Ninja Gaiden 2 or Metal Gear Solid 4...Which Sell More in NA

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

catlin_czirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 catlin_czirr
Member since 2007 • 2545 Posts
MGS4 is a system seller title, NG2 is well just another hack and slash game, NG2 will sell about as much as DMC4 did on 360, mabey a little more. Xbox fans love shooters, not hack and slash games.
Avatar image for ---OkeyDokey---
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 ---OkeyDokey---
Member since 2007 • 3318 Posts

Ninja Gaiden black sold 1.5 mil to all the people who think it seold less than 1 mil

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja_gaiden_black

hidys

Yeah, Ninja gaiden, Ninja gaiden black and ninja gaiden sigma put together sold 1.5 million copies.

NG2 is clearly teh MGS killer :lol:

fakecliche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 fakecliche
Member since 2008 • 668 Posts
I'm buying 5 copies of Ninja Gaiden 2 and 1 copy of MGS4, so I'm gonna say Ninja Gaiden 2. :)
CStheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 CStheGreat
Member since 2008 • 705 Posts

I can't believe this is even being disputed, let alone why 34 people voted for NG2.

It's like me asking:

"What will sell more in NA, Gran Turismo 5 or Turok?"

Truth-slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Truth-slayer
Member since 2004 • 2510 Posts
The original Ninja Gaiden didnt do that well on the Xbox. What makes anyone think that it will magically have more appeal even though essentially nothing of the core game has changed? This isnt a knock on NG, because sales are never a reflection of the quality of the game.
Shinobi7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Shinobi7777
Member since 2006 • 1064 Posts

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]is this a joke topic? do you guys have any idea how badly NG on the original xbox sold? MGS2 sold 10x as much as NG on xbox.REforever101

...how many more people had a ps2?

how many of those have a ps3?

it could swing either way

How many people owned a PS2 when MGS 2 came out and sold 7million+? same for NG in Xbox?

Avatar image for RKfromDownunder
RKfromDownunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 RKfromDownunder
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts
[QUOTE="manystylez"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

NG2 in NA and World Wide.

Chutebox

You are the biggest lemming in SW im serious every thread i see you in there bashing ps3 and it's games

Although he is a big one, there are far bigger lemmings here.

Did someone say, REYES360?!

excelR83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 excelR83
Member since 2003 • 2932 Posts

NG isn't a huge seller, in NA or even Japan, for that matter.

MGS is a huge crossover title in North America, second only to Final Fantasy or Gran Turismo, imo.

Udsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 Udsen
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts

IT'S MGS4. PS3'S BIGGEST GAME. LOL. CAPS.

Honestly, are people just stupid or something?

I pray to God none of you become analysts.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
Ninja Gaiden games never sold well. :|
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
MGS4 easily. It's the first game to be released in the "Just Wait" campaign. Ng2 will just be another great xbox 360 exclusive.
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts

You should rename your topic title to be more specific.

Anyhoo it's really hard to choose, but I would say NG2 mainly because there's more 360's in NA in comparison to ps3s.

Kritical_Strike

That would be my response as well. Although, both games should sell extrememly well, unless one, or both end up being absolute crap, but the chances of that are highly unlikely.

akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#63 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

i think NG .. because of the bigger console fan-base right now

also, a NG2 demo will convince more people to buy the game hopefully

and don't underestimate the crazy amount of blood .. that's sure to get a few people excited

ultimately, it comes down to this: would you rather play as a super-fast ninja or an old man?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#64 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Ninja Gaiden games are two HARD for the casual gamers.. Metal Gear isnt a walk in the park.. but it does attract more casuals then Ninja Gaiden.

Either way ill be buying both these games

Onizuka36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Onizuka36
Member since 2005 • 8295 Posts

ultimately, it comes down to this: would you rather play as a super-fast ninja or an old man?akif22

When the old man is Solid Snake and he can still whoop your butt any day of the week AND the MGS series has one of the best plots in all of gaming, I think I've made my choice. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Ninja Gaiden. The gameplay is just sick. Ultimitely though, MGS4 will be a much more fulfilling experience (especially for those who have stuck with the entire series).

Also, anybody who actually thinks NG2 will outsell MGS4 is either a blind fanboy or needs to rethink the logic behind their reasoning. I HOPE NG2 sells much better than it did in the past. but to somehow assume that it has a chance of catching MGS4 in sales is rediculous.

RazMaTaz-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 RazMaTaz-1
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts
Just look at NG sales, enuf said
Avatar image for Kritical_Strike
Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Kritical_Strike
Member since 2006 • 4123 Posts
[QUOTE="akif22"]

ultimately, it comes down to this: would you rather play as a super-fast ninja or an old man?Onizuka36

When the old man is Solid Snake and he can still whoop your butt any day of the week AND the MGS series has one of the best plots in all of gaming, I think I've made my choice. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Ninja Gaiden. The gameplay is just sick. Ultimitely though, MGS4 will be a much more fulfilling experience (especially for those who have stuck with the entire series).

