New Xbox called "Xbox 8" ?

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#-49 Posted by casharmy (6833 posts) -

[QUOTE="rasengan2552"] Mods getting butthurt over comments ? now I've seen it all, and you're playing sales as well ... lemmoderator.verbtex

Just because we are mods doesn't mean we have to be completely neutral. As long as we aren't moderating unfairly, we can have a preference. I try to be as neutral as possible, but I have to admit, I DO have a console preference.

at least you are up front about it

+1

#-48 Posted by rasengan2552 (4868 posts) -

[QUOTE="verbtex"]

[QUOTE="rasengan2552"] Mods getting butthurt over comments ? now I've seen it all, and you're playing sales as well ... lemmoderator.casharmy

Just because we are mods doesn't mean we have to be completely neutral. As long as we aren't moderating unfairly, we can have a preference. I try to be as neutral as possible, but I have to admit, I DO have a console preference.

+1

this.
#-47 Posted by AdobeArtist (22900 posts) -

[QUOTE="verbtex"]

[QUOTE="rasengan2552"] Mods getting butthurt over comments ? now I've seen it all, and you're playing sales as well ... lemmoderator.ShadowMoses900

That's fair, I think everyone has a prefrence towards one console or another. It's not wrong either as long as you don't act like your preference is better.

However old TOU there were definately mods that suspended people because they disagreed with them.

I've never hidden the fact that I enjoy gaming on the 360. Everybody's got their own preferences and have never questioned other peoples choices, be that for Wii, PS3, or PC.

But that isn't even the point. I intentionally made a silly comment to illustrate how silly the comment is that I was responding to, one that in 2012 brings up an outdated issue. Like I said, it's called satire, and it uses exageration to get a point across. I don't give a damn about any system sales, be that PS3, X360, or Wii. That was never really the point.

C'mon guys, do I really have to draw this on a blackboard for you? :|

#-46 Posted by verbtex (8527 posts) -

AdobeArtist

Please oh please oh please.

I like pictures. :D.

Anyways, back on topic, Xbox 8 does sound kind of lame, but for a code name it might be alright. Hopefully they come up with something better.

#-45 Posted by AdobeArtist (22900 posts) -

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

verbtex

Please oh please oh please.

I like pictures. :D.

Anyways, back on topic, Xbox 8 does sound kind of lame, but for a code name it might be alright. Hopefully they come up with something better.

I actually went over how every system had a code name while the product was still in its development stages. There's no way to expect the final name to be Xbox 8 or Xbox 720.

#-44 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

It wouldn't surprise me if they really named it something like that considering how they named the "360". Evn tho it would make zero sense (like there were already 7 Xboxes or something).

#-43 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Lol people care? Video game consoles have always had stupid ass names. Playstation Vita Wii Wii-U 360 Nintendo 64AcidSoldner

N64 wasn't a stupid name. It was a reference to it's 64-bit processor. And Wii might sound silly but it worked with it's target audience (easy to pronounce, memorable, simple).

#-42 Posted by RR360DD (11956 posts) -

Yeah the PS4 is fuked. Who will buy a 4 when theres a 8 on the market?

#-41 Posted by WTA2k5 (3997 posts) -

I think I missed a few...

#-40 Posted by RR360DD (11956 posts) -

It wouldn't surprise me if they really named it something like that considering how they named the "360". Evn tho it would make zero sense (like there were already 7 Xboxes or something).

nameless12345

Oh yeah, forgot there were 63 nintendos before the N64.

#-39 Posted by LovePotionNo9 (4751 posts) -
Whatever it's called I hope it brings a bunch of fun games and not a bunch of boring shooters.
#-38 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

RR360DD

N64 had a 64-bit CPU. What did 360 have? A circulaur button? Still doesn't really quite make sense.

#-37 Posted by mems_1224 (47166 posts) -

8 > 4.

Badosh
i mean....they did name the second xbox the xbox 360 to go toe to toe with ps3 to its not crazy to think thats their plan :lol:
#-36 Posted by RR360DD (11956 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

nameless12345

N64 had a 64-bit CPU. What did 360 have? A circulaur button? Still doesn't really quite make sense.

Nintendo took one aspect of the console and incorporated it into the name. Microsoft done the same. The 360 (circle) represents the unified, fully intergrated service the X360 offers. Thats been their mission statement all gen.

Not saying I think this rumour is true, but if they are fully integrating Win 8, Win Phone 8 and the next Xbox then calling it 8 as well doesn't seem so silly.

#-35 Posted by meetroid8 (21139 posts) -
And I thought Wii U was bad.
#-34 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

X-box 8, that is so wrong ! And running win8, i'll pass !!!

#-33 Posted by PraetorianMan (1338 posts) -

Well, better than "Kinectbox" that I thought it would be called.

#-32 Posted by AdobeArtist (22900 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

nameless12345

You're looking at it too literally. It was more of a thematic idea; the console being at the center of 360 degrees of entertainment - games, movies, music, and being able to share that entertainment exprience with your friends from anywhere around you, via the social infrastructure.

And why are people still commenting like Xbox 8 will be the final product name? :|

#-31 Posted by Badosh (12733 posts) -

X-box 8, that is so wrong ! And running win8, i'll pass !!!

