New Xbox Holiday 2012!!!!!!

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SpunkDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SpunkDust
Member since 2011 • 133 Posts
It will happen. They are already putting the engineers in place to build it. Late 2012 is perfect and by that point a new system will be well deserved and the public will be ready. I predict 8 core CPU 6 gigs ram 1TB hard drive DVD 2.0 with special 25+gig storage per disk custom built duel ATI GPU. BC with all 360 games and enhances 360 games graphics and Kinect ready. Xbox live 2.0 that will feature full cable TV ready abilities. Also cloud gaming type service for on demand games.
gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
[QUOTE="SpunkDust"] I predict 8 core CPU 6 gigs ram custom built duel ATI GPU. BC with all 360 games and enhances 360 games graphics and Kinect ready. Xbox live 2.0 that will feature full cable TV ready abilities.

Don't you want it to be affordable?
SpunkDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SpunkDust
[QUOTE="gmaster456"][QUOTE="SpunkDust"] I predict 8 core CPU 6 gigs ram custom built duel ATI GPU. BC with all 360 games and enhances 360 games graphics and Kinect ready. Xbox live 2.0 that will feature full cable TV ready abilities.

Ram is dirt cheap
KratosTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KratosTwin
Member since 2008 • 894 Posts

It will happen. They are already putting the engineers in place to build it. Late 2012 is perfect and by that point a new system will be well deserved and the public will be ready. I predict 8 core CPU 6 gigs ram 1TB hard drive custom built duel ATI GPU. BC with all 360 games and enhances 360 games graphics and Kinect ready. Xbox live 2.0 that will feature full cable TV ready abilities. Also cloud gaming type service for on demand games.SpunkDust

I can't imagine MS offering us that much value right out the gate. They'll likely make us purchase a bunch of features after the inital console purchase.

SpunkDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SpunkDust

[QUOTE="SpunkDust"]It will happen. They are already putting the engineers in place to build it. Late 2012 is perfect and by that point a new system will be well deserved and the public will be ready. I predict 8 core CPU 6 gigs ram 1TB hard drive custom built duel ATI GPU. BC with all 360 games and enhances 360 games graphics and Kinect ready. Xbox live 2.0 that will feature full cable TV ready abilities. Also cloud gaming type service for on demand games.KratosTwin

I can't imagine MS offering us that much value right out the gate. They'll likely make us purchase a bunch of features after the inital console purchase.

Oh we will pay for Live and stuff most likely years subscription starting at $69.99. But hardware wise sounds pretty logical.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="SpunkDust"]It will happen. They are already putting the engineers in place to build it. Late 2012 is perfect and by that point a new system will be well deserved and the public will be ready. I predict 8 core CPU 6 gigs ram 1TB hard drive custom built duel ATI GPU. BC with all 360 games and enhances 360 games graphics and Kinect ready. Xbox live 2.0 that will feature full cable TV ready abilities. Also cloud gaming type service for on demand games.KratosTwin

Eh or you'll have to download a patch to enable certain features then watch as patches later remove features...no wait thats sony.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gmaster456
[QUOTE="SpunkDust"][QUOTE="gmaster456"][QUOTE="SpunkDust"] I predict 8 core CPU 6 gigs ram custom built duel ATI GPU. BC with all 360 games and enhances 360 games graphics and Kinect ready. Xbox live 2.0 that will feature full cable TV ready abilities.

Ram is dirt cheap

I was leaning more towards the 8 core CPU and Crossfire Gpu's...
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

It will happen. They are already putting the engineers in place to build it. Late 2012 is perfect and by that point a new system will be well deserved and the public will be ready. I predict 8 core CPU 6 gigs ram 1TB hard drive custom built duel ATI GPU. BC with all 360 games and enhances 360 games graphics and Kinect ready. Xbox live 2.0 that will feature full cable TV ready abilities. Also cloud gaming type service for on demand games.SpunkDust

An octo-core and six gigs of ram? Are you crazy? The 360 has a tri-core processer and 512MB of RAM and that was coming up from the Xbox's single-core CPU and 64MB of RAM. Seeing that big of a change from the generation to the next would kill any company stupid enough to even think about trying that.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

lol TC HAS to be trollin us with those specs. It'll be more expensive than my PC which is like 2.8k

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#10 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

You need to change that tittle :?

