Nintendo IS BACK

• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Oh yeah, baby, Nintendo is back, and how. After three years of being derided and ridiculed, Nintendo is back with a vengeance to claim victory over all hardcore gamers. With one of the strongest lineup a company has had ever (and keep in mind that this lineup is restricted to only the first half of the year. God knows how many more awesome mind blowing titles they'll be announcing at E3!), boy, this year sure is gonna be a treat for any self respecting hardcore (ew) gamer.

Some titles from their lineup include (these include third party titles as well):

• Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Metroid: Other M
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Sin and Punishment 2
  • Dragon Quest IX
  • Red Steel 2
  • Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  • NBA Jam 10
  • Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
  • Golden Sun DS
  • Epic Mickey
  • Monster Hunter Tri
  • Dragon Quest VI
  • Tales of Graces
  • Arc Rise Phantasia
  • WarioWare D.I.Y

I think I just wet my pants...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
of those, i'm mildly interested in the first 3, depending on how they play
mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts

2 of the top 3 there are only what I care about. Super Smash Bros, arguably nintendo best series is absent (not like they should make another, but Nintendo is only worth hyping when they come out with smash bros games!). No Starfox Wii yet...

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Where did nintendo go :?:question:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Animal-Mother
Nowhere. Talk to the average System Wars user, though, and...
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
That list is neither all Nintendo, nor all Wii or DS, but both platforms and both 1st and 3rd paty. You essentially plucking the highlights of two platforms into a list... Not insulting you just a little confused.
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Nintendo never left.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
That list is neither all Nintendo, nor all Wii or DS, but both platforms and both 1st and 3rd paty. You essentially plucking the highlights of two platforms into a list... Not insulting you just a little confused.locopatho
But I already put that disclaimer there, see? right here:
Some titles from their lineup include (these include third party titles as well)charizard1605
Also, I never said I'm talking about the Wii, just Nintendo in general... :o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Nintendo never left.

Shirokishi_
I know that. System Wars doesnt.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

With all the information that was released yesterday, I'm sure Nintendo will get a lot more discussion here. Well, at least more than hate threads.

I'm not sure I'd include Tales of Graces on that list, at least until they fix the bug issue and announce a NA localization.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Nintendo never went away.

But that conference was great.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
and the sheep start herding back into SW. Move aside, cows.
mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

charizard1605
Nowhere. Talk to the average System Wars user, though, and...

and you'll find out that they are barely putting out great titles. Don't even try to argue with me. The great thing is that they are putting out new stuff soon. Still, Nintendo has always been that extremely addicting, fun local multiplayer console for me, but not having Rare as a develop has been a big loss in my eyes (and Rare doesn't even have the same people staffed in their company during the N64 era). All I have for multiplayer on the Wii is Smash Bros and Wii Sports. They need to do better on that front in addition to their great single player games like SMG.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
I just want to see how they broke Legend of Zelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
also, legend of zelda is confirmed for winter 2010... doesn't that mean like october-december? how is that first half? On January 6, 2010, it was confirmed for a 2010 release. At the Nintendo Media Summit on February 24, 2010 it was confirmed for a Winter 2010 release.[1][2]
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
Nintendo is BACK!!???!??! LOL!!!!
mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

I just want to see how they broke Legend of ZeldaJandurin

What???

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

and the sheep start herding back into SW. Move aside, cows.aaronmullan

I don't like your sig anymore. Why the change?

TC I didn't know they left.

lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
Good for Wii owners i guess. For me it doesn't make a difference if Nintendo is gone or at full force. Their library of games has not appealed to me for many years.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
and the sheep start herding back into SW. Move aside, cows.aaronmullan
We never went away ;) 8)
and you'll find out that they are barely putting out great titles. Don't even try to argue with me. The great thing is that they are putting out new stuff soon. Still, Nintendo has always been that extremely addicting, fun local multiplayer console for me, but not having Rare as a develop has been a big loss in my eyes (and Rare doesn't even have the same people staffed in their company during the N64 era). All I have for multiplayer on the Wii is Smash Bros and Wii Sports. They need to do better on that front in addition to their great single player games like SMG.mD-
Wait- in the last decade, they've given us The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Golden Sun, Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart Wii, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Smash Bros Melee, Star Fox DS, Pikmin, PokemoN Ruby/Saphire/Emerald, Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Eternal Darkness, Advance Wars, Advance Wars: Black Hole Rising, Advance Wars Dual Strike, Advance Wars Day of Ruin... and that's not even half the list... and that isn't enough for you?
Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts
Are any of these games even released yet? Why do people think these games will be much better than the shovelware they've been getting? Red Steel 1 didn't do very well so why does everyone think Red Steel 2 will be much better? The only game on here that I might want to play is Metroid: Other M. Super Mario Galaxy 2 & The Legend of Zelda I can see will be clones of there predecessors and The rest will probably flop.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