DISSESHOWEDO
A cow passing on the nextbox, surprise!!!!
#-30 Posted by klusps (10381 posts) -

Where's the Xbox 6 & 7?

j/k

#-29 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Xbox---->Xbox-360----->Xbox 8.

What.

#-28 Posted by CaptainAhab13 (5121 posts) -
Unreal Engine 4? There better be a motherf*cking good Unreal Tournament iteration.
#-27 Posted by Gue1 (10029 posts) -

This name makes about as much sense as the Xbox 360 did, so obviously, this is bound to be true.charizard1605

"360" was how some people called the "The Home Computer Revolution",when PC became more than just tools for calculations and business. And in this case Xbox 360 meant a shake up, a new focus to gaming, a revolution... The online gaming era was what they brought. DLC, online multiplayers, video streaming to consoles, etc....

I know about it because I studied it in Introduction to Computer Science like 5 years ago, this is the first class you take when you start a degree on Computer Science and you learn about computer history, Ada Lovelace (the first programmer was a woman)and stuff.

#-26 Posted by Mystery_Writer (7935 posts) -

that's a fierce number, scares PS triple fans

*flame shield on*

#-25 Posted by taterfrickintot (2851 posts) -

not a bad name in my opinion. it will obviously run an OS similar to windows 8 and will be compatible with windows 8 devices, and it will be the 8th console gen, so its not a bad idea at all IMO. a lot better than wii u.

#-24 Posted by santoron (7749 posts) -

Well, that's one way to dodge the Curse of the Third Console.

#-23 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

This name makes about as much sense as the Xbox 360 did, so obviously, this is bound to be true.charizard1605

It all became clear when this meme was invented:

meh.ro5649.png

#-22 Posted by Heil68 (44697 posts) -
I'm guessing Kinect 2.0
#-21 Posted by MacBoomStick (1948 posts) -

Xbox 2pi

#-20 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
x8ox it wont be called xbox 8...its a stupid name...then again...its microsoft
#-19 Posted by getyeryayasout (7538 posts) -
Who knows? I always think console names are bad until I become familiar enough with them. GameCube, Wii, Xbox 360, all sounded horrible to me at first.
#-18 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10136 posts) -
lol. I bet it's going to try and run with Windows 8 as well. :lol:
#-17 Posted by RR360DD (11956 posts) -

x8ox it wont be called xbox 8...its a stupid name...then again...its microsoftcampzor

Vita LOL

#-16 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10136 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"]x8ox it wont be called xbox 8...its a stupid name...then again...its microsoftRR360DD

Vita LOL

What about it, LOL? :|
#-15 Posted by wis3boi (31382 posts) -

SexBawks 9000

#-14 Posted by Swift_Boss_A (14579 posts) -

Why is Nintendo afraid of Xbox? Cause Xbox 8 PlayStation....

#-13 Posted by Evz0rz (4624 posts) -

That's real dumb. I'm expecting Xbox Infinity, it sounds good and it isn't completely stupid.

Phoenix534
The problem with that is where would you take it after that for the next console? Beyond?
#-12 Posted by tubbyc (3749 posts) -

Somehow, I really like that. It would be something unexpected but straight-forward. It's probably just a code name though.

#-11 Posted by l34052 (3201 posts) -

Who cares what the thing is called aslong as it works well, has good games and is a good price:roll:

#-10 Posted by freedomfreak (40646 posts) -

SexBawks 9000

wis3boi
would buy
#-9 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28402 posts) -

[QUOTE="verbtex"]

[QUOTE="rasengan2552"] Mods getting butthurt over comments ? now I've seen it all, and you're playing sales as well ... lemmoderator.casharmy

+1

untill you start saying the mods are biased which you already have. then its the your the evil.
#-8 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10136 posts) -
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="verbtex"]

+1

untill you start saying the mods are biased which you already have. then its the your the evil.

lol Pot calling the kettle black.
#-7 Posted by lhughey (4235 posts) -
It makes sense from a cohesiveness perspective if it will run Windows 8 metro and allow you to run apps/games designed for Windows 8 phone and Windows 8 desktop.
#-6 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -

Xbox 8 maybe because of it's going to run on Windows 8? Seems like the most logical explanation...

#-5 Posted by BIOKILLER123 (576 posts) -

The name sounds fine to me. It's most likely a placeholder name.

#-4 Posted by brennanhuff (990 posts) -

I think it's alright if it launches with Windows 8. The only name that I ever thought was kind of lame is the Wii.

#-3 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
So M$ is going to sell lems Windows 8 with a cheap computer and call it Xbox? Seems the kind of crap idiot lems love to fall for.
#-2 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Lol. Consoles noobs. They're next OS for the PC is Windows 8 so the Xbox 8 makes sense.

Zophar87

It makes no sense at all. It is as bad as Apples Iphone naming.

#-1 Posted by brennanhuff (990 posts) -

So M$ is going to sell lems Windows 8 with a cheap computer and call it Xbox? Seems the kind of crap idiot lems love to fall for.kuraimen

Says the guy running a Windows machine.

#0 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]So M$ is going to sell lems Windows 8 with a cheap computer and call it Xbox? Seems the kind of crap idiot lems love to fall for.brennanhuff

Says the guy running a Windows machine.

Ew I run Linux not that Windows crap.