Nintendo just shat on its supporters with "new" 3DS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by lamprey263 (24153 posts) -

So, a new 3DS model will be coming out that has a C-pad to replace need for second add-on analog. Okay, fine, people have been wanting that. But apparently it also comes with an enhanced CPU, and games are already in development that can't be played on the previous 3DS models.

http://gematsu.com/2014/08/xenoblade-chronicles-announced-new-3ds

They're making Xenoblade Chronicles for 3DS and it can only be played on the "New 3DS" because of the new enhanced CPU that will be in it, and not on any of the 3DS models that have been around since launch.

FUCK YOU NINTENDO!!

#2 Edited by lostrib (37606 posts) -

don't we already have 2 threads on this?

#3 Edited by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

Not being able to play all the games on on system is a valid complaint. However anyone who really wanted to play Xeno that badly will have played it on wii. Until they announce something NEW that can't be played on the old 3DS and isn't just a remake deal with it.

Also flagged for duplicate thread.

#4 Edited by Dragerdeifrit (244 posts) -

yeah.. that was a slap on the face... no, a kick in the balls. for current 3DS users, and i doubt it'll stop with Xenobalde chronicles. just wait for every major title being exclusive for "new" 3DS., because it'll be just easier to develop for, more cpu power and a second analog stick

#5 Posted by madsnakehhh (14483 posts) -

Yep...that's pretty awful, i'm not changing my old 3DS OoT edition just because now they are launching another and better 3DS, and yes, Xenoblade Chronicles might the first game, but who knows what else early adopters will be missing...

#6 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11415 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

Not being able to play all the games on on system is a valid complaint. However anyone who really wanted to play Xeno that badly will have played it on wii. Until they announce something NEW that can't be played on the old 3DS and isn't just a remake deal with it.

Also flagged for duplicate thread.

This pretty much says it all.

Having said that imagine the outrage if they announce the Majora's Mask remake as an exclusive for the "new" 3DS

#7 Posted by parkurtommo (27220 posts) -

That is actually hilarious.

Watch sheep just eat it up and not complain (after attention dies down).

#8 Posted by bunchanumbers (1358 posts) -

I don't see the issue. A console update should be commonplace. The new Slim models of all consoles should have upgraded hardware so that it remains viable longer.

#9 Edited by Telekill (4694 posts) -

Welcome to the club.

Nintendo craps on fans with the 3DS. Microsoft craps on fans initially with their horrible policies. Sony craps on fans via the PSV and no support. Capcom craps on all its fanbases. Crystal Dynamics craps on its PlayStation and PC fanbases...

... the list continues. It does not pay to be a fan of much of anything these days.

#10 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26872 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

That is actually hilarious.

Watch sheep just eat it up and not complain (after attention dies down).

Considering the sheep are angry too, I wouldn't hold my breath.

#11 Posted by freedomfreak (40902 posts) -

>finally localize Xenoblade for NA and Europe
>ship a limited supply causing that game to get sold on ebay for insane prices
>announce an upgraded model, port, and sell the game for it exclusively

Nintentroll.

#12 Posted by blackace (20885 posts) -

Waste of time and money. So gamers are suppose to run out and buy this updated model so they can play a few enhanced games? How are people going to know which cames can and can't play on the older 3DS? This is going to be messy.

#13 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3611 posts) -

Think we're overreacting just a little bit.

#14 Posted by Gue1 (10192 posts) -

nintendo is taking a huge dump on the sheep and they love it.

#15 Posted by clyde46 (46578 posts) -

Pics?

#16 Edited by Legend002 (7209 posts) -

I own the original XL and I'm fine with this.

#17 Posted by santoron (7774 posts) -

Yup. Will be very interesting to see if this can make a big impact on the 3DS's rapidly shrinking sales. If it doesn't, it will force Nintendo either to aggressively cut prices (spurring further losses) or introduce an actual new handheld earlier than they want.

I don't think it's surprising to say this news should all but guarantee Nintendo will miss their WW 3DS sales targets again. No one knowledgeable will buy an existing 3DS now, and it doesn't sound like the new models are going to be coming out of Japan for quite some time.

#18 Posted by Kjranu (1029 posts) -

Nintendo wants people to double or even triple dip on a 3DS purchase. The original, the extra large version, and now this one. It's how they sold so many DSes and it's how they're going to do it again. Beside, with new phones every two years and people updating their contract for em, this shouldn't be something new or shocking to the average customer.

#19 Posted by parkurtommo (27220 posts) -

@Telekill said:

Welcome to the club.

Nintendo craps on fans with the 3DS. Microsoft craps on fans initially with their horrible policies. Sony craps on fans via the PSV and no support. Capcom craps on all its fanbases. Crystal Dynamics craps on its PlayStation and PC fanbases...

... the list continues. It does not pay to be a fan of big companies these days.

Fixed... You can be a fan of a lot of devs. But as soon as a franchise gets purchased by a new, big ass publisher like EA or Activision run in the opposite direction son.

#20 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7321 posts) -

@Kjranu said:

Nintendo wants people to double or even triple dip on a 3DS purchase. The original, the extra large version, and now this one. It's how they sold so many DSes and it's how they're going to do it again. Beside, with new phones every two years and people updating their contract for em, this shouldn't be something new or shocking to the average customer.

Handheld tech is advancing rapidly right now and I wouldn't be opposed to upgrading from my 3DS XL. The problem is that I don't really see this as much of an upgrade.

#21 Posted by lamprey263 (24153 posts) -

I'd be more all right with this if say they had a New 3DS replacement program, ship them your old 3DS/3DSXL, they'll transfer rights and other info to the New 3DS equivalent and the person pay some reasonable amount to upgrade.

#22 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26872 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

nintendo is taking a huge dump on the sheep and they love it.

Because your former favs didn't do the same, Gue?

#23 Posted by lamprey263 (24153 posts) -

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

@inb4uall said:

Not being able to play all the games on on system is a valid complaint. However anyone who really wanted to play Xeno that badly will have played it on wii. Until they announce something NEW that can't be played on the old 3DS and isn't just a remake deal with it.

Also flagged for duplicate thread.

This pretty much says it all.

Having said that imagine the outrage if they announce the Majora's Mask remake as an exclusive for the "new" 3DS

I'd be livid... no more livid than I am now but I'll eventually cool down before such news would fire me back up again.

I mean what's the point. I mean they're just making a slightly enhanced 3DS that will alienate everyone else who already has a 3DS; why not do that by making a new handheld system entirely?

#24 Posted by HernandeZzzz (625 posts) -

It all would've been fine if there were no exclusive games for it. That's the part that's making me mad. Other than that, this "definitive version" was very much expected.

#25 Edited by Bigboi500 (29999 posts) -

I avoided the DSi poop and this will be the same unless this "new" 3DS gets a bunch of exclusive titles only it can play. And I mean true exclusives, not ports.

#26 Edited by JeremyGTS (19 posts) -

I didnt read ANYTHING posted that says i cant play new 3DS games on my old 3DS. What I did read is that on the new 3DS Ill be able to view the 3D effects at MULTIPLE different angles. I dont see how this takes a shit on anyone. Get a circle pad pro for your old 3Ds.

#27 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7321 posts) -

I remember getting all fired up about the DSi having its own exclusive games, and that didn't end up amounting to anything important. If this is just going to play old Wii games in 3D, while the other 3DS still gets to play the handheld exclusives, then this isn't a big deal. Time will tell.

#28 Posted by super600 (30718 posts) -

We don't need another thread on this topic.