[QUOTE="Jandurin"]I just want to see how they broke Legend of Zeldamariokart97

What???

I'm feeling pessimistic today

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Blazed

Same here. System Wars sure thought so, though.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

[QUOTE="aaronmullan"]and the sheep start herding back into SW. Move aside, cows.charizard1605
We never went away ;) 8)
and you'll find out that they are barely putting out great titles. Don't even try to argue with me. The great thing is that they are putting out new stuff soon. Still, Nintendo has always been that extremely addicting, fun local multiplayer console for me, but not having Rare as a develop has been a big loss in my eyes (and Rare doesn't even have the same people staffed in their company during the N64 era). All I have for multiplayer on the Wii is Smash Bros and Wii Sports. They need to do better on that front in addition to their great single player games like SMG.mD-
Wait- in the last decade, they've given us The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Golden Sun, Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart Wii, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Smash Bros Melee, Star Fox DS, Pikmin, PokemoN Ruby/Saphire/Emerald, Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Eternal Darkness, Advance Wars, Advance Wars: Black Hole Rising, Advance Wars Dual Strike, Advance Wars Day of Ruin... and that's not even half the list... and that isn't enough for you?

This is the Nintendo greatness

Nintendo will always be the best

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#25 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

except for SMG2 i'm not remotely interested by anything on that list

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Are any of these games even released yet? Why do people think these games will be much better than the shovelware they've been getting? Red Steel 1 didn't do very well so why does everyone think Red Steel 2 will be much better? The only game on here that I might want to play is Metroid: Other M. Super Mario Galaxy 2 & The Legend of Zelda I can see will be clones of there predecessors and The rest will probably flop.Shielder7
Wait, what? If Killzone 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 were better than their sequels, why cant Red Steel 2 be? Super Mario galaxy 2 will be 'just the same as the first one...' meaning it'll play like the greatest game of this gen. Good enough for me, I guess. And yeah, Zelda will be like the previous Zelda games for sure, what withit being a reboot and all. /sarcasm And the others will flop. Yep. Prince of Persia, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, Pokemon, a Tales game... all will flop... you got that right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="aaronmullan"] We never went away ;) 8) [QUOTE="mD-"]and you'll find out that they are barely putting out great titles. Don't even try to argue with me. The great thing is that they are putting out new stuff soon. Still, Nintendo has always been that extremely addicting, fun local multiplayer console for me, but not having Rare as a develop has been a big loss in my eyes (and Rare doesn't even have the same people staffed in their company during the N64 era). All I have for multiplayer on the Wii is Smash Bros and Wii Sports. They need to do better on that front in addition to their great single player games like SMG.mariokart97

This is the Nintendo greatness

Nintendo will always be the best

And unlike others *cough Sony, MS cough* they don't need validation from rabid fanboys of the fact 8)
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
There are more games going out for the Wii I am looking forward to than any other system. Then again expect most people who know me already know that. Man that lineup is great.
Jamisonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jamisonia
Member since 2009 • 896 Posts

Nintendo just keeps geting more awesome. Nintendo wins 2010... confirmed.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Golden Sun is coming on DS? Hell yeah.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"]That list is neither all Nintendo, nor all Wii or DS, but both platforms and both 1st and 3rd paty. You essentially plucking the highlights of two platforms into a list... Not insulting you just a little confused.charizard1605
But I already put that disclaimer there, see? right here:
Some titles from their lineup include (these include third party titles as well)charizard1605
Also, I never said I'm talking about the Wii, just Nintendo in general... :o

K, just seems a lil weird... Like someone making a PSP/PS3 list. Never mind, Nintendo is indeed looking good this year :)
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

And as always, the next Mario, Metroid and Zelda top the list. Kind of makes me sad as a fan of Nintendo from back in the day. They never really went anywhere indeed. I only wish they would get behind some "new" projects and not just what works.

