Nintendo is doing it again 3DS will be the best selling console ever

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts
They truly are the innovative and marketing geniuses of the video gaming world...ya' gotta' admit they dominated E3 with there 3DS showing, i don't even own a portable right now but i am chomping at the bit with impatience, i cannot wait to buy this portable and i'll happily pay $250.00 or more if thats what it costs. They not only added a better thumbstick control than the PSP's nub stick, but they also upped the processor and rest of the hardware for even better graphics, and they showed the world that 3D gaming and movie watching is possible without the need for 3D glasses. I am sold....I will be a total supporter of not only Nintendo's upcoming portable but there next gen console too, what ever it may be.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

Oh yeah because the N64 and Gamecube just lit up the sales charts. This is their first gen after two unsuccessful ones where they are back on top. To call them marketing kings then Sony must also be included.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
They are pretty insanely succesful this gen... I don't even care about portables and I'm pretty excited to play the 3DS...
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

wait the 3ds is a console? is it a portable console?

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

Oh yeah because the N64 and Gamecube just lit up the sales charts. This is their first gen after two unsuccessful ones where they are back on top. To call them marketing kings then Sony must also be included.

Ragnarok1051
Wrong. Nintendo made a profit from both Consoles. Whats N64 and GC gotta do with the handheld market as they are 2 differant entities. TC why right at the end mention the succesor to the Wii for on a post about 3DS?! Overall : Nintendo have gotten better over time with Handhelds and i expect this to be better than expected.
Eltormo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eltormo
Member since 2010 • 990 Posts

Ragnarok1051

Don't forget their biggest one which was on the portable market the Virtual Boy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#8 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Except it's a handheld.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]

Dibdibdobdobo
Wrong. Nintendo made a profit from both Consoles. Whats N64 and GC gotta do with the handheld market as they are 2 differant entities. TC why right at the end mention the succesor to the Wii for on a post about 3DS?! Overall : Nintendo have gotten better over time with Handhelds and i expect this to be better than expected.

"They truly are the innovative and marketing geniuses of the video gaming world..." I was just pointing this part out.
HelloMoto56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HelloMoto56
Member since 2010 • 1233 Posts

Nintendo 3DS, the console!

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 locopatho
Sheep think better graphics are innovative now? :lol:tomarlyn
Of course, better graphics are ingenious when Ninty do it :D
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]Sheep think better graphics are innovative now? :lol:locopatho

Its a revolution!
HelloMoto56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HelloMoto56
Member since 2010 • 1233 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="tomarlyn"]Sheep think better graphics are innovative now? :lol:tomarlyn

Its a revolution!

it's a double standard!

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Except it's a handheld.siLVURcross
What's wrong with that? It's still a games console.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tomarlyn

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Of course, better graphics are ingenious when Ninty do it :DHelloMoto56

Its a revolution!

it's a double standard!

Its a flip flop!

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="tomarlyn"]Sheep think better graphics are innovative now? :lol:tomarlyn

Its a revolution!

2006: PS3/Wii releases = motion innovative, graphics don't matter! 2010: Move/Kinect/3DS release = motions lame, graphics matter! Haha talking **** now before anyone yells at me :P
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]Except it's a handheld.SaltyMeatballs
What's wrong with that? It's still a games console.

Thats true because the term Handheld is short for Handheld Consoles.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#19 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

They truly are the innovative and marketing geniuses of the video gaming world...ya' gotta' admit they dominated E3 with there 3DS showing, i don't even own a portable right now but i am chomping at the bit with impatience, i cannot wait to buy this portable and i'll happily pay $250.00 or more if thats what it costs. They not only added a better thumbstick control than the PSP's nub stick, but they also upped the processor and rest of the hardware for even better graphics, and they showed the world that 3D gaming and movie watching is possible without the need for 3D glasses. I am sold....I will be a total supporter of not only Nintendo's upcoming portable but there next gen console too, what ever it may be.Slimmin360

Slimmin360? 3DS being the best ever? How can you say this? Sony has not released any infomation. You are a Nintendo supporter butCoolyfett iscurious about your SN, your account level and motive behind this type of post. Never seen a level 2 member have this sort of confidence. I take it you had another account on Gamespot? The usage of the PSP is something Coolyfett does everyday, everyday for almost 3 years strait. As a matter of fact Coolyfett was just playing Rayman lastnight on his PSP. You may want to give the PSP a try its an enjoyable system. It can hold you down will you wait for the next series from the Nintendo firm.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#20 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
Haven't seen someone saying that they want it for the 3D. I really want the 3DS but the 3D is just a cool bonus for me.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

[QUOTE="HelloMoto56"]

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"] Its a revolution!tomarlyn

it's a double standard!

Its a flip flop!

Its the SW way.

kontejner44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kontejner44
Member since 2006 • 2025 Posts

I think it's safe to say that they secured the handheld space.

