Ninja Gaiden > God of War

• 150 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jenova_Flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jenova_Flare
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

The precision required in Ninja Gaiden due to its difficulty actually forces you to become a better player, whereas God Of War's controls are sluggish, blocking is pretty poor, and often your combos tail off and leave you open for attack. Ninja Gaiden requires patience, and often I find that God Of War is just frustrating. I just wish the same production efforts were put into NG in terms of music and story. Obviously the graphics can only be as good as they can be to be able to afford the 60fps, but its music, story and voicework could use work. Also, Rachel is a **** character, she looks ridiculous and I just thought she was a tough ***** who turned out to be a weak *****.

Decko5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Decko5
Member since 2004 • 9428 Posts

yeah i agree

im playing god of war 2 right now

and

ninja gaiden is just so much better.

i like the story in god of war though.

jfkunrendered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 jfkunrendered
Member since 2005 • 8298 Posts
I like both of them. I do think NG is better though...
fet11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fet11
Member since 2002 • 172 Posts
You got your topic mixed up.
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
Opinions. I prefer God of War because it makes me feel powerful. And I find it's simply more fun to play, and it has a kick ass greek myth story.
Decko5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Decko5

Opinions. I prefer God of War because it makes me feel powerful. And I find it's simply more fun to play, and it has a kick ass greek myth story.thrones

its fun but it sucks when you do a combo and it just continues leaving you open to an attack. the camera also sucks

ninja gaiden is just a lot more smooth.

donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 donwoogie
Member since 2004 • 3707 Posts
Dunno if NG is better. I rate them equally. Thing with NG is that, the constant fighting just gets a bit dull after a while. God of War has puzzles and minigames mixed in to keep things fresh and give a break from the constant killing. And the Boss fights in God of War are immense.
bstarter29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 bstarter29
Member since 2006 • 2339 Posts

I played Ninja Gaiden, and honestly don't see why everyone considers it the definitive action game. Sure it may be harder, and require more precision than God of War, but all you have to do in GoW is turn up the difficulty, and wa la, no more button-mashing. Even if NG's gameplay is better, it's atrocious story, awful music, uniteresting characters, terrible VA, and only decent graphics completely fail in comparison to God of War. I find God of War's gameplay much more entertaining anf fun than NG's, but that's me.

Decko5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Decko5

Dunno if NG is better. I rate them equally. Thing with NG is that, the constant fighting just gets a bit dull after a while. God of War has puzzles and minigames mixed in to keep things fresh and give a break from the constant killing. And the Boss fights in God of War are immense.donwoogie

a ninja gaiden boss is WAYYYY more hard than a GOW boss.

Decko5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Decko5
that opening level in god of war was DOPE!
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

Ninja Gaiden is a hardcore game due to its difficulty.

God Of War is for everyone because it's easy to pick up.

That's why God Of War is more popular overall.....it appeals to more gamers because it's less difficult. So your opinion that Ninja Gaiden > God Of War is probably in the minority.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thrones

Ninja Gaiden is a hardcore game due to its difficulty.

God Of War is for everyone because it's easy to pick up.

That's why God Of War is more popular overall.....it appeals to more gamers because it's less difficult. So your opinion that Ninja Gaiden > God Of War is probably in the minority.

darthogre

This. I'm good at shooters and RTS/RPGs so I like them difficult..with action games, I'm not so good so the instant satisfaction from God of War makes :D for me.

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts
It depends really. I think Ninja Gaiden depends more on the core hardcore game mechanics. Having to totally master Ryu in order to get far in the game. However, GoW is just more epic. Everything about it screams epic, and it's an overall better experiance for me. However, Ninja Gaiden is also up there too.
Avatar image for Kritical_Strike
Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Kritical_Strike
Member since 2006 • 4123 Posts

Yes yes we've been over this many times. It's all about personal preference.

