn't earn customers in the manner you are implying. It's just a different way.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Well Sony followed Nintendo and just made it better, while M$ made something that does not seem to have much use in gaming now but technically very cool as an interface.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Tylendal

Why would they deliver most of the core titles early? They'd miss out on most of the gamers they were hoping to bridge. Every game you listed in step 4 came out before every game you listed in step 3, with the exception of Excite Truck, a game with, at best, loose ties to Nintendo's past.

Still, this was a much stronger E3 than last year's pathetic performance. Galaxy 2 and Other M are at least something for the hardcore to chew on, while New SMB, Wii Fit +, and Wii Sports Resort are all great for their more casual audience. There might wind up being some crossover down the line.

Still, when you compare the sales of, say, Super Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess to those of Wii Fit and Mario Kart, I don't know if there's a ton of transfer going on. Perhaps it's presumptuous of me to compare those games with some of the hottest titles of last year, but I think, for the forseeable future, those titles will be dwarfed in sales by their more accessible counterparts.

That isn't bad for Nintendo, but it doesn't earn customers in the manner you are implying. It's just a different way.

sonicmj1
That's because bridging takes time. People don't toss Wii-play into a shopping cart, blink in confusion, then go and hypnotically pick up a copy of Mario Kart, before proceeding like a zombie towards Twilight Princess. Nintendo's games have always had great legs, and you will see sales of these hardcore titles continue strong for years to come.
desmondsultanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 desmondsultanas

[QUOTE="desmondsultanas"][QUOTE="kansasdude2009"] That article, and the many others on the website is why I became frustrated with system wars, and never lost faith in Nintendo. Very few people on the forums really saw what was coming.Iamsmee

Ya, jsut read the article, very interesting.

One thing though, there is a WiiSports 2 coming out... But I'm guessing that is for introducing many players to the M+... And the New Super Mario Bros. does also seem like a bridge... Maybe to Super Mario Galaxy 2? Metroid seems too far of a jump to think Nintendo is trying to bridge... But I have NO doubt that the Metroid Prime Trilogy pack is linked to the release of Other M next year. I wouldn't be AT all surprised if it is armed at female gamers, an heroine that ISN'T slutty, that is what I always liked about Metroid (and that's probably why she is speaking as well, btw, she speaks through dialog in Super Metroid, so don't give us this, 'oh nintendo is stabbing metroid in the back because she speaks' bs)... She isn't wearing a bikini while saving the universe, and hopefully it works for them... Nintendo will rule the world within a decade IMO.

Sony and MS have zero franchises that appeal to a wide range of demographics. Zero. Sony is making strides with titles like LBP, but the manor in which it sold was very front loaded like most hardcore titles and failed to catch on. They simply don't have the compelling franchises that appeal to gamers, non-gamers and casuals and that puts them at an incredible disadvantage. When Nintendo launches next gen with few of their huge casual, core, and bridge franchises the party will be over for the competition before it even started... much like this generation.desmondsultanas

I'd say franchises helped, but weren't the defining factor. The first DS and Wii games, Nintendogs, Brain Training, WiiSports, WiiPlay, all my IPs... Mario and the like, helped the bridging, but weren't a defining factor. Sony or MS could have easily used famous third party games, and no, Sony and MS don't have 'zero' franchises, they both would have access to many, whether their own or others.

What successful first party franchises do Sony or MS have that bridge the gap between gamer, non-gamer, and casual? The only big ones from third parties that accomplish are the Guitar Hero series and Rockband and they have no probelm putting those games on Nintendo's console.
desmondsultanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 desmondsultanas

sonicmj1
Simple. The early core titles you speak of were to entice the 20 million or so Nintendo fanboys that bought the GC to buy the Wii. These titles had nothing to do with the casuals or non-gamers.
desmondsultanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 desmondsultanas
Well Sony followed Nintendo and just made it better, while M$ made something that does not seem to have much use in gaming now but technically very cool as an interface.wooooode
Made it better? What technical specs do you bring to this argument to make that claim? What games? Anyone who can boldly claim the ball and stick is better after a hype driven, and not very good Sony presentation is just a victim of marketing...nothing more.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
I really dont see Natal and that Sony thingy pulling the "Motion Crowd" as I call it, away from Nintendo.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Tylendal
[QUOTE="sonicmj1"]

desmondsultanas
Simple. The early core titles you speak of were to entice the 20 million or so Nintendo fanboys that bought the GC to buy the Wii. These titles had nothing to do with the casuals or non-gamers.