I would get it anyway. 2012 seems to be the perfect timming to me.

KratosTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KratosTwin
Member since 2008 • 894 Posts

[QUOTE="KratosTwin"]

[QUOTE="SpunkDust"]It will happen. They are already putting the engineers in place to build it. Late 2012 is perfect and by that point a new system will be well deserved and the public will be ready. I predict 8 core CPU 6 gigs ram 1TB hard drive custom built duel ATI GPU. BC with all 360 games and enhances 360 games graphics and Kinect ready. Xbox live 2.0 that will feature full cable TV ready abilities. Also cloud gaming type service for on demand games.WilliamRLBaker

Eh or you'll have to download a patch to enable certain features then watch as patches later remove features...no wait thats sony.

You're on the serious defensive today aren't you? LOL

How much is MS paying you?

I'm looking forward to the next console, just being guarded about MS and what they did this gen with all the extra crap to buy that should have been included originally with the console in the first place. I think and hope they will not do it again next gen.

SpunkDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SpunkDust
[QUOTE="gmaster456"][QUOTE="SpunkDust"][QUOTE="gmaster456"] Don't you want it to be affordable?

Ram is dirt cheap

Not crossfire. More like a 6990 duel GPU
wolverine_97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wolverine_97
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts
[QUOTE="SpunkDust"]It will happen. They are already putting the engineers in place to build it. Late 2012 is perfect and by that point a new system will be well deserved and the public will be ready. I predict 8 core CPU 6 gigs ram 1TB hard drive DVD 2.0 with special 25+gig storage per disk custom built duel ATI GPU. BC with all 360 games and enhances 360 games graphics and Kinect ready. Xbox live 2.0 that will feature full cable TV ready abilities. Also cloud gaming type service for on demand games.

8 cores lol, only server PCs have that much currently, i predict 6 at the most. Dual GPUs?, it will more likely be one more powerful GPU than two.lol
SpunkDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SpunkDust

[QUOTE="SpunkDust"]It will happen. They are already putting the engineers in place to build it. Late 2012 is perfect and by that point a new system will be well deserved and the public will be ready. I predict 8 core CPU 6 gigs ram 1TB hard drive custom built duel ATI GPU. BC with all 360 games and enhances 360 games graphics and Kinect ready. Xbox live 2.0 that will feature full cable TV ready abilities. Also cloud gaming type service for on demand games.Phoenix534

An octo-core and six gigs of ram? Are you crazy? The 360 has a tri-core processer and 512MB of RAM and that was coming up from the Xbox's single-core CPU and 64MB of RAM. Seeing that big of a change from the generation to the next would kill any company stupid enough to even think about trying that.

We are at 6 core CPU's now an 8 core is not stretch late 2012.
gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gmaster456
[QUOTE="SpunkDust"][QUOTE="gmaster456"][QUOTE="SpunkDust"] Ram is dirt cheap

Thats still technically crossfire. And the 6990 is $700 and requires a nuclear powerplant to run.
wolverine_97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wolverine_97
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="SpunkDust"]It will happen. They are already putting the engineers in place to build it. Late 2012 is perfect and by that point a new system will be well deserved and the public will be ready. I predict 8 core CPU 6 gigs ram 1TB hard drive custom built duel ATI GPU. BC with all 360 games and enhances 360 games graphics and Kinect ready. Xbox live 2.0 that will feature full cable TV ready abilities. Also cloud gaming type service for on demand games.SpunkDust

Thats why i said CURRENTLY

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 painguy1

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="SpunkDust"]It will happen. They are already putting the engineers in place to build it. Late 2012 is perfect and by that point a new system will be well deserved and the public will be ready. I predict 8 core CPU 6 gigs ram 1TB hard drive custom built duel ATI GPU. BC with all 360 games and enhances 360 games graphics and Kinect ready. Xbox live 2.0 that will feature full cable TV ready abilities. Also cloud gaming type service for on demand games.SpunkDust

TC u gotta stop trollin us like this. it hurs badly :lol: You do realize that they start hardware development much earlier right? so they will be using older parts.

SpunkDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SpunkDust
[QUOTE="gmaster456"][QUOTE="SpunkDust"][QUOTE="gmaster456"] I was leaning more towards the 8 core CPU and Crossfire Gpu's...

Thats still technically crossfire. And the 6990 is $700 and requires a nuclear powerplant to run.

It can be a custom built stripped down version on some sort. ATI can do this knowing they will sell a ton of them in the new Xbox so money is there to be made.
gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gaming25
Member since 2010 • 6181 Posts
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

[QUOTE="KratosTwin"]

Beats paying for products that should be with the actual product.
SpunkDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SpunkDust

[QUOTE="SpunkDust"][QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

painguy1

TC u gotta stop trollin us like this. it hurs badly :lol: You do realize that they start hardware development much earlier right? so they will be using older parts.

When the 360 launched with a 3core CPU I think we had really only seen duel cores in PC's at that time so why would we not think an 8 core is not possible?
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

Yes. On PCs, where they cost >$200. When AMD releases octo-cores this summer, you can be sure that they won't be cheap. And if they were to release in 2012, then they'd be getting up the contracts within a few months and beginning production in a month or two after that. Unless you want to pay at least a thousand dollars on the Xbox 3, expecting an octo-core processer and a crossfire setup is crazy.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Microsoft already said that Kinect would cover them for the next few years. There is no way they'd just kill Kinect this quickly, especially after being the fastest-selling hardware in history.
SpunkDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SpunkDust
Microsoft already said that Kinect would cover them for the next few years. There is no way they'd just kill Kinect this quickly, especially after being the fastest-selling hardware in history.foxhound_fox
Why would they kill kinect. I said the new xbox will be kinect ready just plug kinect into new xbox?
WiiRocks66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 WiiRocks66
Member since 2007 • 3488 Posts
[QUOTE="painguy1"]

[QUOTE="SpunkDust"] We are at 6 core CPU's now an 8 core is not stretch late 2012.SpunkDust

When the 360 launched with a 3core CPU I think we had really only seen duel cores in PC's at that time so why would we not think an 8 core is not possible?

It's possible, but expensive. How about a dual core? But, with our of order execution. A dual core with out of order execution will be far faster than a quad with in order execution.
SpunkDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SpunkDust

Phoenix534

Yes. On PCs, where they cost >$200. When AMD releases octo-cores this summer, you can be sure that they won't be cheap. And if they were to release in 2012, then they'd be getting up the contracts within a few months and beginning production in a month or two after that. Unless you want to pay at least a thousand dollars on the Xbox 3, expecting an octo-core processer and a crossfire setup is crazy.

Go back and read up on the 3 core CPU in the 360 when it launched many artcles said how cheap it was to make this CPU and also that it was pretty stripped down and was not even that powerful as to what developers had hope for. So they can make a stripped down custom 8 core now in this same way
Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

It will happen. They are already putting the engineers in place to build it. Late 2012 is perfect and by that point a new system will be well deserved and the public will be ready. I predict 8 core CPU 6 gigs ram 1TB hard drive DVD 2.0 with special 25+gig storage per disk custom built duel ATI GPU. BC with all 360 games and enhances 360 games graphics and Kinect ready. Xbox live 2.0 that will feature full cable TV ready abilities. Also cloud gaming type service for on demand games.SpunkDust

Eight cores? Consoles aren't PC's. When a game's running, your anti-virus, multiple internet browser tabs, massive download, and OS won't be running at the same time. Multi-threading isn't easy. Eight threads is overkill.

Six GBs? See above.

1TB is overkill for consoles. It's not like you save all of your music, movies, and entire installs of games on your console, do you? Destroying the resale value of games and promoting digital distribution would make larger hard drive sizes plausible next gen, but nothing that extreme.

DVD 2.0? Why develop that when Blu-ray exists?