The best thing about 3DS is without a doubt the graphics

haitechan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 haitechan
Member since 2010 • 76 Posts
Haven't seen someone saying that they want it for the 3D. I really want the 3DS but the 3D is just a cool bonus for me.KungfuKitten
I have a friend who hates the DS but wants the 3DS because of the 3D effect. Never say never.
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

Its a revolution!

It sort of is, it's 3D on a handheld without glasses. Can you name another device that does such a thing? It's like how the DS was the first mainstream handheld device with a touch screen. Now everything has a touch screen.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

The 3DS is definitely a neat looking handheld.

Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Of course, better graphics are ingenious when Ninty do it :Dnintendoman562
Its a revolution!

It sort of is, it's 3D on a handheld without glasses. Can you name another device that does such a thing? It's like how the DS was the first mainstream handheld device with a touch screen. Now everything has a touch screen.

Well being mainstream doesn't make it innovative persay... The innovative part of the DS was the double screens the game.com had a touchscreen first.

3D without glasses on a handheld is innovative but it will not really effect gameplay that much imo ... Also multimedia devices were shifting to touch before the DS and if everything was really copying the DS wouldn't everything have 2 screens...

Most people are hyped for the 3DS because its awesome line up not the 3D

ItsBriskBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ItsBriskBaby
Member since 2007 • 1748 Posts

IMO it makes Nintendo look like a dumb*** by making a handheld games look better then the Wii games. Because from what I've been seeing so far some of those 3DS games blow away the majority of the Wii games in graphics. What the hell is going on here?

bowser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

#28 bowser3
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts

IMO it makes Nintendo look like a dumb*** by making a handheld games look better then the Wii games. Because from what I've been seeing so far some of those 3DS games blow away the majority of the Wii games in graphics. What the hell is going on here?

ItsBriskBaby

It doesnt make nintendo look dumb, only the wii. The wii priced at a reasonable price for its hardware.

bowser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

#29 bowser3
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts

ItsBriskBaby

It may make nintendo look kinda dumb, but it sure makes the 3ds look like a beast.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

The 3DS is not a terribly innovative device, not in the same sense that the DS or Wii were. But it is a powerful combination of some of the most desirable characteristics a device could have. It is a generational graphical boost over the DS; it retains the DS's touchscreen mechanic while adding an analog stick, accelerometer and gyroscope; it bumps the cartridge sizes up to 2GBs; it has a parallax barrier autosterescopic 3D display, which is a technology that only really works well in a handheld.

Finally, it has the backing of one of the most acclaimed gaming libraries out there through the DS.

You would think it would sell well. Should pickup the DS audience, the PSP audience, the 3D audience. Can't argue with the optimistic predictions, especially since they don't seem to even have any real next-gen competition right now.

Tripper_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Tripper_g
Member since 2009 • 108 Posts

wii is worst console this generation anything they come out with would have to be an improvement over the wii.

InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts

ItsBriskBaby

3DS is trolling the HD consoles.

gangstaa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 gangstaa9
Member since 2007 • 258 Posts

I dont see how anyone can look at the 3DS game line up and say it is not going to be awesome. Metal Gear, Paper Mario, Contra, Kingdom Hearts, a remake of the best game ever Zelda OoT

And

All of these

Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

i cant wait for the 3DS. but i dont think i canbuy it if its over $250. i hate not having money :P

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Didn't the PS2 sell the most for a system?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

I dont see how anyone can look at the 3DS game line up and say it is not going to be awesome. Metal Gear, Paper Mario, Contra, Kingdom Hearts, a remake of the best game ever Zelda OoT

And

All of these

gangstaa9

i agree. its got the best lineup for a system and its even close to being out yet :P

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Ragnarok1051

Well... He didnt mention consoles... Every handheld theyve ever done has sold over 80 million units. So yeah.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

Didn't the PS2 sell the most for a system?

WiiMan21

Yeah, PS2 still leads by about 24 million units. Though it's also been on the market for considerably longer.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tomarlyn
[QUOTE="tomarlyn"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Of course, better graphics are ingenious when Ninty do it :Dnintendoman562
Its a revolution!

But 3D is pure eye candy and nothing else, sheep slammed the 360 and PS3 for adding nothing this gen but ''teh bettar grafix''. 3DS is just a more powerful DS with an analogue stick. Even though I can't wait for 3DS and will be a day one buyer, its only fair to call out those Wii fanboys on principle.
mgsbethatgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mgsbethatgame
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts

Ragnarok1051
QFT people tend to forget about those two and lets not forget the gameboy micro
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#42 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoman562"][QUOTE="tomarlyn"] Its a revolution!tomarlyn

But 3D is pure eye candy and nothing else, sheep slammed the 360 and PS3 for adding nothing this gen but ''teh bettar grafix''. 3DS is just a more powerful DS with an analogue stick. Even though I can't wait for 3DS and will be a day one buyer, its only fair to call out those Wii fanboys on principle.