(on a side note the NG series has scored higher than the GoW series, so in terms of scores alone (on GR) NG is better)

dgo71102244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dgo71102244
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts
ughhh Ninja gaiden obliterates god of war

god of war feels to slow and repetitive and the story is annoying to me a I have studied Greek mythology and the story felt like they just got a couple of famous names and throw them in at random.
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts
A lot of people don't even think Ninja Gaiden is fun because of teh difficulty and teh hardcoreness. I think it's alright, just alright
Drizzt13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Drizzt13
Member since 2005 • 1676 Posts
I disagree.
Dstorm09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dstorm09
Member since 2003 • 147 Posts

Way to make crap up just to support your pathetic argument. Try playing God of War before passing judgment. BTW, your avatar definitely gives you a lot of credibility in your post. ./sarcasm

EDIT*Sorry!!! Quoted the wrong person... (stupid mistake, my bad) I meant to quote the guy above you with the NG avatar.

joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
i prefer GOW. But NG is also a great game.
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 darthogre

ughhh Ninja gaiden obliterates god of war

god of war feels to slow and repetitive and the story is annoying to me a I have studied Greek mythology and the story felt like they just got a couple of famous names and throw them in at random.dgo71102244

I'm sorry but the fact you use part of your studies of Greek Mythology as a reason to not like God Of War makes me want to laugh. That's like saying I stuidied Ninjisu and I felt they took a couple of famous weapons and created a unreal depiction lol.

jfkunrendered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 jfkunrendered
Member since 2005 • 8298 Posts

[QUOTE="f50p90"]A lot of people don't even think Ninja Gaiden is fun because of teh difficulty and teh hardcoreness. I think it's alright, just alrightDstorm09

Way to make crap up just to support your pathetic argument. Try playing God of War before passing judgment. BTW, your avatar definitely gives you a lot of credibility in your post. ./sarcasm

lol, wut? That doesnt make any sense. He said GoW>NG...WHAT???!!!

samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts

[QUOTE="f50p90"]A lot of people don't even think Ninja Gaiden is fun because of teh difficulty and teh hardcoreness. I think it's alright, just alrightDstorm09

at least he has one ¬_¬

Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kritical_Strike

I played Ninja Gaiden, and honestly don't see why everyone considers it the definitive action game. Sure it may be harder, and require more precision than God of War, but all you have to do in GoW is turn up the difficulty, and wa la, no more button-mashing. Even if NG's gameplay is better, it's atrocious story, awful music, uniteresting characters, terrible VA, and only decent graphics completely fail in comparison to God of War. I find God of War's gameplay much more entertaining anf fun than NG's, but that's me.

bstarter29

Actually, playing GoW on God Mode is not much harder than NORMAL mode on NG...

The combat is deeper, i.e. LESS simple, that is what grants it critical praise

liberty71441

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 liberty71441
Member since 2008 • 705 Posts
The reason why so many people hate o NG is the fact that you have to learn to play the game until you get good at it but in games like GoW you can just run and press the same button. Another reason is if you get good enough you can avoid every attack in the game unlike GoW were the bosses cheats on you constantly.

NG is actually easier if you learn to control it, the gameplay is very fluid and fast.
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thrones
[QUOTE="bstarter29"]

Kritical_Strike

Never knew simplicity was bad. Ah well, I guess games like World in Conflict fail, we all have to play any game in the 4X genre then as they're obviously the best because they're more complex :|

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts

Way to make crap up? Go read some player reviews. My friend had sigma and sold it because it was too hard. I only played it at his house and thought it was alright, didn't make me want to go out and buy it.

If its too hard then its a chore and its not fun, who is being a fanboy. I didn't even talk about God of War?

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

A game is only as hard as you make it.

I prefer God of War to Ninja Gaiden IMO

Its more fun.:P

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

I'm a huge Ninja Gaiden fan I bought it for Xbox and I bought Sigma for PS3, but I have to say God of War.

God of War is far more epic, creative and just all around more fun than Ninja Gaiden. Ninja Gaiden is awesome, but God of War is in a class all by itself.

PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts

Both very fine games.

I slightly prefer Ninja Gaiden though.

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 darthogre

I don't understand your comment. How do you know it's made up? Not one of my friends or family who play games like Ninja Gaiden BECAUSE it's too difficult. I'm sorry if reality displeases you but MOST gamers like the button mashing. It's a run and gun mentaility....why do you think Halo or FPS are so popular to begin with? And I'm not talking about the Wii casual crowd....they are a whole nother catagory. These are gamers who are not hardcore and prefer to have fun just playing rather than having to perfect moves as is required in Ninja Gaiden.

dgo71102244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dgo71102244
i prefer ninja gaiden , because unlike god of war i cant just tape a rock on the gamepad a hope the button.mash win the day for me
Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kritical_Strike
[QUOTE="Kritical_Strike"][QUOTE="bstarter29"]

thrones

Never knew simplicity was bad. Ah well, I guess games like World in Conflict fail, we all have to play any game in the 4X genre then as they're obviously the best because they're more complex :|

ARGH! Stop putting words into my mouth, they taste disgusting....

