Nintendo: Go iOS, or Go Home.

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

The install base of iOS products is about half a billion and a lot of those people are made up of casuals who can become potential gamers. Since the install base is so large Nintendo wouldn't need to price their games at $50-60. They could easily price their games at $9.99 and millions of people would buy them. Not to mention Nintendo would save money on manufacturing costs since it would be 100% digital.

Why is Nintendo so reluctant to go IOS exclusive? They would easily sell more games on IOS devices than on their own Nintendo brand devices. Just about everyone who bought a 3DS/Wii U already own some kind of IOS device.

Casuals will never come back to dedicated consoles, Apple owns that market now. The people who bought the 3DS/2DS only did so because those games aren't on their IOS devices. Trust me people don't want to have to bring two devices with them. They would rather have one device that does it all.

Nintendo is irrelevant when it comes to home consoles. Nobody wants the Wii U. Nintendo needs to drop their pride and go after that IOS market. Nintendo would dominate like they did back in the day if they went IOS exclusive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

lol

EDIT: Why just restrict this to Nintendo? The same arguments apply to Sony and Microsoft too. Everybody should develop exclusively for iOS! #ThankYouBasedApple

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@emgesp:

OK, I love Apple. However, iOS (as awesome as it is) is not the biggest mobile device OS - Android is.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

But the 3DS is doing well, why should they go iOS?

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#5 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Worms certainly are the most lolz worthy of the fanboys.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 emgesp

@charizard1605 said:

lol

EDIT: Why just restrict this to Nintendo? The same arguments apply to Sony and Microsoft too. Everybody should develop exclusively for iOS! #ThankYouBasedApple

Different audiences. Sony doesn't have any issues selling PS4 hardware. Hardcore gamers won't switch to IOS devices to play games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@emgesp said:

@charizard1605 said:

lol

Different audiences. Sony doesn't have any issues selling PS4 hardware. Hardcore gamers won't switch to IOS devices to play games.

Nintendo doesn't have any problems shifting 3DS hardware. What now?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 emgesp

@EZs said:

Sure the 3DS is doing well, but unfortunately it's picking up the slack for the Wii U. They need to drop the Wii U and their handhelds and just go straight up IOS. People don't want Nintendo's home consoles anymore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@emgesp said:

@EZs said:

Sure the 3DS is doing well, but unfortunately it's picking up the slack for the Wii U. They need to drop the Wii U and their handhelds and just go straight up IOS. People don't want Nintendo's home consoles anymore.

Why do they need to drop handhelds? You're not making any sense at all.

The Vita is bombing worse than the Wii U, last we heard. Should Sony drop their consoles and handhelds and go iOS too? Because it's clear the PS4 is picking up the slack for Vita too.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By emgesp

@charizard1605 said:

@emgesp said:

@charizard1605 said:

lol

Sure, the 3DS is selling, but guess what. There are 500 million ios devices out in the wild right now. Nintendo would be way more successful simply being a software developer on IOS. Unfortunately, their pride is getting in the way of that. Again, nobody wants the Wii U. All those people who bought a 3DS would be more than happy to play those same games on an IOS device.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

I'm okay with this as long as the Android peasants get shafted like they always do.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 emgesp

@bbkkristian said:

Worms certainly are the most lolz worthy of the fanboys.

I'm actually a Nintendo, Sony and Apple fan.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 emgesp

@charizard1605 said:

@emgesp said:

@EZs said:

The Vita is bombing worse than the Wii U, last we heard. Should Sony drop their consoles and handhelds and go iOS too? Because it's clear the PS4 is picking up the slack for Vita too.

Sony should drop the Vita and put all their future handheld titles on IOS. They should also release some of their classic games for IOS as well.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@emgesp said:

@charizard1605 said:

@emgesp said:

@charizard1605 said:

lol

All those people who bought a 3DS would be more than happy to play those same games on an IOS device.

You keep on telling yourself that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@emgesp said:

@EZs said:

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

lol

How does it apply to MS? They don't have a portable unless you include Windows Phone, which is connected to XBLA games that are already $9.99.

Now the Vita is a different story, although it does have PS minis, sony should push that ore so the casuals know.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Lol apple fan boys desperate for real games. If iOS was such a great platform you wouldn't need Nintendo's help.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 emgesp

@inb4uall said:

Lol apple fan boys desperate for real games. If iOS was such a great platform you wouldn't need Nintendo's help.

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@emgesp said:

@charizard1605 said:

@emgesp said:

@charizard1605 said:

lol

All those people who bought a 3DS would be more than happy to play those same games on an IOS device.

It's true. Go ask any person who owns a 3DS and Apple IOS device if he/she wished all those Nintendo games came out for their Apple device.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By inb4uall

@emgesp: I have a mac book pro, iPhone 4s and a 3DS XL. I defiantly don't want my 3ds games on iphone. Phone games control terribly.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@emgesp said:

@inb4uall said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@emgesp said:

@charizard1605 said:

@emgesp said:

@charizard1605 said:

lol

It's true. Go ask any person who owns a 3DS and Apple IOS device if he/she wished all those Nintendo games came out for their Apple device.

I'm one of those people. You can just ask me... The answer is hell no. I would hate to have to control any 3DS game with tocuh only controls.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 emgesp

@inb4uall said:

@emgesp: I have a mac book pro, iPhone 4s and a 3DS XL. I defiantly don't want my 3ds games on iphone. Phone games control terribly.