I don't know about that. 3D seems like a gimmick, but they said the same thing about motion sensing on the wii and that was for real. I mean, a lot of the times it is used as a gimmickbut also a lot of games use it in a meaningful way. Nintendo claims that the 3D effect helps you navigate a fully rendered space better. We'll have to see for ourselves

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
What I know is that I will have 5 or 6 games already by the launch time.
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GunSmith1_basic
What I know is that I will have 5 or 6 games already by the launch time. King_Dodongo
yes, possibly the best launch lineup ever. Maybe there will be some titles delayed, but I would say it might rival for best 1st year ever if that happens.
SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

Its a revolution!

Two answers:

- Handheld gaming device with a touchscreen: Game.com, circa 1997. [link]

- Portable gaming device with autostereoscopic 3D: Sharp Actius RD3D, circa 2003. [link to review]

Sharp's parallax barrier display was poorly received on laptops, though, and is probably unlikely to make a return on any big screen device. It even made PC World's list of the "25 Worst Tech Products of All Time".

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts
I hope it's a success, but the top screen being wider than the bottom screen is a major turnoff. I really hope they change their minds about that FAST. How absolutely ugly. Also, it only has one slider. Why not two? Lots of people complain about PSP's lack of a second stick. Think that would be of concern.
rcafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rcafan
Member since 2010 • 2025 Posts

Ragnarok1051
they weren't unsuceessufl they just got beat out. they made money they fix there mistakes. and what has sony done doing the same thing nintendo did in the past. and lets not forget sony being in court for the disc read error.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
2 things I would be concerned about with the 3DS: 1) Is it true or not that 3D gaming causes headaches for a lot of people after 30 minutes 2) Will the 3D fad still be popular throughout the 3DS's life cycle? For movies, we're already looking at a repeat of the 80's with tons of poor quality gimmick movies with "3D" in the title over saturating cinemas, and if history repeats itself (which it will), the days of 3D movies are numbered, and thank God. Most movies only use it to make more money from renting the glasses, but after a few high profile 3D flops I think we'll start seeing less and less of it. That doesn't mean that 3DS will die out with the 3D fad, but 3D as a selling point is going to become less and less relevant over the next year or two. The market is oversaturated and 3D will no longer have the novelty factor it had when Avatar came out. Even crap like Step Up 3 and Resident Evil Afterlife is getting released in 3D now, and eventually people will stop paying extra for it because the gimmick won't be worth it. Will the 3DS be immune to people starting to look at 3D as old hat? Only time will tell.
rcafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rcafan
Member since 2010 • 2025 Posts
[QUOTE="Timstuff"]2 things I would be concerned about with the 3DS: 1) Is it true or not that 3D gaming causes headaches for a lot of people after 30 minutes 2) Will the 3D fad still be popular throughout the 3DS's life cycle? For movies, we're already looking at a repeat of the 80's with tons of poor quality gimmick movies with "3D" in the title over saturating cinemas, and if history repeats itself (which it will), the days of 3D movies are numbered, and thank God. Most movies only use it to make more money from renting the glasses, but after a few high profile 3D flops I think we'll start seeing less and less of it. That doesn't mean that 3DS will die out with the 3D fad, but 3D as a selling point is going to become less and less relevant over the next year or two. The market is oversaturated and 3D will no longer have the novelty factor it had when Avatar came out. Even crap like Step Up 3 and Resident Evil Afterlife is getting released in 3D now, and eventually people will stop paying extra for it because the gimmick won't be worth it. Will the 3DS be immune to people starting to look at 3D as old hat? Only time will tell.

1. something i agree with here. to many flims are also getting into the 3d thing and that bugs the crap out of me. 2. what about the so called fad for the wii remote? oh wait... look at the move and kicnet.... 3d fad should of die already but since many movies are using now its going to stay. now since tvs are having it its going to stay.
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GunSmith1_basic
2 things I would be concerned about with the 3DS: 1) Is it true or not that 3D gaming causes headaches for a lot of people after 30 minutes 2) Will the 3D fad still be popular throughout the 3DS's life cycle? For movies, we're already looking at a repeat of the 80's with tons of poor quality gimmick movies with "3D" in the title over saturating cinemas, and if history repeats itself (which it will), the days of 3D movies are numbered, and thank God. Most movies only use it to make more money from renting the glasses, but after a few high profile 3D flops I think we'll start seeing less and less of it. That doesn't mean that 3DS will die out with the 3D fad, but 3D as a selling point is going to become less and less relevant over the next year or two. The market is oversaturated and 3D will no longer have the novelty factor it had when Avatar came out. Even crap like Step Up 3 and Resident Evil Afterlife is getting released in 3D now, and eventually people will stop paying extra for it because the gimmick won't be worth it. Will the 3DS be immune to people starting to look at 3D as old hat? Only time will tell.Timstuff
3D isn't worn out yet, especially 3D in your own home.