Also, anybody who actually thinks NG2 will outsell MGS4 is either a blind fanboy or needs to rethink the logic behind their reasoning. I HOPE NG2 sells much better than it did in the past. but to somehow assume that it has a chance of catching MGS4 in sales is rediculous.

Whoa, big flaws in your argument:

The ps3 fanbase is nothing compared to what the ps2 fanbase was.

NG2 is no longer an unknown franchise, it's going to get way more publicity, both with its advertising campaign and it's excess of controversial blood.

The TC said NA. And guess which console is more popular in NA?

So, am I a blind fanboy for looking at this situation and thinking that NG2 could probably outsell MGS4? No, because I've utilised a long forgotten technique known as "use of logic".

Avatar image for ---OkeyDokey---
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ---OkeyDokey---
Member since 2007 • 3318 Posts

:| well atleast the majority voted MGS4.

Any better reasoning than "there are more 360's than ps3's"?

Thats weird. I thought the gamecube was a seen as a complete failure last gen in hardware and software sales. And yet....mario sunshine sold twice as much as every other platformer on the ps2 and xbox :?

But there were 100 million ps2's right? how could mario outsell ratchet and clank :o

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

Simply, both games are niche genres no matter how much you say otherwise :|

I'm inclined to NG2 in NA as there's the most 360s there. Europe on the otherhand might be different :|

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts
Metal Gear Solid 4 is a lot more anticipated than Ninja Gaiden 2, MGS4 will sell more in the US and worldwide.
Anti-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Anti-Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts
I voted for ninja gaiden 2, because it have the least vote. :( :lol:
Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts
Definitely MGS4. And im not saying NG is a bad game no, cause Wii sport sells more than both of them put together.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 02152008
Member since 2008 • 203 Posts
I think that Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots will be the conqueror. Ostensibly, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is more anticipated.
Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

ReverseCycology

Ha HA, Whats even more funny is that I think your being serious

ball_of_air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ball_of_air
Member since 2007 • 2105 Posts
How do you know MGS4 is coming out in June, TC?
-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts
[QUOTE="ultima-flare"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

ReverseCycology

Hahah. NG on Xbox didn't even break a million.

(Maybe NG:B+the normal version did though.)

The 360 is this gen PS2, the PS3 is this gen Xbox.

No its not. Its not leading the sales battle. :lol:

But, I guess your right technically. The 360 is a broken pile of crap thats unstable, almost like the PS2 once was.

And the original Xbox was at times, underrated.

No, I'm not a serious hardcore bashing cow. I do own a 360.

rockstar183

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 rockstar183
Member since 2006 • 1637 Posts
i think this will be the best selling mgs ever, there is so much hype around this game, and sony is going to market the hell out of it. i know people that will buy a ps3 to play it
HerzogJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 HerzogJan
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts
Although both are hardcore games, MGS appeals more to the average Joe than NG. Also, the hype surrounding MGS4 is out of this world. NG is a niche title, a installed base of 10 million in NA isn't going to sell any more copies than Xbox did with the first installment. I expect it to slightly break the million barrier since it's one of the better 360 titles this year. Not only will MGS outsell NG, it will multiply it by numorous factors at least. More interesting would be if NG would outsell DMC4, a multiplat title.
-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts

Aa installed base of 10 million in NA isn't going to sell any more copies than Xbox did with the first installment.HerzogJan

Ironically enough, though, the original Xbox was around like 7-8 million units sold in the NA when NG was released.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
MGS for sure. Ninja Gaiden isn't that popular among casual gamers.
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#81 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
Ninja Gaiden is hardly a massive seller, the MGS series was always good seller, so I'd say it's almost inevitable that MGS4 will do better.
whocares4peace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 whocares4peace
Member since 2005 • 4971 Posts

Metal Gear Solid 4 obviosly.

Its hyped as the savious of the ps3, its 1st big system seller. Ninja Gaiden 2 will be a great game, but it wopnt achieve the same level of hype

James567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 James567
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts

Anyone who thinks NG2 will sell more copiese than MGS4 is officially somking crack

MGS1 sold 6 million Plus

MGS2 sold 7 million PLus

MGS3 sold just below 4 million

The combined total copies sold of NG, NGB and NGS is 1.5 million.

Really they shouldnt be a debate about this at all

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

so which game do people think will sell more

Okami wii or Halo4? cause like.. the install base of the wii is massive so like it should sell more right?

chicagog19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#85 chicagog19
Member since 2006 • 753 Posts
How do you know MGS4 is coming out in June, TC?ball_of_air
There was link someone posted yesterday that there is good cchance that it will come out it june. I know that its just specualtion, but i think it would be pretty cool for these two exclusives to head to head in june. I have both consoles so i could care less, but jsut for the fun of it.
Onizuka36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Onizuka36
[QUOTE="Onizuka36"][QUOTE="akif22"]

ultimately, it comes down to this: would you rather play as a super-fast ninja or an old man?Kritical_Strike

NG2 is no longer an unknown franchise, it's going to get way more publicity, both with its advertising campaign and it's excess of controversial blood.