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Where did they go?

standarddamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#34 standarddamage
Member since 2006 • 1143 Posts

Nintendo just keeps geting more awesome. Nintendo wins 2010... confirmed.

Jamisonia
Well, I wouldn't go that far. But I will admit that my opinion on how they're taking of their customers is slowly growing more favorable. There are games there that I'm really looking forward to. I'm still waiting for Starfox, though.
Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shielder7
[QUOTE="Shielder7"]Are any of these games even released yet? Why do people think these games will be much better than the shovelware they've been getting? Red Steel 1 didn't do very well so why does everyone think Red Steel 2 will be much better? The only game on here that I might want to play is Metroid: Other M. Super Mario Galaxy 2 & The Legend of Zelda I can see will be clones of there predecessors and The rest will probably flop.charizard1605
Wait, what? If Killzone 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 were better than their sequels, why cant Red Steel 2 be? Super Mario galaxy 2 will be 'just the same as the first one...' meaning it'll play like the greatest game of this gen. Good enough for me, I guess. And yeah, Zelda will be like the previous Zelda games for sure, what withit being a reboot and all. /sarcasm And the others will flop. Yep. Prince of Persia, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, Pokemon, a Tales game... all will flop... you got that right.

Because Kill Zone and Assassin's Creed never got a 5.5. Thats a lot of room for improvement and a lot to fix so I'm not holding my breath, as for Prince of Persia & Monster Hunter I'm going by both the developers track record for the Wii. As for the rest even if they don't flop I'm not 12 so they still won't interest me. Have fun with Mario i guess I'll be having fun with Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Lost Planet 2, Alan Wake & Kratos which anyone will hold my attention much longer than any Mario game.
AdmiralRJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AdmiralRJW
Member since 2010 • 556 Posts

Every year I hear Nintendo fans claiming that it will be their year, nothing will change in 2010, the Wii might have a few good games here and there but the majority of the year will be dominated by dissapointed for Nintendo fans and once again PC, 360 & PS3 will have a vastly superior lineup by the years end.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

And as always, the next Mario, Metroid and Zelda top the list. Kind of makes me sad as a fan of Nintendo from back in the day. They never really went anywhere indeed. I only wish they would get behind some "new" projects and not just what works.

foxhound_fox
I hear they've got a couple of new IP's that they plan on showing off at E3 this year. You gotta understand though, after their excellent orays into uncharted territory like Eternal Darkness were largely ignored by the mainstream gaming public, they had no choice but to play it safe... And they STILL manage to kick Sony and MS's ass. I suppose that's saying something.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Shielder7"]Are any of these games even released yet? Why do people think these games will be much better than the shovelware they've been getting? Red Steel 1 didn't do very well so why does everyone think Red Steel 2 will be much better? The only game on here that I might want to play is Metroid: Other M. Super Mario Galaxy 2 & The Legend of Zelda I can see will be clones of there predecessors and The rest will probably flop.Shielder7

Because Kill Zone and Assassin's Creed never got a 5.5. Thats a lot of room for improvement and a lot to fix so I'm not holding my breath, as for Prince of Persia & Monster Hunter I'm going by both the developers track record for the Wii. As for the rest even if they don't flop I'm not 12 so they still won't interest me. Have fun with Mario i guess I'll be having fun with Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Lost Planet 2, Alan Wake & Kratos which anyone will hold my attention much longer than any Mario game.

As for the last, that's your opinion, and good for you. And KLillzone 1 was in the 6's. The sequel got a 9. AAAE. Red Steel could do the same, therefore. And Capcom's track record on the Wii? :lol: Resident Evil 4 Wii, Okami, Tatsunoko vs Capcom... what were you saying again? :lol::lol::lol:
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 foxhound_fox

I hear they've got a couple of new IP's that they plan on showing off at E3 this year. You gotta understand though, after their excellent orays into uncharted territory like Eternal Darkness were largely ignored by the mainstream gaming public, they had no choice but to play it safe... And they STILL manage to kick Sony and MS's ass. I suppose that's saying something.charizard1605

New IP, or new games made with really old IP that hasn't been touched in years? And since when was Eternal Darkness a Nintendo developed game? That was Silicon Knights.

