Nintendo Hasn't Abandoned Core Gamers Says Pachter

• 130 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ng1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ng1234
Member since 2007 • 596 Posts

Nintendo hasn't abandoned Core Gamers.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5030247/pachter-says-nintendo-hasnt-abandoned-core-gamers

I allready said this before, people have been over reacting and exaggerating about Nintendo's E3 conference. They are still focusing more on hardcore gamers then they do on casual gamers.

Adonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Adonymous
Member since 2008 • 1664 Posts

lol Nintendo?...hmm...doesn't ring a bell.

Bazfrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bazfrag
Member since 2004 • 2217 Posts

Really?? Cuz i have owned a nes, snes, n64, and gamecube, and i have no desire to buy a wii.

They have'nt abondoned core gamers, they insult them with every new announcement. For Shame.

Wait until TGS where they will unveil a new Mario, where there are no possible ways to fall, fail a stage, or be hurt, and can be completed by hanging your wiimote around your cats neck.

Or how about a new F-zero where there are casual friendly barriers so you cannot crash? Or Pikmin where up to 5 pikmin can follow Olimar around (dont want to make it too complicated or people might cry)

NielsNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NielsNL
Member since 2005 • 4346 Posts

If you really don't see that Nintendo is going for the big, easy bucks by focusing on casuals / non gamers, you're beyond help.

And that article sucks. Its title suggests thatthis guy doesn't think Nintendo abandoned its core gamers, but then the text states quotes of his that seem to suggest that he does think that.

kergon07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kergon07
Member since 2008 • 70 Posts
İ feel sorry for you TC. I mean cant tou see they dont care for the real gamers anymore
Nitro720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Nitro720
Member since 2006 • 662 Posts
I really beg to differ. TC
NielsNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NielsNL

Really?? Cuz i have owned a nes, snes, n64, and gamecube, and i have no desire to buy a wii.

They have'nt abondoned core gamers, they insult them with every new announcement. For Shame.

Bazfrag

So the fact that this guy is saying this, says more about what Nintendo's doing to its core than what some random analyst says. The only thing the analyst says is that he doesn't feel that not announcing certain games is abandoning the core. Not much of an argument there.

ng1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ng1234

If you really don't see that Nintendo is going for the big, easy bucks by focusing on casuals / non gamers, you're beyond help.

And that article sucks. Its title suggests thatthis guy doesn't think Nintendo abandoned its core gamers, but then the text states quotes of his that seem to suggest that he does think that.

NielsNL

Fatal Frame, Disaster: Day of Crisis, De Blob, Conduit, Mad World and Animal Crossing are signs that Wii has still plenty of good software for the core gamer. If you can't really see that, you're beyond help.

Blackfriend8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Blackfriend8
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts
there are no future wii games im looking forward to just a bunch of casual crap.
Bazfrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bazfrag

I just want more Mario Galaxy, and less (i.e NONE) Big beach Sports. Hear me Nintendo?????

Idiots will buy anything they see on t.v....

SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SpinoRaptor
Member since 2006 • 2419 Posts
Wii music anyone?
NielsNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NielsNL
[QUOTE="NielsNL"]

ng1234

Fatal Frame, Disaster: Day of Crisis, De Blob, Conduit, Mad World and Animal Crossing are signs that Wii has still plenty of good software for the core gamer. If you can't really see that, you're beyond help.

Where do I say that Wii doesn't have any games appealing to the core gamer? I'm saying Nintendo doesn't care about the core gamer, and the fact that this list of yours consists only of 3rd party games (I think), is actually proving that point.

ng1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ng1234
[QUOTE="ng1234"][QUOTE="NielsNL"]

NielsNL

Where do I say that Wii doesn't have any games appealing to the core gamer? I'm saying Nintendo doesn't care about the core gamer, and the fact that this list of yours consists only of 3rd party games (I think), is actually proving that point.

AC and DDC are first party.

WhatTheDunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WhatTheDunk
Member since 2008 • 338 Posts

Nintendo focuses more on hardcore game? This picture says otherwise!

WhatTheDunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WhatTheDunk
Member since 2008 • 338 Posts
[QUOTE="NielsNL"]

ng1234

Animal Crossing? I lol'd

falconzss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 falconzss
Member since 2005 • 755 Posts

Wait until TGS where they will unveil a new Mario, where there are no possible ways to fall, fail a stage, or be hurt, and can be completed by hanging your wiimote around your cats neck.

Or how about a new F-zero where there are casual friendly barriers so you cannot crash? Or Pikmin where up to 5 pikmin can follow Olimar around (dont want to make it too complicated or people might cry)

Bazfrag

awesome! this concludes what i think right now.

ng1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ng1234

Just because his age is old, it automaticly means he can't be a hardcore gamer? :roll:

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
Took them THAT long to come out with this? Nope, nintendo has abandonned whatever hardcore remnant left over from last gen and before.
NielsNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NielsNL

Just because his age is old, it automaticly means he can't be a hardcore gamer? :roll:

ng1234

LOL!!!!!

I'm pretty sure he's not what we'd consider a hardcore gamer.

tonythestudent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tonythestudent
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts
Course they are, please don't kid yourself into thinking that Nintendo is still focused on the hardcore gamer. It's plain for everyone to see.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
I actually agree with Pachter this time, I still se Wii catering to the veteran Nintendo gamers. I mean you still get Mario titles and Zelda titles etc etc and you will carry on getting these titles that Nintendo are well known for. I think people are just annoyed that Nintendo want to expand its business to the casual market and not only cater to the hardcore.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Geeze some people need to understand the difference between "abandoning" and "pleasing both sides". Nintendo have a perfect 50/50 balance for the end of the year, one "hardcore" game in Warioland, one casual in Wii music and then an in between game in Animal Crossing. Plus they are publishing Fatal Frame 4 for "teh hardcore" as well, so really there are still more hardcore games than casual ones. I personally don't know what everyone is complaining about...
PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts
No, they haven't abandoned the core gamer. Just as I didn't "abandon" my past girlfriend. I just stopped calling her. Quilt
hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
Patcher and Nintendo can go and screw themselves. I've always liked Nintendo, but this generation I'm liking them less and less everyday.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Yeah they said that at E3 then treated core gamers with a pictures of Link, Mario and Samus.

Very rewarding.

Casuals are a first priority, they are the majority of the userbase.

Live with it.

Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
yeah
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
I'd rather they show us then tell us. Reggie also told us we should be satisfied because we're getting Animal Crossing City Folk. What a joke
DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts
Pachter figures that the Big N will pull in some $3.9 billion for the quarter, adding up to a $17.7 billion take for the entire year. If Nintendo has indeed abandoned the core, who could blame 'em? That's "f*** you" money, right there.Kotaku

lol
sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts

Michael Pachter says that Nintendo hasn't abandoned the core gamer.

Michael Pachter is always wrong.

Therefore, Nintendo has abandoned the core gamer.

The proof is clear as day.

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts
"The "core" may still be hanging its head, waking up in cold sweats to the sound of Wii Music clanging through their heads, but that doesn't mean Nintendo isn't doing spectacularly on the financial side.

Pachter figures that the Big N will pull in some $3.9 billion for the quarter, adding up to a $17.7 billion take for the entire year. If Nintendo has indeed abandoned the core, who could blame 'em? That's "**** you" money, right there."

So Patcher says don't worry all you hardcore gamers.......look at Nintendos WALLET!!!!! They are making a ton of money, rejoice.......oh wait, he actually forgot to show actual GAMES that prove they haven't dropped support. Anyone taking this guy seriously is a die hard sheep.

Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Stonin
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts
It's true they haven't abandoned them....they have just relegated them to table scraps while they fill their coffers elsewhere. Don't worry though, they still plan to chuck out some more Mario and Zelda sometime in the distant future.
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 darthogre

I actually agree with Pachter this time, I still se Wii catering to the veteran Nintendo gamers. I mean you still get Mario titles and Zelda titles etc etc and you will carry on getting these titles that Nintendo are well known for. I think people are just annoyed that Nintendo want to expand its business to the casual market and not only cater to the hardcore.Swift_Boss_A

The problem is Patcher's whole point from that story is, dont' worry because Nintendo is getting rich. What they heck does that have to do with giving core gamers somethign to play? This guy is drinking the koolaid. I admit as a BUSINESS Nintendo is doing terrific. As a game console for gamers, in my opinon (as well as many others apparently) no.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts
yes they have
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#34 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts

Kirby, Pikmin, Zelda, Kid Icarus, Mario, Star Fox confirmatons

Ignore this post =

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

"Pachter figures that the Big N will pull in some $3.9 billion for the quarter, adding up to a $17.7 billion take for the entire year. If Nintendo has indeed abandoned the core, who could blame 'em? That's "f*** you" money, right there."