So, am I a blind fanboy for looking at this situation and thinking that NG2 could probably outsell MGS4? No, because I've utilised a long forgotten technique known as "use of logic".

First of all, there were a lot more people who owned the original XBox when Ninja Gaiden came out than people who owned the PS2 when MGS2 came out, so it is fair to say that Metal Gear Solid is not a series that is only a success because of a large fan base.

Second of all, despite what you may think, Ninja Gaiden clearly IS a fairly onknown franchise. Sure, people in system wars know that Ninja Gaiden is an amazing series, but sales clearly show that it has very little broad appeal. Like I said, I expect Ninja Gaiden will do better than previously with proper advertising, but not so well that it will outsell a series like Metal Gear Solid, especially considering you can expect MGS4 to dominate the airwaves during the launch period.

I conceded that the XBox 360 is more popular in NA, but I still don't see NG2 breaking through as far as sales go.

Lastly, I'm surprised you assume that I called you a blind fanboy. Personally, I think you fit in the catagory of people with flawed logic. I am just suggesting you rethink your logic, just as I have done so. If we still have a difference of opinion, I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Avatar image for Kritical_Strike
Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Kritical_Strike
Member since 2006 • 4123 Posts
[QUOTE="Kritical_Strike"][QUOTE="Onizuka36"][QUOTE="akif22"]

ultimately, it comes down to this: would you rather play as a super-fast ninja or an old man?Onizuka36

First of all, there were a lot more people who owned the original XBox when Ninja Gaiden came out than people who owned the PS2 when MGS2 came out, so it is fair to say that Metal Gear Solid is not a series that is only a success because of a large fan base.

Second of all, despite what you may think, Ninja Gaiden clearly IS a fairly onknown franchise. Sure, people in system wars know that Ninja Gaiden is an amazing series, but sales clearly show that it has very little broad appeal. Like I said, I expect Ninja Gaiden will do better than previously with proper advertising, but not so well that it will outsell a series like Metal Gear Solid, especially considering you can expect MGS4 to dominate the airwaves during the launch period.

I conceded that the XBox 360 is more popular in NA, but I still don't see NG2 breaking through as far as sales go.

Lastly, I'm surprised you assume that I called you a blind fanboy. Personally, I think you fit in the catagory of people with flawed logic. I am just suggesting you rethink your logic, just as I have done so. If we still have a difference of opinion, I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I'm just saying it can swing either way in NA, maybe I'm overestimating its advertising campaign.

Just remember, it is possible that a lot of controversy will surround NG2 around release, it's insanely violent, and for a game's sales controversy can be a very good thing (ala GTA).

deon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deon99
Member since 2007 • 677 Posts
mgs4 will sell more.they both have a good fan base but mgs has a bigger one and most people are waiting to mg comes to get a ps3.
Onizuka36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Onizuka36

Just remember, it is possible that a lot of controversy will surround NG2 around release, it's insanely violent, and for a game's sales controversy can be a very good thing (ala GTA).Kritical_Strike

lol, I have a feeling the media attention concerning NG2's violence will be minimal. I have a feeling GTA4 has that covered :P

ganon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ganon546
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts
Hmm.tough call for me. O wat the hell Im going to pick the upset and say Ninja Gaiden 2.
HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 HoldThePhone
Member since 2007 • 3364 Posts

Hmmm 2 Japanese made games, one having a very strong history here (MGS4). The other being known as an awsome but extremely difficult fighting game for hardcores (NG)

I wonder who will win :roll:

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Ninja Gaiden 2 or Metal Gear Solid? PLease make sure that you look at the topic question again before you answer. chicagog19

What the....

IS this a real thread?

IS this coms kind of Crazy Joke thread?!

I don't understand this.

What a bigger seller :

Mario or Sly Cooper?

Halo or TimeShift?

Metal Gear 4 or NG2?

This is WAY OVER.
NG2 is going to be a great game, I'm going to won both of these, but WHY COMPARE THEM. The SALES AREN'T going to be close!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

You should rename your topic title to be more specific.

Anyhoo it's really hard to choose, but I would say NG2 mainly because there's more 360's in NA in comparison to ps3s.

Kritical_Strike

There are WAY MORE 360's than PS3 in AMERICA...but did you see that Turnout for DMC4 on 360? You would think it woudl have sold more, but the 360 fanbase doesn't seem to appreciate these kinds of games as much as you and I.

ReverseCycology

Cool. I found one. Mom, told me that one was born everyday, but I don't find them that often!

------------------------------------------

Are you willing to wager that 46" Samsung LN-T4661F 1080p LCD HDTV that you brag about in your sig?

IF so, let me know, because I need to start making room for it RIGHT NOW!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#94 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Dude, I love NG and MGS, but c'mon..... MGS is the only thing that MADE me buy a PS3.
EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
MGS4 because so many people bought or are going to buy a PS3 for this game alone
krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

MGS$

people are scarred of ninja gaiden