Dual GPU...What is this? A PC?

lol TC HAS to be trollin us with those specs. It'll be more expensive than my PC which is like 2.8k

painguy1

Must see. Nao. :o

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 painguy1

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

[QUOTE="SpunkDust"] We are at 6 core CPU's now an 8 core is not stretch late 2012.SpunkDust

yeah an extremely gimped tricore. it was basically a bad tricore with the performance of a slow pentium 4 & it only did in-order operations. The dualcores outperformed the 360's CPU.

TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

That would be expensive. Anyway I just hope they make live free again

SpunkDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SpunkDust

[QUOTE="SpunkDust"]It will happen. They are already putting the engineers in place to build it. Late 2012 is perfect and by that point a new system will be well deserved and the public will be ready. I predict 8 core CPU 6 gigs ram 1TB hard drive DVD 2.0 with special 25+gig storage per disk custom built duel ATI GPU. BC with all 360 games and enhances 360 games graphics and Kinect ready. Xbox live 2.0 that will feature full cable TV ready abilities. Also cloud gaming type service for on demand games.Technoweirdo

Eight cores? Consoles aren't PC's. When a game's running, your anti-virus, multiple internet browser tabs, massive download, and OS won't be running at the same time. Multi-threading isn't easy. Eight threads is overkill.

Six GBs? See above.

1TB is overkill for consoles. It's not like you save all of your music, movies, and entire installs of games on your console, do you? Destroying the resale value of games and promoting digital distribution would make larger hard drive **** plausible next gen, but nothing that extreme.

Yes it is basically the new Xbox will be the multimedia center piece of the family room and can do everything like a PC.
TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

[QUOTE="SpunkDust"]It will happen. They are already putting the engineers in place to build it. Late 2012 is perfect and by that point a new system will be well deserved and the public will be ready. I predict 8 core CPU 6 gigs ram 1TB hard drive DVD 2.0 with special 25+gig storage per disk custom built duel ATI GPU. BC with all 360 games and enhances 360 games graphics and Kinect ready. Xbox live 2.0 that will feature full cable TV ready abilities. Also cloud gaming type service for on demand games.Technoweirdo

Six GBs? See above.

1TB is overkill for consoles. It's not like you save all of your music, movies, and entire installs of games on your console, do you? Destroying the resale value of games and promoting digital distribution would make larger hard drive sizes plausible next gen, but nothing that extreme.

Microsoft will probably never use BR since it was developed by Sony

demonic_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31 demonic_85
Member since 2009 • 1395 Posts

I would say a hex core processor seems rather unlikely and unneccesary for a Xbox console. A solid quad would perform just fine while staying within a reasonable budget. The last I heard Microsoft was still in the planning and research phase (in other words they just started) for developing a new console. They'll hold off as long as they can to keep raking in profits from the current gen console.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gmaster456

[QUOTE="Technoweirdo"]

[QUOTE="SpunkDust"]It will happen. They are already putting the engineers in place to build it. Late 2012 is perfect and by that point a new system will be well deserved and the public will be ready. I predict 8 core CPU 6 gigs ram 1TB hard drive DVD 2.0 with special 25+gig storage per disk custom built duel ATI GPU. BC with all 360 games and enhances 360 games graphics and Kinect ready. Xbox live 2.0 that will feature full cable TV ready abilities. Also cloud gaming type service for on demand games.SpunkDust

Six GBs? See above.

1TB is overkill for consoles. It's not like you save all of your music, movies, and entire installs of games on your console, do you? Destroying the resale value of games and promoting digital distribution would make larger hard drive **** plausible next gen, but nothing that extreme.

Yes it is basically the new Xbox will be the multimedia center piece of the family room and can do everything like a PC.