I disagree. They may have served that purpose initially, but there's no reason they can't fit into the strategy now. Games like Twilight Princess and MP3: Corruption don't just disappear as soon as new games come out.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#39 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

[QUOTE="murat8"]lol funny post. i dont think their doing it on purpose but it would be funny if it was their planLordQuorthon

Yeah nobody ever listens so all You need to do to hide things is talk about it. Seeing this i am going to change the way i talk about my ways of thinking. I'm just going to shut up about it. That way i will have a better chance of someone finally understanding it.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#40 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Very good topic I think Nintendo have everything the casual and the hardcore audience and with New Super Mario Bros Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2 announced they will sell alot.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

This Leaves An Entire Generation Purely Nintendo Fodder! Are Sony and Microsoft Too Late!?

http://www.dayofthejedi.com/articles/2008/05/images/motivators/b/037.jpg

...this thread is part joke, part serious... yup. :D

kansasdude2009

"Your Biological and Technological Distinctiveness Has Been Added to Our Own".. Resistance is futile.

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kansasdude2009
[QUOTE="LordQuorthon"]

[QUOTE="murat8"]lol funny post. i dont think their doing it on purpose but it would be funny if it was their planKungfuKitten

Yeah nobody ever listens so all You need to do to hide things is talk about it. Seeing this i am going to change the way i talk about my ways of thinking. I'm just going to shut up about it. That way i will have a better chance of someone finally understanding it.

Good luck! Great feedback everyone... I don't know whether Nintendo truly is planning this or if they are just really good at bringing titles for all, but it makes sense when you think about it, especially with all of these New Play Control games... which bridges and entire generation into Nintendo's franchises. Haha. Let's hope 3rd parties continue to help out Nintendo as well! Rabbids looks like a really good bridge title ;)
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kansasdude2009

Honestly, if Sony and Microsoft were to launch their new peripherals without casual, bridge, and hardcore titles that gain a lot of success... I don't see how this could do anything to the market. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Not sure I really care anymore. If Sony and Microsoft take that route then hardcore pc gaming will takeover again.
kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kansasdude2009
Not sure I really care anymore. If Sony and Microsoft take that route then hardcore pc gaming will takeover again. SAGE_OF_FIRE
not unless the hardcore embrace this new technology. Historically, we were the first ones to do so until this. :o
Zaistev_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zaistev_basic
Member since 2002 • 2975 Posts
[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"]Not sure I really care anymore. If Sony and Microsoft take that route then hardcore pc gaming will takeover again. kansasdude2009
not unless the hardcore embrace this new technology. Historically, we were the first ones to do so until this. :o

Actually, true hardcore gamers embraced it already. It is just the elitist gamers like most 3rd party developers, and fanboys are against motion sensing. Funny thing is that the same elitist are praising motion sensing if it was on their system. Just read this article: Birdmen and the Casual Fallacy http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"]Not sure I really care anymore. If Sony and Microsoft take that route then hardcore pc gaming will takeover again. kansasdude2009

I can't really see that happening, but what I do see is the continuing thinning boundary between pc games console games will widen to how it used to be.
Steel-Panther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Steel-Panther
Member since 2009 • 484 Posts

jakehouston88

And still be in last place.

I kind of agree with the TC, and therefore i really don't like where gaming is going. I'm not going to quit anytime soon... but i just don't like it.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Tylendal

Honestly, if Sony and Microsoft were to launch their new peripherals without casual, bridge, and hardcore titles that gain a lot of success... I don't see how this could do anything to the market. :(

kansasdude2009
It can't. If they don't try to make the right bridge titles, then that is a sure sign that Natal and the PSWand are just an attempt to emulate Nintendo, with no true recognition of why motion sensing was working for Nintendo.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

[QUOTE="kansasdude2009"]

Tylendal

It can't. If they don't try to make the right bridge titles, then that is a sure sign that Natal and the PSWand are just an attempt to emulate Nintendo, with no true recognition of why motion sensing was working for Nintendo.

Has history taught you nothing? Casuals don't need to be tricked into hardcore titles.