Controllers will eventually come to IOS devices, especially if Nintendo started releasing games for it. It could be something as simple as an attachment to the device that works via bluetooth.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By emgesp

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@emgesp said:

@inb4uall said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@emgesp said:

@charizard1605 said:

@emgesp said:

@charizard1605 said:

lol

I'm one of those people. You can just ask me... The answer is hell no. I would hate to have to control any 3DS game with tocuh only controls.

Again, Nintendo could make a controller attachment for an I Phone.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By inb4uall

@emgesp: why would I want to carry around an inferior Bluetooth controller when i could just carry my 3DS.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

When will people realize that gaming without buttons is an absolutely horrendous experience.

No thanks.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18254 Posts

Lol, a worm in SW, that's kind of funny to see...kind of.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 emgesp

@inb4uall said:

@emgesp: why would I want to carry around an inferior Bluetooth controller when i could just carry my 3DS.

One device that does it all instead of having to carry two separate devices. We are talking mobile here.

Here's an even better looking controller attachment.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

Sean Malstrom said it best, why should anyone want Nintendo to drop out of a Market that they're successful on?

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sHaDyCuBe321

@emgesp said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@emgesp said:

@inb4uall said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@emgesp said:

@charizard1605 said:

@emgesp said:

@charizard1605 said:

lol

LMAO. No I'm good with my iPhone and 3DS

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 emgesp

@Shottayouth13- said:

When will people realize that gaming without buttons is an absolutely horrendous experience.

No thanks.

That excuse is losing its ground as controller attachments with physical buttons and sticks are being made.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 inb4uall

@emgesp: then they would have to make hardware which was one if your dissadvantages they currently have. Why not stick with the current situation.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By emgesp

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@emgesp said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@emgesp said:

@inb4uall said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@emgesp said:

@charizard1605 said:

@emgesp said:

@charizard1605 said:

lol

Yeah, because this looks so much better. "Sigh"

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321

@emgesp said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@emgesp said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@emgesp said:

@inb4uall said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@emgesp said:

@charizard1605 said:

@emgesp said:

@charizard1605 said:

lol

That's not what my 3ds Xl looks like.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 emgesp

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@emgesp said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@emgesp said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@emgesp said:

@inb4uall said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@emgesp said:

@charizard1605 said:

@emgesp said:

@charizard1605 said:

lol

That's not what my 3ds Xl looks like.

Then you obviously don't own a Circle Pad Pro. Which means have fun playing first person shooters on that device.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By inb4uall

@emgesp: Ohh so your problem is looking good while playing games? Lmfao! #dealwithit. Things aren't changing.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Shottayouth13-

@emgesp said:

@Shottayouth13- said:

No thanks.

That excuse is losing its ground as controller attachments with physical buttons and sticks are being made.

Or you know, just continue making handhelds with buttons which they're already doing and have great success at.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By emgesp

@inb4uall said:

@emgesp: Ohh so your problem is looking good while playing games? Lmfao! #dealwithit. Things aren't changing.

No, that has nothing to do with it. Other people were acting like the 3DS XL is this super slim and easily pocketable device. The thing is a monstrosity when you add a Circle Pad Pro.

An IPhone with a controller attachment will be smaller than a 3DS XL with Circle Pad Pro.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 inb4uall

@emgesp: why the help do I need a CCP? I don't even own one.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By emgesp

@inb4uall said:

@emgesp: why the help do I need a CCP? I don't even own one.

So you can play third person shooters and first person shooters with accuracy. Playing Resident Evil, or Metal Gear without a 2nd Circle Pad is basically unplayable.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Nintendo is selling astronomical amounts of 3DS hardware currently. Why the **** would they want to go mobile?

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 inb4uall

@emgesp: far more playable then iOS games.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By emgesp

@Zophar87 said:

Nintendo is selling astronomical amounts of 3DS hardware currently. Why the **** would they want to go mobile?

Because there are far more IOS devices sold than 3DS consoles. The 3DS has 30 million units sold. There are around 500 million IOS devices and most of them are powerful enough to handle Nintendo games. More customers equals higher revenue. Just needs a simple controller add-on and everything will be smooth sailing from there.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shottayouth13-

@emgesp said:

@Zophar87 said:

Because there are far more IOS devices sold than 3DS consoles. The 3DS has 30 million units sold. There are around 500 million IOS devices and most of them are powerful enough to handle Nintendo games. More customers equals higher revenue. Just needs a simple controller add-on and everything will be smooth sailing from there.

With that logic, Microsoft and Sony should jump ship to iOS too. Why exclude them?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 emgesp

@Desmonic said:

@madsnakehhh said:

Lol, a worm in SW, that's kind of funny to see...kind of.

I'd say it's a rare occasion that merits some celebration*!

*aka destroying the sh!t out of his/her argument instantly XD

I'm a Nintendo and Sony fan smart guy.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 emgesp

@Desmonic said:

@emgesp said:

I'm a Nintendo and Sony fan smart guy.

Yeah, sure. Whatever makes you happy ;)

Ummm, I can prove it buddy. Do you need to see my collection?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By emgesp

@Shottayouth13- said:

@emgesp said:

@Zophar87 said:

With that logic, Microsoft and Sony should jump ship to iOS too. Why exclude them?

Sony should release some of their classic titles on IOS devices and should just axe the Vita. Just release Vita games on IOS instead. Sony is doing fine when it comes to the hardcore gamer base so there is no need for Sony to drop out of the home console business. The same can be said about the Xbox as well.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By emgesp

@Desmonic said:

@emgesp said:

Ummm, I can prove it buddy. Do you need to see my collection?

If you must, go ahead. No really, knock yourself out! ;)

OK, I'll go take a picture of my consoles and then we can move on from here.