Haha. Nice way to end the article. Kotaku sure thinks they did

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 crunchUK
Member since 2007 • 3050 Posts
:| we're an afterthought now
Bazfrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bazfrag
:| we're an afterthought nowcrunchUK
If Sony and Ms go the same way next gen, after sniffing the $$$, then i will be a pc gamer exclusively.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Ignore this post =

air_wolf_cubed

He speaks the truth!

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 crunchUK
Member since 2007 • 3050 Posts
that pea dying is very saddening :(
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 darthogre

Ignore this post =

air_wolf_cubed

so all they have to do is SAY they are working on "stuff" and that's good enough for you people? Heck why do they even go to conferences or have shows if all you people need is a "we are working on zelda, mario, pikmin, star fox, donkey kong, metriod, and Kid Icarus". That way it saves sheep kleenex next time.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 air_wolf_cubed
[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]

Ignore this post =

darthogre

so all they have to do is SAY they are working on "stuff" and that's good enough for you people? Heck why do they even go to conferences or have shows if all you people need is a "we are working on zelda, mario, pikmin, star fox, donkey kong, metriod, and Kid Icarus". That way it saves sheep kleenex next time.

Um actually yeah. No trailers =/= doesnt exist. Making trailers does take time out of development you know
sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#42 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts

Ignore this post = DAMAGE CONTROL

air_wolf_cubed

So those games are coming this holiday season, right? That's awesome.

Wait, they aren't? We don't even know when they're coming?

:?

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
I didn't expect E3 to be geared to the hardcore but the reaction is more than i expected. it's funny to think that ppl actually believe new core titles aren't on the way or will be totally "casualized". I don't see that happening.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 air_wolf_cubed
[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]

sonicmj1

Damage Control

Doesnt matter. We still get Wario Land and possibly Fatal Frame 4 this holiday. Plus a whole slew of 3rd party games

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts

lol pokimon and kirby are for core gamers now. lol i guess barbie be on that list to. they should just make a rainbow bright game wile there at it.

kid icuris i hope is good because i like the nes one. star fox hope they do a better job this time around he a cool caracter.

lol pokimon and kirby im still laughing at that.

-hells-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 -hells-
Member since 2008 • 1027 Posts

I have decided one thing .Whenever I see someone supporting the wii or someone who only owns a wii for gaming.I wont comment on the topic at all .I will just say one thing.And here it is

"I feel sorry for you tc"

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 air_wolf_cubed

lol pokimon and kirby are for core gamers now. lol i guess barbie be on that list to. they should just make a rainbow bright game wile there at it.

kid icuris i hope is good because i like the nes one. star fox hope they do a better job this time around he a cool caracter.

lol pokimon and kirby im still laughing at that.

GARRYTH
ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ikwal
Member since 2004 • 1600 Posts
Pachter is a jackass who don't know anything about gaming. He also said that the Nintendo E3 conference gave hardcore fans what they wanted...
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 darthogre
[QUOTE="sonicmj1"][QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]

air_wolf_cubed

Damage Control

Doesnt matter. We still get Wario Land and possibly Fatal Frame 4 this holiday. Plus a whole slew of 3rd party games

That was the very defintion of DAMAGE CONTROL. When you start it off by saying "doesn't matter". It clearly DOES matter or people wouldn't be up in arms over it. Right now you dont' even have a guestimate for those supposed titles in the works. It could be 2010.......congrats, you sheep have taken the "just wait" title from cows.

NielsNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NielsNL

Ignore this post =

air_wolf_cubed

Dare I say it?