I'm saying NG's complexity is what makes it good, I never said something that is simple is necessarily bad now did I?

GoW is kinda like the ying to NG's yang (if that makes sense) they both have totally different philosophies and they both work out brilliantly. NG is less accessible because of its difficulty and the way it forces you to learn the combat mechanices to a high degree.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thrones

i prefer ninja gaiden , because unlike god of war i cant just tape a rock on the gamepad a hope the button.mash win the day for medgo71102244

You can't do that in god of war either :| You button mash alot, but anything above normal difficulty you have to think abit more. Difficulty does not equal a good game, by the way.

dgo71102244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dgo71102244

[QUOTE="dgo71102244"]i prefer ninja gaiden , because unlike god of war i cant just tape a rock on the gamepad a hope the button.mash win the day for methrones

You can't do that in god of war either :| You button mash alot, but anything above normal difficulty you have to think abit more. Difficulty does not equal a good game, by the way.

yea you have to preess the buttons harder :P even gamespot in the review say is a button-masher

The Bad
  • Combat can occasionally get away from you and feel a tad button-mashy
  • A few janky animations here and there.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/godofwar/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;reviews
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
i prefer ninja gaiden , because unlike god of war i cant just tape a rock on the gamepad a hope the button.mash win the day for medgo71102244
this makes me laugh everytime. if you like playing this way go ahead but most of us use the combos that are giving to us. rock on the game pad you die so quick with the cyclops. i like to see you play that game with out blocking once.
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 thrones
[QUOTE="thrones"]

[QUOTE="dgo71102244"]i prefer ninja gaiden , because unlike god of war i cant just tape a rock on the gamepad a hope the button.mash win the day for medgo71102244

yea you have to preess the buttons harder :P even gamespot in the review say is a button-masher

The Bad

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/godofwar/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;reviews

Someone never played on Titan difficulty level :|

Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kritical_Strike
[QUOTE="dgo71102244"][QUOTE="thrones"]

[QUOTE="dgo71102244"]i prefer ninja gaiden , because unlike god of war i cant just tape a rock on the gamepad a hope the button.mash win the day for methrones

The Bad

Even on Titan Mode (I've played and beaten it) it isn't as hard as NG can be. Someone hasn't even tried NG on Master Ninja mode :|

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 thrones
[QUOTE="thrones"][QUOTE="dgo71102244"][QUOTE="thrones"]

[QUOTE="dgo71102244"]i prefer ninja gaiden , because unlike god of war i cant just tape a rock on the gamepad a hope the button.mash win the day for meKritical_Strike

The Bad

Even on Titan Mode (I've played and beaten it) it isn't as hard as NG can be. Someone hasn't even tried NG on Master Ninja mode :|

Christ no, I never even did Ninja Gaiden Sigma past normal,. Past the first few levels. It got frustrating. To say the least.

Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kritical_Strike
[QUOTE="Kritical_Strike"][QUOTE="thrones"][QUOTE="dgo71102244"][QUOTE="thrones"]

The Bad

Christ no, I never even did Ninja Gaiden Sigma past normal,. Past the first few levels. It got frustrating. To say the least.

I'm not going to patronize you for quitting, because frankly I don't blame you, because it gets DAMN hard especially for beginners. The thing with NG is that it gets really fun once you practice enough to get good. The problem is most gamers don't bother to do the latter.

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
I can't really relate here. I haven't played any God of War game, and none of the new Ninja Gaidens. I loved the old school Ninja Gaiden.
Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kritical_Strike

He never said you could go thru it mashing buttons, you did. And your statement makes me really wonder if you've ever played God of War, it's far from a button masher. Infact quite a few creatures you cant kill without using the right combos.

EmperorSupreme

If there is any game in this genre that is a buttonmasher, it would be GoW. When something is a "buttonmasher" it doesn't necessarily mean that it has to require NOTHING but buttonmashing, it just means that in quite a few instances in the game, you can literally mash T and S at random intervals and beat an enemy. Some enemies require blocking/dodging but you are never forced to use a specific combo.

dgo71102244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dgo71102244
[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]

He never said you could go thru it mashing buttons, you did. And your statement makes me really wonder if you've ever played God of War, it's far from a button masher. Infact quite a few creatures you cant kill without using the right combos.