And selling the most consoles doesn't make you the best game developer.

InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts

Nintendo was always here. Since Ninty games dont get announced 6 years in advance, some people thought nothing was coming out.

blahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 blahzor
Member since 2005 • 2287 Posts

foxhound_fox

Punch-Out!!, Sin and Punishment 2, Professor Layton, Rythm Heaven,and Endless Ocean are a few games they've gotten behind recently that were nowhere near the calibur of Mario, Metroid, and Zelda. At least in terms of sales.

Besides, a game doesn't need to be a new ip to be fresh. Mario Galaxy was just that and Other M is looking like it's going to be entirely different from what we've played before in the metroid series, for instance.

Anyways, guys don't get out of control. Getting a bunch of good news in a single day is great, but the wii doesn't need more hate and that's all these threads are going to do until any of these games actually prove themselves.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

New IP, or new games made with really old IP that hasn't been touched in years? And since when was Eternal Darkness a Nintendo developed game? That was Silicon Knights.

And selling the most consoles doesn't make you the best game developer.

foxhound_fox

I think new IP's.Didnt Nintendo publish Eternal Darkness? I think they did... I'm not talking about them selling the most consoles.I'm saying they STILL ARE THE BEST DEVELOPERS AROUND BY A VERY LONG MILE.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts

[QUOTE="aaronmullan"]and the sheep start herding back into SW. Move aside, cows.Blazed

I don't like your sig anymore. Why the change?

I got a rotator. Diablo is still there.
jorler333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 jorler333
Member since 2009 • 891 Posts

Yes sir :D

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Shielder7
[QUOTE="charizard1605"] As for the last, that's your opinion, and good for you. And KLillzone 1 was in the 6's. The sequel got a 9. AAAE. Red Steel could do the same, therefore. And Capcom's track record on the Wii? :lol: Resident Evil 4 Wii, Okami, Tatsunoko vs Capcom... what were you saying again? :lol::lol::lol:

Your entire initial post is your own opinion so good for you. KillZone 1 got a 6.9 (I see what you tried to do there by not mentioning the actual score and just saying it was in the 6s) and Resident Evil 4 on the Wii will be a shadow of the Resident Evils on the HD twins. I also like how you avoided Ubisofts track record which will also be irrelevant because Prince of Persia on the Will will also be a mere shadow of what they are on the HD twins. Have a Nice Day
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 foxhound_fox

I think new IP's.Didnt Nintendo publish Eternal Darkness? I think they did... I'm not talking about them selling the most consoles.I'm saying they STILL ARE THE BEST DEVELOPERS AROUND BY A VERY LONG MILE.

charizard1605

Publishing a game means you paid the developer money to put their game onto the shelf at the store. It does not necessarily mean you had any input whatsoever to what is contained in the game, or that you were involved in its design or programming. Eternal Darkness is a Silicon Knights game, not Nintendo. Big difference between developing and publishing.

And you last point is purely your opinion. You seem to think it is a fact, when clearly it is not. They really haven't moved beyond what works with their internally developed games, and seem to do a lot of outsourcing to other developers (i.e. Retro for Metroid Prime). It makes me lose confidence in Nintendo as a developer when they have to rely on outside developers to do their work for them, and then they buy up that developer so they make all the money and fame off the developer's hard work.

Eraphiron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Eraphiron
Member since 2010 • 569 Posts

I didn't know Nintendo was gone.

But the Media Summit was great, and E3 is coming closer!

standarddamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#48 standarddamage
Member since 2006 • 1143 Posts

charizard1605

They did. It was originally a N64 project that they moved over to the Cube, and was supposed to the first in a long line of Mature gamespublished by Nintendo. After Eternal Darkness, Nintendo killed the project for whatever reason. Probably sales combined with the loss of the "family friendly" image.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#49 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts
Nintendo never left, and if you are looking for an industry standpoint, it's the HD consoles that left.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

foxhound_fox

Publishing a game means you paid the developer money to put their game onto the shelf at the store. It does not necessarily mean you had any input whatsoever to what is contained in the game, or that you were involved in its design or programming. Eternal Darkness is a Silicon Knights game, not Nintendo.>

In truth they both worked together on the title. So much so that the CEO of Silicon Knights is not sure who owns the IP them or Nintendo.