Why not just have an HTPC then?

junaid15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 junaid15
Member since 2005 • 1163 Posts

[QUOTE="Technoweirdo"]

[QUOTE="SpunkDust"]It will happen. They are already putting the engineers in place to build it. Late 2012 is perfect and by that point a new system will be well deserved and the public will be ready. I predict 8 core CPU 6 gigs ram 1TB hard drive DVD 2.0 with special 25+gig storage per disk custom built duel ATI GPU. BC with all 360 games and enhances 360 games graphics and Kinect ready. Xbox live 2.0 that will feature full cable TV ready abilities. Also cloud gaming type service for on demand games.TheEpicGoat

Six GBs? See above.

why not? I mean sony uses windows on its laptops.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#35 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

And I predict a new wave of RRoD issues.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts

That would be expensive. Anyway I just hope they make live free again

TheEpicGoat
Never happen. But they offer a lot on Live so paying for it shouldn't be an issue. It's more then reasonable
Tony-Baxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 Tony-Baxter
Member since 2003 • 6498 Posts
Release date- Dec 21 2012 :lol:
Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

TheEpicGoat

Developed in part by Sony. They don't own the format, just like the DVD. The only thing Microsoft would lose going Blu-ray is a speck of pride for supporting HD-DVD.

Yes it is basically the new Xbox will be the multimedia center piece of the family room and can do everything like a PC.SpunkDust

You can already use the PS3 as a multimedia center, sans Internet browsing.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

painguy1

Pc's were dual core when the 360 launched. Very few pc's even had dual core at that time since it was so new

SpunkDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SpunkDust
Release date- Dec 21 2012 :lol:Tony-Baxter
No more like close or near Thanksgiving like maybe early November so they can have mega hype for black Friday sales and rolling into December Christmas.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Priced at a cool $399

[spoiler] On 4 easy payments [/spoiler]

I-Scarface-I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 I-Scarface-I
Member since 2011 • 93 Posts

I'll never understand why people ask for all these specs. You want them? Build a PC.

If those were console specs that console would cost $1500.

killzoneded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 killzoneded
Member since 2011 • 486 Posts

It will happen. They are already putting the engineers in place to build it. Late 2012 is perfect and by that point a new system will be well deserved and the public will be ready. I predict 8 core CPU 6 gigs ram 1TB hard drive DVD 2.0 with special 25+gig storage per disk custom built duel ATI GPU. BC with all 360 games and enhances 360 games graphics and Kinect ready. Xbox live 2.0 that will feature full cable TV ready abilities. Also cloud gaming type service for on demand games.SpunkDust

Holiday 2013 the earliest, that is what will happen in reality

Xbox 360 has the best graphics on consoles by miles, why would they ever release a new system ? Crysis 2 on 360looks better than in 99.9% of PCs out there

And the most advanced motion controls too for the lowest price

Releasing a new system when you have the most advanced on the market in every way and in best price is rather crazy, will never happen so soon

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

The only new xbox we'll see soon would be a full hd version whcih would be a slightly faster xbox to do the same games at 1080p. thats highly doubtful though.

ms is just going to wait for sony and then launch a year ahead of sony. sony is nowhere near ready to launch a new console.

DillonShwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 DillonShwing
Member since 2010 • 565 Posts

Wouldn't it be great if Microsoft completely surprised everyone at E3 this year by announcing their next gen console? Thats what I'm praying for at E3.

Tony-Baxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 Tony-Baxter
Member since 2003 • 6498 Posts

The only new xbox we'll see soon would be a full hd version whcih would be a slightly faster xbox to do the same games at 1080p. thats highly doubtful though.

ms is just going to wait for sony and then launch a year ahead of sony. sony is nowhere near ready to launch a new console.

Cranler
The one we have now isnt full hd?
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Not going to happen. If they made that console it would be WAY too much to sell to the general public.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gmaster456
[QUOTE="Cranler"]

Tony-Baxter
The one we have now isnt full hd?

nope. Its not
-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts

Wouldn't it be great if Microsoft completely surprised everyone at E3 this year by announcing their next gen console? Thats what I'm praying for at E3.

DillonShwing
If it could compete spec wise with the PC I'm going to build, then by all means I would cancel that project and buy it. (4GB RAM, GTX 570, i5 Sandybridge)
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

And I predict a new wave of RRoD issues.

YearoftheSnake5

Especially if what Microsoft said was true they said the next Xbox is scheduled for a 2015 release. If they release it for Holiday 2012 it will be 3 years ahead of schedule meaning they rushed it to compete with Nintendo.

The hardware will be faulty if they rush it out that early.