New Xbox Live Cloud Seems Significantly Slower than PSN

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Mystery_Writer (7883 posts) -

Anyone else feels the same?

I thought distributed cloud servers would somehow enhance the download speed of XBL, but it appears to take approx 25 minutes per 1GB

PSN isn't fast either, but at least it manages to do 1GB in approx 15 minutes.

Granted, this should definitely not be at all representative of XBL / PSN performance, as it's just the account of one case.

Hence I though to ask if others (i.e. people with decent bandwidth at home so they could tell the difference) are too experiencing the same poor performance.

P.S. My home bandwidth is a decent 100Mb/s (which usually downloads 1GB in just approx 1 - 2 minutes)

#2 Posted by II_Seraphim_II (20486 posts) -

First world problems, complaining about downloading 1GB in 25 minutes lol :P

#3 Edited by withe1982 (450 posts) -

I doubt the whole "cloud" service will really be pushed until next year by MS. It's obvious it was going to hit a few teething problems just after launch but when it settles down a bit I'm sure it'll be competing with Sony in terms of speed.

#4 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1922 posts) -

Yes this is widely reported. Weak cloud.

#5 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5750 posts) -

Don't know if its the same for you guys, but on the PS4, if you have it set to standby mode, games download much quicker. Downloading the MP portion of COD only took me about 1 hour and 30 minutes, thats a 14GB download. Forza in the other hand took much longer, I would say 6 hours or more, for the 33GB download to finish.

#6 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (3955 posts) -

Xbox Live isn't fully up and running yet, simple as that. At the moment they have all the base functions up and running, but not at it's best.

#7 Edited by Suppaman100 (3709 posts) -

#8 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

It takes me 4-6 minutes to download 1GB from XBL.

#9 Posted by ccagracing (790 posts) -

I downloaded cod ghosts in just over an hour including the install.

#10 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

My cloud has lightning shooting out of it..................that is why it is the Godbox.

#11 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23420 posts) -

lulz.

slow download speeds.

no big deal for the last 7 years.

but now a problem.

#12 Posted by Bigboi500 (29130 posts) -

lolxboxone

#13 Edited by lglz1337 (3115 posts) -

cloud is a overhyped crap

#14 Edited by Heil68 (43244 posts) -

Interesting. I'm getting great speeds off of PSN.

#15 Edited by clyde46 (43997 posts) -
#16 Posted by Duckyindiana (2288 posts) -

I downloaded Ryse in about 2 hours and that's over 30 gigs!

#17 Posted by Phazevariance (10932 posts) -

I downloaded the whole internet in an hour but it should have taken 55 minutes. Teh slowdness

#18 Posted by NFJSupreme (5126 posts) -

There a lot of factors that are on play here so it's hard to say. It could just simply be your connection. Or maybe your location relative to their servers.

#19 Posted by hoosier7 (3776 posts) -

I feel for people in regions where they haven't even got data centres yet as it'll only be slower for them, nevermind those on slower internet connections.

Sony's launch seems so much better planned in the little aspects, it's clear playing as you install was planned early in the development phase and their purchase of Gaikai probably gained them some good knowledge in compression and packaging of data. MS however have you waiting on installs 15xs longer and longer downloads.