Kritical_Strike

If there is any game in this genre that is a buttonmasher, it would be GoW. When something is a "buttonmasher" it doesn't necessarily mean that it has to require NOTHING but buttonmashing, it just means that in quite a few instances in the game, you can literally mash T and S at random intervals and beat an enemy. Some enemies require blocking/dodging but you are never forced to use a specific combo.

yes, god of war is a mindless button smasher for casuals gamers Is good but ninja gaiden is leagues ahead in terms of graphics ,lenght, gameplay , weapones, bosses etc.
Dante865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dante865
Member since 2005 • 4196 Posts

NG just isn't my type of game - but then again you are comparing 2 different exclusives from Sony and Microsoft

So obviously Cows and Lemms will root for their exclusive

I have only played the Sigma demo for the PS3, i thought it was pretty decent but i'll stick to my God of War

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 EmperorSupreme
[QUOTE="Kritical_Strike"][QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]

dgo71102244

yes, god of war is a mindless button smasher for casuals gamers Is good but ninja gaiden is leagues ahead in terms of graphics ,lenght, gameplay , weapones, bosses etc.

I'm surprised anyone would say Ninja Gaiden has better bosses or graphics. Comparing Ninja Gaiden on Xbox to God of War2, God of War hands down has better bosses and graphics.

I find it funny that a few of the NG fans think of themselves as elitists. every other game that isn't as hard is for casuals and is a button masher. That is so far from the truth it's ridiculous. God of War is far from a button masher, I can think of quite a few games that you can clear mashing buttons. God of War isn't one that comes to mind although parts of it you can, but that is true with Ninja Gaiden as well.

Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Kritical_Strike
[QUOTE="dgo71102244"][QUOTE="Kritical_Strike"][QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]

EmperorSupreme

I'm surprised anyone would say Ninja Gaiden has better bosses or graphics. Comparing Ninja Gaiden on Xbox to God of War2, God of War hands down has better bosses and graphics.

I find it funny that a few of the NG fans think of themselves as elitists. every other game that isn't as hard is for casuals and is a button masher. That is so far from the truth it's ridiculous. God of War is far from a button masher, I can think of quite a few games that you can clear mashing buttons. God of War isn't one that comes to mind although parts of it you can, but that is true with Ninja Gaiden as well.

You can't buttonmash in NG, EVER.

As to whether NG has better graphics or bosses...it's subjective. NG has WAY better character models, while GoW has better environments. GoW's bosses are few but very epic, while NG's bosses are some of the most challenging and fun bosses to fight IMO. Both are good.

Avatar image for deactivated-59da85d821feb
deactivated-59da85d821feb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-59da85d821feb
Member since 2006 • 2075 Posts
I've never played God of War, but I don't like Ninja Gaiden. I'm not a hardcore gamer, and I don't have enough time to master a game just so I can play through it.... It's too hard IMO, and I bought it off xbox originals and can't return it or sell it :(
dgo71102244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dgo71102244
[QUOTE="dgo71102244"][QUOTE="Kritical_Strike"][QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]

EmperorSupreme

:lol:ninja gaiden is the best looking game on the xbox you cant compare god of war graphics (ps2) with the ninja gaiden graphics (xbox) I`m sorry but god of war is a mindless button smasher even the gamespot review say thta and thats a more realible source than your weak trolling coment, nice try tought
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 EmperorSupreme
[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]

dgo71102244

I`m sorry but god of war is a mindless button smasher even the gamespot review say thta and thats a more realible source than your weak trolling coment, nice try tought

I think you only read the part that fit your argument. From his review "Combat is overly straightforward at times"

Did you miss this? "you hammer on the attack buttons and find yourself making solid progress... Granted, that's only on the bottom two difficulty levels, and you'll more than likely find yourself in grave shape if you try that technique on the higher levels"

Oh "and that's a more reliable source than your weak trolling comment, nice try though"

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

NG was one of my fav games last-gen, it was hard at first but once you got the blocking and rolling down it really isn't that bad, but yes the BOSS fights in NG are way harder than GOW